Why the XBOX 360 has already won the war.

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GamespotdlBMN
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The most common thing I hear is about the PS3's proccessor. Sony fans will bore you with all this technical mumbo jumbo about the cell, and why the 360 is technically enferior.

Reason # 1. Well, think about this. Is it not true that the original XBOX was "technically" better and has better graphics than the PS2? Yet the PS2 has the bigger game library and won? Well this generation its vice versa. Sony has the better machine but is still losing.

Reason #2. The 360 has more games, and thats a fact. Pretty self explanatory. HALO, and Gears Of War. Those two games in my opinion are better than anything the PS3 could offer. You can fool yourself into thinkig "HALO is overrated" or "Gears isnt that good" but the fact is, they're amazing.

Reason #3. The PS3's XMB. Why, o why did they recycle the PSP XMB?? It was meant for a handheld, but for a home console? Come on, Sony! The 360 Dashboard feels greatly put together. The XBOX Guide allows you to message, and CHAT, and play music while in the game. The PS3's in game XMB takes a while to load and its not fast. The Dashboard is creative and functional. AND with the new up and coming dashboard, you can have 8 player chatrooms!

Reason #4. XBOX LIVE. LIVE is the best thing thats happened to gaming in a while. There are millions of players, EVERYBODY has headsets. I dont know, it feels more active, united, and more exciting than Sony's PSN. On Resistance, I cant iinvite my PSN buddies to a game. I have to make a new friends list just for it. On XBL, EVERY online game is integrated with XBL. Its smooth, and consistent. The PSN may be free but it SUCKS!

Better luck next time, Playstation 4!

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
lol you created a new account just to bash the ps3? :roll: how original
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
You have failed to convince me, your objective remains to be un-completed.
Vandam500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vandam500
Member since 2003 • 2948 Posts

lol you created a new account just to bash the ps3? :roll: how originallinkin_guy109

True but he does have good points there :P

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

You should have just reponded with "Because I like it better.", as that's basically what you wrote.farrell2k

:lol: Pretty much.

pilotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pilotc
Member since 2004 • 3986 Posts

You make some good points. I think xbox 360 will succeed because of games. Its got some good games coming out and devs will continue to support it because the games sell well.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
How is XMB that bad ?!?!
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
xbox live just meant online getting more popular, its nothing new.
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamespotdlBMN
because its was meant for a handheld.
Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fart_Storm
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamespotdlBMN
lol, this is my first account
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hongkingkong

because its was meant for a handheld. GamespotdlBMN

It works for both :? PSP and PS3 were made with eachother in mind, hence the synchronisation.

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamespotdlBMN

No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."Fart_Storm

The original XBOX was future proof too.

The PS3 is the better machine, but the user interface, online play, and lack of games kills. it. How far is this Cell gonna get you when you have no games crap online?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

You should have just reponded with "Because I like it better.", as that's basically what you wrote.farrell2k
yeah, pretty much

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamespotdlBMN

alright, just go home and play Resistance 50 million times. I'll be play Gears on LIVE

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ONLYDOD

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."GamespotdlBMN

The PS3 is the better machine, but the user interface, online play, and lack of games kills. it. How far is this Cell gonna get you when you have no games crap online?

That is the moment I realised you've never touched a PS3.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

do you own a ps 3 because if you did the ps 3 logo comes up then your in the cross medis bar. just like the 360 the logo comes up and the dashboard appears.

you really think this gen will win because of the dashboard wow. that like saying the honda will sell the most this year because the dashboard is the best looking one out of them all.

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
EYE C DA LITE!
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

alright, just go home and play Resistance 50 million times. I'll be play Gears on LIVE

GamespotdlBMN

I'll be happy to

I will be playing Gears on LIVE too.., once my 360 is back from the repaircenter..

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hongkingkong
[QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."ONLYDOD

I have one in my house and play it, these comments aren't far from the truth.

