Will I regret the PS3 like I regret the Wii?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstc_Q
Member since 2007 • 1901 Posts

I regret every penny spent on the Wii.

Will I regret the PS3? (I'm also a big MGS fan)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts
if you have an HDTV and like Movies and MGS then no you won't regret it
lightlink7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lightlink7
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts

mstc_Q

Same here I'm regretting the wii but if you are a big MGS fan then you will love MGS4. Brilliant game and has many nostalgic touches. Also I like the ps3 library (even if the exclusives are currently small) and the upcoming games look brilliant. Seriously you will not regret your ps3, but I currently regret my wii its just sitting on my shelf.

Furbyballistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Furbyballistik
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
well the ps3 is an actual next gen system, so your chances of regretting it should be minimal to none. also if u love mgs4 then you'll just set yourself to a really nice treat by getting a ps3.
CMPunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CMPunk13
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts

^^ So the Wii isn't next gen because it doesn't have pretty graphics and a $400 dollar movie player? Never mind the fun game play and originality the Wii brings to the table.

Anyways, yeah, you most likely will regret buying a PS3. Sure, you've got MGS4 but...well that's about it. Hope you enjoy those movies...

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

mstc_Q

Not if you don't have an XBOX 360.

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts
depends on why you regret the wii
Tony-Harrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tony-Harrison
Member since 2008 • 1884 Posts

I like the Wii but I'm not massively into it's first party games.

Metroid Prime 3 is good.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mstc_Q

depends on why you regret the wiiineedmoney555

Because Nintendo Games are only good the first time you play them?

Because they haven't changed since the N64 era?

And because the Wii pretty much only has first part Nintendo games to speak of (anything else is a port.)

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

NOO !! you wont... it has everything you want it to have :D

and the wii.....well its the wii...wich games are interesting on it ? besides Zelda...smash....hum..metroid ?

Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
I don't regret buying the Wii, otherwise I'd still be going crazy over what it'd be like to play such a cool machine. But now, even after SMG, SSBB, and Zelda, I'm not that into it. I got a 360 two months after buying the Wii, and now the 360 is all I play, because I like action games more, like Halo 3, COD4, Mass Effect, etc. The PS3 and 360 are very similar, despite what other people say, and the PS3 and 360 are a lot different from Wii. If you don't like Wii, you're like the 360 and PS3, so no, you won't regret your purchase.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts
Ironic, i dont regret anything about my two consoles.
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts

i regret about buying it -.- but if i where you i would hink

Do i have HDTV, want blu-ray movies, and i can wait till the other year, when all the great exclusives come? PS3

Do i like moar the multiplayer, i dont mind buying XBL, i will buy a Blu ray player later, great exclusives? XBOX 360

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
Probably not, the games library is far more diverse than the Wii.
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

You wont regret it.

Free Online. check

WiFi built in. check

Wireless controllers that require no batteries? check

Great Games? check

The PS3 has GREAT games like all systems do. It has a great online with people that do use microphones (though not all do) but youre guarenteed to find people in every server that has one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

mstc_Q

Who knows.

I don't think so.
The Wii is great for some people, POISON for others. You fall in that latter category, it seems.

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts

The PS3 is as good as the 360.

Listen, you wont regret it.If you have any questions please PM me.

DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts

[QUOTE="ineedmoney555"]depends on why you regret the wiimstc_Q

Because they haven't changed since the NES era?

And because the Wii pretty much only has first part Nintendo games to speak of (anything else is a port.)

fixed for accuracy. Somebody tell Nintendo it's ok to have voice over in games. 8-bit minded fools...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
It depends on the type of games you like
u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts

listen, if youre worried about game library, the PS3 has it all.

Little Big Planet (kiddy online game where you interact with all sorts of people and build levels)

Shooters to RPGs to Action Adventure (Drakes Fortune is an AMAZING game. Do not use Gamespot as your ONLY review source. Have SECOND OPINIONS. Everywhere else begs to differ. Also its nothing like Tomb Raider). Even Platformers are amazing.

PS3 is a great system and you wont regret it.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mstc_Q

You wont regret it.

Free Online. check

WiFi built in. check

Wireless controllers that require no batteries? check

Great Games? check

The PS3 has GREAT games like all systems do. It has a great online with people that do use microphones (though not all do) but youre guarenteed to find people in every server that has one.

suitmypants

I knew about the free online thing - XBL basically costs me one game every year, or 5 if I'm downloading them.

But Wifi built in? How convenient!
The controllers are rechargable? Geeze, Nintendo needs to take a hint from them.

Yeah, I think I'm convinced, now I just need to find an 80GB one so I can have reverse compatibility...

