Will Titanfall 2 be the flop of the Year?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

My impressions 6/10 after trying the Beta.

Its similar to Call of Duty Advanced warfare and for me thats a boring game.

Played some matches and i rarely saw Titans having one on one fights? Thats not Titanfall? And oh man the servers are awful . Respawn and EA must be panicking right now?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#2 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Already gone to No Man's Sky.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Nothing will flop as hard as No Man's Sky this year. That said, based on the Pre-Alpha of Titanfall 2, it is looking to be better than the original Titanfall, including a full campaign as well. It should score better than the original, making it a AAAE.

Servers were awesome, and the one on one titan fights are great in the pre-alpha. 9/10 so far.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 loe12k

@svaubel said:

Titanfall 2 is a bigger game an AAA it will be the biggest flop of the year if releases like this? Granted it still only a beta and not out yet, but the game needs to be delayed, or changed a lot for it to be a success i believe.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#5 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

It played pretty well. I think the big problem is that people are writing it off since it doesn't have the exact feel the original Titanfall had. TF2 is noticeably slower. If you managed to play past the first day, titan drops were plenty and the two titans were very unique. Gun variety is still awful but its also alpha. The complaint about the servers is odd considering it was an open technical test aka stress test on servers. This is the perfect time for servers to be "awful" instead of during the actual launch in October.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20279 Posts

There's really not that much hype for it. I'd say there were bigger flops this year like NMS and QB.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

It definitely won't be a flop of the year but releasing it in the time window of Battlefield 1 and Cod and Gears about a month earlier is sending the game out to die. It should be an August or September release or at the very least a early next year, not a holiday release.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 loe12k

@kvally said:

Nothing will flop as hard as No Man's Sky this year. That said, based on the Pre-Alpha of Titanfall 2, it is looking to be better than the original Titanfall, including a full campaign as well. It should score better than the original, making it a AAAE.

Servers were awesome, and the one on one titan fights are great in the pre-alpha. 9/10 so far.

You think this is better then Titanfall 1? Man i must be paying a different game. I had 15 ping from a server and the lag was unbearable Characters were stuttering on the screen?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

@svaubel said:

Second post and thread right there. lol :P

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

If you are already feeling its failures from beta, then it has NOTHING against the fiasco pulled by NMS and the blind people who supported it and deservedly got shafted big time.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I could be up there. The community response to the technical test has been overwhelmingly negative. They basically changed everything that made the first game special

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

titanfall 2 looked worse than call of duty never played such a bland generic game bout to uninstall the beta or whatever it was

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

The first one was good but felt like a demo. I hope this has a little more content to justify paying for it.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

No Man's Sky

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loe12k

@mems_1224 said:

I could be up there. The community response to the technical test has been overwhelmingly negative. They basically changed everything that made the first game special

Titans take way too long to appear. If you like Cod you probably like this game. I liked Titanfall 1 because the mech battles were awesome, this game does not have that enough.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

@CRUSHER88 said:

It played pretty well. I think the big problem is that people are writing it off since it doesn't have the exact feel the original Titanfall had. TF2 is noticeably slower. If you managed to play past the first day, titan drops were plenty and the two titans were very unique. Gun variety is still awful but its also alpha. The complaint about the servers is oddconsidering it was an open technical test aka stress test on servers. This is the perfect time for servers to be "awful" instead of during the actual launch in October.

Well some people just don't understand things :)

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@loe12k said:

Played some matches and i rarely saw Titans having one on one fights? Thats not Titanfall? And oh man the servers are awful . Respawn and EA must be panicking right now?

1 - You do know that COD AW kinda copied the 1st Titanfall, right?

2 - You do know you were playing a "beta," right?

3 - You didn't see enough 1 on 1 Titan fights, and that's the games fault?

4 - You do know the point of the "beta" was to stress the servers, right? Better now than launch.

5 - Why would Respawn and EA be panicking?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

No Man's sky has that title all wrapped up.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 loe12k

The Server complaint is a real issue people forget Titanfall 1 ran smooth as butter on xbox one. Why would it suddenly be shit when they're using unique servers for xbox? Azure is just better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@mems_1224 said:

When was the last time the community response was positive?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@loe12k said:

4 - You do know the point of the "beta" was to stress the servers, right? Better now than launch.

BECAUSE the maps look worse than call of duty ones!

THey have less details all over the maps, the gameplay didn't have a rugged feel to it that call of duty has, i felt like im floating around.

