Wii finally picking up speed...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
I waited on launch day for 14 hours to get a Wii. I have bought 5 games for my Wii (zelda, resi evil 4, paper mario, trauma center and monkey ball, all fun games), and I have enjoyed it since I've had it. However, I agree with most people when they say that the wii is lacking in the truly great games department. For the longest time I've felt that I could be having a lot more fun and somewhat more meaningful gaming experience if I had a 360 along with or instead of my Wii, and it's kind of made me a little forlorn.

Things seem to be changing for me now, as I see a list of new releases that look awesome and further support of on-line (even though I know it will always pale in comparison to a pay service like Live). I was wondering if anyone else felt this way. Is anyone else out there like me, an early Wii adopter who is starting to feel like his purchase was very well worth it?
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

There are lots of good games coming out.

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Mario Kart: Wii
Fatal Frame 4
Mushroom Men, might be good
Pikmin 3 will come eventually
Animal Crossing Wii will also come eventually
Super Mario Galaxy, which will be the best game ever
Super Smash Brothers Brawl, with a 2 month delay this game will be overflowing with features

All of them exclusive.

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 drewtwo99

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4
Super Smash Brothers Brawl, with a 2 month delay this game will be overflowing with features

All of them exclusive.

sexy_chimp

Yeah it's lists like that which make me so happy to own a Wii nowadays

d_black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 d_black
Member since 2004 • 1538 Posts
I sold my Wii. The lineup this year was dominated with; Sequal, rehash, port. I do plan on picking one up again in a couple of years if it seems woorth it.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

You NEED Metroid Prime 3.

Just imagine an epic First Person Shooter with intelligent puzzles, lovely visuals, and the best FPS controls on any console.

It's not at all like Half Life 2, but appeals to the same senses.

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 drewtwo99

Just imagine an epic First Person Shooter with intelligent puzzles, lovely visuals, and the best FPS controls on any console.

Lilac_Benjie

Thanks for the recommendation Benjie :) I'll look into it when I have more cash. Speaking of half-life 2 I just spent 50 bucks on orange box hehehehe.

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
I expected things to turn out like this about 8 months ago.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

drewtwo99

Thanks for the recommendation Benjie :) I'll look into it when I have more cash. Speaking of half-life 2 I just spent 50 bucks on orange box hehehehe.

Hey drew! :)

I've already played Half Life 2, but I'm picking up the Orange Box with my next purchase. I really want to see how Episode 2 turns out. :)

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 drewtwo99

I expected things to turn out like this about 8 months ago.Pangster007

Yeah I never had any inclination to sell my Wii; I've always believed in its viability. However, not until recently have I been really happy to own one.

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4

All of them exclusive.

sexy_chimp

... :|

Ninja Bread Man? Hello?

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Heres my opinion:

The wii's lineup is crap. PERIOD. compared to the 360 and ps3's lineup, it is just crap. now, here is what is going on.

You as a wii only gamer, look at it's upcoming lineup, and you manage to convince yourself that the lineup is accually. good. there are some games in there. But tis all just a psychological matter really. You think and therefore you are. while the wii has sucked it up and will continue to suck for some months to come (excluding mario and brawl) you unconsciously convince yourself that the wii is "picking up speed" when it is still gettting trounced.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sexy_chimp

Heres my opinion:

The wii's lineup is crap. PERIOD. compared to the 360 and ps3's lineup, it is just crap. now, here is what is going on.

You as a wii only gamer, look at it's upcoming lineup, and you manage to convince yourself that the lineup is accually. good. there are some games in there. But tis all just a psychological matter really. You think and therefore you are. while the wii has sucked it up and will continue to suck for some months to come (excluding mario and brawl) you unconsciously convince yourself that the wii is "picking up speed" when it is still gettting trounced.

JPOBS

Yep, listen to this guys opinion on what games he likes. Obviously what he likes is what you like.

Seriously JPOBS, just shut up now.

Yours_is_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yours_is_green
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts

Heres my opinion:

JPOBS

Hey, I own a 360 and a wii and I think quite a few of those games are gonna be great. Your theory is wrong.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

sexy_chimp

Yep, listen to this guys opinion on what games he likes. Obviously what he likes is what you like.

Funny, I don't recall ever implying that what i like and what you like are universal entities.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

JPOBS

Funny, I don't recall ever implying that what i like and what you like are universal entities.

Your implying that its impossible for him to like the Wii's lineup unless he has some sort of mental illness.

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drewtwo99
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

JPOBS

Also, I'm not just a Wii gamer. I also have a very nice gaming PC and enjoy the latest and greatest PC titles. So, yeah, I know what a good game line-up is. You wanna talk about AAA(E)'s or AA(E)'s or great game line-ups and the PC "trounces" both the 360 and PS3 combined.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

sexy_chimp

Your implying that its impossible for him to like the Wii's lineup unless he has some sort of mental illness.

