Wii U Owners, What Do You Think of the Console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

While the PS4 and Xbox One both release within the next week and a half, Nintendo put out its foray into the next generation of gaming the same time last year: the Wii U.

On the whole, the Wii U has struggled, with marketing, sales, retailers, third party developer and publisher support, and consumer perception. Although things are beginning to look slightly better for it, its overall future remains a bit questionable.

This thread is for Wii U owners only. No, people who have played the console but don't own it, please try to refrain from answering. But for those of you who bought Nintendo's newest home console, what do you think about the system? What are your expectations from it? What do you expect going forwards?

Also, if you would like to, please answer the following questions:

• What model of the system do you have?
  • How many games do you have for it?
  • What is your favorite game on the system?
  • What accessories do you own for it?
  • What game are you looking forward to the most?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@charizard1605:

1. Deluxe, because lolbasic

2. Collection nearly tripled in the last few months. Went damn near a year not buying games for it (none to buy to begin with, but I digress). Total is now 8, with Super Mario 3D world on the way for Christmas hopefully.

3. New Super Luigi U, as sad as that is.

4. The ones that came with the deluxe bundle, but I would have bought the cradle and stand either way.

5. Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Smash. I knew what I was getting into with this, first party is pretty much it.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

My brother has it, I played a good 10-15 hours on it by myself and with him. He has the 32 GB version. We played Nintendo land, MH3U, and New Super Mario Bros. U/Luigi U. Luigi U was the best I guess, didn't have enough time to get into MH3U but that's kind of moot for SW because it's not exclusive. Nintendo land was pretty disappointing, I only really enjoyed the animal crossing and tag game. Luigi U is a new super mario bros game. Not amazing but much better than the mediocrity that is New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Oh and I responded because there's probably a total of what, like 5 Wii U owners on here?

Avatar image for BlackoutGunshot
BlackoutGunshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BlackoutGunshot
Member since 2011 • 358 Posts

1. 32g Deluxe

2. I only own Scribblenauts, Nintendo Land, and Earthbound (which doesn't really count). I've played more, I rent most games.

3. Scribblenauts is hysterical. Love that game.

4. The Pro controller

5. Super Mario 3D Land

I think the Wii U, like its predecessor, is a decent second console. I won't play it nearly as often as my PS4, but it's also not going for the same type of thing. I admire Wii U for doing something different, and I appreciate that it's the only console that lets me play local multiplayer since that's the only multiplayer I play (I have no friends who own a video game console, but lots that will gladly play with me when they come over.)

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I love the system. I've gotten a lot of playtime and joy out of using it, whether it's by myself or for a house party. The gamepad is a godsend, with off-screen play on select titles dominating how I play them (and now with the addition of being able to play Wii games over it, I'll finally get through Xenoblade.) This is also one of the biggest reasons I'm excited for PS4/Vita connectivity.

I expect a lot of quality exclusives to come from the console. Looking at what Nintendo has done with the "doomed" 3DS, I imagine we'll be getting a wide range of great titles soon, as we're already seeing Super Mario 3D World in a little over a week, and Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros next year, among other games. I'd love to see more third-party games developed for the console, but with the Gamepad in mind. Darksiders II, a great game, just doesn't work well through the Gamepad. A perfect game for touch-screen support and off-screen play is Wind Waker HD. Beautiful, simplistic visuals and large buttons make for the best experience.

There will still be some problems going forward; Nintendo has a lot of things to fix with the public perception of the console. But when you put a dog in a corner they're going to bite back; we saw that push with the 3DS and I'd guess we may see it with the Wii U. Game development takes time though, so they'll have to work towards that.

