Why the PC is no more expensive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

I'm gonna get one thing out of the way: I have the 3 consoles, a 3DS, and a gaming PC. Yes, my gaming PC cost $800-$900 and the consoles never ran me over $300.

But I'd like to ask you all a question. How many of you own a computer? Unless you're missing your arms (in which case, how the hell are you typing?), you should be raising your hand since a computer is required to use the internet, which is subsequently a necessity to access this page. Not to mention it's kind of the standard of society and even very poor families will likely have a computer, so I expect everyone to.

Another question: do you ever buy a new computer? Unless you're still using a 1998 iMac or something, the answer should be yes. As technology evolves, as with consoles, you buy better computers. You want better performance, wireless internet, and the ability to use new applications. Now, unless you're using Windows '98, odds are you have at least once bought a new OS that cost over $100.

Now let's just speak with the console gamers. How much was that new PC? Unless it's a bottom of the line Netbook that cost $250, odds are it was at least $500.

Now add the cost of the console to the cost of your computer. If you have only one console, it should come out to a minimum $700 (if you got a Wii or 360 Arcade in the last year and have nothing else), maximum $1,100 (if you got a PS3 at launch).

That's how much you've spent to get both a great gaming experience and the basic services that a computer provides. This begs the question, has a PC gamer spent any more than you? To get a great PC that can max out everything at the time its built without overclocking should cost about $800. In many cases a PC gamer has spent less than you.

So just that has evened out the cost of the two, if not tilted it in favor of PC gaming being cheaper. Now if you pay for Xbox Live let's add in annual charges. I'll be generous, I understand the cost of a 12-month subscription has increased and you can find them on sale, so instead of $300, let's say that over 6 years you've spent $150-$200 on Xbox Live subscriptions. Now you're paying at least $100 more than a PC gamer has over the last 6 years on the system alone.

Let's make it even worse, the MSRP for a big budget console game is $60, while it's $50 for the PC. There are exceptions, obviously, but for argument's sake let's say every game a PC gamer buys at launch saves them $10 the console gamer has not saved. Say you buy 25 games over a gen: that's $250 less the PC gamer has spent.

When's the last time you saw sales as good as the Steam Holiday or Summer sales for consoles? Maybe Black Friday, and hell Steam had a sale for that too! Just this past Holiday Sale I bought what would've cost me well over $300 on consoles for $130.

There's really no way to counter it, the PC ends up cheaper. From the get-go you're not spending any more money when you combine the cost of gaming on a console + a computer vs. just getting a gaming PC, then the games sales and free online (I concede, only an advantage over 360 gamers) create a pretty significant gap that favors the PC as the cheaper platform.

I still give my consoles plenty of time as I'm fortunate enough to live a very comfortable life and can afford to game across all my platforms. I love the variety they provide. However, the PC ends up cheaper very quickly, is much more powerful, allows for any control scheme you want, and has a much larger and higher quality library of games. How can you argue against it?

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

However, the PC ends up cheaper very quickly, is much more powerful, allows for any control scheme you want, and has a much larger and higher quality library of games. How can you argue against it?

oldkingallant

You can't. Hence the tension between consolites and PC gamers here. :P

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"]

However, the PC ends up cheaper very quickly, is much more powerful, allows for any control scheme you want, and has a much larger and higher quality library of games. How can you argue against it?

psn8214

You can't. Hence the tension between consolites and PC gamers here. :P

Yup. They're jelly :P. I almost feel like it's a battle between ignorance and knowledge, even before I built my gaming PC I acknowledged that it wasn't that much more expensive and that it was objectively the best platform. Their are definitely console gamers around here who do that, but the ones who argue with PC gamers are always completely irrational.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1f6975e595b
deactivated-5c1f6975e595b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-5c1f6975e595b
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

You do make a valid point, but then I'd argue (though I'm in no way bothered to defend this position) that by having just a mid-ranged $500 PC and a $300 console, you gain access to a larger library at the expense of graphics, because a $500 PC can still play most PC games on low-mid with an appreciable frame-rate. Though I do agree that the experience offered by an $800 PC is probably more enjoyable

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I am going to assume you bought your rig in 2010 yes? Why would you compare the price of the consoles from 05 to the price of a rig from 2010. Compare 2010 prices with 2010 prices bro!

