• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Titan_of_NYC
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts
Godfather, Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 4, etc.
Zelda should have been a Gamecube game (Nintendo lied to you when they said the delay wasn't due to it being ported for the Wii - face it), Paper Mario should have been a Gamecube game, and you are bing ripped-off by some of the VC game pricing.
The hardware, it's a Gamecube. Yes, it has a "great" controller. But, the horsepower is that of a Gamecube.
If you enjoy the games and the system, thats great. 
But, don't sit here and tell me it's the BEST purchase. Because it's not.
The great games are too far and few in between. And what you ARE getting is just a re-hash.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
First post! Starting with a good foot on gamespot.
iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts
Zelda should have been a Gamecube game (Nintendo lied to you when they said the delay wasn't due to it being ported for the Wii - face it), Paper Mario should have been a Gamecube game, and you are bing ripped-off by some of the VC game pricing.
The hardware, it's a Gamecube. Yes, it has a "great" controller. But, the horsepower is that of a Gamecube.
The great games are too far and few in between. And what you ARE getting is just a re-hash.Titan_of_NYC
Welcome to system wars. Or possibly welcome back.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts
Do I look like I care about your opinion?
Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Titan_of_NYC
Do I look like I care about your opinion?gigabrowser12
You care enough to post in my thread. Wow, you sure showed me.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts

The great games are too far and few in between. And what you ARE getting is just a re-hash.Titan_of_NYC

Have you looked at the P$3? 

footballstar07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 footballstar07
Member since 2007 • 698 Posts
woohoo another one get em boys.
Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Titan_of_NYC

[QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"]Godfather, Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 4, etc.
The great games are too far and few in between. And what you ARE getting is just a re-hash.gigabrowser12

Very few people say the PS3 is a great buy. And with the 20GB model being dropped - it closes the case entirely. Whatever the PS3 offers won't be seen until 2 years from now - if it survives that long. In the meantime, I suggest all the fanboys of the Wii pipe down. They are telling us the Wii is great, when all it is, is a Gamecube with a new controller.
Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Titan_of_NYC
OMG..its a |\|00|3 !!!111111one!11onealchemist007
I'm not the one buying the samething over and over agian.
NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 NATATO
Member since 2004 • 498 Posts

Lol wii-hash...

Zelda was a GC game, and you weren't on the Zelda developers team so you don't know why they delayed it.  You can spectulate, but you can't be sure.

Why should paper mario be a gamecube game.  It's not trying to have amazing next gen graphics, it's trying to be different.  Bet you anything it's gets a pretty good score on graphics from gamespot. 

VC > XBLA games, extra price worth it.  Like geomety wars, fun but not much of a game.  With VC you are getting a FULL game. 

Now proove to me that Wii is GC with a new controller.  If you're guna come ouit and say it, proove it. 

And where are 360/PS3 great games in 2007?  Not like Wii is producing them left and right,  but 360 has ZERO AAAs and PS3 only has one.  (in 2007)

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

LOOK fanboy.

get one thing straight the Wii is two times better than the GC hardware wise.

Imagine RE 4 times two and thats pretty visuals!

gee, I wonder if the 360 and PS3 have old-gen ports and projects with slightly updated graphics? (ghost recon awr, fight night, genji, madden, THE GODFATHER, CALL OF DUTY2 & 3)

LOOK stop bashing people's choice of console and play a console.

you know playing games is fun you should try it sometime.

Maelkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Maelkav
Member since 2007 • 399 Posts

few people say the PS3 is a great buy. And with the 20GB model being dropped - it closes the case entirely.

Whatever the PS3 offers won't be seen until 2 years from now - if it survives that long.

In the meantime, I suggest all the fanboys of the Wii pipe down. They are telling us the Wii is great, when all it is, is a Gamecube with a new controller.Titan_of_NYC

Technically, the XBOX was "a PS2 with a new controller", since many XBOX games were barely as good - if not worse - in graphics than the PS2.

The Wii has far more horsepower than a GC. Just look at specs. Yes, many games are "merely" GC quality in graphics, but no one is arguing against that. 

Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Titan_of_NYC

The great games are too far and few in between. And what you ARE getting is just a re-hash.NATATO

Lol wii-hash...

Zelda was a GC game, and you weren't on the Zelda developers team so you don't know why they delayed it.  You can spectulate, but you can't be sure.

Why should paper mario be a gamecube game.  It's not trying to have amazing next gen graphics, it's trying to be different.  Bet you anything it's gets a pretty good score on graphics from gamespot. 

