Why the PS3 can not come back this Gen.

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 STurn21
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts

Sony might as well just focus on the next gen...I know, it sucks, but it is the truth. I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole.

1. Late release date. While Microsft was racking up rediculous amounts of cash from people who were excited about the "next gen", Sony was sitting around with thier thumb's in thier asses.

2. Trying to construct the highest end system possible and ,in turn, having to charge a lot of money for it. They completlely turned off a giant demographics of gamers with this move. Kids and non-harcore (I don't want to say casual because that is too strong of a word around here) gamers. Kids' parents are going to want to buy the cheapest system out there, and regular people who aren't that into video games weren't willing to spend 500-600$ for a system. Regardless of how advanced it was. I was a part of this group. I was 14 and just plain and simply didn't have enough money for a PS3 untill last year.

3. Initially a mediocre lineup of exclusives. Microsoft had Gears of War and the promise of Halo 3, while Sony really had nothing well known at the time that would appeal to the masses. Uncharted is spectacular, but unlike Gears of War it wasn't advertised correctly. That brings me to my next point.

4. Poor advertisement. I personally loved the original PS3 ads, but it seems like they would go over your average person's head.

All of these things resulted in poor sales while Microft was raking in the cash. Microsoft used that money to revamp the dashboard and consistently improve XBL while Sony really never made any real improvements to thier system untill recently. I think that the new Slim came waayy to late.

I REALLY REALLY wan't the PS3 to rise from the bottom and come out on top, but I just don't see it happening.

(If you have intelligent criticism or you want to add to my arguement go ahead. Please no unoriginal Cow or Lemming responces.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
From the graphs from gamescom, the ps3 is well on it's way to selling the same amount here in Europe as the PS2 has. It will come back this gen at least in Europe.
jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jasper061992
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts

2 words: Price Drop.

End of story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I suppose the past 1-2 years have been for nothing then.
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts

yea all your points reallly would have been relavent two years ago and while they are still in last place it has a very good chance of getting close to the 360 in terms of consoles sold

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 STurn21

yea all your points reallly would have been relavent two years ago and while they are still in last place it has a very good chance of getting close to the 360 in terms of consoles sold

hyperboy152000

Did you even read what I said? Sony's overall profits will never even come close to Microsoft's. Period.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Might of been valid 2 years ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="hyperboy152000"]

Did you even read what I said? Sony's overall profits will never even come close to Microsoft's. Period.

What you made a thread bashing the PS3's PROFITS?!? Oh noes.
dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

Sony might as well just focus on the next gen...I know, it sucks, but it is the truth. I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole.

1. Late release date. While Microsft was racking up rediculous amounts of cash from people who were excited about the "next gen", Sony was sitting around with thier thumb's in thier asses.

2. Trying to construct the highest end system possible and ,in turn, having to charge a lot of money for it. They completlely turned off a giant demographics of gamers with this move. Kids and non-harcore (I don't want to say casual because that is too strong of a word around here) gamers. Kids' parents are going to want to buy the cheapest system out there, and regular people who aren't that into video games weren't willing to spend 500-600$ for a system. Regardless of how advanced it was. I was a part of this group. I was 14 and just plain and simply didn't have enough money for a PS3 untill last year.

3. Initially a mediocre lineup of exclusives. Microsoft had Gears of War and the promise of Halo 3, while Sony really had nothing well known at the time that would appeal to the masses. Uncharted is spectacular, but unlike Gears of War it wasn't advertised correctly. That brings me to my next point.

4. Poor advertisement. I personally loved the original PS3 ads, but it seems like they would go over your average person's head.

All of these things resulted in poor sales while Microft was raking in the cash. Microsoft used that money to revamp the dashboard and consistently improve XBL while Sony really never made any real improvements to thier system untill recently. I think that the new Slim came waayy to late.

I REALLY REALLY wan't the PS3 to rise from the bottom and come out on top, but I just don't see it happening.

(If you have intelligent criticism or you want to add to my arguement go ahead. Please no unoriginal Cow or Lemming responces.)

STurn21

You know #1 is untrue right? Nintendo had no problem coming in late and then dominating the competition. The rest I can agree.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="hyperboy152000"]

hoosier7

That is the goal of EVERY company....to make the most money.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Im sure Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are already focusing on their next gen consoles.

anyway, does PS3 need to be on top for you to enjoy it??

