Why the war? Can we not appreciate both!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

czechrover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By czechrover
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

I finally entered the current generation on Sunday and I bought an xbox one. I don't really have loyalty to any manufacturer as I've owned the first three playstations and the first two microsoft consoles before this.

Can someone explain to me why there is so much petty arguing over these two systems? Why is there a constant need to justify a purchase? A lot of people seem to spend more time comparing specs and reading about future releases/technology advances to try and get one up on the other console. The reality is both are here to stay. They are obviously brilliant pieces of technology. Sure, not everyone can afford both but if you read posts from someone who does it's clear they really like both consoles.

The whole graphics/processor argument (the video on this forum) is ridiculous and you need to look extremely carefully to notice the difference. The're aren't many exclusives these days (when comparing to playstation, n64, dreamcast era) and when we do look at exclusives you can find good games on both consoles.

It comes down to personal needs IMO. I enjoyed both my xbox 360 and ps3. I always prefered xbox live to ps network as it felt more polished but now PS4 has a paid online service I assume that improved. I loved the concept of PS plus on my ps3 and it was great until a few months ago when I started getting a bit agitated with the selection and lack of communication from Sony.

I went for xbox one because games with gold, when I look at the list, suits me better. Some people will much prefer the ps plus line ups. I also chose it because of ea access as I love sports games so now I can play all of them for 4 quid a month. Again....if someone doesn't like sports games ea access isn't worth it.

I don't see the need for a war. I'll probably buy a ps4 in the future and enjoy both consoles!

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

But...PS4 is the best.

Why da fck u bought a Xbone? For Halo fail collection? LMFAO

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Because fan boys and people who like winding up fan boys exist.

czechrover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By czechrover

I've never really understood fan boys. I get it when you're under the age of 14. We used to argue about snes/megadrive etc but anyone with a brain knows that if either ps4/xbox one dissappeared tomorrow the situation would be pretty dire. Competition is healthy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@czechrover said:
@Suppaman100 said:

But...PS4 is the best.

I think I explained that.

Xbox One and PS4 are not brilliant pieces of tech....

They are behind your medium-end PC's. I didn't buy my consoles for graphics or resolution nor FPS...although I want a decent amount of frames for it to be playable.

If you see a lem or cow bragging about graphics or res or fps....you can point your finger at them and laugh....

But I myself get kind of tired and annoyed when it starts to become ridiculous...

like here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/5-mins-of-the-beautiful-halo-5-campaign-32596783/#57

They compared KZ to Halo 5.... nuff'said.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Suppaman100

@acp_45 said:
@czechrover said:
@Suppaman100 said:

But...PS4 is the best.

I think I explained that.

Xbox One and PS4 are not brilliant pieces of tech....

They are behind your medium-end PC's. I didn't buy my consoles for graphics or resolution nor FPS...although I want a decent amount of frames for it to be playable.

If you see a lem or cow bragging about graphics or res or fps....you can point your finger at them and laugh....

But I myself get kind of tired and annoyed when it starts to become ridiculous...

like here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/5-mins-of-the-beautiful-halo-5-campaign-32596783/#57

They compared KZ to Halo 5.... nuff'said.

Bu...PS4 is the strongest console ever created by mankind.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Notice how the first poster attacked you for you're choice of console and probably never even read the post, just saw XB1 and went on a rant, and you will no doubt get more (especially owning an XB1) but don't worry about the fanboys there everywhere here.

Welcome to the XB1 community, the more sensible gamers the better to play online with. I to only have an XB1 at the moment, due to Sony dropping the ball BIG time with it's lack of exclusive racing games (I think Sony's highest selling franchise is GT) and I will probably buy a PS4 when Sony starts to look after it's racing game fans, but until then they will not get any of my hard earned cash.

If you're going to post on here you better get some thick skin real fast, because fanboys on all sides don't love their system, they just hate yours.

czechrover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By czechrover

@acp_45: They do the job and the games will get better as they do every generation. The PC will always be more powerful but I don't enjoy playing games on it (apart from football manager and some stratégy games). The PC is for my work. I'play games to relax and I don't feel ralxed at the PC. Consoles are the prefered choice for the majority. I live in the Czech Republic and the pc has always been and still is the main gaming module but it is slowly changing.

czechrover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 czechrover

@i_p_daily: I replied to him but then realised he was being funny. At least I hope he wasn't serious :-)

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5911 Posts

@bulby_g said:

Because fan boys and people who like winding up fan boys exist.

This pretty much some's it up. I will buy a PS4 and upgrade my PC at some point in the future and can applicate all consoles (I have Xbox and Wii U now).

I use the forum for information and to have the odd laugh at the blind fanboyisim

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@czechrover: Judging from his/her post history I would say it was serious.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Suppaman100

@i_p_daily said:

@czechrover: Judging from his/her post history I would say it was serious.

czechrover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 czechrover

@i_p_daily: Poor guy :-)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

General game discussion is that-a-way ----------->

I do know what ya mean tho. :P

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Where there are people, there is war.

World Peace is impossible to achieve. People have been at war since the beginning of time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Silly Peasant....

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I do appreciate both. Ms and Nintendo are doing a great job this Gen so far. Still waiting for Sony to enter this gen, eager to see what they do.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No... We want Waaah!!!

Loading Video...

Just kidding.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I appreciate both but I favor the Xbox....but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the PS4. Fanboys have a sad existence.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

There is no way to end the war because as long as people have opinions on the internet, there will always be somebody that disagrees with them. This is what System Wars is for.

Locking because there is no real point in keeping this thread open since this board isn't going to change.