VC > XBLA games, extra price worth it.  Like geomety wars, fun but not much of a game.  With VC you are getting a FULL game. 

Now proove to me that Wii is GC with a new controller.  If you're guna come ouit and say it, proove it. 

And where are 360/PS3 great games in 2007?  Not like Wii is producing them left and right,  but 360 has ZERO AAAs and PS3 only has one.  (in 2007)

Who is speculating? Zelda should have been out Feb 2006. It was delayed. When Nintendo was asked if it was due to it being a luanch title for the Wii - they said no. When it is indeed the case. Paper Mario was a Gamecube game. It was shoved over to the Wii - because the Wii lacks games. Do you purposely ignore the fact that Paper Mario was a Gamecube game? XBLA lets you TRY the games before you buy them. And Geometry wars is a FULL game, if you buy it. You get to try out the games 1st. And the Wii is a GC with a new controller. Miyamoto said it himself - the Wii is the same hardware-wise as the GC. Also, remeber the 1st Wii footage? Where Miyamoto was on stage? It was running off a Gamecube.
Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Titan_of_NYC

The great games are too far and few in between. And what you ARE getting is just a re-hash.darth-pyschosis

LOOK fanboy.

gee, I wonder if the 360 and PS3 have old-gen ports and projects with slightly updated graphics? (ghost recon awr, fight night, genji, madden, THE GODFATHER, CALL OF DUTY2 & 3)

Bashing? I'm bashing? It's the Nintendo fans on this board, telling me how a 3 year old Resident Evil game with a new control scheme is worth it. It's not.
Fat_jonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fat_jonny
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts
I remember a time when video games were just for fun but now all people do is worry about the other console they dont have and when it's doing better then there consoles they make fun of it :roll: oh how time has changed
NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NATATO
[QUOTE="NATATO"]

Lol wii-hash...

Who is speculating? Zelda should have been out Feb 2006. It was delayed. When Nintendo was asked if it was due to it being a luanch title for the Wii - they said no. When it is indeed the case.

Paper Mario was a Gamecube game. It was shoved over to the Wii - because the Wii lacks games. Do you purposely ignore the fact that Paper Mario was a Gamecube game?

XBLA lets you TRY the games before you buy them. And Geometry wars is a FULL game, if you buy it. You get to try out the games 1st.

And the Wii is a GC with a new controller. Miyamoto said it himself - the Wii is the same hardware-wise as the GC.

Also, remeber the 1st Wii footage? Where Miyamoto was on stage? It was running off a Gamecube.

Who is speculating? YOU ARE! Nintendo says "they didn't delay it for the wii"  and you are SPECULATING that "it is indeed the case"

Paper Mario WAS a gamecube game, true.  The point is you can pass it off as a next gen title becasue its not trying to have awesome graphics.  Wario Ware got 9/10 on graphics, same score as what Oblivion got on graphics, 9/10. 

If you think you get as much value out of Geometry Wars FULL VERSION as you do in a game like Super Mario World, then stop talking.  VC alredy has 7 AA, and XBLA only has 5, and VCs been out 1/4 the time.  XBLA arcade is garbage compared to VC. 

And please, give me the link to where Miyamoto says "Wii is a gamecube with a new controller" 

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

LOOK fanboy.

Bashing?

I'm bashing? It's the Nintendo fans on this board, telling me how a 3 year old Resident Evil game with a new control scheme is worth it.

It's not.

First off RE 4 is better than alot of 360 PS3 games.

second you're bashing mr.8 posts coz you're annoying other users intentionally and telling them their opinions are stupid because your trying to do it.

Is a great 3 year old game not still a great game?

Is Resident Evil 4 not better that anything on current gen consoles excluding maybe GRAW, Gears, and Resistance?

Probably or almost.

Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Titan_of_NYC

XBLA arcade is garbage compared to VC. 

NATATO

Ahem - Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

You lose.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

The Wii is much more powerful than the Gamecube, just give the devs and the wii some time the graphics will start looking great.

i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts

[QUOTE="gigabrowser12"]Do I look like I care about your opinion?Titan_of_NYC

You care enough to post in my thread.

Wow, you sure showed me.

Oh, SNAP!

Oh, wait.  nm, that was lame.

Welcome back.  May your burns get hotter and your come-backs get.... come-back-ier?

NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NATATO
[QUOTE="NATATO"]

Titan_of_NYC

You lose.