Ummm...no. Obviously, you've never taken a psychology course.I didnt even come close to implying a mental illness. Basically what i said was that he thinks the wii is picking up speed because he changed his cognivitve thinking to match his actions. He has bought a wii and only a wii. Over time, his thought processing has changed to the point where he sees the the good in the console because thats what he choses to see. Its only natural .
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JPOBS

Also, I'm not just a Wii gamer. I also have a very nice gaming PC and enjoy the latest and greatest PC titles. So, yeah, I know what a good game line-up is. You wanna talk about AAA(E)'s or AA(E)'s or great game line-ups and the PC "trounces" both the 360 and PS3 combined.

drewtwo99
congratulations.
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

I sold my Wii. The lineup this year was dominated with; Sequal, rehash, port. I do plan on picking one up again in a couple of years if it seems woorth it.d_black

Lol, if you don't own a wii, then you should just may as well give up gaming all together.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

JPOBS

Ummm...no. Obviously, you've never taken a psychology course.I didnt even come close to implying a mental illness. Basically what i said was that he thinks the wii is picking up speed because he changed his cognivitve thinking to match his actions. He has bought a wii and only a wii. Over time, his thought processing has changed to the point where he sees the the good in the console because thats what he choses to see. Its only natural .

Okay. Self-owned there. He owns a PC.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts
Nintendo overall is picking up the pace, making even better games than from launch. I'm glad I stuck through with the Wii cause now its gonna start to pay off, not to mention Zelda: PH is one of the greatest games I've ever played (next to tales of symphonia, Fire emblem, Super Metroid, etc.) the Wii can only get better and better, same with the DS. More stock, more 3rd pary support, more Brawl!!
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

like everyone said, just like the ds. a slow first start but a year later BAM! a but load of grate games:D

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
The Wii does have a nice line up, but you'll be hard pressed to get most people in SW to agree with you.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts

I sold my Wii. The lineup this year was dominated with; Sequal, rehash, port. I do plan on picking one up again in a couple of years if it seems woorth it.d_black

your loss, i guess.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JPOBS

Okay. Self-owned there. He owns a PC.

sexy_chimp
ok :|
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6611 Posts
How do you not own Metroid Prime 3? Come on now.
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
How do you not own Metroid Prime 3? Come on now.p3anut
By living outside the U.S.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

Heres my opinion:

JPOBS

And you as a Wii hater, just look at its line up and call it a piece of crap, its this thing called fanboyism.

ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 ImError88
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

JPOBS

I would hope that people only see the good in ANYTHING, not the bad. I don't need to tell myself that the Wii is fun for me, cause ever since Day 1 it was. And TC likes the Wii because of all of the good games it has. Why pay attention to the bad?

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4

All of them exclusive.

sexy_chimp

Glad to own a wii.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lilac_Benjie

[QUOTE="p3anut"]How do you not own Metroid Prime 3? Come on now.DaAznSaN
By living outside the U.S.

I live in the UK. Owning an NTSC Wii is sweet.

1. Play Manhunt 2.
  2. Get games months in advance.
  3. It's cheaper to import new games from the states than it is to buy them in the UK. :)
metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4

All of them exclusive.

leegar88

Glad to own a wii.

True that man cant wait for the next F-Zero on the Wii to and Disaster looks real interesting being from Nintendo and all.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
The Wii is amazing! :D
Watersage64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Watersage64
Member since 2006 • 276 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

goodlay

And you as a Wii hater, just look at its line up and call it a piece of crap, its this thing called fanboyism.

Actually it this crazy thing called a *GASP* opinion! And get this! If someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't automatically render them a fanboy! I know, you sheeps' worlds must be crumbling from this news! It's super crazy!

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4

All of them exclusive.

leegar88

Glad to own a wii.

Psh, Chimp must be a Wii-Hater

How could he leave out Trauma Center 2, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: the Crystal Bearers, and Oboro Muramasa.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4

All of them exclusive.

tbone29

Glad to own a wii.

Psh, Chimp must be a Wii-Hater

How could he leave out Trauma Center 2, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: the Crystal Bearers, and Oboro Muramasa.

Well actually I only listed games I was interested in. I might look at Trauma Cetner and Oboro Murasama though.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I bought mine in August right before MP3 was released so I was happy. I've bought games since then and I'm still happy. I will buy the new games and contimue to be happy with it. Someone may convince that my system isn't very good but they're never going to convince me that I'm not having fun with it.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tbone29

Well actually I only listed games I was interested in. I might look at Trauma Cetner and Oboro Murasama though.

sexy_chimp

I'll let you slide THIS time Chimp.. but only because the Wii's lineup is so vast, it's simply hard to list all of the promising titles :P

Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

tbone29

I'll let you slide THIS time Chimp.. but only because the Wii's lineup is so vast, it's simply hard to list all of the promising titles :P

i still say we gut him for leaving out oboro. >_>

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Yeah Wii is getting better.
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

Lilac_Benjie

Now don't stone me, but I found MP3 to be very.....tedious. I bought it on day one and I just couldnt get myself to like it, I liked the first one but I am not the kind of person who can force myself to play a game.

