Why the hate?! Seriously... (56k NEVER)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

I dont get it. *shrugs*

VIRTUAL CONSOLE

WiiWare

AND...

Tales of Graces

Sin and Punishment 2

Dragon Quest X

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers

Endless Ocean 2

Pikmin 3

Silent Hill Shattered Memories

TMNT Smash

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

etc...

....i dont get it.

EDIT: Now POWERED BY E3!!!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid: Other M

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

Most of the Wii games i see at stores (and the ones that getting bought) are shovelware.

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts
Sadly, the only thing that interested me was the Virtual Console and my SNES is still alive.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thunderdrone

Most of the Wii games i see at stores (and the ones that getting bought) are shovelware.

Jekken6
link, pics? Something other than BS evidence
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thunderdrone
Sadly, the only thing that interested me was the Virtual Console and my SNES is still alive.double_heist
*rolls eyes* yeah suuuure buddy
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Jekken6

Wrong.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

I love my Wii.... but I never play it..... I'm not a graphics whore..... but looking at 480p on a HDTV is just painful..... I should just buy a nice SDTV for my Wii.

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 double_heist

[QUOTE="double_heist"]Sadly, the only thing that interested me was the Virtual Console and my SNES is still alive.Thunderdrone
*rolls eyes* yeah suuuure buddy

Huh? I don't get you. :P

Edit: To be honest I think Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia, Cooking Mama, Mario series, and the Trauma Center were cool looking.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
That is certainly an impressive line-up. And it certainly puts the "Wii has no good games only shovelware" idea to rest, but, I'm just not looking forward to anything on that list. Well, not everything, there are a couple I wouldn't mind playing> I'm just more interested in more games on other consoles.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#10 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Who said the Wii doesn't have games?

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thunderdrone

SpinoRaptor24
Are you joking?!
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ego-testicle
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts
Good thread. The upcoming Wii titles look to finally bolster it's overall lineup into something that more "core" gamers will enjoy. About time. Yes the Wii and it's lineup gets some hate it doesn't deserve, but after the arrogant way that Reggie Fils-Aime acts and Nintendo being seemingly oblivious to the needs of it's true loyalists, they deserve most of the hate they get. The way I see it they are pulling a Sony. They are on top, they are getting cocky and forgetting who they are. Sony got a serious punch in the nuts for being so stupid, and in turn it lit a fire under their ass. The result is stellar games and constant upgrades to the infrastructure. Until Nintendo gets that punch-in-the-nuts wakeup call, they will continue to support the casual market because that's who signs their paychecks. Anyway don't mean to derail the topic, the Wii does have a pretty strong lineup, all other factors aside.
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ego-testicle
That is certainly an impressive line-up. And it certainly puts the "Wii has no good games only shovelware" idea to rest, but, I'm just not looking forward to anything on that list. Well, not everything, there are a couple I wouldn't mind playing> I'm just more interested in more games on other consoles.tylergamereview
Same exact way I feel. I appreciate that most of these games are good, objectively, but most of them just were not meant for me from the beginning and don't compel me like the upcoming titles for PS360.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
well they have nice box art atleast..
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

It's not that I hate the Wii, there just aren't enough games I'm into to justify buying it.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Is Guilty Gear XX online?
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpinoRaptor24

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Thunderdrone

Are you joking?!

From what I know, people bash the Wii because of its weak library of games (compared to the other 2 consoles.)

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

That list is cluttered with lackluster-ness.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Are you joking?!

From what I know, people bash the Wii because of its weak library of games (compared to the other 2 consoles.)

Yeah, the weak library of games it had last year. This year looks like an improvement.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Why do people keep mentioning Tenchu for the Wii, it's a broken mess.

Would have been a nice list if it didnt' have multiplats and games not released yet that we can't judge (Indiana Jones).

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thunderdrone

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

SpinoRaptor24

Are you joking?!

You mean the other consoles library that mostly consists of PC ports? Okay. Good games are good games no matter what, but if i want Bioshock, COD, etc etc, i play it where it was meant to be played. Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JLF1

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] Are you joking?!Thunderdrone

You mean the other consoles library that mostly consists of PC ports? Okay. Good games are good games no matter what, but if i want Bioshock, COD, etc etc, i play it where it was meant to be played. Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made.