I lose lol, that game ins't that good anyway.

ahem, Legend of Zelda:OoT, Super Mario World, LoZ: A link to the past, F-zero, ect.  ALL AA.  OoT got 8.9 and that came out in feb.  3 MONTHS after Wii came out.  C:SotN came out like 16 months after 360 came out.  Took XBLA THAT long to get a game to score as high as 8.5. 

Maelkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maelkav
[QUOTE="NATATO"]

Titan_of_NYC

You lose.

No. He wins. C-SotN is ONE game. Sheep-bashers will say, "One game doesn't sell a system!" If a Wii owner used the argument of "Zelda", you would jump all over him.

I call hypocrite. VC wins, hands down.

i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts
[QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"][QUOTE="NATATO"]

NATATO

You lose.

ahem, Legend of Zelda:OoT, Super Mario World, LoZ: A link to the past, F-zero, ect.  ALL AA.  OoT got 8.9 and that came out in feb.  3 MONTHS after Wii came out.  C:SotN came out like 16 months after 360 came out.  Took XBLA THAT long to get a game to score as high as 8.5. 

I love the "Ryan" sig.  Gave me a good chuckle.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
I own a Wii since the day it was released. (I also have an xbox360 and PS3). And I have to say Titan_of_NYC is kinda right about some things.Until now the games really do look like your average gamecube games, if it's twice as powerful, it's a shame I haven't seen anything of that power yet. I'm sure Nintendo will deliver in the graphics department (I don't expect uberfantastic next gen graphics), but until now it's a bit disappointing.

Zelda, RE4 en Paper mario ARE gamecube games with altered controls, doesn't mean they aren't great though. But I could have played them on my Gamecube just as easily, what did I buy a Wii for exactly?? Furthermore I haven't seen any 'real' (read: no mini-game based) games that make good use of the remote, all the controls do seem a bit tacked on to me. Sure Wii sports was a good attempt, but the gameplay is just so shallow and basic. I'm afraid it's going to be like the DS, too few games that really make use of what the hardware can deliver (like Another Code and Hotel Dusk).
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts

LOOK fanboy.

Although I disagree with the TC Call of Duty 3 was released on both PS3 and 360 at the same time, and it looks amazing.

tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts

NATATO

You lose.

Most of those games we have all already played again and again, through sequels and ports and others, Xbox live arcade offers games that are much older than what most of would have played, games that our parents might have played and they offer more than just a port, they add a lot of content and u basically don't have to pay for it, just keep on trying it. And u also get new games from indie developers. Nintendo is just trying to make more money by putting games that u probably played on the nes, gameboy, ds and now wii....keep on playing the same games on and on and on and on and on....8) 

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

You Wii fanboys are sad. You can enjoy your console all you want and believe that it's worth $250. But the fact is, the Wii uses the same architechture as the Gamecube (why do you think it directly plays GC games?). There's more ram, but it's the same kind. The processor and gpu are clocked higher, but are of the same design. The Wii is a redesigned Gamecube that 6 years later you are getting charged MORE for than what GC cost at launch.

The Wii is like the difference between a low end graphics card and a high end graphics card of the same generation... The high end one has faster clock speeds and more RAM, but they have the same core design. 6 years down the line both will be so crappy the differences are negligible. The Wii is like paying MORE now than what it cost originally for a graphics card from 2001... it's just not a good deal from the hardware perspective period.

If you're buying it for the new controller and Nintendo games, then go ahead and enjoy (I want one myself eventually). But the Wii is 6 year old design and it is not next-gen in any way regarding hardware, period. Don't think or argue that point otherwise because you are wrong. 

liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
Is that you Yo Foo?
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
[QUOTE="gigabrowser12"]Do I look like I care about your opinion?Titan_of_NYC
You care enough to post in my thread. Wow, you sure showed me.

great answer lol :lol: welcome to system wars fellow wii hater
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I bought a Wii for $250. I own and love Zelda, Red Steel (Yes, I liked it), Elebits, Trauma Center, Sonic, and Rayman. That's $300 worth of games I love that are either exclusive to the Wii or are best on the Wii. Sounds worth it to me.
Maelkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Maelkav

But the fact is, the Wii uses the same architechture as the Gamecube (why do you think it directly plays GC games?). Lazy_Boy88

Um...nice argument. Proof?

"The PS2 uses suped-up PS1 hardware because it plays PS1 games."

Yeah, where's the logic there?

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

I'm sorry, did Nintendo specifically tell you the delay for Zelda wasn't due to it being ported?  Have you played Super Paper Mario?

NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NATATO
[QUOTE="NATATO"][QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"][QUOTE="NATATO"]

tacubano

You lose.