I have honestly started to consider selling my Wii, I used to love it and games like RE4:Wii were the reasons why. I guess I am too much of a hardcore gamer to get into it. Then again, every time that I sell a console it always comes back and bites me in the tushie. Every time.

I guess Im just stuck.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

StealthedRogue

Now don't stone me, but I found MP3 to be very.....tedious. I bought it on day one and I just couldnt get myself to like it, I liked the first one but I am not the kind of person who can force myself to play a game.

I have honestly started to consider selling my Wii, I used to love it and games like RE4:Wii were the reasons why. I guess I am too much of a hardcore gamer to get into it. Then again, every time that I sell a console it always comes back and bites me in the tushie. Every time.

I guess Im just stuck.

I think selling your console in the first year is a very dumb idea. The 360 didn't speed up till the end of its first year, and the Wii seems to be doing the same thing. The Wii also has a bright future.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

Did you read my thread?

I expected things to turn out like this about 8 months ago.Pangster007

Agreed.

distrbdslipsoad

Agreed, but just wondering have any of you guys who hype that game played Odin Sphere? (the game it takes influence on)

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tbone29

Did you read my thread?

[QUOTE="Pangster007"]I expected things to turn out like this about 8 months ago.Gunraidan

Agreed.

distrbdslipsoad

Agreed, but just wondering have any of you guys who hype that game played Odin Sphere? (the game it takes influence on)

I was gonna get it last week, but I didn't want to spend the money just yet :?

yaceka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 yaceka
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

tbone29

Then I shall do it for you! *laughs crazily while copying and pasting in my Wii line up list*

Current Good Games:
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Trama Center: Second Opinion
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Excite Truck (Fun multiplayer mode)
Sonic and the Secret Rings
SSX Blur
Elebits
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Wii Sports
Dewy's Adventure (I rented it and had a ton of fun, although controls take some getting used to)

Rest of 2007:
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Battalion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy
Trama Center: New Blood
NiGHTs: Journey Into Dreams
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Guitar Hero 3
Manhunt 2
Soul Caliber Legends
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Medal of Honor Heroes 2

2008/2009:
Dragon Quest Swords
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Kirby Wii
Endless Ocean
Oboro Muramasa
De Blob
No More Heroes
Mushroom Men
WiiFit (meh)
Red Steel 2
Opoona
Saddness
Tales of Symphonia 2
Kings Story/Project O
Fatal Frame 4
Monster Hunter 3
Doctor Mario Wii (WiiWare game)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land (WiiWare game)
Wii Music
Pikmin 3 (unannounced, but rumored)
Animal Crossing Wii (unannounced, but rumored)
God Game (unnamed)

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

No More Heroes
King Story
Batallion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fatal Frame 4

All of them exclusive.

metroidprime_1

Glad to own a wii.

True that man cant wait for the next F-Zero on the Wii to and Disaster looks real interesting being from Nintendo and all.

Yeah F zero on wii will be great and disaster also looks pretty decent so far.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 leegar88
[QUOTE="tbone29"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

yaceka

Then I shall do it for you! *laughs crazily while copying and pasting in my Wii line up list*

Current Good Games:
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Trama Center: Second Opinion
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Excite Truck (Fun multiplayer mode)
Sonic and the Secret Rings
SSX Blur
Elebits
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Wii Sports
Dewy's Adventure (I rented it and had a ton of fun, although controls take some getting used to)

Rest of 2007:
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Battalion Wars 2
Zack and Wiki
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy
Trama Center: New Blood
NiGHTs: Journey Into Dreams
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Guitar Hero 3
Manhunt 2
Soul Caliber Legends
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Medal of Honor Heroes 2

2008/2009:
Dragon Quest Swords
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Kirby Wii
Endless Ocean
Oboro Muramasa
De Blob
No More Heroes
Mushroom Men
WiiFit (meh)
Red Steel 2
Opoona
Saddness
Tales of Symphonia 2
Kings Story/Project O
Fatal Frame 4
Monster Hunter 3
Doctor Mario Wii (WiiWare game)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land (WiiWare game)
Wii Music
Pikmin 3 (unannounced, but rumored)
Animal Crossing Wii (unannounced, but rumored)
God Game (unnamed)

I think that about covers it good job.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

Heres my opinion:

goodlay

If thats how you feel.
daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
Thing is, the most anticipated games this generation are sequals/ports/rehashes ...
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I can honestly say that any doubt I ever had about my decision to buy a Wii has been erased by the Q4 2007 lineup. It is sweet, even without Smash. Then I look at the 2008 lineup, I look at the WiiWare lineup upcoming, and I feel even happier. Like I've been saying for a while now, it's like the DS. A slow first year followed by an explosion of great games.