• Deluxe model
  • Retail games
    • Nintendo Land
    • New Super Mario Bros U
    • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
    • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
    • Darksiders II
  • Digital games
    • Earthbound
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Metroid
    • F-Zero
    • Kirby's Adventure
    • Donkey Kong
    • Punch-Out
  • New Super Mario Bros U was the best in the series so I'd be inclined to say that. NintendoLand is incredible fun with a group of people. And Wind Waker HD, although a remake, is such a polished game that going through it again (especially in Hero Mode) is extremely rewarding and fun.
  • Not much. Wiimotes +2 Wii-Motion Plus peripheals, Classic Pro controller... not much else.
  • Super Mario 3D World by far. Sure, a new Zelda is always very anticipated but Super Mario 3D World takes the cake.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I absolutely love the system, though it does have some glaring flaws like the lackluster online component, and the fact that eShop purchases are tied to the hardware and not an online account. I think the Wii-U will have the legacy of the Dreamcast. I don't believe the system will be discontinued, I think it will pull at least Gamecube type sales, but I think ten years from now people will look back and realize that the Wii-U had numerous amazing and unique games, and then wonder how something so great failed in the sales department.

• Deluxe Model.
  • I own seven games, five physical (Zombi-U, Pikmin 3, Wounderful 101, Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover) and two digital (NintendoLand, Earthbound).
  • My favorite games for the system so far are Earthbound and Pikmin 3, I have yet to play Wounderful 101 or Rayman Legends.
  • I own a Wii-Mote, Nun-chuck, and a Pro Conroller.
  • Currently excited for Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, X, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart 8.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I like the system a lot and love the tablet controller. Miiverse is a fantastic world of communication and art and a convenient place for quick info and help. I'm disappointed in the slow release of software, but the level of quality in the exclusives I've played is top notch.

Overall I'm sure it'll be a nice second system to have for Nintendo and third-party exclusives.

• What model of the system do you have? Deluxe
  • How many games do you have for it? Five. Soon to be six with SM3DW.
  • What is your favorite game on the system? The Wonderful 101.
  • What accessories do you own for it? Just what came with the system.
  • What game are you looking forward to the most? Mario Kart 8 and Fire Emblem vs. SMT.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts
  1. Basic, figured it'd be cheaper to buy memory when i need it.
  2. NSMBU ,NSLU, Batman AC: AE, Pikmin 3, Earthbound, SMW, Super Metroid, F-Zero (Had Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed most want u, CoDBO2)
  3. Pikmin 3
  4. Pro Controller, some wii mote and nunchuks, head set
  5. A lot of games look great. Bayo 2, Smash, WWHD, SM3DW

It really is a mixed bag. I am content with the power and what it can do, I really enjoy the controller. The online works well. However 3rd party support is really lacking, Nintendo has already had a huge dry spell this years and needs to push more games out. VC is really lacking, gamepad battery sucks. I like the online, but there is really weird omissions. No on screen notifications for friends online or messages. No party chat.

Overall I feel like it could be a very good console, once it secures a constant stream of games, update for voice chat and on screen notifications, and just general fixes of a bunch of small things that bring the overall console down.

I feel like quality wise ti could be very good, like Gamecube levels. Ninty just needs to secure the 3parties and bring the games.

Shok411741

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shok411741
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

What model of the system do you have?

For me I have the deluxe, just seemed like a no brainer

How many games do you have for it?

Currently 4, likely 10 by the end of thr year.

What is your favorite game on the system?

I like the Mario side scroller classics but its still ZombieU for originality.

What accessories do you own for it?

Just what it came with... Really want a pro controller though.

What game are you looking forward to the most?

Definitely Mario 3D world. Reminds me a lot of Mario 64 for some reason.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

1 -- 32GB launch day Deluxe set.

2 -- 12 games: COD Black Ops, COD Ghosts, Deus Ex Director's Cut, Wind Waker HD, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Resident Evil Revelations, Sonic Racing, Sonic Lost World, Splinter Cell, ZombiU.

3 -- Pikmin 3, hands down.

4 -- Two Wii remote/nunchuk combos, pro controller.

5 -- The new pseudo-unannounced Zelda game.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

Im enjoying the system, even with the slow start of games.

32 GB

I have 3 games, and 4 downloaded games

Wind waker HD remake

Pro controller and a few wii remotes

Bayo 2, 3D world, Smash among others

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

The black one 32GB came with Nintendo Land...also bought ZombiU & Tekken Tag 2 alongside it at launch.

At the moment 11 including Nintendo Land, not including Nintendo Land 10

None,range from ok to good, no favourites atm.

