Wii aside....360 will dominate 08'

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mouthpeace01
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts

wii will get the majority of hardware/games sold due to its pricing

so....

PS3 and 360 will go head to head again for the non nintendo markets

and this time the clear leader will be 360 while the PS3 tries to overtake the competition

----------------non exclusives

GTA4

R6: V2

Burnout Paradise

EA Sports Titles

2k Sports Titles

Soul Blade 4

DMC

CHRONICLES of RIDDICK next gen project

some of the bigger titles in gaming imo but not much of a variety

EXCLUSIVES ARE THE MEAT to 2008

and MS is coming with both guns blazing

link

GTA4

Yes, yes… Grand Theft Auto IV is a full-on cross-platform title. However, the way things currently stand, announced episodic DLC for the game is exclusive to the Xbox 360. Were this a mere clothing or weapons pack, Rockstar's next urban magnum opus would have ended up back in the pile of multi-platform releases. However, the DLC's reported 10 additional hours of gameplay ought to be enough to convince any gamer that the Xbox 360 will serve as Liberty City's best tour guide this Spring.

Too HUMAN

Silicon Knights' much-beleaguered Too Human is currently somewhere in the neighborhood of its final stages of development. Hell, it's likely we be able to see this game before its image can be tarnished by another abysmal E3 showing. There's a lot to like about this game's Norse mythology-meets-cyberpunk backdrop. We even have some potential innovation on our hands with a combat mechanic which relies almost entirely on the 360 gamepad's right analog stick. Whether or not you've let your judgment be swayed by past showings and sordid legal confrontations, Too Human is definitely a 360 release to watch for this year.

Fable 2

There's a reason Lionhead Studios' Fable 2 appears behind others on this list. Two, actually. One: Lionhead founder Peter Molyneux may be a brilliant and talented video game developer, but he's also notorious for making overly ambitious promises which don't always pan out (coughFablecough). Two: are we certain that Fable 2 is even going to arrive this year? Really, with a murky "late 2008" release date currently set, fans ought to prepare for the worst if the original Fable's four-year, much-delayed development process is any indication.

Alan Wake

Here's another game which would have placed higher on the list were it not for the unclear information surrounding its release. For those who don't remember, Alan Wake was originally thought to be a 360 launch title back in late-2006. Billed as a "psychological action thriller" with an episodic, TV-inspired plotline, little is known of this project from Remedy Entertainment save for the fact that the screenshots look really, really good. This is the same developer responsible for the Max Payne series as well as 3DMark, the now-standard PC benchmarking software. While one can't deny Alan Wake's pedigree, forgive us if we have a hard time believing in it as a guaranteed 2008 release.

NINJA GAIDEN 2

Now that the unending flow of enhanced remakes of 2004's initially Xbox-exclusive Ninja Gaiden is finally cut off, Team Ninja is able to focus on delivering the sequel for which fans have waited so patiently. The original game was noted for its benchmark-setting visuals, blood-drenched gameplay and punishing difficulty. Actually, "punishing" is a bit of an understatement. With reports of a restructured combat system built around enemy weak points, Ninja Gaiden's already-deep combat mechanics seem to be growing even more complex for the sequel. Combined of course with visuals that take full advantage of the Xbox 360's powerful hardware. The game will in all likelihood appear on competitor's consoles at some point if the past is any indication, but for now Ninja Gaiden 2 is looking like the best reason to own a 360 in 2008.

There are obviously some big exclusives which didn't make it here, such as Mistwalker's Lost Odyssey. What do you folks in the Peanut Gallery think? Are you as excited for these 11 items (10 really, since the eleventh is so intangible) as we are? What are some obvious choices that we've overlooked? Or multi-platform releases which, for one reason or another, will be much more potent on Microsoft's console? Please, share your thoughts with us below in the comments section.

Splinter Cell Conviction

In Sam Fisher's upcoming outing the script will be officially flipped as the secret super-agent finds himself on the wrong side of the Law that he's worked so hard to uphold. Instead of simply reframing the same tired gameplay within a new context, Ubisoft is instead taking things in a new direction for the fifth Splinter Cell game with a completely reworked approach to Fisher's stealthy machinations. Drawing heavily from (and hopefully expanding on) the "crowd stealth" mechanics in Ubi's Assassin's Creed, players will navigate through a series of open, mostly urban and heavily populated environments in their efforts to clear Fisher's name. The reworked approach to the core stealth mechanics could be just what the aging series needs to remain fresh in the ever-more-innovative world of video gaming.