Most of those games we have all already played again and again, through sequels and ports and others, Xbox live arcade offers games that are much older than what most of would have played, games that our parents might have played and they offer more than just a port, they add a lot of content and u basically don't have to pay for it, just keep on trying it. And u also get new games from indie developers. Nintendo is just trying to make more money by putting games that u probably played on the nes, gameboy, ds and now wii....keep on playing the same games on and on and on and on and on....8) 

So you've played all the games that are out on VC? No i don't think so.  For me, games i never got around to playing 10 years ago, like Starfox and donkey country, I can now buy and play them on VC.  WHY DO LEMMINGs AND COWS AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT OLD GAMES THAT COME OUT ON VC ARE GAMES EVERYONE HAS PLAYED AND DONT WANA PLAY ANYMORE.  Besides, even if you HAD played that game like 5-15 years ago, you might say to yourself "Dang, that game was really fun I think I might wana try it again"

XBLA is a gimmick.  THey take old games and upgrade their graphics and say "HERE LOOK, Geomerty Wars with upgraded graphics in HD!" then lemmings go "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG HD!! ****C GAMES IN HD ZOMG!" 

Old games are better left alone.  XBLA arcade is just like those poeple who take old movies, come out and say "DIGITALLY ENHANCED SP. EFFECTS!"  and try to sell it that way.  Nintendo is creating the largest library of games on a single consoles.  They're not adding anyhting too them.  They're saying "Here's a large library of games you can buy, we havent changed them, buy the ones you like"  

Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Titan_of_NYC

NATATO

You lose.

Castlevania isn't a 1st party game. Like all those you listed are. Please don't tell me Live is garbage, because Nintendo preached CONNECTIVITY when Live came out. Remeber? When Nintendo said; "We don't need online, we have connectivity!" Yeah, buy 4 gameboys to play Final Fantasy. Great. VC has more trash than a New Jersey land fill. Granted, some titles are awesome (1st party anyway), but just like Wii titles, anything from 3rd party blows. So, like the blind fanboy you are, you will tell me Nintendo can't be blaimed, if 3rd party developers are lazy. It's same thing from blind fanboys over and over again.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
Generic Topics FTW?
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

The games are good aren't they?

Besides look at some of the PS3 and 360's biggest titles

Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 4
Ratchet & Clank Future
Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Gran Tursimo 5
The Elder Scrolls 4
Killzone 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Resident Evil 5
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden 2
Virtua Tennis 3
Guitar Hero 2
Ace Combat 6
Forza Motorsport 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Rainbow Six Vegas
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

But the games are good aren't they?

Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Titan_of_NYC

I'm sorry, did Nintendo specifically tell you the delay for Zelda wasn't due to it being ported?  Have you played Super Paper Mario?

-The-G-Man-
Wow, now it's being denied that Nintendo lied. I wish I had the power to sell you re-hashes with new more expensive prices,...
NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NATATO

Titan_of_NYC

You lose.

Castlevania isn't a 1st party game. Like all those you listed are.

Please don't tell me Live is garbage, because Nintendo preached CONNECTIVITY when Live came out.

Remeber? When Nintendo said; "We don't need online, we have connectivity!" Yeah, buy 4 gameboys to play Final Fantasy. Great.

VC has more trash than a New Jersey land fill. Granted, some titles are awesome (1st party anyway), but just like Wii titles, anything from 3rd party blows.

So, like the blind fanboy you are, you will tell me Nintendo can't be blaimed, if 3rd party developers are lazy.

It's same thing from blind fanboys over and over again.

How ironic, he calls me a blind fanboy

FIRST, I never called LIVE garbage. XBL is AWESOME.  XBLA (see the difference theres an "A" on the end) is garbage.

And VC has aton of garbage games?  How bout Uno and Texas Hold'em, and TOTEM BALL.  jesus... TOTEM BALL MIGHT BE THE WORST GAME EVER MADE.  

XBLA arcade is a gimmick.  Upgrades old games with "HD" and "better graphics" and trys to sell them that way.  VC already has more great games than XBLA.  VC > XBLA.  Period. 

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Titan_of_NYC

You lose.

Please don't tell me Live is garbage, because Nintendo preached CONNECTIVITY when Live came out.

Remeber? When Nintendo said; "We don't need online, we have connectivity!" Yeah, buy 4 gameboys to play Final Fantasy. Great.

VC has more trash than a New Jersey land fill. Granted, some titles are awesome (1st party anyway), but just like Wii titles, anything from 3rd party blows.

So, like the blind fanboy you are, you will tell me Nintendo can't be blaimed, if 3rd party developers are lazy.