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

Ps3 Slim. $299.

Games? Check.

Blu-ray? Check.

Built-in Wifi? Check.

Free PSN that is just as good as Xbox live Gold membership? Check.

120 GB? Check.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 STurn21

Ps3 Slim. $299.

Games? Check.

Blu-ray? Check.

Built-in Wifi? Check.

120 GB? Check.

ReaperV7

I already said all of that,.....the fact of the matter is that is not enough for Sony to get out of the hole they are in.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Come back from where PS3 is already the console which gets my whole playtime while 360 and Wii collecting dust since the beginning of this year ( I'm talking about myself only ) who cares about how much it sells.

I only use sales sometimes to determine if that game is good or no ( If the game sold alot then the chances of it being a good game is high ).

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

Ps3 Slim. $299.

Games? Check.

Blu-ray? Check.

Built-in Wifi? Check.

120 GB? Check.

STurn21

I already said all of that,.....the fact of the matter is that is not enough for Sony to get out of the hole they are in.

I disagree,

Taking a loss by putting BR players in homes does benefit Sony in the long run due to their heavy involvment in the movie industry. Game sales, movie sales, TV sales all go hand in hand with the PS3. Sure they are taking a hit on PS3 hardware but good things do happen for those who wait. As mentioned the PS3 is doing quite well in Europe and only a matter of time before people get tired of sending in the other console for repairs here in the States. I have a number of friends who I never thought would glance at a PS3 are now about to buy one. I don't think Sony is too worried.

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts

Maybe you should work for Sony....

Give us all a break from all this crappy amateur analysis.

"Sony might as well just focus on the next gen...I know, it sucks, but it is the truth. I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole."

The unholy arrogance of this comment should be enough to stop anyone from reading your dull comments about the PS3.

Move on and get over yourself.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

it only does EVERYTHING :!:

Ps3 Slim. $299.

Games? Check.

Blu-ray? Check.

Built-in Wifi? Check.

120 GB? Check.

ReaperV7

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheArmyGuy48
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

STurn21

360 has 16 AAA titles at gamerankings, while PS2 has 12 AAA. for a console that had an entire year headstart, being only that far ahead, I think sony have done pretty well for themselves. not only that but PS3 is getting 5 more guarranteed AAA in the next few months (Uncharted 2, GOW3,GT5,The Last Guardian,heavy rain) as well as 2 most likely AAA (Ratchet and Mag). oh, and Agent, the new title from Rockstar North, the GTA4 devs. im pretty sure the PS3 will easily be beating 360 in both total AAA and AAAE on Gamerankings within the next few months seeing as 360 has only gotten 2 AAAE on GR in the last 2 years, and has very very few candidates in the forseeable future. PS3 needs 2 more titles to match the 360 in AAAE, and 4 titles to match it in total AAA. It has 8 possible candidates that will all be out within the next year, and 5 of them are guarranteed to be AAA, and the other 3 very highly likely.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 STurn21

"Sony might as well just focus on the next gen...I know, it sucks, but it is the truth. I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole."

The unholy arrogance of this comment should be enough to stop anyone from reading your dull comments about the PS3.

p4ddym

Ahh. Insults rather then actually challenging the points. Typical.

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 p4ddym

[QUOTE="p4ddym"]

STurn21

Ahh. More arrogance. Typical. None of your points are anything we haven't heard before. I actually did have arguments for each one of your points but erased them when I stopped and thought , "Why stoop to this guys level and be a pretentious little know it all".
STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="p4ddym"]

p4ddym

Ahh. More arrogance. Typical. None of your points are anything we haven't heard before. I actually did have arguments for each one of your points but erased them when I stopped and thought , "Why stoop to this guys level and be a pretentious little know it all".

Ohh! The Irony! I think you should re read all of your statements, look up pretentious, look up arrogance, and then get back to me.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="STurn21"]

STurn21

but why do you care?
p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 p4ddym

[QUOTE="p4ddym"][QUOTE="STurn21"]

STurn21

Ohh! The Irony! I think you should re read all of your statements, look up pretentious, look up arrogance, and then get back to me.