None already have 3x wiimote, 3x nunchucks & 2x pro controller from Wii

X from Monolith Soft

Gamepad usage is no wow...Can play in toilet that's about the only wow..I have TV to myself anyway so off screen play is no incentive to me. Besides ZombiU haven't seen anything great out of gamepad usage..its different, but doesn't add anything to a game. Sometimes it takes you out of the game it due to prompt telling you "look at gamepad". Just bummed DKC:TF got delayed till next yr & Nintendo seems to be neglecting it. Before the end of this year will be getting Sonic LW, Marvel Super Heroes Lego & Cat Mario 3D World. If not for Square Enix trying to screw Wii U owners over by charging more for Deus Ex, I wouldn't be getting Cat Mario 3D World. :P

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

32gb model

7- Nintendo Land, NSMBU, ZombiU, RE Rev, Blops 2, Injustice, and AC3

Fav is Nintendo Land- local multiplayer is too much fun

Just the stuff that came with the console, and a screen protector

I'm really looking forward to Mario 3D world, the next Zelda, and Smash 4

I rarely play it, music major+ girlfriend= 0 free time. I hardly played Blops and I literally haven't played RE, but I plan on playing them a lot over Thanksgiving. I will continue to build the library and play when i can- Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and WW HD are all future purchases that are already out.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts
    Deluxe.

7. Getting at least 3 more by year's end though. So it will be 10 by the time 2014 rolls around.

Pikmin 3. This title will probably go to Mario 3D World (assuming it turns out as good as it looks).

All of my Wii stuff: 4x wiimotes with motion+, 4 nunchucks, Balance board, 3xWii Classic Controller Pro.
    No Wii U accessories though (other than what came from the Deluxe box).

• What game are you looking forward to the most
    2013: Mario 3D World
    2014: Mario Kart 8 (or X)

General Comments:
It's an awesome system, which had a pretty slow start in terms of quality games, but enough to keep me playing. It seems to have recently hit a stride of decent games streaming in.

Most underrated feature is off-screen play. I went 6 months without using the TV at all. It's an awesome thing to keep watching TV while playing the Wii U. Sometimes it might just be easier to play on the gamepad without turning on the TV at all.

Notable mentions: General UI is nice using the touch pad (navigating menus such as eShop, or using the browser - which is quite fast). Gamepad use in Darksiders for a map, and Pikmin 3 for a map too, is a nice simple use for the second screen that works.

I could go on.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

• What model of the system do you have? - 32GB Deluxe
  • How many games do you have for it? - 11 retail/ 15~eShop (Virtual Console/Digital Download/eShop releases)
  • What is your favorite game on the system? The Wind Waker/ Arkham Origins
  • What accessories do you own for it? Wii U Pro Controller / Wii U USB charger/ 1TB HDD
  • What game are you looking forward to the most? Bayonetta 2

It has a ton of issues but still a fun console.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
said:

1. What model of the system do you have?
  2. How many games do you have for it?
  3. What is your favorite game on the system?
  4. What accessories do you own for it?
  5. What game are you looking forward to the most?

1. Model? I own two launch Wii Us, both Black 32GB.
  2. Games? New Super Mario U, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Nintendoland came with it...soon to be Mario 3D Land U.(So four going on five)
  3. Fave Game? New super Mario U, to be replaced perhaps by W101 when completed or Mario 3D U. As of this moment, it's my launch New Super Mario U as the winner.
  4. Accessories? None. No need, unless you count my old Wii Accessories, then I would say 4 Wii Motes with motion plus, four nun-chucks...rechargeable batteries? The Wii U Pro controller pad doesn't even have an earphone/headset jack? I know, right?
  5. Upcoming? 1st party exclusives and the occasional high quality 3rd party exclusive designed for Wii U and it's Tablet. This situation is playing out exactly as I expected, and my desire for games is like when I bought my launch N64, launch Gamecube, and launch Wii. Multiplatform games I'll buy elsewhere, just like the last three Nintendo consoles.