Gradius
Simcity
Contra 3
Bomberman

Titan_of_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Titan_of_NYC
[QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"][QUOTE="NATATO"][QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"][QUOTE="NATATO"]

CJL13

You lose.

Gradius
Simcity
Contra 3
Bomberman

VigilanteDouble Dungeons
The Legend of Kage
Jubedube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jubedube
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
[QUOTE="gigabrowser12"]

Very few people say the PS3 is a great buy. And with the 20GB model being dropped - it closes the case entirely.

Whatever the PS3 offers won't be seen until 2 years from now - if it survives that long.

In the meantime, I suggest all the fanboys of the Wii pipe down. They are telling us the Wii is great, when all it is, is a Gamecube with a new controller.

To be honest, the PS3 is just a ps2 with better graphics.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="CJL13"][QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"][QUOTE="NATATO"][QUOTE="Titan_of_NYC"][QUOTE="NATATO"]

Titan_of_NYC

You lose.

Gradius
Simcity
Contra 3
Bomberman

VigilanteDouble Dungeons
The Legend of Kage

NRA Gun Club Gravity Games: Street Vert Dirt Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly New Rally-X Novadrome Totemball But yet we don't judge the PS2 and XBLA by their worst games, do we?
OPbarfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 OPbarfer
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts

I'm sorry, it looks like I've walked into this one a bit late.  Nevertheless, I'd like to respond to the TC and his point that the Wii is just a Wii-hash (which is just hilarious, btw).  My response is as follows:

PS3:

The Godfather: Don's Edition (tardy port of a 360 port of a last gen game)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (port of a last gen game with a few extra features)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (only included here because it's considered one of the PS3's better games, last gen port)
VF5 (rehash of VF4)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (last gen game)
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (last gen game)

Enchanted Arms, Oblivion, Sonic the Hedgehog (all games 360 owners have been playing for a year)

Xbox 360:

Gun
Lego Star Wars 2
The Godfather
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Need for Speed Most Wanted
King Kong
Hitman: Blood Money

ALL PORTS OF LAST GEN GAMES

Wii:

ExciteTruck - while not loved here on GS, most other publications/websites gave it AA
Elebits - A
Rayman Raving Rabids - AA -designed for Wii, all ports of it have been a joke
Sonic and the Secret Rings - A
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - AAA
Wii Sports - A
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - AA

So there you have it, you can spin it any way you want to, but the fact is that every console's first year is its worst, and your PS3s and 360s are no exception.  I must admit I'm a little disappointed by the constant delays from Nintendo, and the fact that 3rd parties can't seem to churn out decent product.  Either way, I've got 20 games for my Wii, only 5 of them are overpriced ports, and at least they're somewhat different on the Wii.  Can you say the same thing about Gun for the 360? or Godfather for the PS3?  No, I didn't think so. 

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darth-pyschosis

You Wii fanboys are sad. You can enjoy your console all you want and believe that it's worth $250. But the fact is, the Wii uses the same architechture as the Gamecube (why do you think it directly plays GC games?). There's more ram, but it's the same kind. The processor and gpu are clocked higher, but are of the same design. The Wii is a redesigned Gamecube that 6 years later you are getting charged MORE for than what GC cost at launch.

The Wii is like the difference between a low end graphics card and a high end graphics card of the same generation... The high end one has faster clock speeds and more RAM, but they have the same core design. 6 years down the line both will be so crappy the differences are negligible. The Wii is like paying MORE now than what it cost originally for a graphics card from 2001... it's just not a good deal from the hardware perspective period.

If you're buying it for the new controller and Nintendo games, then go ahead and enjoy (I want one myself eventually). But the Wii is 6 year old design and it is not next-gen in any way regarding hardware, period. Don't think or argue that point otherwise because you are wrong. 

Lazy_Boy88

your points are completely invalid because the GC cost $300 when it came out. you said the Wii costs more.

mikeiscool98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mikeiscool98
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts

Nintendo lied to you when they said the delay wasn't due to it being ported for the Wii - face it

They never said it wasn't. You just made that up.

Paper Mario should have been a Gamecube game

Why? Cuz of the graphics?

The great games are too far and few in between

Its been out for 5 months. You can't possibly make a statement like this yet.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#48 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

News Flash:

1) you don't have to buy them

2) They might actually be more fun

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#49 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
yeah, those are the only games on the wii :roll: look at ps3 and 360. they have plenty of multiplats, but their controller isn't even much different from last gen.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
But I like hash.