Will you use X-Cloud to play games or is it just a dumpster fire?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you use X-Cloud to play games or is it just a dumpster fire? (22 votes)

Yes, I love playing games on a small phone screen with tons of input delay 59%
No, I prefer to play my games through local hardware in my home on a big TV or Monitor 41%

Who's gonna use this thing? Imagine playing Witcher 3 on a phone on a bus or something going to work, wtf are they thinking?

I can barely play mobile games on my phone without wanting to throw it out the window. A console game on there gtho of here microsoft.

I just saw a gamespot article about x-cloud and it just heated me up I don't want this crap in my life.

I don't care if its free, I don't care if bundled with gamepass. I am not using this ever. They had there controller attached there phone I mean it looked clunky nobody in hell is going to do that with a phone on the go bring a console controller with you ? Where are you gonna put this stuff?

I'm sorry Microsoft this isn't the future, nobody is going lug around a xbone controller attach to our phone sit around a bus playing on the small screen input delays cause its all through the internet.

• 
Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Concern trolling again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

Having the option to continue playing a game on the go seems like a great OPTION to have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Pedro said:

Having the option to continue playing a game on the go seems like a great OPTION to have.

How so? Your going to bring a xb1 controller with you on the go and play games on your phone? What if the games lagging through your phone and you can barely control the game.

What if you can't read the text on your phone screen because its so small?

Theres gonna be so many issues with this man were not even close to ready for this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Dumpster fire for sure

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Oh heck yeah, eight dayzz a week.

We all know SW hates Options but not me. Thanks for all the Options, MS. :P

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

i've been using the Xcloud preview and it works great.. gonna be a nice option once it releases..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Antwan3K said:

i've been using the Xcloud preview and it works great.. gonna be a nice option once it releases..

Can you walk us through how your using it? Tell us the situation what game your playing on it etc.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Do you have a slow connection?

People with fibre probably won’t have much of a problem.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Not sure I would play online multi player this way .. I tried Stadia online multiplayer and it was lagggggy .. I would play single player games this way. Lets say you are on a campaign in a game and you want to complete some of it while on your lunch break at work.. I think that is the ideal use for things like this

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-xbox-xcloud-accessories-announced-for-mobile-g/1100-6480494/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-how-touch-controls-for-xbox-games-will-work-/1100-6480517/

AwesomeSauce, this going to be good. :D

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@SecretPolice: if the service isnt laggy I'll buy that razor controller, looks clean, im due for a phone upgrade anyway, might need to go for something with a bigger screen. I'm stoked about this.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@jeezers said:

@SecretPolice: if the service isnt laggy I'll buy that razor controller, looks clean, im due for a phone upgrade anyway, might need to go for something with a bigger screen. I'm stoked about this.

Jeezers, love your new thread and just did a copy and paste of what I posted here to my post there. Good stuff.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

@ProtossRushX: What ifs? Then don't. That is what option means.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

Honestly the fact I will just get it for having gamepass means I will at least try it out

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I won’t subscribe to it specifically but if it’s bundled into a service that I subscribe to then I’ll at least try it out.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Xbox......for the players

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

I will never, under any circumstances, use streaming to play games.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Xcloud works brilliantly so far. When the family outvotes me and wants to use the big TV, I just switch it over to my SBP4 and carry on.
Another failed thread I'm afraid.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I will actually.

No point getting an xbox when you have a phone. It's not like the games will look any worse.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Antwan3K  Online

@ProtossRushX: I left a controller over my gf's place so I can keep playing games over there via XCloud.. I've played online games like Sea of Theives and Gears 5 horde mode while over there and it worked great.. My teammates had no idea I wasn't playing from my console.. I also recently gave her a ride to the dentist's office and I used XCloud while waiting on her to get finished up.. Beyond that, I've used XCloud while in other parts of the house while away from the TV..

I've also used it as a quick way to try a new game.. It's infinitely faster than doing a full download..

Overall, it's a cool option.. I already have Game Pass Ultimate so it's just gonna be a great addition..

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Dumpster fire, like all of your threads?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Do you really see this as only meant for mobile devices? Services like these greatly expand the set of available devices through which you can reach potential gamers.

