Why This SONY Exclusive coming to PC

#1 Posted by DrSerigala (109 posts) -

https://www.polygon.com/game-awards-tga/2018/12/6/18130052/journey-pc-trailer-release-tga-2018

Journey comes to PC for the first time

If you check at their website :

http://thatgamecompany.com/journey/

#2 Posted by Zaryia (8476 posts) -

Because PC is number 1.

#3 Posted by SaltSlasher (1068 posts) -

So you count PS3 games as exclusives...

#4 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1850 posts) -

Probably because Sony didn't think porting a 7-year-old game to PC would hurt the PS4, especially when Annapurna is funding the port and Sony gets a taste of the revenue stream.

#5 Posted by Juub1990 (8484 posts) -

Thought it was released already?

#6 Posted by NoodleFighter (10237 posts) -

@saltslasher: Sure didn't stop cows when gamespot gave the PS4 version a 10/10

#7 Edited by BlackBalls (1498 posts) -

You mean an old ps3 game. Remember PC is the beggars master race, they get all the breadcrums and get excited with very ancient ports. I mean, they're still waiting for RDR1, LOL.

#8 Edited by DaVillain- (36436 posts) -

Errr even back then, I always thought it was already on PC when the PS4 version arrived. In any case, I already played Journey back on PS3 and I'm not interest replaying it on PC. At least this is good news for any PC gamers who never played this amazing game from last-gen.

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (33253 posts) -

@zaryia said:

Because PC is number 1.

In Star Trek this actually means number 2.

#10 Posted by sakaiXx (5468 posts) -

Sony been allowing Santa Monica indie games pc releases for a while now.

#11 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1264 posts) -

Already played it. Not interested in getting it to PC. But more people experiencing this game, the better. Doesn't matter if the game's old or not.

#12 Posted by Zaryia (8476 posts) -
@blackballs said:

You mean an old ps3 game. Remember PC is the beggars master race, they get all the breadcrums and get excited with very ancient ports. I mean, they're still waiting for RDR1, LOL.

1. RDR1 is on PC via PSNOW. RDR2 is on the way, thank you for beta testing the shite version like most games are shite on Consoles.

2. Not beggars. Sony and MS give this stuffy anyway.

3. PC is first place this gen with the most high scoring games with over 100+ gap (legendary) win.

#13 Posted by Dark_sageX (3407 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@blackballs said:

1. RDR1 is on PC via PSNOW. RDR2 is on the way, thank you for beta testing the shite version like most games are shite on Consoles.

2. Not beggars. Sony and MS give this stuffy anyway.

3. PC is first place this gen with the most high scoring games with over 100+ gap (legendary) win.

Funny how when an old game is ported to PC its being called port begging but when old games are released on current gen consoles with "Remastered" slapped on the box cover the peasants jump for joy.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (51181 posts) -

Game's cool. Pretentious drivel, but still hella cool.

#15 Edited by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@zaryia: In one comment you say PC is number 1 and in another comment you say thanks for beta testing the biggest game of 2018 and one you're begging for. You guys aren't known as the last race for no reason.

Does Zaryia stand for I haven't a clue? i'm starting to understand the use of your user pic now lol.

#16 Posted by Zaryia (8476 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

@zaryia: In one comment you say PC is number 1 a

I don't say it. MC and GS say it.

@i_p_daily said:

thanks for beta testing the biggest game of 2018

Indeed, thanks for beta testing RDR2. The good version will be fantastic.

@i_p_daily said:

You guys aren't known as the last race for no reason.

PC is first place here for Gen 8.

#17 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10329 posts) -

Fanboys these days don't even remember Sony used to have games exclusively on PC, like Planetside 2 which was 3 years PC exclusive.

#18 Posted by GarGx1 (10928 posts) -
@ArchoNils2 said:

Fanboys these days don't even remember Sony used to have games exclusively on PC, like Planetside 2 which was 3 years PC exclusive.

The majority of SOE's titles were PC exclusive and even as Day Break games, the current game they are working on, Planetside Arena (got to get those Battle Royal bucks), has only been announced for PC (Windows)

#19 Posted by SaltSlasher (1068 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:

@saltslasher: Sure didn't stop cows when gamespot gave the PS4 version a 10/10

I was mocking the people who said exact same thing to me. I was using my most snobby voice possible

People said something similar for counting Skate 3 as my favorite Xbox One exclusive.

But was more thinking about some one here who said Xbox had no exclusives, so I made a list of 50 games coming to Xbox and not PS4, and most freaked out cause it was at height of that meme, and specifically remember posts of people saying "so you count Steam games as exclusives" in most snobby attitude possible.

#20 Posted by DrLostRib (4885 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

The majority of SOE's titles were PC exclusive and even as Day Break games, the current game they are working on, Planetside Arena (got to get those Battle Royal bucks), has only been announced for PC (Windows)

They already tried for the BR bucks, and had it for a little while, since they make H1Z1

#21 Edited by GarGx1 (10928 posts) -
@drlostrib said:
@GarGx1 said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

They already tried for the BR bucks, and had it for a little while, since they make H1Z1

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#22 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3235 posts) -

Because Sony doesn't own the IP.

#23 Posted by Wasdie (53592 posts) -

Probably because its sales on the Playstation platforms have dried up and the PC is a new source of revenue?