Halo Wars

This could be a one-two knockout punch year for Bungie's flagship franchise if Chronicles is released in any proximity to Halo Wars. Taking the series back to its roots, Halo Wars presents the Human vs. Covenant struggle as it was originally envisioned: a real-time strategy game. The story will follow the exploits of a single UNSC carrier ship as it encounters the Covenant for the first time, eventually leading to the decades-long struggle depicted in part by the recently completed trilogy. Between the promise of commanding a Scarab (or more than one?!) on the battlefield and the promise of using said Scarab to crush Friend-controlled UNSC forces, Halo Wars is clearly all about fan wish-fulfillment.

GoldenEye 007

Microsoft/Nintendo giveth and Microsoft/Nintendo taketh away. It was learned(thanks to EGM and 1UP) just last week that a rumored Xbox Live Arcade port of the Nintendo 64 hit GoldenEye 007 was in fact being prepared – complete with online multiplayer functionality – by Rare, the game's original developer. Sadly, the same report also stated that Microsoft and Nintendo were unable to reach an equitable financial agreement, thus damning the near-finished port to a state of limbo. With the demand for this game running high, particularly now that the news of its existence is official, it seems as though it's only a matter of time before the two parties reach some sort of understanding and give the fans what they've been waiting for: a new way to kill each other, retro-****

Ikaruga

Treasure's Ikaruga is a truly inventive take on the vertically-scrolling shooter, a ****c genre embodied by the likes of Galaxian. Players are able to switch the polarity of their ship between white and black with the press of a button, each option more effective when used against enemies of the opposite color. Likewise, same-colored enemy shots can be absorbed by the player's ship and converted into energy whereas different-colored shots do damage. Within this simple framework lies one of the most difficult arcade games we've ever encountered. And all for the price of an Xbox Live Arcade release.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
360 isn't dominating anything. It will sell well, but So will the PS3.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

007 will not be ocming to 360 unless it an come to wii as well.

Ikargua is a great game but if you milk it its not gonna work.

Halo Wars porbabaly will be delayed.

and so on

pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts
360 has alot of variety coming this year so i wouldnt say its unlikely.
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mouthpeace01

rpgs, shooters, adventures, racers, and all have very huge expectations

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mouthpeace01

and so on

Cyber-
u sound speculative
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Only 2 of those so called exclusives interest me. Fable 2 which will eventually go to pc with xtra content and Alan Wake which is actually a pc game being ported to 360.

Both the 360 and PS3 will do well though. Both are ok.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts
i know you took awile on this thread but sony will have the better line-up and the Wii may after E3.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I don't think it will dominate. I'm looking for it to do well, but not dominate.
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mouthpeace01

i know you took awile on this thread but sony will have the better line-up and the Wii may after E3.prodiqy32
how so?? wii's line up???? what line up....it has no new games

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
Why do we have to put the Wii aside again? The only mentionable 08 titles I've heard of are No More Heros and Brawl. What else does the Wii offer in 08? (Genuine curiosity here)
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

and so on

mouthpeace01

u sound speculative

The first one has been confirmed. Nintendo won't allow Golden Eye to come to XBLA even at the expense of the rights to release it and other titles on the VC. Dust off the old N64 if you need a fix cause it's not going anywhere else.

Ikargua I know nothing about so I won't comment on.

I think Halo Wars is doubtful for an '08 release and is nearly guaranteed to have the best version on PC.

360 has shown that it doesn't stand out against the competition. It will continue riding it's initial momentum, but will start to slow even more. PS3 will take a few nibbles, but it's more of a too little too late situation. Neither will do anything deserving of anything concerning '08 to be considered "dominating". They will simply exist.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

I see 6 exclusives... Golden Eye 007, and Ikaruga? Those games I already own when I bought them 5, and 10 years ago. In all honestly, xbox 360 will win because it has ports of old games.

Oh no, Wii will win because you could play donkey kong country 3 on VC.

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mouthpeace01
Why do we have to put the Wii aside again? The only mentionable 08 titles I've heard of are No More Heros and Brawl. What else does the Wii offer in 08? (Genuine curiosity here)Private_Vegas
for whatever reason? nintendo has reshaped gaming...casual titles are the major victor this gen....so MS and PS3 chose a more hardcore route and now they have to produce titles just unable to be reached by the wii
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

[QUOTE="Private_Vegas"]Why do we have to put the Wii aside again? The only mentionable 08 titles I've heard of are No More Heros and Brawl. What else does the Wii offer in 08? (Genuine curiosity here)mouthpeace01
for whatever reason? nintendo has reshaped gaming...casual titles are the major victor this gen....so MS and PS3 chose a more hardcore route and now they have to produce titles just unable to be reached by the wii

Funny, pc gamers say the same about 360/PS3 lol.

