Will You Continue to Support Micro$oft Next Gen?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Insecticidius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Insecticidius
Member since 2010 • 265 Posts
* After they took short cuts and launched the console with the highest failure rate in history? Well over 60% for launch models and still significantly high. * After their whole console was built from cheap materials, bad disc drives, weak fans, cheap plastics, noisy, lack of features like WiFi and Blu Ray etc... * After they not only CHARGED FOR ONLINE, but instead of LOWERING the price they RAISE the price? * After they FORCE DEVS to charge for DLC ONTOP of Live fee's... Shouldn't DLC be free because of the Live fee's? Not according to M$. * They abandoned the original Xbox early in it's cycle, and now it seems they are abandoning the 360, is one high profile excluisve a year really enough for the whole second half of this generation? Bungie is gone so Halo is gone, if someone else makes Halo it isn't really Halo... Just the name. Will you put up with M$ Next Gen? Will you put up with Online fee's and Xbox Live getting mroe and more expensive? Will you put up with having to pay for EVERYTHING on Live ONTOP of the Live Fee? Will you put up with faulty cheap badly designed hardware that'll peak graphically extremely early in the generation? Will you put up with Lack of exclusives and living off multiplats? Will you put up with overpriced accessories? Note: I'll make one of these for Sony and Nintendo If this thread has any success :]
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

lets hope this thread is a success as i cant wait to see the sony and nintendo version.

Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts

if it means being a windows user then yes :) i like microsoft windows 7.

Insecticidius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Insecticidius

if it means being a windows user then yes :) i like microsoft windows 7.

Nexustras
lol same, I hate they way they handle the 360 but windows 7 pwns OS's everywhere.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Both in the console and PC market, yes. I've had tons of fun with my 360 and Windows 7 is about equal in terms of awesomeness as pie.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I'll support whichever console I like the most.

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

yep.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

i liked the failure rates... ending up getting a 3 year warranty out of the deal.

considering i just grabbed 2 years of xbox live and $20 in MS points for $84 yesterday (ends up being $32 a year for xbox live) it looks like MS is going to keep the trend of heavily discounting xbox live service... so im not too worried.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#9 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Yup. I really like Xbox Live. Only RRoD once, and it only took about two weeks for me to get my console back, with some free xbox live on top of it. And there are plenty of XBLA exclusives coming out. I'm not sure why the don't count. Why does a game have to be high-priced to be good?

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
in terms of Windows yes
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
I never support a company, I just buy the products that I think are worth it, but I will buy their next console if it offers me a gaming experience like it did this gen. I enjoy my Xbox, I love playing on Live! so yes, as long as they don't screw it up, I'll buy the next one too. I plan to buy a Sony console and a Microsoft console next gen, provided they don't do anything too crazy.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I don't know why have you seriously planned who you will support next gen based on now? thats pretty sad if you have. Ill buy which ever product is best at the time.

Insecticidius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Insecticidius

I don't know why have you seriously planned who you will support next gen based on now? thats pretty sad if you have. Ill buy which ever product is best at the time.

SapSacPrime
I agree with this post, I haven't, but there are already a bunch of posters in this thread saying they will, that freaks me out tbh.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't like the direction the company is going in terms of less exclusives, weak 1st Party, Xbox Live increase, and Kinect.
I also suffered from RROD 3 times, and E74 once this generation acquiring my 100,000+ Gamerscore.

That said, I would do research on the new product, and make my decision then.

I also think after GeoW3 comes out next year, we will shortly be hearing about a new Xbox machine.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

yes I will buy a new pc eventually.

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
Im not going to be an early adapter next go around , but I prefer the xbl service over psn and the exclusives so im going to stay with Microsoft .
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50639 Posts

I won't buy it probably for at least a year because of the technical problems 360 had and because the route they are taking now. I want to make sure they will be actually releasing "core" games for a while and a good amount.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts
[QUOTE="SapSacPrime"]

Insecticidius
I agree with this post, I haven't, but there are already a bunch of posters in this thread saying they will, that freaks me out tbh.