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
no you will love it
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
[QUOTE="mstc_Q"]

[QUOTE="ineedmoney555"]depends on why you regret the wiiDragonFlyJ

Because they haven't changed since the NES era?

fixed for accuracy. Somebody tell Nintendo it's ok to have voice over in games. 8-bit minded fools...

Voice overs aren't nessicary. Look what it did to Star Fox... and every other game they hit with the voice over stick...

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

Your a big MGS fan?

NO! You will not regret the PS3, it is the BEST game this gen .... Maybe the best game period. But there are more games on PS3 that you will enjoy other than MGS4 as well, so no it's not a waiste like the Wii which only has 3 decent games.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Your a big MGS fan?

NO! You will not regret the PS3, it is the BEST game this gen .... Maybe the best game period. But there are more games on PS3 that you will enjoy other than MGS4 as well, so no it's not a waiste like the Wii which only has 3 decent games.

Delsage

No No and No.

MGS4 is an amazing game, it's well worth the money and i've enjoyed the hell out of it, but it's first off to early to call it the best game this gen, and second off not even close to the best game ever (look at game rankings), and finally the Wii has well more then 3 decent games, it's had Three great AAA's so far this year.

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

If you can find an equal or greater value of games in comparison to the console.

I other words to get a PS3 for 500 or 400 you find 8 to 6 games that you will buy (either now or in the near future) and you probably won't regret it. Also, if you have an HDTV it will come in handy as a movie player.

That's just my rule of thumb.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mstc_Q

[QUOTE="Delsage"]

Your a big MGS fan?

GundamGuy0

No No and No.

MGS4 is an amazing game, it's well worth the money and i've enjoyed the hell out of it, but it's first off to early to call it the best game this gen, and second off not even close to the best game ever (look at game rankings), and finally the Wii has well more then 3 decent games, it's had Three great AAA's so far this year.

Mario Galaxy is something I wouldn't play more than once; the same goes for Metroid 3 - I haven't even looked at the Original Metroid Prime or Mario Sunshine ever since I 100%ed those files. They are not worth buying a system for.

No More Heroes is terribly unappealing - I happen to like stories with heroes, not losers who happened to get a sword.

Mario Kart Wii screwed up my favorite part about those Kart games; the battle mode. Racing is fun, but the Battle Mode let you mix it up a bit if you wanted ever since the SNES version. Now it's basically pointless to play in the same room with your friends UNLESS you're racing, and that would be the only reason I'd ever get that game.

And Smash Bros Brawl is so glitchy it's impossible to play it seriously; not to mention the online is pathetic - which was the main reason I got it in the first place. That said though, I would consider this title the only reason to actually buy a Wii at the moment, and it sure fails at making itself a very good one.

Okami is on the PS2 and so is Resident Evil 4; and it's arguable whether or not there is enough improvement to those games to justify buying them again.

Although I agree that you probably couldn't call any game "The best game ever" because it all fals under personal preference, just like my above comments.

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
[QUOTE="Delsage"]

Your a big MGS fan?

GundamGuy0

No No and No.

To early to call it the best game this gen?? Right when I opened it I beat it in less than 3 days cause of the fun factor. Then right after I wanted to play through it again cause of the replay value of it. Want to play it as a Stealth? Go ahead, want to play a Shooter? Ok, want to make every PMC piss their pants and run away screaming? You can do that to.

I am right now working towards the Foxhound badge so I can play through it again in the Assains Creed coustume, not to mention the Big Boss Badge in which you have to play through on Big Boss Extreme in Under 5 hours not to mention with out Killing anyone. But at least you get the Invisible Generator out of the deal. :D

Seriously the game can be played in so many different ways, the last two games I had this much fun with was Chrono Cross and Orcarina of Time.

What I should of said was three great games for the Wii aka: Mario Galaxy, SSBB and Metroid. For as long as I waited for Zelda:TP and how disappointed I was it's not a great game in my opinion, they should of used the "adult" theme and expanded on Wind Waker material instead of going straight back to OoT.

Son_of_Some

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Son_of_Some
Member since 2006 • 1458 Posts

Well yeah. Ignorant fanboys seldom enjoy games.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mstc_Q
[QUOTE="mstc_Q"]

[QUOTE="ineedmoney555"]depends on why you regret the wiiSon_of_Some

Well yeah. Ignorant fanboys seldom enjoy games.

Ignorant?

I own the wii

I was excited about it.

But gradually that excitement subsided as I started actually playing the games.

It really has been a disapointing generation so far for me. This is coming from someone who's been gaming since games were 4-bit.

Calling someone ignorant because of thier opinion is asinine.

But I also find it hard to believe that you can tell me with a straight face that Nintendo games are incredibly diverse and innovative either.