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oldkingallant

You do make a valid point, but then I'd argue (though I'm in no way bothered to defend this position) that by having just a mid-ranged $500 PC and a $300 console, you gain access to a larger library at the expense of graphics, because a $500 PC can still play most PC games on low-mid with an appreciable frame-rate. Though I do agree that the experience offered by an $800 PC is probably more enjoyable

SystemOnline
There's no doubt that if you have $800 to spend immediately and you want the broadest collection of games that a mid-range PC and a console combined will offer more. But this is more to argue against people who argue that one console is better than just the PC and is always cheaper. A $500 PC, if built with gaming in mind, can run many things on medium settings, but most people on here don't have computers that they made for gaming. All $500 PCs aren't the same, just like an $1,100 Macbook is significantly weaker than an $1,100 gaming rig. Again you have a valid point too, but you don't fully reap the benefits of PC gaming without a high end PC, and in all likelihood within a year or two you won't be able to do anything with it really. An $800 PC is future proof, a $500 one will get it done for the moment but not far beyond. My friend has a $600 Vaio and has been trying to game on it, but all he's been able to run is Super Meat Boy, Starcraft II, and Portal.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

the latest GPU alone costs almost £600......

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Espada12

Harisemo

Why do you need the latest?

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oldkingallant

I am going to assume you bought your rig in 2010 yes? Why would you compare the price of the consoles from 05 to the price of a rig from 2010. Compare 2010 prices with 2010 prices bro!

Espada12
I did. I gave the price of a $200 console (360 Arcade or a Wii) plus a $500 PC like most posters here will have. It adds up to $700. Then you account for one year of XBL on a 360, it's $750, the game savings in one year have added up to over $200 for me in not even a year, so make it $950. I already accounted for the newer prices in my OP.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
PC gaming is more expensive if you're doing it right. More expensive isn't a bad thing at all. I don't know why it's looked at like it is.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Well to my experience PC gaming is for sure more expensive. After all, a graphics card alone can cost more than a console.

The only case where the PC isn't expensive is if you aren't demanding. But playing games on low settings is not exactly fun.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Espada12

to max out games while maintaining good fps

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

oldkingallant

I did. I gave the price of a $200 console (360 Arcade or a Wii) plus a $500 PC like most posters here will have. It adds up to $700. Then you account for one year of XBL on a 360, it's $750, the game savings in one year have added up to over $200 for me in not even a year, so make it $950. I already accounted for the newer prices in my OP.

500 dollar PC offers very little advantage over consoles!

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Espada12

Exactly. My GPU is $220 and during the Newegg holiday sales it was only $180. You don't need the absolute latest technology. I always laugh when I see console gamers trying to tell PC gamers how much PC gaming costs. I'm the one who built a rig that maxes Crysis dude, not you. I know how much it cost me, not you.
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

I own a laptop, my next PC will be a laptop too. To buy a gaming laptop I have to spend upwards of $1,000.00, just to get a current game to run decently. For me, PC gaming is too expensive. Consoles are the only solution for my situation.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Well to my experience PC gaming is for sure more expensive. After all, a graphics card alone can cost more than a console.

The only case where the PC isn't expensive is if you aren't demanding. But playing games on low settings is not exactly fun.

nameless12345

I play on High with a newer graphics card that does not cost as much as a console and can play on High if not Max settings. It all depends on resolution.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Harisemo

Doesn't require the latest dude. Also why do PC gamers have to max out games when consoles don't even come close?

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts

my computer was a free hand me down that is only a Pentium III running at 800mhz. It does everything I need a computer to do as I do no serious entertainment on here. I download high def movies and run all my torrents on it but then I just copy the files onto my ps3 since that's the only thing in my room powerful enough to play high def content. I mainly use this computer for school which often involves heavy duty numerical analysis as I'm a math major. Even then though I can get it done on this bad boy as when you compare it to the supercomputers that nasa used to get us to the moon its actually pretty good. I have no plans to get a new computer anytime soon. Next big purchase for me will be a PS4 after it drops down in price and gets some good games, which will probably be a while.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Harisemo

ermm no? You don't need the latest Video card to max out a game or maintain a decent framerate :?
NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
What if your computer is a laptop? Odds are you're going to a school/university that necessitates it. Cost is completely subjective, for some, it feels redundant for one to buy another PC dedicated for gaming if you already have a computer.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Espada12

I own a laptop, my next PC will be a laptop too. To buy a gaming laptop I have to spend upwards of $1,000.00, just to get a current game to run decently. For me, PC gaming is too expensive. Consoles are the only solution for my situation.

milsvaard

Do you have to buy a laptop or something? because your reason simply sounds like "refuse to buy a desktop so PC gaming is too expensive for me".

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Jankarcop

You don't need a£600 to do that. I've seen your posts, you mostly lie and troll.

lie abot what?

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 oldkingallant

milsvaard
But that's wrong, as I showed a console at launch costs about $400. Over the course of 6 years you end up spending much more than $1,000 when accounting for $10 extra per game, lack of Steam sales, and if it's an Xbox, XBL subscriptions. Even with this massive initial price gap the PC covers itself and ends up the better platform.
bign494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bign494
Member since 2005 • 513 Posts
[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

lawlessx

ermm no? You don't need the latest Video card to max out a game or maintain a decent framerate :?

