Wii fanboys, riddle me this:

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts

How is it justified to defend Wii's library of games with ports/remakes like SSX Blur and The Godfather, but when cows do this with PS3 or PSP it's unacceptable? The funniest thing is, some of these games you never would have hyped back on GC. I remember when MLB The Show scored AAA on PS2; sheep shouted "sports games:lol:" and yet it's okay to hype The PGA Tour and whatever Wii Baseball incarnations there are for your system?

Please, elaborate this some half-***** double-standard to me.

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
Who's hyping PGA? What wii baseball incarnation? What?
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
SSX Blur is a completely new game
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Wait... what?

Did I miss something here yesterday?
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
Double-standard?  I think you've got a bit of something in your eyes.  It goes both ways.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
SSX Blur a port? A baseball game? Hyping golf? What?
Flipnblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flipnblack
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts
You must talk to some sheep I've never seen. I have never seen PGA hype on these boards. Nobody is hyping Wii Sports. I don't know why you are calling them hypocrites for having fun :|
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 RacoonusDoodus
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
SSX Blur is a completely new gameOllivander
yeah but SSX isn't
nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts
That made absolutely no sense.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts

How is it justified to defend Wii's library of games with ports/remakes like SSX Blur and The Godfather, but when cows do this with PS3 or PSP it's unacceptable? The funniest thing is, some of these games you never would have hyped back on GC. I remember when MLB The Show scored AAA on PS2; sheep shouted "sports games:lol:" and yet it's okay to hype The PGA Tour and whatever Wii Baseball incarnations there are for your system?

Please, elaborate this some half-***** double-standard to me.

FrenziedRaldo24

Selfowned. SSX Blur is a new game.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
That made absolutely no sense.nytrospawn
Beat me to it.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
:? *slowly backs away and walks out of the thread*
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

[QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameRacoonusDoodus
yeah but SSX isn't

What? 

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Get this straight, all fanboys have double standards.

And yes,sheep should not comlain about psp when their own console is sharing half of what the psp is getting

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RacoonusDoodus

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameHomesrfan

yeah but SSX isn't

What?

ugh! the TC is saying when people say "teh ps3 only got ports or sequals or w/e" and SSX blur is a sequel. get it now?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
yeah but SSX isn't

But he is saying SSX Blur is a port/ remake when it is not a port or a remake, a port is when a game is made for a system and then ported after it was already released with little or no upgrades, and a Remake is remake an old game, Which SSX Blur is neither one, also Nintendo fans still hate the ports and rehashes on the Wii.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

People like Godfather and Blur because they both came up with unique, interesting, and fun ways to use the controller.  They might not be original releases (Though blur is kind of a remix of the last two SSX games) but they are good.  So atleast when we get quick cash-in ports... they're still somewhat interesting and more fun than the original... which is more than you can say about the first generation 360 ports.

And I for one hadn't bought any of the SSX games in the last generation, so Blur was quite a find to me.

Original games are coming in the fall, and the more Wii sells the more original games it will get. By this time next year we might be complaining how developers are having trouble porting Wii games over to 360/PS3. 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameNintendo_Ownes7
yeah but SSX isn't

But he is saying SSX Blur is a port/ remake when it is not a port or a remake, a port is when a game is made for a system and then ported after it was already released with little or no upgrades, and a Remake is remake an old game, Which SSX Blur is neither one, also Nintendo fans still hate the ports and rehashes on the Wii.

what!? yes it is! it's just ssx 3 and ssx on tour with a different character selection and new controls! that's it! trust me i'm a HUGE ssx fan and loved it from the beggining and i can honestly say ssx blur is just a remake of ssx 3 and ssx on tour
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameRacoonusDoodus
yeah but SSX isn't

what!? yes it is! it's just ssx 3 and ssx on tour with a different character selection and new controls! that's it! trust me i'm a HUGE ssx fan and loved it from the beggining and i can honestly say ssx blur is just a remake of ssx 3 and ssx on tour

Oh I never played SSX 3 or On Tour and I doubt I will buy Blur I didn't know it was a remake or not so I probably shouldn't of posted.
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameNintendo_Ownes7
yeah but SSX isn't

Oh I never played SSX 3 or On Tour and I doubt I will buy Blur I didn't know it was a remake or not so I probably shouldn't of posted.

that's okay.
MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MuereLoco
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameRacoonusDoodus
yeah but SSX isn't

No, SSX Blur is SSX Blur. 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RacoonusDoodus

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameMuereLoco

yeah but SSX isn't

OMFG i'm done arguing with you guys. you know the mountain in blur? that's from ssx 3. you know all the tracks in blur? they're from ssx 3 and on tour. even the overall style of blur is just like ssx 3 and on tour.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
you ever played golf on a gmes console like yoiu can on the Wii? thought not.
MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MuereLoco
[QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameRacoonusDoodus

yeah but SSX isn't

OMFG i'm done arguing with you guys. you know the mountain in blur? that's from ssx 3. you know all the tracks in blur? they're from ssx 3 and on tour. even the overall style of blur is just like ssx 3 and on tour.