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts
[QUOTE="mstc_Q"]

lightlink7

Same here I'm regretting the wii but if you are a big MGS fan then you will love MGS4. Brilliant game and has many nostalgic touches. Also I like the ps3 library (even if the exclusives are currently small) and the upcoming games look brilliant. Seriously you will not regret your ps3, but I currently regret my wii its just sitting on my shelf.

I think anyone over the age of 12 regrets buying a wii

kev1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kev1000
Member since 2008 • 2477 Posts
I agree with you,the wii is a pile of total **** can`t even have a must-have game on it.Even smash bros brawl is not enought for me.
typevuspecII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 typevuspecII
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

I regretted buying a Wii... I recently sold it with the only game purchased for it was Mario Kart Wii it was fun for awhile but wasnt worth keeping a whole console for. Maybe if Nintendo wasnt so slow with releasing SSBB!!! Oh wells I had the console for nearly half a year and including everything I bought for it I resold everything and actually profited $30... sweet.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
yes. cos all the games will shift to wii. ca ching!!!
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I doubt it. The PS3 and 360 are alot different than the Wii.

I admit, I like the Wii, but ended up selling it. I kinda miss it, but I remember it just sitting there and me thinking about the $250 bucks I could make off of selling it. I've never felt that way about my 360 or PS3 really. The 360 to an extent because I just dont have alot of money to put into more than one system, but not because it's simply not fun.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

ehh ok. You also rated RE UC a 1 out of 10. I think you would be very hard to satisfy because no way was RE UC that bad

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mstc_Q
[QUOTE="mstc_Q"]

[QUOTE="ineedmoney555"]depends on why you regret the wiimetalisticpain

ehh ok. You also rated RE UC a 1 out of 10. I think you would be very hard to satisfy because no way was RE UC that bad

Hmm... I don't remember rating RE UC. I haven't even played that one yet ($50 for a rail shooter? Rip off...)

I must have accidently clicked the bar while doing something else.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts

mstc_Q

no you wont for mgs its worth it

Gismo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gismo25
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts
How could you regret buying a Wii. Ninjabread Man 2 exclusive to the Wii, coming these holidays!!
mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mstc_Q

How could you regret buying a Wii. Ninjabread Man 2 exclusive to the Wii, coming these holidays!!Gismo25

Is that a joke?

Anyway, I got my PS3 today, so far I don't regret it :)

bob_saget111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bob_saget111
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
Same way I sold my wii to a friend and borrowed another friends PS3 I love it now I am using the money that I got from my wii and buying a PS3. I would suggest borrow a friends first that way you will know.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
well the ps3 is an actual next gen system, so your chances of regretting it should be minimal to none. also if u love mgs4 then you'll just set yourself to a really nice treat by getting a ps3.Furbyballistik
Yeah, the Wii isn't next gen, it's current gen. And imo, for a next gen system, the PS3 is def a piece of ****
diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts

The PS3 is as good as the 360.

Listen, you wont regret it.If you have any questions please PM me.

u8muhrice
I laughed.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts

If you like to watch movies, you will not regret it.

If you like to play games......

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Goat_Azz
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts

^^ So the Wii isn't next gen because it doesn't have pretty graphics and a $400 dollar movie player? Never mind the fun game play and originality the Wii brings to the table.

Anyways, yeah, you most likely will regret buying a PS3. Sure, you've got MGS4 but...well that's about it. Hope you enjoy those movies...

CMPunk13

Would ou please name a game that will beat Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LBP, Motorstorm 2, Farcry 2 on the wii. fun game play my butt :lol:

you wont regret buying a ps3, i play my ps3 more than my wii and only have three games (cuz they are only worth spending $50 on) SMG, SSBB and wii play. Ps3, so many games are there to waste money on. With all the games i mentioned coming out and already are out.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
What are you talking about? The Conduit will be more innovative and have better graphics than Resistance 2.
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Goat_Azz

[QUOTE="Gismo25"]How could you regret buying a Wii. Ninjabread Man 2 exclusive to the Wii, coming these holidays!!mstc_Q

Is that a joke?

Anyway, I got my PS3 today, so far I don't regret it :)

Sounds like a joke well at least i hope it is...ninjabraed man 2 lma. i Play those games on my pc on internet. :lol:

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Yes. You'll regret it twice as much because it costs twice as much.
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Goat_Azz

What are you talking about? The Conduit will be more innovative and have better graphics than Resistance 2.DivergeUnify

You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me you are.:?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
What are you talking about? The Conduit will be more innovative and have better graphics than Resistance 2.DivergeUnify
Please say you're joking, at least insomniac makes good games. High Voltage made 50 cent :|