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Firstly TC, you are absolutely WRONG about the Goldeneye on XBLA. That was a project that had all of its nails put in the coffin nearly a year ago,and gaming blog sites (kotaku) will confirm this. It almost happened though.

As for the exclusives you did mention. The only 2 good ones on that list will be Alan Wake and Fable 2. NG2 has proved itself to be a mild (at best) improvement over the remastered Sigma layed out last summer. It has not stepped up in any of the departments for me to honestly suggest it as a worthwile game. Too Human is another potential disaster. There is so much failure built around the development of this project that it will probably be terrible. That is mentioning the fact IF it comes out this year. With the lawsuits going back and forth between Epic and SK about this game, I would be surprised if its release got legally tied up.

Halo Wars is going to do terribly. It'll be bought by casuals at first who are just attracted to all things Halo. Then when they realize its a controller-played RTS, I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually hear the projectile vomit flying at TV sets across America. Splinter Cell can potentially be good, but there hasn't been enough info to really point it in any direction in terms of quality(By this I mean no one has seen live footage of it or gotten a chance to play it).

As for GTA4 exclusive content on the 360, you do realize they said that there would be 10+ hours of gameplay back when they first announced the game, and it was stated by MS, NOT Rockstar. Alot has changed since then, with even reports that the PS3 would be receiving other forms of DLC, just not those two episodes tied with the 360 version. Also, bear in mind that people will come out with an outlandish claims like '10 hours of additional gameplay' just to build hype.I remember right before The Legenda of Zelda: Twilight Princess came out last year, the developer said there was 100 hours of gameplay the first time through that game. 100!!! Of course, anyone who has played the thing has realized it is no where near that number.

And to your original argument which states that the 360 will essentially 'dominate' the PS3 in '08. You do realize that the PS3 actually beat the 360 in worldwide sales in 2007 right? Yeah, who would've though. And the funny thing is that no 'noteworthy' system sellers came out that year. Take a look at PS3's '08 lineup and see if you don't see anything that fits that description.

Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

Nice job listing the Wii's and PS3's exclusives as well. Oh wait...

Yeah, you're not a fanboy:roll:

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts

[QUOTE="prodiqy32"]i know you took awile on this thread but sony will have the better line-up and the Wii may after E3.mouthpeace01

how so?? wii's line up???? what line up....it has no new games

i said may after E3. nintendo hasnt announced anything yet. hey i like the 360 about 50,000 times more then the cube with a sissy stick but the fact is we know about 80% of the 360's line-up next year and less then half of the Wii's.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

McCain asside Romney is the Republican Nomination.

Just saying why even do the lets ignore this, and focus on something else bit?

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 effthat
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

McCain asside Romney is the Republican Nomination.

Just saying why even do the lets ignore this, and focus on something else bit?

mouthpeace01

Crack asside, Whores are nice people.

Not all whores do crack...

Not all crack users are whores...

Thanks for riding the fail train!

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

The PS3 outsold the 360 last year even with Halo 3 released.The PS3 has this year; Killzone 2, MGS 4, Socom Confronatation, GT 5, Resistance 2 etc. There's no way the 360 has a chance of winning this year.

http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-107617.aspx

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
NY Giants aside the New England Patriots won 07.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Firstly TC, you are absolutely WRONG about the Goldeneye on XBLA. That was a project that had all of its nails put in the coffin nearly a year ago,and gaming blog sites (kotaku) will confirm this. It almost happened though.

As for the exclusives you did mention. The only 2 good ones on that list will be Alan Wake and Fable 2. NG2 has proved itself to be a mild (at best) improvement over the remastered Sigma layed out last summer. It has not stepped up in any of the departments for me to honestly suggest it as a worthwile game. Too Human is another potential disaster. There is so much failure built around the development of this project that it will probably be terrible. That is mentioning the fact IF it comes out this year. With the lawsuits going back and forth between Epic and SK about this game, I would be surprised if its release got legally tied up.

Halo Wars is going to do terribly. It'll be bought by casuals at first who are just attracted to all things Halo. Then when they realize its a controller-played RTS, I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually hear the projectile vomit flying at TV sets across America. Splinter Cell can potentially be good, but there hasn't been enough info to really point it in any direction in terms of quality(By this I mean no one has seen live footage of it or gotten a chance to play it).

As for GTA4 exclusive content on the 360, you do realize they said that there would be 10+ hours of gameplay back when they first announced the game, and it was stated by MS, NOT Rockstar. Alot has changed since then, with even reports that the PS3 would be receiving other forms of DLC, just not those two episodes tied with the 360 version. Also, bear in mind that people will come out with an outlandish claims like '10 hours of additional gameplay' just to build hype.I remember right before The Legenda of Zelda: Twilight Princess came out last year, the developer said there was 100 hours of gameplay the first time through that game. 100!!! Of course, anyone who has played the thing has realized it is no where near that number.