Face it, the gen is already ending for Micro$oft. No new IP's except for Kingdoms, loss of Bungie. They even confirmed themselves that they are out of idea's by going to release Kinect as a last ditch effort. Gears delayed purely to sell more, for the $$$$$$$$$, forget the fans that are dying to play that game...go for the cash, who needs fanservice anyway? What are we, Valve? Turn 10 rehashing Forza 3 instead of taking the using the time to develop Forza 4. Rare...Kinect Sports...nuff said. Micro$oft Game $tudios buying up Second-Life developer...how exciting isn't it?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Putting $ in the name of Microsoft in your post or in its title completely invalidates your argument. It shows a person that no matter what Microsoft did would still not be happy, Microsoft could have made the most reliable system this generation and it still wouldn't be good enough because its Microsoft. claims of the windows 7 was awesome do not exempt you from your Anti Microsoft Fanboyism.

But I will look at one of your claims.
Cheap plastic? um...the plastic in the 360 is any cheaper then in the ps3 or Wii? Its components were cheap? um...how is this? the problems with the 360 were design and manufacture not inherent flaws in the components them selves...

the only thing this generation that has made me even remotely question Microsoft is the recent customer support problems I've had, otherwise I only had a single problem with the multiple 360's I've owned and that was e74 which was charged to me 50 bucks to fix which was then refunded a week or so later when that problem went free...oh and then the fact I got my refurb within a week and 2 days..other wise they have worked and worked well, My pro launch system still purrs in my nephews room without a problem. so yes I'll support them next generation just like i'll support every console, I owned a Wii, a ps3, and a 360 at launch I'll likely own all the consoles next generation as well.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZuneHD
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

* After they took short cuts and launched the console with the highest failure rate in history? Well over 60% for launch models and still significantly high. * After their whole console was built from cheap materials, bad disc drives, weak fans, cheap plastics, noisy, lack of features like WiFi and Blu Ray etc... * After they not only CHARGED FOR ONLINE, but instead of LOWERING the price they RAISE the price? * After they FORCE DEVS to charge for DLC ONTOP of Live fee's... Shouldn't DLC be free because of the Live fee's? Not according to M$. * They abandoned the original Xbox early in it's cycle, and now it seems they are abandoning the 360, is one high profile excluisve a year really enough for the whole second half of this generation? Bungie is gone so Halo is gone, if someone else makes Halo it isn't really Halo... Just the name. Will you put up with M$ Next Gen? Will you put up with Online fee's and Xbox Live getting mroe and more expensive? Will you put up with having to pay for EVERYTHING on Live ONTOP of the Live Fee? Will you put up with faulty cheap badly designed hardware that'll peak graphically extremely early in the generation? Will you put up with Lack of exclusives and living off multiplats? Will you put up with overpriced accessories? Note: I'll make one of these for Sony and Nintendo If this thread has any success :]Insecticidius

someones upset MS business tactics put Sony in last place :)

in all honesty the 360 is a fantastic machine with the best online, many multiplats that ps3 doesnt have access to, and games that are replayed for years after they are released.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="Insecticidius"][QUOTE="SapSacPrime"]

Locutus_Picard

Face it, the gen is already ending for Micro$oft. No new IP's except for Kingdoms, loss of Bungie. They even confirmed themselves that they are out of idea's by going to release Kinect as a last ditch effort. Gears delayed purely to sell more, for the $$$$$$$$$, forget the fans that are dying to play that game...go for the cash, who needs fanservice anyway? What are we, Valve? Turn 10 rehashing Forza 3 instead of taking the using the time to develop Forza 4. Rare...Kinect Sports...nuff said. Micro$oft Game $tudios buying up Second-Life developer...how exciting isn't it?

Sony isn't releasing a single bit of motion tech that so far hasn't a single bit of appeal to hard cores, Remember no Ps3 game has ever...EVER been delayed for purely monetary purposes or released at a time when it wouldn't conflict with other releases. remember in the time it took to release GT5 turn 10 released 2 Forza games.