I would be worried because they are going up against call of duty and the destiny expansion and battlefield 1 and the game didn't feel great or look great compared to the competition.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@loe12k said:

The Server complaint is a real issue people forget Titanfall 1 ran smooth as butter on xbox one. Why would it suddenly be shit when they're using unique servers for xbox? Azure is just better.

It's the alpha over a three day period. Its the perfect opportunity to stress test the servers and they did. The networks hardly worked on day one and the game was a bit of a mess. By day three, things were running smoothly. Hopefully the second test this weekend uses the previous tests results and improves on them.

@ProtossRushX I think the Titanfall maps are a little bigger and have a bit more going on than COD. However, I admit that the two maps in the alpha were not very enjoyable. Hopefully the other maps are better.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 loe12k

@GoldenElementXL said:
@loe12k said:

1 so what?

2 They're are launching the game in just two months time!

3 The game is Titanfall not Call of Duty. Titanfall 1 is a superior game.

4 Titanfall 1 ran smooth as butter on xbox one.

5 Its not as good as TF1 and the response to the beta ( negative)

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kvally

@ProtossRushX said:

I would be worried because they are going up against call of duty and the destiny expansion and battlefield 1 and the game didn't feel great or look great compared to the competition.

And yet in this PRE_ALPHA, many feel the game DOES feel great and look great and is JUST like Titanfall 1 but with many improvements and changes for the better. On average, people are still getting 2 mechs per game, but they are earning them (as they should) instead of them appearing randomly based on time. The use of the grappling hook makes the game feel even faster paced. The wall running, the jumping, the jetpacks, the sliding all feel familiar to TF1. It's a continuation of the first with improvements, as well as a campaign. Even Respawn posted they got a ton of great feedback from this PRE-ALPHA and are making improvement from it and changes based on user feedback as well as things behind the scenes that gamer didn't even notice last weekend.

If we thought TF1 was awesome, this is going to be even better.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56534 Posts

The problem is, October is jam pack with lots of heavyweight games like Gears of War 4, The Last Guardian, Battlefield 1, and Infinite Warfare are gonna hurt Titanfall 2 sales and Titanfall 2 should've been out somewhere in September, not October.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loe12k

@kvally said:
@ProtossRushX said:

And yet in this PRE_ALPHA, many feel the game DOES feel great and look great and is JUST like Titanfall 1 but with many improvements and changes for the better. On average, people are still getting 2 mechs per game, but they are earning them (as they should) instead of them appearing randomly based on time. The use of the grappling hook makes the game feel even faster paced. The wall running, the jumping, the jetpacks, the sliding all feel familiar to TF1. It's a continuation of the first with improvements, as well as a campaign. Even Respawn posted they got a ton of great feedback from this PRE-ALPHA and are making improvement from it and changes based on user feedback as well as things behind the scenes that gamer didn't even notice last weekend.

I think its a step backwards, but if you feel that way good for you. I decided to skip this game Battlefield 1 and Gears 4 are my only shooters this year.

BF1 beta next week just hope that game is good.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kvally

@loe12k said:
@kvally said:
@ProtossRushX said:

I think its a step backwards, but if you feel that way good for you. I decided to skip this game Battlefield 1 and Gears 4 are my only shooters this year.

BF1 beta next week just hope that game is good.

For shooters this holiday, I am getting Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, all on day one.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1940 Posts

I think the gaming community at large has already voted No Man's Sky as the flop of the year.

I still think it's way too early to judge Titanfall 2. People are complaining about some things like it's the actual final release. For example, servers of all things. We had a "technical test" or if you want to be cynical, a beta. Either way, I think one of the things they were looking to improve and be ready for launch day were the servers. In addition to this, I'm sure there will be gameplay tweaks implemented prior to launch based on the feedback.

Also, I take the server complaint from your average gamer with a grain of salt. I put in about a solid 24 hours in TF2 test and I didn't have any such stuttering or extreme lag as some of you have noticed. I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm sure they'll address it before launch either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#29 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I feel like no matter what comes next, No Man Sky's will have the trophy of the flop ... people had over-the-top expectation for this game.

I waited for the review and I enjoy it, people who really find it boring are people that just won't like playing RPG, you know games where you need to grind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-583e460ca986b
@loe12k said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

1 so what?