And to your original argument which states that the 360 will essentially 'dominate' the PS3 in '08. You do realize that the PS3 actually beat the 360 in worldwide sales in 2007 right? Yeah, who would've though. And the funny thing is that no 'noteworthy' system sellers came out that year. Take a look at PS3's '08 lineup and see if you don't see anything that fits that description.

Shensolidus

This is the winner. /thread.

el_Andreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 el_Andreas
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

i just lol'd when i read the title "wii aside.."

but i think that nintendo should let Goldeneye go to xbox live if the original comes to virtual console with online multiplayer.

then i can die content =[

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
I want the 360 to do well, Just as long as 360 is above ps3 I will be happy.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44215 Posts
[QUOTE="Shensolidus"]

Ragnarok1051

This is the winner. /thread.

I just copied and pasted from another thread where common sense seemed to have failed the poster and figured - huh same here !

Let me unboggle you're mind.

The 360 competed against not one but two new consoles launched from the likes of Sony & Nintendo !

To further the point, Sony drooped $200.00 off the price of admission, couple that with the influx of casuals buying the cheaper Wii with gadget remote and well - MS couldn't be happier on how 2007 turned out for them.

One more thing. If MS felt the need, there is no doubt they could drop the price of the 360 by a $100.00 !

They have yet to feel such need.

Weapons_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Weapons_Free
Member since 2006 • 1361 Posts

Fable 2 and Ninja Gaiden will be good, the rest of those games are anyone's guess.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Shensolidus

where did you pick up your copy of NG2, because i thought it wasn't out yet. and i doubt Halo Wars will do terribly.

that being said, i don't think the 360 will dominate this year, but i also don't see the PS3 being the runaway favorite, either (Wii excluded for comparison purposes).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

NY Giants aside the New England Patriots won 07. GundamGuy0

awesome! :D

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Like how 360 was supposed to dominate 2007 :roll:
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44215 Posts

Like how 360 was supposed to dominate 2007 :roll:Swift_Boss_A
Indeed :roll:

Xbox 360 Drives the Video Game Console Industry in 2007: NPD data released today confirms consumers spent more dollars on Xbox 360 in 2007, with more than $13.7 billion in total consumer spending. Xbox 360 won 2007 with $4.8 billion in total consumer spend compared to Wii with $3.5 billion and PlayStation 3 with $2.2 billion. This wraps up a historic year, with NPD reporting consumers have spent nearly 45 percent of total industry figures on Xbox 360.

Here is a quick snapshot of what is driving revenue for Xbox 360, based on the latest reports from NPD and Microsoft data:

· XBOX 360 WIDENS THE GAP OVER PS3 WITH CONSOLE SALES: According to NPD, Xbox 360 sold 1.3 million consoles in December alone, and has steadily widened the gap between Sony's PlayStation 3 console sales. In December, NPD stated that Sony sold 798,000 PS3 hardware units. Since PS3's launch in November 2006, Xbox 360 has outsold PS3 by nearly 2:1 on average, bringing a total U.S. Xbox 360 install base of 9.2 million consoles, compared to and installed base of 7.4 million Wii consoles and 3.3 million PS3 consoles.

Screenshot

· GAMES DRIVE INDUSTRY GROWTH: Xbox 360 robust games portfolio spans across the highest-ranked AAA titles to the largest collection of "Everyone" and "Teen" rated games. According to NPD, of the top 20 best-selling titles in 2007 for this generation, 11 were on Xbox 360; while only seven were sold on the Wii and two sold on the PS3.

o NPD reported that this holiday's leading multiplatform blockbusters continue to sell better on Xbox 360:

- "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" for Xbox 360 was the leading game last month with 1.5 million copies sold, outselling the PS3 version nearly 3:1.

- "Assassin's Creed" for Xbox 360 was the fourth best selling title, having sold 894,000 units. It outsold the PS3 version more than 2:1.

- "Guitar Hero III" outsold the PS3 nearly 2:1, having sold 625,000 copies.

- "Rockband" continues to rock the charts, selling 463,000 units for the Xbox 360 platform, compared to 174,000 units for the PS3

o To date, 33 third party games on Xbox 360 hit the top 10 list across all consoles compared to five third party games on PS3, and four on Wii. These results confirm that third party partners create better games and reap more sales on Xbox 360 than any other platform.

o In its fourth month on the market, Halo 3 continued its strong performance and was the sixth best selling title in December, selling another 742,000 units. In 2007, NPD projects that Halo 3 has sold 4.8 million units in the U.S. since its launch in September.

o Xbox 360 continues to lead in number of games sold per console, setting another record with an attach rate of 7.0 games per console.