Do you know how many shitty PCs are sitting around? Now they can all play games. People using Linux? Games. Mac? Games. Smart TV? Games. Raspberry Pi? Games.

MS ain't the only player in the game streaming space.

20 Best Cloud Gaming Services in 2020

Must be something you are missing. The whole 'closed mind, open mouth' thing really hurts your post quality.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

A wee bit of a dumpster fire. But hey, there's streaming for you.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

a dumpster fire like your posts? nah, let's not go that far.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
@kadin_kai said:

@ProtossRushX: Do you have a slow connection?

People with fibre probably won’t have much of a problem.

my guess is that TC is on his parent's dial up, so this would be a non-starter for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Antwan3K said:

@ProtossRushX: I left a controller over my gf's place so I can keep playing games over there via XCloud.. I've played online games like Sea of Theives and Gears 5 horde mode while over there and it worked great.. My teammates had no idea I wasn't playing from my console.. I also recently gave her a ride to the dentist's office and I used XCloud while waiting on her to get finished up.. Beyond that, I've used XCloud while in other parts of the house while away from the TV..

I've also used it as a quick way to try a new game.. It's infinitely faster than doing a full download..

Overall, it's a cool option.. I already have Game Pass Ultimate so it's just gonna be a great addition..

Why not just get your g/f an xb1? Your playing online games through the cloud and its not lagging at all how can you do that dude theres so much going on even a slight delay will screw you over team and probably or yell or try to kick you.

Dude I can't see myself just whipping out phone whipping out an xb1 controller out my pocket at the dentists office theres barely any time to get any gaming done and it just would look terrible in public with a controller on your phone. People would probably go "what the hell are you doing?"

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Antwan3K  Online

@ProtossRushX said:
@Antwan3K said:

Why not just get your g/f an xb1? Your playing online games through the cloud and its not lagging at all how can you do that dude theres so much going on even a slight delay will screw you over team and probably or yell or try to kick you.

Dude I can't see myself just whipping out phone whipping out an xb1 controller out my pocket at the dentists office theres barely any time to get any gaming done and it just would look terrible in public with a controller on your phone. People would probably go "what the hell are you doing?"

Why buy another console when i can just use a controller and smartphone that i already own?..

I've played online games via Xcloud and haven't had any issues.. mostly PvE stuff but no-one could tell i wasn't playing on my console.. i'm sorry if these facts conflict with the narrative you're trying to create..

It's no different than whipping out a Switch and playing a game in a waiting room..

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Always good to see innovation and have options. If the solution works at least reasonably well for the scenarios envisioned that will be a plus for the community. If not it will die and be replaced with something better. Something successful in this space is inevitable over the course of time, which will be good if you like gaming.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Yes. Probably in the future, specially for games that aren't too sensitive with input timing: SP, turn based or something like normal difficulty AC.

The future is all about streaming and platform agnosticism. Might not happen in the next gen or three, but we'll get there.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2928 Posts

I never cared one bit about handheld gaming, but I am sure there are some, if not many, gamers out there who enjoy it. Let them play on their small screens while I play on my big tv. Doesn't bother me. Everyone is happy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Even if I never used it, it's an added feature of Game Pass, and Game Pass by itself is worth it. And it's not like it is anything extra I will have to pay for.

I can see utility of it if I want to try a game but not committed to download it, or if a friend on the fly is like "you wanna hop in on some co-op" but I don't have it installed and it might take too much time, problem solved. It might also be useful if I want to game in another part of the house, or maybe game while watching something, or maybe even game when I am not at home, or traveling without my console.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Its not on the PS5 so its trash. 😊

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I will say though that X-Cloud on the Switch would probably be pretty cool or at least much better then playing on a phone.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

cow insecurity thread...

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@hardwenzen:

It will be,Sony bent the knee and suckled MS bollox for ‘da power of da cloud’

Sony will charge cows for it,and cows will happily hand over their money....nothing a cow likes more than having the £££ squeezed out of their teats

HaH

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I will say though that X-Cloud on the Switch would probably be pretty cool or at least much better then playing on a phone.

IIRC, DF wasn't too happy that the latest switch model didn't have improved or much improved wifi.

Some phones will probably have better connectivity and display than the switch but you will probably want to use controllers like in some shots in the XCloud ad.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice

This guy is just one sad sack...

lol :P