Mavrickkal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mavrickkal
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."Fart_Storm
Ok I'm a sony but I have a whole neutral Stand on the system wars simply because I feel there has to be a very large improvement on the quality of games coming out. with that aside....do you work for sony? I mean seriously not putting down your facts or anything but If there is in fact a sony army I pretty sure you would be at the front waving the war flag with the ps1 LOGO on it.
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamespotdlBMN

lol you created a new account just to bash the ps3? :roll: how originallinkin_guy109

Why dont u reply to what I said instead of attacking me directly.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GARRYTH

GamespotdlBMN

that is even worse your playing a game that came out 1 year before resistance so if were playing resistance 50 millionth time then your playing gears 100 millionth time.

what wrong if your so called games are better how come your still playing a game that cameout in 2006 still.

Mavrickkal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mavrickkal
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

killerfist

I'll be happy to

I will be playing Gears on LIVE too.., once my 360 is back from the repaircenter..

the tale of many many 360's from what I hear.....*plays violin*
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ONLYDOD
[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."hongkingkong

Do you really think so? From my experience it has a good deal of wonderful games and a brilliant online service.

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamespotdlBMN

I've has a PS3 for Christmas and I traded it for a 360 last month.

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamespotdlBMN
Yeah I do. Go play on XBOX LIVE for 30 minutes and then tell me that the PS3's online is brilliant. You wont be able to
PS3Gamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PS3Gamez
The Xbox 360 hasn't won anything. The RROD will be the reason they will lose. And Sony has way better games coming the next few years.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hongkingkong
[QUOTE="hongkingkong"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."ONLYDOD

Do you really think so? From my experience it has a good deal of wonderful games and a brilliant online service.

oh no, the games are good, but the online is lke playing with zombies and asthmatics (breathing heavily down a static mic) nothing compared to what is more common on xbl.

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamespotdlBMN
Because Gears has great replay value and its fun online. I cant say the same for Restitance. On Resistance, once you beat it, you beat it.
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ONLYDOD

Yeah I do. Go play on XBOX LIVE for 30 minutes and then tell me that the PS3's online is brilliant. You wont be able toGamespotdlBMN

PSN is brilliant.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."hongkingkong

so what is crap about the ps 3 on-line resistance hardly no lag, warhawk the best on-line only game ever made with hardly no lag. cod4 same as the 360 on-line but yet you pay for it. i just don't get it.
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamespotdlBMN
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

Mavrickkal

I'll be happy to

the tale of many many 360's from what I hear.....*plays violin*

lying. 360s dont break anymore. The problem is fixed. Although it did suck, I'll admit

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamespotdlBMN

The Xbox 360 hasn't won anything. The RROD will be the reason they will lose. And Sony has way better games coming the next few years.PS3Gamez

RROD is GONE!!!!! DONE!! FINISHED!! Stop dwelling on that, please!

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GamespotdlBMN

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."GARRYTH

so what is crap about the ps 3 on-line resistance hardly no lag, warhawk the best on-line only game ever made with hardly no lag. cod4 same as the 360 on-line but yet you pay for it. i just don't get it.

you have to pay for it because its more players online, and much more features like cross game invites, and in game chatting for example.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GARRYTH
Because Gears has great replay value and its fun online. I cant say the same for Restitance. On Resistance, once you beat it, you beat it.GamespotdlBMN
um resistance has on-line too. so once you beat just like gears you play on-line. besides warhawk is the game i play. you can't say anything bad about that game. 8.5 for being an on-line game only. if you have ever touch a ps 3 you would now that the ps 3 has great games as well.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

[QUOTE="PS3Gamez"]The Xbox 360 hasn't won anything. The RROD will be the reason they will lose. And Sony has way better games coming the next few years.GamespotdlBMN

RROD is GONE!!!!! DONE!! FINISHED!! Stop dwelling on that, please!

No, it's not gone. The problem is still their.

And even when they fix it, the problem will still be their for earlier 360 adopters like myself.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ONLYDOD
Wow, I didn't think Lemmings could go any lower, I hope for your own sake TC that your fakeboying.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hongkingkong

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."GARRYTH

1) resistance is mediocre compared to PC and 360 's star shooters

2) Warhawk is ok but seriously, best online game ever? Its ok when people work together to capture a base and its pretty epic, but thee are better experiences, surely.