But they're also on SSX Blur. That means they're from SSX blur. Kuu kuu kuu.

If you'r done arguing stop arguing. 

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
[QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameRacoonusDoodus

yeah but SSX isn't

you do know that was the whole point of the game, even before it was released they stated clearly they were taking the best tracks from previous games and adding in new ones. 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameMuereLoco

yeah but SSX isn't

But they're also on SSX Blur. That means they're from SSX blur. Kuu kuu kuu.

If you'r done arguing stop arguing.

ok maybe i'm not done arguing :oops:

my main point is that it's a remake. you can add minor things to a game if your remaking it to make it seem different but it's not it's the same. like take the character selection for example. they just took old charcters and added only 2 new ones to make it seem totally different. but the main core of the game is just the same 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameMitazaki

yeah but SSX isn't

you do know that was the whole point of the game, even before it was released they stated clearly they were taking the best tracks from previous games and adding in new ones.

EXACTLY THAT'S MY WHOLE POPINT IS THAT IT'S A REMAKE
Flipnblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flipnblack
[QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

yeah but SSX isn't

I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RahnAetas
Maybe they should have just put a 4 after the name instead of Blur.  Save on the confusion. 
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mitazaki
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameFlipnblack

yeah but SSX isn't

I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

they did and took the best ones from previous games to make SSX blur 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameFlipnblack

yeah but SSX isn't

true but they just added a few to make it seem like it was a totaslly new game to make wii owners buy it. but usually when a new ssx game comes out it's usually ALL new. i own all the ssx games (except blur, but i've played blur) and i could easily point out the difference and advancements in each game except for blur.
MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MuereLoco
[QUOTE="Flipnblack"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]SSX Blur is a completely new gameMitazaki

yeah but SSX isn't

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

yeah but SSX isn't

It's not a remake. it's SSX Blur. 

hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
Wait who's hyping what now? I think you might have had a dream about SW, which means you spend way too much time here.
Flipnblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flipnblack
[QUOTE="Flipnblack"]I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

Mitazaki

Well then there ya go, it isn't a remake.

If it were true, then Mario Kart DS would be a remake, as would Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Get this straight, all fanboys have double standards.

And yes,sheep should not comlain about psp when their own console is sharing half of what the psp is getting

Sonick54
lmfao the wii has to share with handhelds :lol:
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RacoonusDoodus

Maybe they should have just put a 4 after the name instead of Blur. Save on the confusion. RahnAetas
actually blur is the fifth game in the series

1. ssx

2. ssx tricky

3. ssx 3

4. ssx on tour

5. ssx blur 

mighty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37 mighty_shark
Member since 2005 • 1822 Posts
Erm...yes...indeed
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mitazaki
[QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"]I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

Flipnblack

If it were true, then Mario Kart DS would be a remake, as would Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

i never said it was a remake :P 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"]I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

Flipnblack

If it were true, then Mario Kart DS would be a remake, as would Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

riddle me this:

if they came out with a new mario kart for the wii with only a few (not very many) new tracks and 2 new characters and everything else (tracks and characters) be the same from the last game, would that be a remake or a sequel to you? because if you see that as a sequel, we obviously don't have the same opinions on what a remake is.

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RahnAetas

[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Maybe they should have just put a 4 after the name instead of Blur. Save on the confusion. RacoonusDoodus

1. ssx

2. ssx tricky

3. ssx 3

4. ssx on tour

5. ssx blur 

5, whatever =P 
I don't really want to get involved in the argument but it's not a port, but it is *sort* of a remake.  Remakes are like Super Mario 1,2 (Japanese), 2 (American), and 3 were remade with better graphics and thrown into a single cartridge, but the core of the game was *exactly* the same.  Same thing for the Final Fantasy remakes so far.  They didn't add anything new to the game. 

On the other hand you have something like the *New* Super Mario Brothers which is a new game entirely, even though it could be considered another remake of the orginal Super Mario Brothers.  Or Metriod Zero Mission, which was based off the original Metriod game, but with not only improved graphics, but changed some aspects of the original, filling it out more.  It's a remake, but might as well be considered an entirely new game.

The line is pretty blurry, but hey, in the end it has a different name, so I guess in that sense it can be considered a new game.

Flipnblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Flipnblack
[QUOTE="Flipnblack"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"]I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

RacoonusDoodus

riddle me this:

if they came out with a new mario kart for the wii with only a few (not very many) new tracks and 2 new characters and everything else (tracks and characters) be the same from the last game, would that be a remake or a sequel to you? because if you see that as a sequel, we obviously don't have the same opinions on what a remake is.

As I've said, I never played the game, I don't know how many new tracks were added. I was just basing it off of what they're telling me. I really have no idea about the contents of the game, myself.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Well apparently after the generation PS2 dominated in sales don't matter anymore?
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"]

[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Maybe they should have just put a 4 after the name instead of Blur. Save on the confusion. RahnAetas

1. ssx

2. ssx tricky

3. ssx 3

4. ssx on tour

5. ssx blur

5, whatever =P
I don't really want to get involved in the argument but it's not a port, but it is *sort* of a remake. Remakes are like Super Mario 1,2 (Japanese), 2 (American), and 3 were remade with better graphics and thrown into a single cartridge, but the core of the game was *exactly* the same. Same thing for the Final Fantasy remakes so far. They didn't add anything new to the game.

On the other hand you have something like the *New* Super Mario Brothers which is a new game entirely, even though it could be considered another remake of the orginal Super Mario Brothers. Or Metriod Zero Mission, which was based off the original Metriod game, but with not only improved graphics, but changed some aspects of the original, filling it out more. It's a remake, but might as well be considered an entirely new game.

The line is pretty blurry, but hey, in the end it has a different name, so I guess in that sense it can be considered a new game.

that is a good point. but to me, if new super mario brothers had different levels, different story, etc. it would be a sequel. but if it was just the same and moved to the DS with only a few changes, only a few, nothing major, to me that's a remake. but i only played new super mario bros. once on my friend's DS and only for like 10 minutes so i dunno much about it and i dunno if i'd consider it a remake or a sequel
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="Flipnblack"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"]I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

RacoonusDoodus

riddle me this:

I think the word your looking for in this instance is remix or rehash and yes fanboys are extremely hypocritical. 

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"][QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"]

[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Maybe they should have just put a 4 after the name instead of Blur. Save on the confusion. RacoonusDoodus

1. ssx

2. ssx tricky

3. ssx 3

4. ssx on tour

5. ssx blur

5, whatever =P
I don't really want to get involved in the argument but it's not a port, but it is *sort* of a remake. Remakes are like Super Mario 1,2 (Japanese), 2 (American), and 3 were remade with better graphics and thrown into a single cartridge, but the core of the game was *exactly* the same. Same thing for the Final Fantasy remakes so far. They didn't add anything new to the game.

On the other hand you have something like the *New* Super Mario Brothers which is a new game entirely, even though it could be considered another remake of the orginal Super Mario Brothers. Or Metriod Zero Mission, which was based off the original Metriod game, but with not only improved graphics, but changed some aspects of the original, filling it out more. It's a remake, but might as well be considered an entirely new game.

that is a good point. but to me, if new super mario brothers had different levels, different story, etc. it would be a sequel. but if it was just the same and moved to the DS with only a few changes, only a few, nothing major, to me that's a remake. but i only played new super mario bros. once on my friend's DS and only for like 10 minutes so i dunno much about it and i dunno if i'd consider it a remake or a sequel

so if ssx had new tracks, more new characters, etc. it would be a sequel. but it was just moved to the wii with only a few, only a few, nothing major, to me that's a remake. and that is what i base my opinion on.
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RacoonusDoodus
[QUOTE="RacoonusDoodus"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"]I may be mistaken because I don't have the game butttt don't they add NEW tracks in Blur that aren't in other SSX games?

tomarlyn

riddle me this:

I think the word your looking for in this instance is remix or rehash and yes fanboys are extremely hypocritical.

remake, rehash, remix, w/e there all the same. you should know what i mean.

and were you calling me a fanboy or just saying fanboys are hypocritical 

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Well, this was completely useless.
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RacoonusDoodus
Well, this was completely useless.OhhSnap50893
nothing on SW is useful
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

How is it justified to defend Wii's library of games with ports/remakes like SSX Blur and The Godfather, but when cows do this with PS3 or PSP it's unacceptable? The funniest thing is, some of these games you never would have hyped back on GC. I remember when MLB The Show scored AAA on PS2; sheep shouted "sports games:lol:" and yet it's okay to hype The PGA Tour and whatever Wii Baseball incarnations there are for your system?

Please, elaborate this some half-***** double-standard to me.

FrenziedRaldo24

Sports games were all the same before the Wii. We only defend ports that have been done well unlike most of the Ubisoft library. Anything else?

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
yeah but SSX isn't

Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 3, Forza 2, Dead or Alive 4 and stuff, man the world is filled with sequels.