Arrogance: "Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance." - You. "I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole." How snobbish and arrogant is that comment? Pretentious: "Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified. lol. I cant just use the same quote again "I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole." You sir, are priceless. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
[QUOTE="STurn21"]

But how does profit effect me the consumer, so far quality exclusives are being rolled out and the future games are looking good too, so it doesn't look as though i'd be losing the quality of my games with lower profit.
TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheDuffman26
Member since 2006 • 1346 Posts
PS3 will be the best console this generation because it will end up being the console with the best game library. The ONLY reason it hasn't sold as much as MS and Nintendo is because it is more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Honda will always sell more cars than Mercedes, but the Mercedes will always be a better ride. As a consumer, that is all I care about... not sales numbers.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheArmyGuy48

[QUOTE="p4ddym"][QUOTE="STurn21"]

STurn21

why wont you reply to my post 3 posts above this one?
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I don't think that will stop anyone for enjoying all the games coming for it.
OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

sigh, hey I have collection of short stories I'm working on could I use this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
PS3 will be the best console this generation because it will end up being the console with the best game library. The ONLY reason it hasn't sold as much as MS and Nintendo is because it is more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Honda will always sell more cars than Mercedes, but the Mercedes will always be a better ride. As a consumer, that is all I care about... not sales numbers.TheDuffman26
This guys not actually talking about sales numbers instead he's talking about profit for some reason...
STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="p4ddym"] Ahh. More arrogance. Typical. None of your points are anything we haven't heard before. I actually did have arguments for each one of your points but erased them when I stopped and thought , "Why stoop to this guys level and be a pretentious little know it all". p4ddym

Arrogance: "Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance." - You. "I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole." How snobbish and arrogant is that comment? Pretentious: "Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified. lol. I cant just use the same quote again "I will list their mistakes showing how they dug themselves into too deep of a hole." You sir, are priceless. :)

How is saying that they dug themself into a hole claiming or demanding a position of merit ? I never said or even implied that I was an expert or anything along those lines. Did I ever say that my opinion was extremely important or that they should listen to me?

All while your statement "Why stoop to this guys level and be a pretentious little know it all" is clearly teeming with arrogance.

You should improve your reading comprehension skills.

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 p4ddym
I don't think that will stop anyone for enjoying all the games coming for it.IronBass
You better not enjoy playing the PS3. Dont you know the 360 sells more units and games?
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]I don't think that will stop anyone for enjoying all the games coming for it.p4ddym
You better not enjoy playing the PS3. Dont you know the 360 sells more units and games?

you're right. sony's losing money. what a horrible machine. i need to throw it out the window. (off topic: my friend did that with his gamecube to see if it would survive :P and it didn't)
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheArmyGuy48

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

TheArmyGuy48

360 has 16 AAA titles at gamerankings, while PS2 has 12 AAA. for a console that had an entire year headstart, being only that far ahead, I think sony have done pretty well for themselves. not only that but PS3 is getting 5 more guarranteed AAA in the next few months (Uncharted 2, GOW3,GT5,The Last Guardian,heavy rain) as well as 2 most likely AAA (Ratchet and Mag). oh, and Agent, the new title from Rockstar North, the GTA4 devs. im pretty sure the PS3 will easily be beating 360 in both total AAA and AAAE on Gamerankings within the next few months seeing as 360 has only gotten 2 AAAE on GR in the last 2 years, and has very very few candidates in the forseeable future. PS3 needs 2 more titles to match the 360 in AAAE, and 4 titles to match it in total AAA. It has 8 possible candidates that will all be out within the next year, and 5 of them are guarranteed to be AAA, and the other 3 very highly likely.

*Sigh*..I fear im never going to get a response to this post.:(

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Sony may have been in a hole in the past, but now they have the tools they need to dig up themeselves.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

Sony may have been in a hole in the past, but now they have the tools they need to dig up themeselves.

WiiMan21

You mean a shovel?? For all their BS spewed before launch and for awhile after?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

I agree with you, though you must take into account that AAA and AAAE games will be released on the 360 too, so i'd expect that situation only in a bit of a longer time period.
STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="hoosier7"] What you made a thread bashing the PS3's PROFITS?!? Oh noes.hoosier7

But how does profit effect me the consumer, so far quality exclusives are being rolled out and the future games are looking good too, so it doesn't look as though i'd be losing the quality of my games with lower profit.