3) If you play online with other humans, you'd probably wish to interact socially with them (otherwise just play SP if you don't want to play with people), on PSN this is impossible. Nobody wears mics, and if they do, they never say anything they just blurt out static noise or breathe down the mic. I tried talking to them but they don't want to speak, they want brains.... BRAAAAAAINS!!!!! Its not a fun social experience unless you have friends also online.

GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GamespotdlBMN

[QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]Because Gears has great replay value and its fun online. I cant say the same for Restitance. On Resistance, once you beat it, you beat it.GARRYTH
um resistance has on-line too. so once you beat just like gears you play on-line. besides warhawk is the game i play. you can't say anything bad about that game. 8.5 for being an on-line game only. if you have ever touch a ps 3 you would now that the ps 3 has great games as well.

I got one for Christmas and traded it for a 360 last month. The ps3 has great games, but nowhere near the level of the 360

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Reason #2. The 360 has more games, and thats a fact. Pretty self explanatory. HALO, and Gears Of War. Those two games in my opinion are better than anything the PS3 could offer. You can fool yourself into thinkig "HALO is overrated" or "Gears isnt that good" but the fact is, they're amazing.

Reason #4. XBOX LIVE. LIVE is the best thing thats happened to gaming in a while. There are millions of players, EVERYBODY has headsets. I dont know, it feels more active, united, and more exciting than Sony's PSN. On Resistance, I cant iinvite my PSN buddies to a game. I have to make a new friends list just for it. On XBL, EVERY online game is integrated with XBL. Its smooth, and consistent. The PSN may be free but it SUCKS!

GamespotdlBMN

Why? Why do you pass off your opinion as fact? :|

I'm not even going to bother disagreeing with you on points #2 and #4.
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GamespotdlBMN

Okay. Answer this. On Resistance online, if I'm playing online can I send my PSN friend an invite? Yes or no

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hongkingkong

you have to pay for it because its more players online, and much more features like cross game invites, and in game chatting for example.

GamespotdlBMN

everyone with a ps3 has access to PSN ;) that means more PSN users than Live gamers, and you can talk in game, but not if that person isn't sharing the same lobby.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="hongkingkong"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]No, if you knew anything about the Cell, you would know that with its 7 separate SPus, it is capable of graphics and physics and AI that have never been done before. Nothing on the 360 can touch anything on the PS3. The PS3 was designed to be future proof, using such innovations as the Cell processor, blu ray, firmware updates, and teh EDGE development tools. I think that you meant to say in your thread title "Why the XBOX 360 has already LOST the war."GamespotdlBMN

if you need to chat so bad call someone on the phone. besides we have chat as well and game invites as well. did you now when home comes out each online game will have a room that has holo-grams on a table with the battlefield of the game your going to jion you can see everything going on on the table. the only reason you guys have more people talking is because the 360 came with a headset the first year. making a high % having a headset.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
I like it when people think their opinion is fact.
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GamespotdlBMN
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="hongkingkong"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"][QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

1) resistance is mediocre compared to PC and 360 's star shooters

2) Warhawk is ok but seriously, best online game ever? Its ok when people work together to capture a base and its pretty epic, but thee are better experiences, surely.

3) If you play online with other humans, you'd probably wish to interact socially with them (otherwise just play SP if you don't want to play with people), on PSN this is impossible. Nobody wears mics, and if they do, they never say anything they just blurt out static noise or breathe down the mic. I tried talking to them but they don't want to speak, they want brains.... BRAAAAAAINS!!!!! Its not a fun social experience unless you have friends also online.

thank you thats what im trying to say. this guy knows what he is talking about

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
I had a PS2 and the Xbox 360, sir, is no PS2.
GamespotdlBMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GamespotdlBMN
[QUOTE="GamespotdlBMN"]

Saturos3091

Why? Why do you pass off your opinion as fact? :|

I'm not even going to bother disagreeing with you on points #2 and #4.

well because its a fact that the 360 has more games. go on, disagree. this is a discussion, lets hear what you have to say!