2 They're are launching the game in just two months time!

3 The game is Titanfall not Call of Duty. Titanfall 1 is a superior game.

4 Titanfall 1 ran smooth as butter on xbox one.

5 Its not as good as TF1 and the response to the beta ( negative)

Titanfall 1 ran smooth as butter on Xbox One?

I have over 5 days of playtime on Xbox One. That game is not smooth... Good one!

Why don't we compare 2 complete games before crowning one better than the other? I know internet hyperbole is fun, but lets go into this one with an open mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@ProtossRushX said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

BECAUSE the maps look worse than call of duty ones!

THey have less details all over the maps, the gameplay didn't have a rugged feel to it that call of duty has, i felt like im floating around.

So EA should be worried because YOU think the maps look worse than COD maps and YOU feel like you're floating around? You, like most of the community, must think pretty highly of yourself. I think Respawn and EA are doing just fine...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kvally

I have to agree with loe12k on one thing and that is that it does run smooth as butter on the Xbox One (Titanfall 1). My experience with Titanfall 2 on the Xbox One is that it runs smooth as butter as well.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@mems_1224 said:

When was the last time the community response was positive?

Depends on the types of criticisms. For games like Overwatch and Rainbow Six the community is generally happy with those games and mostly complain about balance changes. The Titanfall reddit is filled with nothing but people being disappointed that the game has serious flaws on a fundamental level. Like how this time Respawn has focused on making every map more open and made up of 3 lanes to funnel the action like COD games. Like how Attrition has been replaced by the horrible bounty mode and that seems to be the only mode with bots which are neutral. It feels like a game designed for people who didn't like the first game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kvally said:

I have to agree with loe12k on one thing and that is that it does run smooth as butter on the Xbox One (Titanfall 1). My experience with Titanfall 2 on the Xbox One is that it runs smooth as butter as well.

Are we talking framerate or network performance?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kvally

@GoldenElementXL said:
@kvally said:

Are we talking framerate or network performance?

Network performance.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Everyone will agree that No Man's Sky easily takes that award.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#37 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@loe12k: I liked the first. It's action is a bit too fast paced and i grow tired very quickly, but i had a lot of fun. I'm still looking forward to 2, but not at full price.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

First titanfall ran great on the xbone, you tripping golden.

Also, no mans flop is flop of the year, nice try cows

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 loe12k
Loading Video...

This video will show you exactly what i was experiencing on Saturday. Just watch the movements and characters on screen. Lag is worse when you playing.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kvally

Looks like your Xbox or your network has issues. Mine was like silk.

@loe12k said:
Loading Video...

This video will show you exactly what i was experiencing on Saturday. Just watch the movements and characters on screen. Lag is worse when you playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kvally said:

@loe12k said:

Which is exactly why this "beta" is being run. This will make the actual launch performance better! You can't compare this "beta" (I keep quoting it because, lets be real, it's not an actual beta. It's a stress test) to a finished product. That being said, I didn't experience anything like that video. That is pretty bad!

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 loe12k

@kvally said:

@loe12k said:
Loading Video...

Doubt that i have 9 ping thats very low latency. And i was getting 15 ping to the nearest server to me.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 loe12k

@GoldenElementXL said:
@kvally said:

@loe12k said:

Which is exactly why this "beta" is being run. This will make the actual launch performance better! You can't compare this "beta" (I keep quoting it because, lets be real, it's not an actual beta. It's a stress test) to a finished product. That being said, I didn't experience anything like that video. That is pretty bad!

You find plenty of videos like this one on Youtube i just picked one to highlight the issues i had.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

The game still looks like a call of duty mod

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46673 Posts

Who wanted Titanfall to play more like COD ? EA ?

I'm not buying it at launch for sure, maybe down the line, but as of right now it doesn't look good.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts

Lets hope so, we need less COD and not more.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#47 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No Man's Sky won't be topped anytime soon.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Um unless I missed something this "stress test" had 2 game types that I could play. One being 8v8 pilots only with no Titans, and the other being some type of horde mode I had zero interest in and didn't play. So where exactly did you expect to see 1v1 Titan battles while playing?

The game played decent, few complaints like it is slower than Titanfall 1, the grapple pilots grappling hook felt like it was too slow as well I wanted it to really pull you in quickly to things but that is my personal opinon. I was surprised there were so many people sniping in the 8v8 pilot game mode. Over all the game is def worth keeping an eye on and seeing what the full release has to offer.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Naw it'll get an 8.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Quantum Break is the biggest flop this year. Titanfall 2 can't flop because it literally has no hype.