· XBOX LIVE SETS NEW HEIGHTS: Xbox LIVE's network is 10 million members strong and growing, achieving membership goals six months ahead of schedule. Only on Xbox LIVE can members experience the largest catalog of on-demand, high-definition content in the U.S., including movies and television shows from our most recent partners: Disney-ABC Television Group and MGM Studios.

We're not slowing down in 2008. The next versions of powerhouse franchises like "Grand Theft Auto," "Resident Evil" and sports games like "Madden", "FIFA", and "Pro Evolution Soccer" open up a new arena for game play on Xbox 360. This year we will make great strides toward improving our brand appeal to consumers interested in more physical game play. With titles like "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock," "Rock Band" and "Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action" we're creating interactive experiences on Xbox 360 for the entire family.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"
Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
Alan Wake Here's another game which would have placed higher on the list were it not for the unclear information surrounding its release. For those who don't remember, Alan Wake was originally thought to be a 360 launch title back in late-2006. Billed as a "psychological action thriller" with an episodic, TV-inspired plotline, little is known of this project from Remedy Entertainment save for the fact that the screenshots look really, really good. This is the same developer responsible for the Max Payne series as well as 3DMark, the now-standard PC benchmarking software. While one can't deny Alan Wake's pedigree, forgive us if we have a hard time believing in it as a guaranteed 2008 release. That article is wrong. NINJA GAIDEN 2
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

and so on

mouthpeace01

u sound speculative

no the first post is

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mouthpeace01
Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"ithilgore2006
not Really, its like dvd sales compared to hd dvd and blu-ray disc imo....there technology that divides gaming
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 effthat

[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"mouthpeace01
not Really, its like dvd sales compared to hd dvd and blu-ray disc imo....there technology that divides gaming

The difference being that the Wii was the last console released this gen.

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mouthpeace01

[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"effthat

wii-mote maybe!!! but it's just a cube
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cyber-
[QUOTE="effthat"]

[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"mouthpeace01

ya explain that to the guys who made SMG.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

EA doesn't think so.

lol, can't believe i just said that.:P

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 effthat
[QUOTE="effthat"]

[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"mouthpeace01

The common joke being that it's two cubes duct taped together would say it's more powerful than the cube. Add the fact that it's a fraction of the size and has the standard inputs of the cube and the room available for actual computation is about the size of a DS. Now a DS can't do 480P widescreen and show off the high caliber graphics of the Wii, but somehow they manage to put that power through the same about of space. Better yet, they make it run effeciently and reliably!

Sure you'd agree that smart phones are new technology even though it isn't as powerful as a high end desktop. Why do you think the Wii is any different?

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mouthpeace01
[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="effthat"]

[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]Do you even realise how much it cheapens your thread to say "if we don't count the Wii, the Xbox 360 wins!"? It sounds like PR marketing BS, like Microsoft at E3 2007 "if we cover our eyes and looks at the numbers here, here and here, we're winning!"Cyber-

ya explain that to the guys who made SMG.

smg sux compared to 64
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 effthat

"smg sux caompared to 64"

Coming from a guy who can't spell sucks... Yeah, I have a lot of faith in your expert opinion...

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

Coming from a guy who can't spell sucks... Yeah, I have a lot of faith in your expert opinion...

effthat

so you think you're too elitist to have the same tastes as a person that might not know how to spell or read english?

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 effthat
[QUOTE="effthat"]

exiledsnake

so you think you're too elitist to have the same tastes as a person that might not know how to spell or read english?

He can spell and read english just fine. Don't bring native language into this. Spelling aside, the demographic that replaces cks with x isn't exactly well known for its superior cognitive ability or its reasonable objective opinion.

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
I stopped reading when you said that the Wii would win "due to its pricing". :roll: That's so ridiculous. You can buy a 360 for a mere $30 more than a Wii (I don't care if it's the Arcade version, it's still a 360). The GC was ALWAYS substantially cheaper than the competition, yet lost miserably. That's not why the Wii is winning - get over it. And this is coming from someone that owns and loves a 360.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cyber-
SMG is alot better than m64
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
lol yeah ps2 and Xbox aside the gamecube won last gen
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Your argument fails when you decided not to add the Wii into the mix.

Are you scared of something and have to resort to the age-old statement that its sales are because of its low price? :lol:

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
If 360 didn't oustell PS3 in 07, what would make it outsell it on 08?