Remember folks Sony truly always had 10 year cycles they don't even think of the next system, design it, or hell release it before 10 years is up on their last system.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZuneHD

everyone here seems to forget that the origional xbox was better then ps2 in every way hardware wise.

online, 4 controller ports, standard Hardrive, more RELIABLE, better graphics potential

seriosuly...........yes guys, do your research. MS had better hardware then Sony not too long ago

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Yes i will continue my support for Microsoft next gen but i will not be buying a 360 at launch. first i have to make sure that they don't repeat their hardware failure like this gen and then i'll get my next xbox consle:).
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WilliamRLBaker

everyone here seems to forget that the origional xbox was better then ps2 in every way hardware wise.

online, 4 controller ports, standard Hardrive, more RELIABLE, better graphics potential

seriosuly...........yes guys, do your research. MS had better hardware then Sony not too long ago

ZuneHD
that doesn't really matter that was last gen, We need to keep this completely centered around this generation.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

* After they took short cuts and launched the console with the highest failure rate in history? Well over 60% for launch models and still significantly high. * After their whole console was built from cheap materials, bad disc drives, weak fans, cheap plastics, noisy, lack of features like WiFi and Blu Ray etc... * After they not only CHARGED FOR ONLINE, but instead of LOWERING the price they RAISE the price? * After they FORCE DEVS to charge for DLC ONTOP of Live fee's... Shouldn't DLC be free because of the Live fee's? Not according to M$. * They abandoned the original Xbox early in it's cycle, and now it seems they are abandoning the 360, is one high profile excluisve a year really enough for the whole second half of this generation? Bungie is gone so Halo is gone, if someone else makes Halo it isn't really Halo... Just the name. Will you put up with M$ Next Gen? Will you put up with Online fee's and Xbox Live getting mroe and more expensive? Will you put up with having to pay for EVERYTHING on Live ONTOP of the Live Fee? Will you put up with faulty cheap badly designed hardware that'll peak graphically extremely early in the generation? Will you put up with Lack of exclusives and living off multiplats? Will you put up with overpriced accessories? Note: I'll make one of these for Sony and Nintendo If this thread has any success :]Insecticidius

Nope, I think NBA Michael Jordan will actually be the last 360 game I buy--and I may even pick up the ps3 version at that. The funny thing, is that the original xbox is what swayed me away from Nintendo/Sony, and into the 360. What a turn around, though. The 360 is turning into such a pile of garbage it isn't even funny. It's like the people that are supporting MS, and have been for quite some time, are yelling at them letting them know they are taking the wrong direction with the 360. It's quite sad that MS thinks they can break into the wii market--a market that is essentially FULL to the bring, and not to mention it is already old news.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

WilliamRLBaker

that doesn't really matter that was last gen, We need to keep this completely centered around this generation.

EXACTLY............meaning that next gen if MS releases a good product that people will pretty much leave the past 360 issues they had behind them.

Still funny how even though everyone knows this the 360 still continues to outsell the ps3.......better to risk RROD then buy a PS3 :P

Thanks for proving my point.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

So now the failure rate is well over 60% :lol:

I'm waiting for the 100% failure rate claim by PS3 Fanboys soon....every Xbox 360 ever made has failed....:roll:

Back to the original topic. Yes I will support MS next generation, as long as they put out a good console with fun games. I've really enjoyed my 360. More so than the other two consoles I've bought this generation.