Then why did you have a ton of multiplats and ports in your Wii list?

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Thunderdrone

Would have been a nice list if it didnt' have multiplats and games not released yet that we can't judge (Indiana Jones).

JLF1

please tell me what multiplats shouldnt be there, i'm very curious

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 double_heist
Oh, and I think the Wii is cute also :P
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Thunderdrone

You said it yourself

"Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made".

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Thunderdrone

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

JLF1

What, RE4Wii? Godfather? Bully? Okami? You mean games the versions that where considered the defenitive? Or maybe Tiger Woods 09? PES09? Yeah, the best versions too
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ego-testicle

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

JLF1

Apparently consistency has never occurred to him. It's the same rationale that had some Wii loyalist in another thread tout his AAE games in one post and call Uncharted (a AAE game) a floppy piece of crap in the next.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thunderdrone

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

You said it yourself

"Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made".

Yeah but the thing is, that little thing called Wiimote, pretty much gives those "multiplates" their own identity. Are you seriously comparing something like PESWii to PES PS360PC ? Or Tiger Woods with its motion controls? Or RE 4 Wii

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thunderdrone
[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] You mean the other consoles library that mostly consists of PC ports? Okay. Good games are good games no matter what, but if i want Bioshock, COD, etc etc, i play it where it was meant to be played. Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made.

Ego-testicle

Apparently consistency has never occurred to him. It's the same rationale that had some Wii loyalist in another thread tout his AAE games in one post and call Uncharted (a AAE game) a floppy piece of crap in the next.

:lol:, please elaborate. This should be gwed
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

Thunderdrone

What, RE4Wii? Godfather? Bully? Okami? You mean games the versions that where considered the defenitive? Or maybe Tiger Woods 09? PES09? Yeah, the best versions too

You bash the PS3 and 360 and claims their libraries mostly consists of PC ports yet you think PS2 ports and downgraded multiplats is OK to mention? You said "Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made" then you claim ports are a reason to buy a Wii.

Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ego-testicle
[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] You mean the other consoles library that mostly consists of PC ports? Okay. Good games are good games no matter what, but if i want Bioshock, COD, etc etc, i play it where it was meant to be played. Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made.

Thunderdrone

The word "best" is very, very subjective. For me, the "best part" of playing Tiger on a 360 is not having to swing my arms. I have been playing PES games since Winning Eleven 2 or 3, I have no desire to relearn the control scheme. Also "definitive" version doesn't make a game exclusive... and to me, the "definitive" version of Bully is the one I played 3-4 years ago on PS2 when it released, when it was new and relevant. Same goes for RE4 on Gamecube.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thunderdrone

You bash the PS3 and 360 and claims their libraries mostly consists of PC portsJLF1
I bashed the PS360? No i said its library is primarily made of PC ports. They have exclusives that justify their existance.
yet you think PS2 ports and downgraded multiplats is OK to mention? You said "Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparsions are to be made" then you claim ports are a reason to buy a Wii.

JLF1

Read my previous post and please explain me why the hell should i disregard PESWii, TW09 as downgraded ports?

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JLF1

Yeah but the thing is, that little thing called Wiimote, pretty much gives those "multiplates" their own identity. Are you seriously comparing something like PESWii to PES PS360PC ? Or Tiger Woods with its motion controls? Or RE 4 Wii

Thunderdrone

The thing is, that little Wii-mote doesn't change the fact I can play those ports on other systems.

If you really want to use that argument I can just as easily claim playing Bioshock on my PS3 is such a huge difference than playing it on my PC that it's exclusive.

Ports are ports. You want to bash the PS3 and 360 because it gets more and much better ports than the Wii you are free to do so but don't try to use ports as a reason to buy a Wii in the same sentence.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
5 games that I'd consider buying. That isn't a worthwhile investment imo.
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ego-testicle

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

Thunderdrone

You said it yourself

Well conversely, the gamepad gives the game an entirely different identity from the Wiimote. I happen to VASTLY prefer traditional controllers to the Wiimote, which I find clunky, uncomfortable, and comically imprecise. You are really high if you think simply remapping the controls to a Wiimote makes a game exclusive.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thunderdrone

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Thunderdrone

The word "best" is very, very subjective. For me, the "best part" of playing Tiger on a 360 is not having to swing my arms. I have been playing PES games since Winning Eleven 2 or 3, I have no desire to relearn the control scheme. Also "definitive" version doesn't make a game exclusive... and to me, the "definitive" version of Bully is the one I played 3-4 years ago on PS2 when it released, when it was new and relevant. Same goes for RE4 on Gamecube.