I knew what I was getting the day I decided to purchase a Wii U, before it had a name. I'm also buying the next one. I do want A true MARIO U, METROID U, and ZELDA U game (not WW, that's a $20 or less title to me, if ever), especially a new MARIO game. Not Mario 3D Land (which will be four player fun), but a Mario64/Sunshine/Galaxy in that vein game if you get my drift. Any surprises of course in the 1st party realm.

If it's 1st Party, it's highly likely I'll pick it up save for Animal Crossing, Wii U games (fit, play, resort, etc) and Pokemon.

The way Nintendo handles many things, including a simple thing like my Online ID is lame. Something simple like transferring my name back and forth between Wii Us, cannot be done (unless I want to call Nintendo and have them mess about with my Wii Us everytime, lol). I do it with my 360s and PS3s all the time. Factor in the slow UI, the weak battery, slow recharge time for the Tablet...it's not for everyone. I do love me some Nintendo game ideas, but engineering isn't their strong suit. Even the way headset support is handled, like buying a Pro controller but keeping the Tablet controller around to talk on a headset is unnecessarily tedious. Thankfully, the reason I bought one and remain proud of it is for the games that will slowly release over the next few years, almost entirely the single player and couch co op games.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

WiiU......lol

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

• What model of the system do you have? Basic
  • How many games do you have for it? 6 currently but i have purchased 10. Downloaded around 10 also
  • What is your favorite game on the system? Monster hunter tri U & W101
  • What accessories do you own for it? Pro Pad, CC Pro Pad, Wii Mote...
  • What game are you looking forward to the most? MH4 and Bayonetta 2
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

32gb Wind Waker Edition.

ZombiU

Nothing.

Bayonetta 2.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Don't have one but would like to purchase in the future if Nintendo gets its senses together. I've played it quite a bit at Best buy. It's got potential, but the problem right now is that it's still vastly overpriced and has very few games. If Nintendo can fix these issues it will become a viable alternative to the PS4 and Xbone for people on tight budgets.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Deluxe

ZombiU

Mario Bros. U + Luigi U

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

Nintendoland

Wind Waker HD

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Rayman Legends

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Trine 2

Pikmin 3

Pro Controller, 4 x wii plus motes

Monolith Soft's X

I love Nintendo games so there is no way I'd pass on one of their consoles. At the moment it has the most exciting lineup of any console and is getting by far the most use after my PC's.

KayJayMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KayJayMaster
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

The system itself sucks but the upcoming games are great

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

Personally, I don't think the Wii U is anywhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. It's got a very solid library of games (even though some of it's heavy-hitters aren't released yet) and a very unique set of features. But if you're for looking things really worth complaining about, here you go:

• The Wii U needs full Pro Controller Support for every game and App available to the system (in case that Gamepad is ever broken).
  • Nintendo TVii is way too sluggish. And what happened to TiVo support?
  • The Pro Controller does not have headphone jacks.
  • Incoming Wii Chat calls should have a better notification system and there should also be a way to suspend your activities to take a call.
  • Amazon Video's client App is horrible to navigate. They really need to re-write it (and take pointers from Netflix).
  • 3rd Party Wii Remotes will not work with the Wii U (they won't stay connected to the console).
  • The Wii U doesn't play DVDs or BluRay Discs.
  • Nintendo needs a unified account system for Nintendo IDs. THIS IS IMPORTANT! HEAR US, NINTENDO!

Ahem... Anyway, aside from all that, here's my answers to your questions:

8GB (Prefered the White color over the Black).

30 Games (41 if you count Virtual Console games).

Although I'm currently playing AC4 the most right now, ZombiU has left a lasting impression.

2 TB USB HDD, 3 Pro Controllers, 4 Wii Remotes, Console Stand and two Charging Cradles with an extra Gamepad AC Adapter.

Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario World 3D, X and ANYTHING pertaining to a new Metroid game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think the console is great. It didn't get much use for most of the year because there weren't enough games, but it's picking up the pace now.

I own the Deluxe version of the console.

I have Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, ZombiU, and The Wonderful 101.

The best game that I own is easily ZombiU. It's just a great game.

Wii Motion+ and nunchuks, Wii Fit board.