Yeah somehow I doubt you will make a similar thread for Sony calling out it's flaws, but I guess time will tell. I'll be waiting.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
In terms of Playstation vs Xbox 360 I suppose I would get the next Microsoft console. Considering the ****storm that MS went through after the release of the 360 and the hardware failure rate I wouldn't be surprised if they built a beast of a machine and personally I've had my Xbox since Xmas 2006 and it's been working fine ever since. I prefer the games on the 360 right now however I think that the PS3 is slowly getting some games that attract me, I wouldn't mind playing Killzone and I never got to play the original Shadow of the Colossus so the remake is quite tempting. However, as it stands I prefer the 360s library of games to the PS3's. I feel the controller is much more comfortable to use compared to the PS3 controller and if you can judge from PS2 to PS3 using essentially the same controller than there isn't much reason to say that they won't use the same controller next gen. I feel Xbox Live is worth the money and it is better than PSN. However, as long as whatever console has the better games all other features are completely meaningless.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

They even confirmed themselves that they are out of idea's by going to release Kinect as a last ditch effort.Locutus_Picard

I don't think they've said this tbh.

On topic, I will likely sit on the next gen for a while and allow some quality games to come out before jumping in, maybe wait for the first price drop. I'd be good to get an idea of hardware reliability before buying as well. This gen MS system was poo hardware wise, last gen it was Sony. TBH, I've never had a system break on me though, despite having owned a couple of ps2s and an older model 360.

Fanboyism is fun during a gen I guess, because it's fun to make arguments for no reason about things that don't really matter, but to base ones purchasing decisions of such nonsense is 'tarded.

I'm very curious to see the direction the big three take next gen, all bets are off it seems.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
If they have good games on their system why not, there are a lot of factors though, failure rate, what's the price of Live going to be, will they have a respectable First party by then etc.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i'm worried about the games i get to play not what some avgns opinion of a company is.

what that means is if ms has the games next time around yes i will buy the system, if not i won't.

lulz at listening to some guys opinion that has no real grasp on the reality of the situation.

i can't even imagine what a horrible gen this would have been without ms. we would be getting all excited about lair 3 and haze 2 right about now.

ms being in the race made sony deliver cuz god knows they were not even making any attempt at pushing themselves for the 1st 2.5 years.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
i will buy the console i most want, could even be a playstation next gen if they upgrade the controller and throw in a few more hardcore FPS IP's like killzone 2, i will just have to see next gen.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

would you buy a new sony console for 600$?

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

No, I will only support $ony :lol:

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

As long as exclusives that I want are on their next system, I will gladly buy it. Same goes for Sony and Nintendo. In which case, I will be a multiple console owner as usual.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17864 Posts
well on the windows front most likely unless there is a shift from the development community over to linux. thats very unlikely though due to their dependance on DX. however i will be using 7 for as long as possible..only updating to the latest version once 7 support is gone. on the console front...i dont think i will buy MSs next console anywhere close to launch. my current 360 RRODd once but its workign again. however i have 0 confidence in its reliability now so no more purchases for my 360. however i do think i will eventually buy MSs next console....maybe towards the end of its life. unless its an unreliable train wreck....but i think MS have learned an important lesson this gen...you cant patch hardware.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I doubt that I will get any console at launch next gen. Like how I did with the 360 this gen. But...if they have a good console with great games...sure, why not?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Depends on what they have to offer. Unlike many people, I'm not basing my decision on blind brand loyalty. I buy what I like.

Avatar image for LucidJubilation
LucidJubilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LucidJubilation
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

[QUOTE="SapSacPrime"]

Insecticidius

i think what's bothering you the most is that most everyone has said yes so far. i don't know if there is a bias but if there is, you need to let it go. the 360 is a great worthwhbile console, as well as the ps3. i'll support it in the future and you should try it out for yourself now instead of being stuck in this system wars nonsense. the 360 and ps3 have been great this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
My experience with the 360 has definitely made me apprehensive of the idea.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
the same way ill continue to support $ony...
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I'll go where the games are and I don't mind paying for Live.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I don't support them this gen and I don't plan on supporting them next or ever for that matter.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
If they keep offering free repairs on their systems than I could care less.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Well considering it was the most fun I have had on any console I would say yes.

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

Supporting MS = putting up with faulty hardware and getting charged for everything. Uh no thank you!

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

Die hard xbox fans will and no one else.

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

yep

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

i don't know,i like how people defend microsoft :lol:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

As long as they bring in the games, yes.