Sorry but your personal gripes and wierd concepts dont apply to a disscussion clearly based on some form of objectivity. Therefore, theres nothing subjective in calling PESWii the best version, read reviews. And btw, it also has classic controller support, not that you care
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ego-testicle
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="Ego-testicle"] Apparently consistency has never occurred to him. It's the same rationale that had some Wii loyalist in another thread tout his AAE games in one post and call Uncharted (a AAE game) a floppy piece of crap in the next.

:lol:, please elaborate. This should be gwed

Well, I don't know what gwed means, but I'll try and elaborate. You are a hypocrite, just like the other poster I mentioned in that quote. You complain about PS3 and 360 ports and multiplats, then you tout a bunch of Wii ports and multiplats. The poster I was speaking of talked up the Wii's AAE's as great games but called Uncharted, which received the same rating (which he allegedly swears by) junk.It's the same hypocritical, inconsistent fanboyish nonsense in both situations. Was that explanation satisfactory?
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SpinoRaptor24

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

Thunderdrone

You said it yourself

So because a multiplat has motion controls, then it should be considered exclusive?

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Thunderdrone

The thing is, that little Wii-mote doesn't change the fact I can play those ports on other systems.JLF1

lol ITS NOT THE SAME GAME. IT has enough diferences to be regarded as a completely diferent experience AGAIN see PES09.

And why are we in a e-penis mesuring contest with games like TW or PES. These are widely considered GOOD Wii games, regardless of your opinion on the PS360 ports are.

If you really want to use that argument I can just as easily claim playing Bioshock on my PS3 is such a huge difference than playing it on my PC that it's exclusive.

Ports are ports. You want to bash the PS3 and 360 because it gets more and much better ports than the Wii you are free to do so but don't try to use ports as a reason to buy a Wii in the same sentence.

JLF1

WHo the hell bashed the PS360?? Dude dont be so emotionally attached to a damn videogame system/brand.

The Wii is also full of shovelware crap, does it mean i'm bashing it? No, its the truth

Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ego-testicle
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] Sorry but your personal gripes and wierd concepts dont apply to a disscussion clearly based on some form of objectivity. Therefore, theres nothing subjective in calling PESWii the best version, read reviews. And btw, it also has classic controller support, not that you care

Reviews are not objective. You fail.
Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

[QUOTE="Jekken6"]

Cherokee_Jack

Wrong.

That's just around where i live, i don't know about anywhere else.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Thunderdrone

You complain about PS3 and 360 ports and multiplats, then you tout a bunch of Wii ports and multiplats. Ego-testicle

I also complain about the stupid amount of shovelware on the Wii. Am i making the Wii sad?

The poster I was speaking of talked up the Wii's AAE's as great games but called Uncharted, which received the same rating (which he allegedly swears by) junk.It's the same hypocritical, inconsistent fanboyish nonsense in both situations. Was that explanation satisfactory?Ego-testicle

:lol: how on earth do you relate my thread to THAT. This thread is about the Wii and somehow a couple of posters felt the need to defend the HD consoles, WTF?

I said its library is full of PC downports and apparently, feelings where hurt. I also said the Wii is full of shovelware crap, should i expect Wii warriors to come in and defend it at any moment?

Uncharted is great btw

Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ego-testicle

[QUOTE="JLF1"]The thing is, that little Wii-mote doesn't change the fact I can play those ports on other systems.Thunderdrone

lol ITS NOT THE SAME GAME. IT has enough diferences to be regarded as a completely diferent experience AGAIN see PES09.

And why are we in a e-penis mesuring contest with games like TW or PES. These are widely considered GOOD Wii games, regardless of your opinion on the PS360 ports are.

JLF1

WHo the hell bashed the PS360?? Dude dont be so emotionally attached to a damn videogame system/brand.