Super Mario 3D World, of course. I also might pick up Pikmin 3 if it is on sale after Thanksgiving.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Console is fantastic, I got plenty of burn thanks to Black Ops 2. Nowadays, I mostly play Starcraft 2 on PC.

Deluxe launch console with Nintendoland. Ironically, it looks like the Basic might end up being a better value.

Currently own Nintendoland, NSMBU, Black Ops 2, NBA 2k13, Just Dance 4, AC3, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Runner 2, NSLU, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, WWHD.

Favourite game is easily Rayman Legends, I've had a blast playing through the game

Wii Remote+, nunchucks, spare stylus, pro controllers (several broken thanks to COD rage).

Easily Super Mario 3D World. Currently have Mario Kart 8 preordered and might pick up Smash U.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I want Metroid Prime 4 and true WiiU Zelda...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

• 32 Gig Deluxe Model
  • Deus Ex: Directors Cut, Zombie U, Black Ops 2, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2, Wind Waker HD, Nintendo land and some others.
  • Zombie U probably has been.
  • None
  • Super Mario 3D Wolrd. 3D land was great and world looks to be even better.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It's a great console and i knew when i purchased it that i'd very likely be using it mostly for first party exclusives.

1. 32gig Deluxe
  2. Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Arkham City, Assassins Creed 3 and ZombiU
  3. ZombiU exlcusive wise.
  4. The stuff that came with it.
  5. Monoliths "X"
TheKazfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheKazfather
Member since 2013 • 193 Posts

Easily the worst console I've ever bought. Nothing but flops and rehashes. :lol::lol::lol:

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I truly love my Wii U at this point. It has a steady library of games coming and by the end of 2014, I should have a library of at least 11 quality games. It's still the most appealing next gen console at this point. I'm sure PS4 and Xbox one will evenually gain a stronger library, but for now, Wii U is the new system to own.

-I got the deluxe model at launch

-I currently have 5 games for it (Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3)

-obviously Pikmin 3 which is an easy forerunner for game of the year

-I have one pro controller

-I'm looking forward to Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze the most. Returns was the best platformer of the generation and one of the best games of the gen period.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#31  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@TheKazfather said:

Easily the worst console I've ever bought. Nothing but flops and rehashes. :lol::lol::lol:

Agreed. Awful console.

Now Sony, makes excellent consoles with world class exclusives. Thanks Sony.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts
  • Zelda WW Deluxe edition
  • Just Wind Waker and Monster Hunter Tri
  • Wind Waker
  • Pro controller
  • X, whenever that comes out

I'm happy enough with it. Too much of a Zelda fan to let that Wind Waker bundle pass me by. I've got quite a few Wii games to catch up on as well being that I never owned a Wii and I have plenty to look forward to. I honestly feel like I'll get way more out of Nintendo than Sony or Microsoft this gen.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#33 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

But for those of you who bought Nintendo's newest home console, what do you think about the system? What are your expectations from it? What do you expect going forwards?

I really like the Wii U. It's small, simple, and has a great controller. My main complaint, the Operating System, is getting better with each patch, so it's much more enjoyable than it was on day 1. I buy Nintendo consoles for the exclusives that it will eventually have. Should 3rd parties come to the system, that's just icing on the cake.

• I have the Deluxe model
  • 10 retail games, 3 eShop games, 8 virtual console games
  • I can't pinpoint a single "favorite", but favorites include: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Mass Effect 3, and Pikmin 3
  • That I bought for the Wii U in particular? Two pro controllers. I have plenty of peripherals for Wii that are compatible with Wii U.
  • Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong: TF, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I just got my Wii U yesterday, it was a hassle to get things going. Hooked up my internet connection, then tried updating and it kept failing because it freaked out over 3/5 bars, so I moved my wireless modem a lot closer for full strength, took 40 minutes to do the first update. Once that was done though I got my network ID set up, registered with Miiverse, started playing games...

It's pretty fun, I dabble in some New Super Mario/Luigi U which came with the console, then popped in Wind Waker HD to play the rest of the night, the gamepad holds a decently long charge which was surprising, I have the volume up on it and play off the gamepad screen instead of the TV and I've had lots of fun so far, the off TV play is great feature so I can watch TV while playing games pretty easy, the gamepad has a nice big beautiful sharp screen that makes it every bit as good as playing on a TV.