Depends on your display. If youre using 2500x1600 and or multiple monitors, in which case you have $700 to spend on GPU, it's necessary
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="milsvaard"]

oldkingallant
But that's wrong, as I showed a console at launch costs about $400. Over the course of 6 years you end up spending much more than $1,000 when accounting for $10 extra per game, lack of Steam sales, and if it's an Xbox, XBL subscriptions. Even with this massive initial price gap the PC covers itself and ends up the better platform.

But you fail to mention used games sales on consoles. Renting games on consoles. Trading in games on consoles.
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

[QUOTE="milsvaard"]

Espada12

Do you have to buy a laptop or something? because your reason simply sounds like "refuse to buy a desktop so PC gaming is too expensive for me".

I do have to buy a laptop, my work and school demands force me to spend my money on a mobile solution. and, you are correct, I can't waste my money buying a desktop gaming PC when I need the laptop to work.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 oldkingallant
What if your computer is a laptop? Odds are you're going to a school/university that necessitates it. Cost is completely subjective, for some, it feels redundant for one to buy another PC dedicated for gaming if you already have a computer. NerubianWeaver
Get a gaming laptop. If your laptop is $500, then you add in the $300-$400 launch price of a console that's $800-$900 initial price. Add in cheaper games and such and the price evens out.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 oldkingallant
[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="milsvaard"]

i5750at4Ghz

But you fail to mention used games sales on consoles. Renting games on consoles. Trading in games on consoles.

You're all just ignoring the initial point: a computer + console = or > the price of a gaming PC. The rest is just extra to make the PC cheaper, that alone makes them the same price.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]What if your computer is a laptop? Odds are you're going to a school/university that necessitates it. Cost is completely subjective, for some, it feels redundant for one to buy another PC dedicated for gaming if you already have a computer. oldkingallant
Get a gaming laptop. If your laptop is $500, then you add in the $300-$400 launch price of a console that's $800-$900 initial price. Add in cheaper games and such and the price evens out.

Unless you have a gamefly account and only buy used games. Then your entire argument goes out the window.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

lawlessx

so can you max out crysis (full AA, ultra details etc) with at least 1080p resolution on a £150 GPU?

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="oldkingallant"] But that's wrong, as I showed a console at launch costs about $400. Over the course of 6 years you end up spending much more than $1,000 when accounting for $10 extra per game, lack of Steam sales, and if it's an Xbox, XBL subscriptions. Even with this massive initial price gap the PC covers itself and ends up the better platform.oldkingallant

You're all just ignoring the initial point: a computer + console = or > the price of a gaming PC. The rest is just extra to make the PC cheaper, that alone makes them the same price.

I'm not ignoring anything. I've heard all these arguments before. I simply think you're wrong. PC gaming is more expensive, but for good reason. It's better.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Harisemo

so can you max out crysis (full AA, ultra details etc) with at least 1080p resolution on a £150 GPU?

Did i say you can? no..i said you don't need the latest GPU to max out every game.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 oldkingallant
[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]What if your computer is a laptop? Odds are you're going to a school/university that necessitates it. Cost is completely subjective, for some, it feels redundant for one to buy another PC dedicated for gaming if you already have a computer. i5750at4Ghz

Unless you have a gamefly account and only buy used games. Then your entire argument goes out the window.

No... it doesn't. I beg you to explain how it goes out the window. First off, you can buy used games and have a Gamefly account like you said. Again, stop ignoring the unavoidable point. The cost of a PC + the cost of a console is very close to if not greater than the cost of a gaming PC. By the way there are gaming laptops for $800-$900 that have more power than any console, I'd like everyone to stop pretending they are $1,400 or something.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

nameless12345
You don't have to do it to the max. Just do it better than consoles and you're going even cheaper.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 i5750at4Ghz

I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.ShadowDeathX
Gamefly.com

I haven't bought a console game in quite sometime. Even then I can normally get half its value back at best buy, when I'm done with it.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Tis more expensive when I need a laptop, thats the cost of a laptop+gaming pc. Can't get a decent gaming laptop that will last very long, and they aren't the nicest thing to game on (gets hot as hell and fan is noisey as hell). Steam sales are amazing, but when you don't have unlimited broadband plans where you are you end up paying for more bandwidth just to be able to download them (and even then its barely enough). Then theres the expense of time learning about graphics cards, processors, and trying to figure out why on earth a game isn't working when it should be. So yeah, i'd say PCs are far more expensive to game on.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="oldkingallant"] Get a gaming laptop. If your laptop is $500, then you add in the $300-$400 launch price of a console that's $800-$900 initial price. Add in cheaper games and such and the price evens out.oldkingallant

No... it doesn't. I beg you to explain how it goes out the window. First off, you can buy used games and have a Gamefly account like you said. Again, stop ignoring the unavoidable point. The cost of a PC + the cost of a console is very close to if not greater than the cost of a gaming PC. By the way there are gaming laptops for $800-$900 that have more power than any console, I'd like everyone to stop pretending they are $1,400 or something.