The Wii is also full of shovelware crap, does it mean i'm bashing it? No, its the truth

Wtf? Are you even aware of how badly you're contradicting yourself (re: BioShock PC/PS3)? Wii game + different controls = totally new game. PC game + different controls = DON'T USE THAT ARGUMENT LOL Multiple personalitites? Did you think you were replying to yourself?
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

I love my Wii.... but I never play it..... I'm not a graphics whore..... but looking at 480p on a HDTV is just painful..... I should just buy a nice SDTV for my Wii.

whatisazerg
so true. I know gameplay is more important , but no one can deny how great would zelda, Mario galaxy or any other wii game would have looked have they decide to go hd. and looking at that list has made me realize that I've overlooked a bunch of great games :( defenetly gonna be picking some up soon thanks TC :P oh and I'm loving the dead space cover :D
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SpinoRaptor24

I said its library is full of PC downports and apparently, feelings where hurt.

Thunderdrone

That doesn't change the fact that their library is superior to the Wiis'.

Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ego-testicle

[QUOTE="Ego-testicle"]

You complain about PS3 and 360 ports and multiplats, then you tout a bunch of Wii ports and multiplats. Thunderdrone

I also complain about the stupid amount of shovelware on the Wii. Am i making the Wii sad?

The poster I was speaking of talked up the Wii's AAE's as great games but called Uncharted, which received the same rating (which he allegedly swears by) junk.It's the same hypocritical, inconsistent fanboyish nonsense in both situations. Was that explanation satisfactory?Ego-testicle

:lol: how on earth do you relate my thread to THAT. This thread is about the Wii and somehow a couple of posters felt the need to defend the HD consoles, WTF?

I said its library is full of PC downports and apparently, feelings where hurt. I also said the Wii is full of shovelware crap, should i expect Wii warriors to come in and defend it at any moment?

Uncharted is great btw

I know I am tired, but you stopped making sense like 10 posts ago. This is inane and I'm done wasting my time. Btw nobody is butthurt, they are all flabbergasted.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

whatisazerg
It is...playing a Wii on a HDTV is looking at what you flush down the toilent.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Thunderdrone
[QUOTE="Ego-testicle"][QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] Sorry but your personal gripes and wierd concepts dont apply to a disscussion clearly based on some form of objectivity. Therefore, theres nothing subjective in calling PESWii the best version, read reviews. And btw, it also has classic controller support, not that you care

Reviews are not objective. You fail.

Then nothing is. And i'm not talking about 1 review. If 45 of 50 critics say a movie is great, then the veredict of all those reviews combined are gonna be the closest thing you get to an objective opinion on that movie. Its flawed, but thats what you have.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"] You bash the PS3 and 360 and claims their libraries mostly consists of PC portsThunderdrone

I bashed the PS360? No i said its library is primarily made of PC ports. They have exclusives that justify their existance.

In the post were someone said that no one is saying the Wii doesn't have games it's just that it's library is weaker than the other two consoles you said.

"You mean the other consoles library that mostly consists of PC ports? Okay. Good games are good games no matter what, but if i want Bioshock, COD, etc etc, i play it where it was meant to be played. Like it or not, exclusives are pretty much what justifies a console´s library if comparisons are to be made".

meaning ports are useless when you compare systems.

You basically said. Yeah, the other consoles might have more games but it is basically all PC ports and who cares about them it's exclusives that matters.

Then you mention ports on the Wii as a reason to own it.

It doesn't fit.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thunderdrone

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="JLF1"]Ports are ports. You want to bash the PS3 and 360 because it gets more and much better ports than the Wii you are free to do so but don't try to use ports as a reason to buy a Wii in the same sentence.

Ego-testicle

Wtf? Are you even aware of how badly you're contradicting yourself (re: BioShock PC/PS3)? Wii game + different controls = totally new game. PC game + different controls = DON'T USE THAT ARGUMENT LOL Multiple personalitites? Did you think you were replying to yourself?

Nope i just messed up my quote.

"If you really want to use that argument I can just as easily claim playing Bioshock on my PS3 is such a huge difference than playing it on my PC that it's exclusive."

^ That part of the post isnt mine