The Miiverse is great too, it's like a Wii U forum with communities for all the games. Really easy to access and it has in-game features like in Super Mario/Luigi U you can leave tips for other players you see around the game world map, some will be stuck you can leave tips about the level for other gamers or ask for help. Wind Waker you can toss bottles and leave tips for other players and get them too.

It has the games I want to play like Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and I'll give New Super Mario/Luigi U a shot. Looking forward to Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and anything else on the horizon.

Of course, I got this not as a primary next gen console, more like a supplemental console and the Wii U had games I wanted, and I want either an X1 or PS4, can't decide figured I'd just wait and see how each launch goes, in the meantime I can enjoy my Wii U while I see how people like the games and features for either system or what technical issues plague each systems users.

Anyhow, to fulfill TC's question:
-I got the 32GB Deluxe Black console that came with New Super Mario/Luigi U on one disc
-I ordered Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 with it but I've only played Wind Waker HD so far
-I have Mario 3D World Pre-ordered
-I'm most looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and Bayonetta 2
-I have no accessories with it, unless you count a 3DS, which has some kind of connection feature I'm not sure what that is

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35  Edited By scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I really love the console itself. The OS is a pleasure to use since the speed update earlier this year and the browser is absolutely incredible for a console.

• 32GB Original Deluxe Bundle
  • 7 retail, 4 virtual console
  • Excluding WWHD, probably Pikmin 3
  • 1 Wii Remote+, 2 Wii Remotes w/WM+ adapter and a Gold Classic Controller Pro
  • Smash. X looks amazing, but we don't really know much about it. Hopefully MK8 will be good, there hasn't been a good console MK for 10 years now. MK7 makes me optimistic.
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@AtariKidX: lol PS4

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

Why don't you post this on the wii board instead.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Deluxe Nintendoland

3 disk, 4 digital

Mighty Switch Force

Pro Controller

As far as real video games that have titles, Mario 3D World

Additional Comments:

Yo I think they should have games on the Wii U

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Deluxe, because lol white/basic model.
6. 5 phyiscal, one eShop.
I really can't choose between ZombiU, Pikmin 3, and NSMBU.Just the Wii U Pro Controller.
Super Mario 3D World by far.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

I've got the deluxe set, like most. I still have only a handful of games for it, the best one probably being Pikmin.

And what future title is most anticipated? Between Tropical Freeze, Mario 3DW, MK8, and Smash 4, I really can't choose.

Of course, the Wii U has been struggling in sales (thanks to inadequate advertising and high launch price), and it does have it's flaws, but it already has a few must-have games, and there are more to come next year.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

-Wind Waker Deluxe bundle

-3(WWHD,New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U,Pikmin 3)

-WW(haven't started Pikmin 3 yet)

-Didn't buy any extra so far

-Super Mario 3D World ,SSBU

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the-lone-gamer
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

you dont even own a Wii U, what do you care? Or are you trying to find a reason to justify making a purchase? lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

I don't care the Wii has struggled or is struggling. So did the 3DS and the Gamecube and I loooove those systems. Pfffft popularity, never cared about that when purchasing a system.

I'm enjoying the system a lot, but the controllers use has ranged from entirely unnecessary to great (zombiu) to annoying/distracting at times (NSMBU). I expect a lot of nintendo exclusives going forward, that is the reason I get nintendo systems. They always have great exclusives. I would like some new IP but I'm also very happy they give attention to old IP: NSMB is a huge throwback to 2D Mario games, DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze continue the DKC series, which I love. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds seems like another throwback to 2D Zelda games, while the WiiU will probably continue the 3D series and add new things.

1) I own the 32GB Deluxe model. I bought the Mario and Luigi pack that came out last week. At that point the WiiU was great value for me.

2) I also have the Wind Waker HD and ZombiU. Got ZombiU for cheap and I'm really enjoying the game and what it does with the gamepad. On one hand I'm happy I got it for cheap, on the other it's a shame the game flopped and there won't be a sequel.