But thier profit has clearly effected the regular consumer, and I fear that it will continue to. From the lack of DLC, to the lack of overall improvements to the product. The only improvement so far worth noting is the PS3 Slim(which really doens't effect those of us who already own a system), but as you may know, they still loose money per every system sold even with the better system.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 STurn21

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"] 360 has 16 AAA titles at gamerankings, while PS2 has 12 AAA. for a console that had an entire year headstart, being only that far ahead, I think sony have done pretty well for themselves. not only that but PS3 is getting 5 more guarranteed AAA in the next few months (Uncharted 2, GOW3,GT5,The Last Guardian,heavy rain) as well as 2 most likely AAA (Ratchet and Mag). oh, and Agent, the new title from Rockstar North, the GTA4 devs. im pretty sure the PS3 will easily be beating 360 in both total AAA and AAAE on Gamerankings within the next few months seeing as 360 has only gotten 2 AAAE on GR in the last 2 years, and has very very few candidates in the forseeable future. PS3 needs 2 more titles to match the 360 in AAAE, and 4 titles to match it in total AAA. It has 8 possible candidates that will all be out within the next year, and 5 of them are guarranteed to be AAA, and the other 3 very highly likely.

hoosier7

I agree with you, though you must take into account that AAA and AAAE games will be released on the 360 too, so i'd expect that situation only in a bit of a longer time period.

How are you so sure that those games will reach AAA? Are you that easily influenced by hype?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
[QUOTE="STurn21"]

But thier profit has clearly effected the regular consumer, and I fear that it will continue to. From the lack of DLC, to the lack of overall improvements to the product. The only improvement so far worth noting is the PS3 Slim, but as you may know, they still loose money per every system sold even with the better system.

Lack of overall improvements to the product? You've got to be kidding... The sheer amount of things the firmware updates that have been added count that argument out. DLC fair enough, but not really something huge is it? What improvements are worth noting on the other consoles though? And yes they may still loose money per system but Sony have made it clear that they put themselves into profit through other things such as royalties and games or something can't find the article.
STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="hoosier7"] But how does profit effect me the consumer, so far quality exclusives are being rolled out and the future games are looking good too, so it doesn't look as though i'd be losing the quality of my games with lower profit.hoosier7

But thier profit has clearly effected the regular consumer, and I fear that it will continue to. From the lack of DLC, to the lack of overall improvements to the product. The only improvement so far worth noting is the PS3 Slim, but as you may know, they still loose money per every system sold even with the better system.

Lack of overall improvements to the product? You've got to be kidding... The sheer amount of things the firmware updates that have been added count that argument out. DLC fair enough, but not really something huge is it? What improvements are worth noting on the other consoles though? And yes they may still loose money per system but Sony have made it clear that they put themselves into profit through other things such as royalties and games or something can't find the article.

The Firmware updates really didn't cut it for me...especially compared to NXE. They pretty much just added things that shipped with the 360 at release. And DLC is a big deal to a lot of people (including myself).

Let me ask you something before we continue this arguement. Do you also own a 360?

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 p4ddym
Look. The PS3 is the better deal in general. Now that it is 299, it is even more of a better deal. You get a hell of a lot with it. Reliability, Bluray, Free online, WiFi and the fantastic games that are out now and several titles coming out in the coming months. And I think you have underestimated the sales of the PS3. PS3 has sold pretty damn well considering a delayed launch in North America and a double delayed launch in Europe, and of course the higher price etc. (Compared to 360 sales). Its pretty clear people want the PS3. With a lower price and the buzz of the PS3 slim, I think that it will sell well and hold its own against the 360.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheArmyGuy48

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

STurn21

How are you so sure that those games will reach AAA? Are you that easily influenced by hype?

We must be judging the games purely off of the name. Its not as if journalists are nerdgasming every time they get their hands on GOW3. its not like there have been 3 god of war games (including the PSP game) and every one of them have consistently scored AAA at gamerankings:roll:

its not like The Last Guardian is a sequel to 2 AAA titles at gamerankings either.

as for uncharted 2:

list of uncharted 2's awards (from E3):

GAME CRITICS AWARDS:
Best of Show
Best Console Game
Best Action / Adventure Game

IGN:
Best Action Game - PS3
Best Graphics Technology - PS3
Best Multiplayer Experience - PS3
Achievement for Technology Excellence - PS3
PlayStation 3 Game of Show
Best Graphics Technology - Overall

