Will Sony admit DEFEAT and be humble after this gen. The WAR is OVER!!!

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HonkyTonkGamer
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

We all know at this rate the PS3 will never catch up and will remain in 3rd place and loose this gen war badly. the 360 bounced around between 6-8 million systems sold more then PS3 depending on what site and how accurate it is. Lets just say it around a 7 million system lead for 360 over PS3. And Sony is lucky to take 2-3 months out of the entire year or years to tie or slighty sell more then 360 in that given month.

Lets just face the facts here Sony will never catch up PERIOD!!!!!!

Does anyone think Sony will be graceful and applaud MS on there efforts and take there ass whooping like men and shake MS hands? Or do you think Sony will be bitter and never admit defeat and stay in denial?:shock:

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

the latter for sure...in Sony's head they are in first place

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26113 Posts
Sony made a good comeback after failing so hard. Give them some credit.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

As long as their game division stays profitable, there is no reason to "admit defeat."

This isn't a political campaign, this is a business. You don't just say "we were wrong saying we are the best. We're sorry."

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
So as long as sony keeps producing games why does it matter to anyone if the console is 7 million units behind sales
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

IMO, the console industry has the least amount of brand loyalty from generation to generation. If you have a good idea or games and implement them well the gamers will come.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

The WAR is "ever"? You mean "over"?

It's not much of an admission of defeat if the war will continue "ever".

edit: w/e, corrected already.

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HonkyTonkGamer

Sony made a good comeback after failing so hard. Give them some credit.Willy105

Yeah they got up off the matt after being pumbled for a bit. But they will cross the finish line still badly damaged after this gen.

iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iKINGBOBi
Member since 2009 • 1083 Posts

chikenfriedrice

In terms of making quality games, they are in first place. Also, a 5 million gap isn't much for PS3 to come back from at all, considering the slim closed the gap by like 3 mil at the end of last year alone.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Why would they? They just got even.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Its not over YET, but I realistically can't see the PS3 catching up to the 360 any time soon. They'll probably close the gap but I don't think will overtake the 360.
HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HonkyTonkGamer

The WAR is "ever"? You mean "over"?

It's not much of an admission of defeat if the war will continue "ever".

edit: w/e, corrected already.

N30F3N1X

Yeah lol I changed it.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dreman999
[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]

In terms of making quality games, they are in first place. Also, a 5 million gap isn't much for PS3 to come back from at all, considering the slim closed the gap by like 3 mil at the end of last year alone.

I would not say that. They just got a good year. Saying they have the best quality games is an embellishment.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iKINGBOBi

What reason is there to give MS credit? They wouldn't be where they are right now if Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot charging $600for PS3 at launch:| All MS did was advertise multiplats as exclusives

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

I hope SONY destroy MS to be honest :)

I don't like the way MS go about selling their console, id prefer if they invested money on securing new and original IP's

I do however like how they have made Online gaming an integral part of their OS, far better then the weak PSN implementation

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

Didn't you know most companies love going from selling 130+ million consoles to being several million behind in last place? Most companies love losing market share while its only 2 competitors gain in market share.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

iKINGBOBi

"In terms of making quality games, they are in first place." umm just no... they are close but the 360 is still better.

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HonkyTonkGamer

iKINGBOBi

It's not 5 million it is about 38.09million for 360 and 31.85million for PS3 close to 6 1/2 million differance some site have it at an even bigger lead some about the same.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

We all know at this rate the PS3 will never catch up and will remain in 3rd place and loose this gen war badly. the 360 bounced around between 6-8 million systems sold more then PS3 depending on what site and how accurate it is. Lets just say it around a 7 million system lead for 360 over PS3. And Sony is lucky to take 2-3 months out of the entire year or years to tie or slighty sell more then 360 in that given month.

Does anyone think Sony will be graceful and applaud MS on there efforts and take there ass whooping like men and shake MS hands? Or do you think Sony will be bitter and never admit defeat and stay in denial?:shock:

HonkyTonkGamer
Since when do the biggest companies i our medium admit defeat and be humble about it? :P
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Snooze-

What reason is thereto give MS credit? They wouldn't be where they are right now if Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot charging $600 got PS3 at launch:| All MS did was advertise multiplats as exclusives

iKINGBOBi

They do not advertise Multiplats as exclusive, they simply pay for the advertisements, so obviously they're nto going to say it's also on the PS3.

Sony do this too ... They did it with Assassins Creed 2 for instance.

MS should be given a lot of credit this gen. Bringing more western games to console is an achievement of it's own

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SilentlyMad

iKINGBOBi

First place in quality games? Why by going with the average of reviewers does the 360 have more AAA, AA, and more games in general. Here is a thread I made about Metacritics scores.