3) Currently I think ZombiU, but I really haven't played enough other games to say for sure. Haven't even begun playing Zelda, but WW is by far my favourite Gamecube game.

4) Nothing yet, but I'll be getting a Pro Controller soon. Hopefully it's easy to connect to PC as well, because I love the nintendo D-pad and it would be perfect for 2D platformers on PC.

5) Alongside the Pro controller I'll be getting Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 soon. I loved 3D Land on the 3DS so 3D Wolds is looking fantastic as well. But I'm most looking forward to Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

I also really want to see more of Yarn Yoshi and the Zelda game they are making, though I'm sure we'll get to see those next year.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

My brother owns a wii u, doesnt really get used much though.

That said, this is subject to change this winter where I am getting about 5 games for it.

New Super Mario Bros U is my fave game on it, and Project X is my most hyped game. We own no accessories for it.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

• What model of the system do you have? The black launch edition that came with Nintendoland.
  • How many games do you have for it? Nintendoland and ZombiiU, the games I purchased when I picked it up last Christmas.
  • What is your favorite game on the system? I guess ZombiiU, but I since I've only played 2 games on it, that's not saying much.
  • What accessories do you own for it? Just the old Nintendo Wiimotes/nunchucks I owned before.
  • What game are you looking forward to the most? None whatsoever.

I really regret buying the WiiU, honestly. The only thing I use it for is for watching Netflix or Youtube while I'm cooking or doing something else. It's like a really limited tablet. Buying it was a big mistake in my case, since I don't really care for most 1st party Nintendo games. I just like to have all the consoles, I guess. Not that it's used for anything game related.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I have the 32gig Deluxe

I have SuperMario Bros U, DarkSiders2 and Lego City

Looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and project X, if I keep the console that long.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#47  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The build quality seems fine. The interface is fine. The controller works fine. The entire system seems fine. To hear the people discredit the Wii U time and again is disheartening. It does get to you. When I bought it I was genuinely surprised that the console is pretty great. I have the Zelda one, with 3 other games. (Nintendoland, which is actually good, Rayman: Legends and Wonderful 101.) and I plan to at least buy Mario Kart, Smash Bros and the new Super Mario World. Oh and Bayonetta 2 of course.

It's funny that people berate the Wii U for not being powerful enough(?). I own a gaming PC so for me the PS3/PS4/Wii-U/Xbox360/Xone systems are all kinda the same visually in that they won't look as good as my PC games anyway. That the PS4 or Xone is 100x more powerful is like zero incentive for me to buy them. And the art in the Nintendo games is so good that the games manage to look impressive at times, and most importantly everything visually fits the games. Nintendo is pretty good at creating harmony in their games aesthetically.

As for your other questions. My favorite game is the Windwaker HD remake even though I played it before. It's still a great game, the changes they made all make sense, and it was totally worth the price. I put like 40 more hours into that game so suck it haters.
I'm looking forward to Mario Kart the most because I loved the motion controls of Mario Kart Wii and I liked playing that game online. I am hoping that they implement the same controls with the new controller, it would feel even better.
And I don't have any accessories except the Wii-mote+s and nunchucks.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I bought the deluxe model on launch day and still today I regret ever buying that pile of shit. I honestly believe I wasted my money.

The controller is a piece of shit gimmick. It cant even do multi touch inputs for Christ sake. The UI is clunky and unintuitive that feels like its 10 years behind even the most basic of touch screen devices today. The battery life is god awful so I basically have to keep it plugged in all the time. It serves no real purpose for anything at all just like the wiimote waggle didn't actually do anything to make any games better.

The games are for shit. Its Nintendo so they license anyone who wants to throw any crap shovelware game on the system, the other good games are just ports of last gen games we beat years ago, the rest is pitiful franchise sequels and spinoffs.

The online aspect is the worst in the industry. PC, ps3, vita, 360 beat the wiiu in terms of online by a country mile.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

@Gargus: I don't believe you sir.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I bought a basic model with a 500gb usb drive at launch. I have 4 games. My favorite is madden 13 because the touchscreen is pretty revolutionary for pre-snap adjustments so in my opinion it was the best version.

What I want to see is more games and more people online. Otherwise its a good system.