Wii haters have a poor long-term memory...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 camzaman
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts

For all the fanboys attributing Wii's success to the price, remember Gamecube was significantly lower than both PS2 and Xbox until the very end of its lifecycle.  Face it, people buy Wii because it's awesome, and has lots of fun games.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

funny, i remember when gamecube fanboys liked to praise their system cause it had great graphics

then all of a sudden............you know the rest :lol: 

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts

funny, i remember when gamecube fanboys liked to praise their system cause it had great graphics

Gears360
Remember when cows used to praise games... now what? nothing.
superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 superkoolstud
Member since 2004 • 2800 Posts
they only thing in there near future is MGS4 which will prolly come out next year. Then the US version of FFXIII the year after that.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"]

OGTiago

lol, yeah SW is full of hypocrites. Lemmings have always been spoiled with good grphx. Sony fans JUST now get a system on top with graphics.  And Nintendo fanboys finally get an inferior system....

jjj13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 jjj13
Member since 2005 • 2399 Posts
Not too many good games execpt for Mario.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
[QUOTE="OGTiago"][QUOTE="Gears360"]

Japanese_Monk

lol, yeah SW is full of hypocrites. Lemmings have always been spoiled with good grphx. Sony fans JUST now get a system on top with graphics.  And Nintendo fanboys finally get an inferior system....

Yet Lemmings always said "We don't need JRPG games", and now with Blue Dragon...

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

Gears360

gamecube had better graphics than ps2.

in response to this:"For all the fanboys attributing Wii's success to the price, remember Gamecube was significantly lower than both PS2 and Xbox until the very end of its lifecycle.  Face it, people buy Wii because it's awesome, and has lots of fun games."

what fun games are there that really use the innovation besides wario ware and wii sports?

i don't hate the wii, it just needs more cool innovative games to impress me. 

mpalacio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mpalacio
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
This conclusion is absolutely ridiculous; I mean............what was I talking about? Hold on, I forgot. I'll be back.
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

For all the fanboys attributing Wii's success to the price, remember Gamecube was significantly lower than both PS2 and Xbox until the very end of its lifecycle.  Face it, people buy Wii because it's awesome, and has lots of fun games.

camzaman

I own both a GC and a Wii.  I just wanted to say that there is a huge difference between the GC being like $100 cheaper than the competition and my being able to buy the Wii and two games and still be less than the real 360, before taxes and with zero games.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts

camzaman

People buy Wii because Nintendo has artifically lowered their standards, enraptured their attention with 20 year old nostalgic franchises, and expanded the market to a user base who expects (and will recieve) little more than a toy capable of providing only the most shallow and base forms of entertainment.

Face it, Nintendo has offered a vastly inferior product this generation, at an absurd price, and has attempted to limit the functionality of gaming at your expense.  Their "next-gen" franchise titles are little more than the mediocre extension of marketing icon driven gameplay.  Good games will become increasingly scarce as Nintendo gains its new audience and begins publishing more content to meet their demands.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
I would of agreed, but after reading the part "lots of fun games":?. It has yet to reach that claim this year.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

For all the fanboys attributing Wii's success to the price, remember Gamecube was significantly lower than both PS2 and Xbox until the very end of its lifecycle. Face it, people buy Wii because it's awesome, and has lots of fun games.

camzaman
No it wasn't.  At this point last gen, the diffrence was $50
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Wii is a rip-off for the hardware.... and you'd have to be stupid to think it's just selling because of the price. It's comparatively cheaper and has a new controller innovative controller that people want.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

camzaman

There is absolutely unequivically no logical reason for Wii's success.  Gamecube $100 cheaper in its debut compared to PS2 and Xbox...didn't help it one bit!  Great software...didn't help it one bit! N64 had a different controller...didn't help it one bit!  So Wii has WORSE graphics and a different controller, many horrific games, and it sells like hotcakes??  There is no logical reason for Wii's success.  The videogame industry's ebb and flow is apparently completely random.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Wii is a rip-off for the hardware.... and you'd have to be stupid to think it's just selling because of the price. It's comparatively cheaper and has a new controller innovative controller that people want.Lazy_Boy88

And people didn't want analog when N64 debuted?  Apparently not...didn't help Nintendo one bit to release an analog conrtroller and the very 1st true 3D console game alongside it.  Better graphics and cheaper too the N64 was.  Didn't help at all against PlayStation.  Like I said, Wii's success this gen MAKES NO SENSE!

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
[QUOTE="camzaman"]

For all the fanboys attributing Wii's success to the price, remember Gamecube was significantly lower than both PS2 and Xbox until the very end of its lifecycle. Face it, people buy Wii because it's awesome, and has lots of fun games.

pins_basic
No it wasn't.  At this point last gen, the diffrence was $50

The difference is, technically, still $50. :) Wii - $250 360 Core - $300
Koopaknight29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Koopaknight29
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="camzaman"]

FoamingPanda

People buy Wii because Nintendo has artifically lowered their standards, enraptured their attention with 20 year old nostalgic franchises, and expanded the market to a user base who expects (and will recieve) little more than a toy capable of providing only the most shallow and base forms of entertainment.

Face it, Nintendo has offered a vastly inferior product this generation, at an absurd price, and has attempted to limit the functionality of gaming at your expense.  Their "next-gen" franchise titles are little more than the mediocre extension of marketing icon driven gameplay.  Good games will become increasingly scarce as Nintendo gains its new audience and begins publishing more content to meet their demands.

Sadly, that's how the world of business works. That is what the PS2 did and look at its success.

According to you though, at least for us sheep we can still enjoy our little gamestation a little longer without worrying about the reprecussions for a while.

Nintendo is Nintendo and will usually try to do something different, even if it is taking a step back to take a different road.

Don't be so pessemistic about it, if anything this is good for Sony and Microsoft for its giving them a swift boot in the rear to start pulling out all the stops.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts

Not too many good games execpt for Mario.jjj13

You fail, WW is AAA 

Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
[QUOTE="camzaman"]

FoamingPanda

Face it, Nintendo has offered a vastly inferior product this generation, at an absurd price, and has attempted to limit the functionality of gaming at your expense. Their "next-gen" franchise titles are little more than the mediocre extension of marketing icon driven gameplay. Good games will become increasingly scarce as Nintendo gains its new audience and begins publishing more content to meet their demands.

Right so tell me why the DS is selling well again?
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
[QUOTE="camzaman"]

FoamingPanda

That could be applied to ALL the systems.