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HonkyTonkGamer

I don't like the way MS go about selling their console, id prefer if they invested money on securing new and original IP's

I do however like how they have made Online gaming an integral part of their OS, far better then the weak PSN implementation

-Snooze-

I've been saying this for years how smart MS is with Xbox Live and the Live service build your gamers and loyal fans through a network. And even a payed one is at 23 million strong subscribers. These are LOYAL Xbox fans and you know 99.9% will be jumping to next gen 720 and transfering there acounts over. And it will be 30million+ by then. It is the smartest thing to do and I've been saying it for years build your brand loyality through your community netwrok. And MS has done this brilliantly.

iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

HonkyTonkGamer

It's not 5 million it is about 38.09million for 360 and 31.85million for PS3 close to 6 1/2 million differance some site have it at an even bigger lead some about the same.

PS3 is at about 34 mill now considering their report was at 33.5 mil, remember? The lead is closing. Just how long do you think MS will sustain this "lead" when they are getting matched in sales in their strongest region, they're getting outsold in europe, and they sell just about no consoles in japan.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dreman999

What reason is thereto give MS credit? They wouldn't be where they are right now if Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot charging $600 got PS3 at launch:| All MS did was advertise multiplats as exclusives

iKINGBOBi
One...They did do that. Two....Everything they did from 2005. Three...Online play on their system from launch. Four.....Everything Sony has done this gen outside LBP mIcrosoft did first. And No I not a Microsoft fan boy. It just that I'm not ready to discount them because of a slow 6 months and that I'm not ready to forget sony's slow 2 years. I believe that the systems are even now which is good but I will not label one as the greatest system ever. Their many things I hate about Microsoft, like how they nickel and dime for many thing but I will not discount what they offer because of it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Sony made a lot of mistakes at the beginning of this gen, and hasn't suffered greatly for them. They deserve credit for sticking in the race. They made a great product.

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HonkyTonkGamer

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

-Snooze-

They do not advertise Multiplats as exclusive, they simply pay for the advertisements, so obviously they're nto going to say it's also on the PS3.

Sony do this too ... They did it with Assassins Creed 2 for instance.

MS should be given a lot of credit this gen. Bringing more western games to console is an achievement of it's own

Also with MS trying to reach out to the Japan market. Even though it has not been that great at least they have and are trying.

Another thing MS has done recently and this is just another genius marketing move by them. They have a new Inbox show on Live now and it is hosted and broad casted from Europe. This is more great marketing MS has gained a strong presence in Europe.

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts

After Dominating the industry for two generations to fall to 3rd place like they have is just shameful. Especially after the stumble Microsoft had with hardware failures they are still behind. i think its truly over for Sony now.

iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

SilentlyMad

First place in quality games? Why by going with the average of reviewers does the 360 have more AAA, AA, and more games in general. Here is a thread I made about Metacritics scores.

most of those are multiplat and some are downloadable games, not to mention a lot are from like 2006.........but yeah nice ammo there.....

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
Its not over YET, but I realistically can't see the PS3 catching up to the 360 any time soon. They'll probably close the gap but I don't think will overtake the 360.xTheExploited
Well I can see the PS3 lasting another 5 years or more before Sony anounces their next generation console. I can't see the 360 lasting as long so who knows, I don't think Microsoft will put out until Sony does. After all to stay competitive Microsoft will have to learn from Sony in that regard. I can see the PS3 ahead in Global sales by 2-3 millions units in about 3 years, if Microsoft can't innovate with their console. Microsoft's future is more CoD, Halo, Gears and Valve productions, and perhaps Bioware. Whereas PS3 feels like it hasn't even done a lap around the course yet, and so much developmantal push by supportive devs like Insomniac, ND, Sony First Party like PD, SMS, and a whole lot more across the globe from Europe to Asia. I don't see the PS3 calling it quits it's innovating so much.
felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

TC's whole argument is a failure. Sales don't equal quality. Sony is still making profit, and they'll only have to admit defeat if they go bankrupt, which will NEVER happen because in Japan alone they are making enough money to be considered very lucrative.

They just have to continue to release great games, and sales will follow. So yeah, the war will rage on.

yanbuco2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yanbuco2712
Member since 2006 • 456 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

HonkyTonkGamer

I've been saying this for years

How could you be saying this for years when you made this account in 2010?

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheSterls
Member since 2009 • 3117 Posts

HonkyTonkGamer

Sony outsells the 360 in Japan and Europe month after month so in all reality they will probably pass them by the end of next year.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Selling less units than the PS3 every week must be a part of Microsoft's "ass whooping" strategy as well.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

iKINGBOBi

that's subjective

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HonkyTonkGamer

Sony made a lot of mistakes at the beginning of this gen, and hasn't suffered greatly for them. They deserve credit for sticking in the race. They made a great product.

jimkabrhel

What Sony did was like a former great boxer does. They are champ. And get full of themselves. Then they get lazy and train less and think they are still great then go into there next fight and get the **** beat out of them. This is basicly what Sony did coming into this gen.

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

i woulda bought a ps3 if not for the ridiculuss price at launch when you could buy the xbox that had more games for about a 3rd of the price

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="HonkyTonkGamer"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

yanbuco2712

Often, people can talk whilst NOT on gamespot. A social life ... Odd eh?