You can build an office PC for like $150.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Harisemo

Even a GTX 460 can handle most games above 30FPS maxed out, 2 will own and cost less than the latest card.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.

Gamefly.com I haven't bought a console game in quite sometime. Even then I can normally get half its value back at best buy, when I'm done with it.

but I like having my games =(.....
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Harisemo

Yes... and I do... With mods... I don't know if you're trolling or ignorant, it's well known that you can build an $800 PC that maxes Crysis with full AA. Granted I play at 1050 resolution because I have a 16x10 monitor, but it could easily run at 1080p. In fact it's the same thing, it's processing more vertical pixels since it's taller.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

If it wasnt more expensive i wouldnt be gaming on consoles now would i.

Just like pc gaming, i can find cheap games really easily, or i could rent them, hell even borrow or buy used games.

How hard is it to go to a videogame store online, find the latest deals and order that game?

I was playing just cause 2 on my 360 and i payed 20 dollars for it, while on steam it was 50 euros, it didnt help that it was 50 euros with its 1 usd= 1 eur

For pc gaming to be cheaper for me, assumptions have to be made, they have to assume i pay for xbox live, they have to assume i pay for my games at full price, they have to assume i buy x ammount of games in y ammount of time to lever the cost of a good gaming pc.

I dont have to mention that a budget gaming pc costs 800.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]What if your computer is a laptop? Odds are you're going to a school/university that necessitates it. Cost is completely subjective, for some, it feels redundant for one to buy another PC dedicated for gaming if you already have a computer. oldkingallant

I'm definitely sure that PC Gamers always recommend desktop for gaming since it's upgradeable/flexible. Regarding the cheaper games, I do agree that steam provides the best deal for games but not all console gamers buy new games. I for one always rent games and buy used if their really cheap. Blowing away $60 is for game is too expensive imo.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.

Gamefly.com I haven't bought a console game in quite sometime. Even then I can normally get half its value back at best buy, when I'm done with it.

but I like having my games =(.....

All fine and well, doesn't change the fact that console gaming can be much cheaper than PC gaming if you want it to be.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] ermm no? You don't need the latest Video card to max out a game or maintain a decent framerate :?oldkingallant

Yes... and I do... With mods... I don't know if you're trolling or ignorant, it's well known that you can build an $800 PC that maxes Crysis with full AA. Granted I play at 1050 resolution because I have a 16x10 monitor, but it could easily run at 1080p. In fact it's the same thing, it's processing more vertical pixels since it's taller.

the $800 rigs don't even include monitor, OS, speakers etc

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.i5750at4Ghz

Gamefly.com

I haven't bought a console game in quite sometime. Even then I can normally get half its value back at best buy, when I'm done with it.

I like to own my games, play more than one at once, and be able to go back to them. Many people do. For that reason gamefly.com doesn't get it done. If you want you can buy PC games retail, STILL just $50 instead of $60, then sell them back.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] ermm no? You don't need the latest Video card to max out a game or maintain a decent framerate :?lawlessx

Did i say you can? no..i said you don't need the latest GPU to max out every game.

so how much does a card that can max out crysis cost?

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.oldkingallant

Gamefly.com

I like to own my games, play more than one at once, and be able to go back to them. Many people do. For that reason gamefly.com doesn't get it done. If you want you can buy PC games retail, STILL just $50 instead of $60, then sell them back.

Like I said above. All fine and well, doesn't change the fact that console gaming can be much cheaper than PC gaming if you want it to be.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I will like to add this. Buying games on console is a hassle and more expensive. I love looking for deals and stuff, to making my gaming habits cheaper. With consoles you have to look up where the sales are going on. You can either do online (which takes a shipping period to actually get to you) or retail, which then you have to drive up to the store and get the game (you use up resources or time getting to that store). PC, I can look up sales much faster, buy much faster, and easier with No-Hassle =D How hard is it to look up a few sites, click three times and download? None and I still save WAY MORE money.oldkingallant

Gamefly.com

Thats great, doesnt change the fact that i can play brand new console games at a much much cheaper price at launch. Which all of this was all about. You dont want to argue semantics.