GAMESPOT:
Best Graphics
Best PS3 Game

1UP.COM:
Best of Show
Best of E3 PS3 Game

X-PLAY:
Game of Show
Best PlayStation 3 Game

GAMESPY:
PS3 Game of Show

GAMEPRO:
Gold Medal

GAMETRAILERS:
Best Graphics
Best Third-Person Shooter

YAHOO! GAMES:
Best of E3 2009

CRISPY GAMER:
Best PlayStation 3 Game

GAMES RADAR:
Most Surprisingly Awesome Demo

411 MANIA:
Best Action Game / Best PS3 Game

GO ONLINE GAMES:
Best PS3 Title

PLATFORM NATION:

Game of Show
Best Console Game
Best Action / Adventure Game

BTW, the RED=Graphics related awards, BLUE=Non graphics related awards,

cause I dont wanna hear that "well doze r jus for grafix n0t gameplay loz!!!!111" BS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

STurn21

The Firmware updates really didn't cut it for me...especially compared to NXE. And DLC is a big deal to a lot of people (including myself).

Let me ask you something before we continue this arguement. Do you also own a 360?

Yup Elite, bought roughly 8 months ago at £300 from GAME.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 STurn21

Look. The PS3 is the better deal in general. Now that it is 299, it is even more of a better deal. You get a hell of a lot with it. Reliability, Bluray, Free online, WiFi and the fantastic games that are out now and several titles coming out in the coming months. And I think you have underestimated the sales of the PS3. PS3 has sold pretty damn well considering a delayed launch in North America and a double delayed launch in Europe, and of course the higher price etc. (Compared to 360 sales). Its pretty clear people want the PS3. With a lower price and the buzz of the PS3 slim, I think that it will sell well and hold its own against the 360.p4ddym

I completely agree, but again I don't think that all of those things can make up for the rediculous amounts of money they lost for the past few years.

And I am positive that I am not underestimating the sales of the PS3. They got trounced by Microsoft and Nintendo.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="hoosier7"] I agree with you, though you must take into account that AAA and AAAE games will be released on the 360 too, so i'd expect that situation only in a bit of a longer time period.TheArmyGuy48

We must be judging the games purely off of the name. Its not as if journalists are nerdgasming every time they get their hands on GOW3. its not like there have been 3 god of war games (including the PSP game) and every one of them have consistently scored AAA at gamerankings:roll:

its not like The Last Guardian is a sequel to 2 AAA titles at gamerankings either.

as for uncharted 2:

list of uncharted 2's awards (from E3):

And the other two?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

Come back from where PS3 is already the console which gets my whole playtime while 360 and Wii collecting dust since the beginning of this year ( I'm talking about myself only ) who cares about how much it sells.

I only use sales sometimes to determine if that game is good or no ( If the game sold alot then the chances of it being a good game is high ).

Kashiwaba

in most cases yeah, but that is what bugs me because one of this gens best selling game (Mario Kart Wii) pales in comparison to it's prequel IMHO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

[QUOTE="p4ddym"]Look. The PS3 is the better deal in general. Now that it is 299, it is even more of a better deal. You get a hell of a lot with it. Reliability, Bluray, Free online, WiFi and the fantastic games that are out now and several titles coming out in the coming months. And I think you have underestimated the sales of the PS3. PS3 has sold pretty damn well considering a delayed launch in North America and a double delayed launch in Europe, and of course the higher price etc. (Compared to 360 sales). Its pretty clear people want the PS3. With a lower price and the buzz of the PS3 slim, I think that it will sell well and hold its own against the 360.STurn21

I completely agree, but again I don't think that all of those things can make up for the rediculous amounts of money they lost for the past few years.

Didn't MS lose a billion $ on the 360's RROD though?
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

vaderhater

You mean a shovel?? For all their BS spewed before launch and for awhile after?

Yus!

A Gold plated shovel!

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 STurn21

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="p4ddym"]Look. The PS3 is the better deal in general. Now that it is 299, it is even more of a better deal. You get a hell of a lot with it. Reliability, Bluray, Free online, WiFi and the fantastic games that are out now and several titles coming out in the coming months. And I think you have underestimated the sales of the PS3. PS3 has sold pretty damn well considering a delayed launch in North America and a double delayed launch in Europe, and of course the higher price etc. (Compared to 360 sales). Its pretty clear people want the PS3. With a lower price and the buzz of the PS3 slim, I think that it will sell well and hold its own against the 360.hoosier7

Didn't MS lose a billion $ on the 360's RROD though?

1 billion compared to 98 billion.....

Bottom line..M$ still made 17 billion even with the RROD losses...