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

HonkyTonkGamer

is sony losing in sales? yes, is sony loosing in games? no. is sony a much better company this gen and doesnt milk like ms does? yes....so whos the winner buddy...even if ps3 is still third that doesnt mean anything. a console can be successful in many other ways than sales...wii has sales and no games that interest me...so thats that,,,ps3 is the winner of this gen. it won 2008 and 2009 with its games, dont see why 2010 would be any different...compare the line up and see who the winner is....

iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

SilentlyMad

I find it funny how Braid is counted for 360 but not PS3, also Geometry Wars? Portal: Still Alive? isn't that an expansion? Not to mention they have GTA lost and the damned on there which is coming to PS3 so, yeah.......

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SilentlyMad

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

HonkyTonkGamer

What Sony did was like a former great boxer does. They are champ. And get full of themselves. Then they get lazy and train less and think they are still great then go into there next fight and get the **** beat out of them. This is basicly what Sony did coming into this gen.

Really that is it. Sony came in thinking they were untouchable and could do whatever they wanted to do. Their arrogance really really really hurt them.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"]Its not over YET, but I realistically can't see the PS3 catching up to the 360 any time soon. They'll probably close the gap but I don't think will overtake the 360.CleanNJerk
Well I can see the PS3 lasting another 5 years or more before Sony anounces their next generation console. I can't see the 360 lasting as long so who knows, I don't think Microsoft will put out until Sony does. After all to stay competitive Microsoft will have to learn from Sony in that regard. I can see the PS3 ahead in Global sales by 2-3 millions units in about 3 years, if Microsoft can't innovate with their console. Microsoft's future is more CoD, Halo, Gears and Valve productions, and perhaps Bioware. Whereas PS3 feels like it hasn't even done a lap around the course yet, and so much developmantal push by supportive devs like Insomniac, ND, Sony First Party like PD, SMS, and a whole lot more across the globe from Europe to Asia. I don't see the PS3 calling it quits it's innovating so much.

I agree with this statement, however as someone already pointed out SONY needs to amplify its online service to create a greater feel of community.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Snooze-

Selling less units than the PS3 every week must be a part of Microsoft's "ass whooping" strategy as well.

SakusEnvoy

Sellings TONS of software, at earning tons fo hardware profits sounds like a good movie ...

Not to mention the millions of people paying for Xbox Live.

I guess Sony losingbillions is a better plan? Not to mention marketshare

HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HonkyTonkGamer

SakusEnvoy

Please show links or it is not happening every week:?

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SilentlyMad

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"]

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

iKINGBOBi

I find it funny how Braid is counted for 360 but not PS3, also Geometry Wars? Portal: Still Alive? isn't that an expansion? Not to mention they have GTAlost and the damned on there which is coming to PS3 so, yeah.......

look at number 11 for PS3 and it is braid. I am not even going to go on further because it is clear you did not even look really.
HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HonkyTonkGamer

Sony best game Uncharted 2 has sold 3 million. Halo Reach will sell this by 12:15AM on midnight launch release.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
Why do we keep feeding the trolls? Let's end the cycle and talk about something else. Any hockey fans out there watching the Olympics? Pretty exciting stuff. :P
yanbuco2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yanbuco2712
Member since 2006 • 456 Posts

We all know at this rate the 360 will never catch up and will remain in 2rd place and loose this gen war . the wiii bounced around between 6-8 million systems sold more then 360 depending on what site and how accurate it is. Lets just say it around a 7 million system lead for Wii over 360.

Lets just face the facts here M$ will never catch up PERIOD!!!!!!

Does anyone think Microsoft will be graceful and applaud Ninty on there efforts and take there ass whooping like men and shake Nintendo's hands? Or do you think MS will be bitter and never admit defeat and stay in denial?

BlackhawkBix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 BlackhawkBix
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts

I wouldn't say the war is over just yet. I this this gen will still have quite a few more years in it. I don't believe the X360 or PS3 have fully tapped all their potential. Also PS3 recently released a 120 and 250 GB PS3, and their talking about 500/600 GB machines.

With that said, however, I still don't see PS3 catching up. They are definitely behind. Let's give credit where credit is due though. Like it or not, the Wii is by far this generation's winner.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50636 Posts

[QUOTE="yanbuco2712"]

[QUOTE="HonkyTonkGamer"]

-Snooze-

Often, people can talk whilst NOT on gamespot. A social life ... Odd eh?

Not him, he's been here a number of times.
HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HonkyTonkGamer

We all know at this rate the 360 will never catch up and will remain in 2rd place and loose this gen war . the wiii bounced around between 6-8 million systems sold more then 360 depending on what site and how accurate it is. Lets just say it around a 7 million system lead for Wii over 360.

Lets just face the facts here M$ will never catch up PERIOD!!!!!!

Does anyone think Microsoft will be graceful and applaud Ninty on there efforts and take there ass whooping like men and shake Nintendo's hands? Or do you think MS will be bitter and never admit defeat and stay in denial?

yanbuco2712

MS new that Nintendo was a different beast in fact MS even promoted Wii years ago. And graced them as a great system to have with your 360. The war was and has always been between Sony and MS an MS has kicked the snot out of Sony. Even if Sony comes back and sell more a few years after MS launches there new system it will not matter Sony lost the biggest market share ever in gaming history.