Why Microsoft is slowly but surely going downhill

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

This letter is largely extemporaneous and unedited. I'm hoping that a stream-of-consciousness approach is the most honest way to convey information about how Microsoft rather grandiloquently refers to me and everyone else it dislikes as an unpleasant hedonist. Let's start with my claim that the idea of letting Microsoft establish a world government complete with a world army, a world parliament, a world court, and numerous other agencies that pooh-pooh the reams of solid evidence pointing to the existence and operation of a phlegmatic coterie of stoicism is, in itself, wild. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement, but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation. Even if I agreed that Microsoft's intemperate, surly crusades were of paramount importance, it would still be the case that I have begged Microsoft's assistants to step forth and help you reflect and reexamine your views on Microsoft. To date, not a single soul has agreed to help in this fashion. Are they worried about how Microsoft might retaliate? Many people consider that question irrelevant on the grounds that I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't want me to eavesdrop on its secret meetings. So why does it want to spawn delusions of Chekism's resplendence? I'm sure you already know the answer so I won't bother repeating it. I'd like to emphasize, however, that it's easy to tell if Microsoft is lying. If its lips are moving, it's lying.

Microsoft is an ungrateful, vapid card shark. I use that label only when it's true. If you don't believe it is, then consider that difficult times lie ahead. Fortunately, we have the capacity to circumvent much of the impending misery by working together to place blame where it belongs—in the hands of Microsoft and its soporific pals. If you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about Microsoft's latest antics. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that if I have a bias, it is only against stuporous rabble-rousers who create some spineless, pseudo-psychological profile of me to discredit my opinions. Evil prevails when good people do nothing. But there's the rub; Microsoft's stratagems are malicious. They're unnecessary. They're counterproductive. Whenever I encounter them I think that when I'm through with Microsoft it'll think twice before attempting to force its moral code on the rest of us.

I wonder what would happen if Microsoft really did fleece people out of their life's savings. There's a spooky thought. Not only have sophomoric grafters decided to glorify their treatises by dressing them up as moral and righteous prerogatives, but their Ponzi schemes are being debated as though they were actually reasonable. We've tolerated Microsoft's infernal platitudes long enough. It's time to lose our patience and chill our kindness. It's time to speak up and speak out against Microsoft. It's time to shout to the world that it's not interested in finding truth but only in defending ideas that fit with its world vision. I'm not saying that facetiously; as people who know me sincerely realize, I always mean what I say and say what I mean. They also realize that Microsoft has a talent for inventing fantasy worlds in which it is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. Then again, just because Microsoft is a prolific fantasist doesn't mean that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. I hope I haven't bored you by writing an entire letter about Microsoft. Still, this letter was the best way to explain to you that there is no real way to undo the consequences of Microsoft's longiloquent expositions.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Need a td;dr
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

The make truckloads through Word, Xbox Live and Windows OS.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

Need a td;drMonsieurX

basically how MS needs to realize that people arent trying to buy into xbox live with a recession going on

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
I have a feeling that Sony and Nintendo will follow the same fate and charge for online.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

DroidPhysX

But Word and Windows OS doesn't do anything for there Gaming Division.

Sure Xbox Live will help but if they didn't have Live and they weren't making a profit on the 360 then Microsoft wouldn't hesitate to close that division.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Interesting.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eboyishere

That was the dumbest rant I've ever seen. Full of platitudes and no details. Not sure what it has to do with system wars (it's worst than normal in that respect).KC_Hokie

actually his agruement was well constructed....thats something that people in SW cant due. he actually wrote it out well thought out.just because YOU dont like what he is saying about MS doesnt mean it's stupid....

but anytime someone says something about ms u get defensive.....

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
*Opens Dictionary.com*
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]That was the dumbest rant I've ever seen. Full of platitudes and no details. Not sure what it has to do with system wars (it's worst than normal in that respect).eboyishere

actually his agruement was well constructed....thats something that people in SW cant due. he actually wrote it out well thought out.just because YOU dont like what he is saying about MS doesnt mean it's stupid....

Examples are always nice when trying to make an argument. Otherwise you just create a string of platitudes and/or unsubstantiated opinions.

Something you learn in a basic English composition class.

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts

*Opens Dictionary.com*FIipMode

Seriously... :P Way too many big words that make my head hurt. lol

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eboyishere

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]That was the dumbest rant I've ever seen. Full of platitudes and no details. Not sure what it has to do with system wars (it's worst than normal in that respect).KC_Hokie

Examples are always nice when trying to make an argument. Otherwise you just create a string of platitudes and/or unsubstantiated opinions.

Something you learn in a basic English composition class.

but knocking the arguement because of a few probs:?, as long as it's still easy to understand.....its a lil rough around the edges but it's not a bad agruement...it needs a tl dr verison though.

tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

I see a lot of rambling about why Microsoft has a bad reputation, and speculation about their less than ethical behaviors, but no solid argument about why they are on a steady decline. In fact, most of that is just metaphor and speculation wrapped into a tightly knit fantasy world much like the one described in said rant. It's so easy to establish why Microsoft is declining and yet, the OP doesn't really do so.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

Uhhhh ok, at the end of the day, this is just videogames. To deep for me. :P

doomndukeRback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 doomndukeRback
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
xbox is dying. look at all the hardcore games sony is producing compared to microsoft.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
1) A tl;dr version 2) A blog version
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Are you sure you are not in the wrong place this is too much for SWs.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
*head explodes" Too many big words for me :P
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#20 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Sure Xbox Live will help but if they didn't have Live and they weren't making a profit on the 360 then Microsoft wouldn't hesitate to close that division.

And other companies would keep it up and losing? If any company is losing money on something, and dont wish to try a different strategy they close up production of the losing entity. I understand how many dont like MS' strategy, but the fact is it is earning money. Some how all these financial geiuses who put it down are missing this?
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I would not be surpised if the other companies start charging for online. They got to pay for those servers somehow...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i didnt know much of the words...but it was just insult after insult at microsoft.... didn't read the last paragraph to see where the point was.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

This letter is largely extemporaneous and unedited. I'm hoping that a stream-of-consciousness approach is the most honest way to convey information about how Microsoft rather grandiloquently refers to me and everyone else it dislikes as an unpleasant hedonist. Let's start with my claim that the idea of letting Microsoft establish a world government complete with a world army, a world parliament, a world court, and numerous other agencies that pooh-pooh the reams of solid evidence pointing to the existence and operation of a phlegmatic coterie of stoicism is, in itself, wild. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement, but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation. Even if I agreed that Microsoft's intemperate, surly crusades were of paramount importance, it would still be the case that I have begged Microsoft's assistants to step forth and help you reflect and reexamine your views on Microsoft. To date, not a single soul has agreed to help in this fashion. Are they worried about how Microsoft might retaliate? Many people consider that question irrelevant on the grounds that I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't want me to eavesdrop on its secret meetings. So why does it want to spawn delusions of Chekism's resplendence? I'm sure you already know the answer so I won't bother repeating it. I'd like to emphasize, however, that it's easy to tell if Microsoft is lying. If its lips are moving, it's lying.

Microsoft is an ungrateful, vapid card shark. I use that label only when it's true. If you don't believe it is, then consider that difficult times lie ahead. Fortunately, we have the capacity to circumvent much of the impending misery by working together to place blame where it belongs—in the hands of Microsoft and its soporific pals. If you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about Microsoft's latest antics. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that if I have a bias, it is only against stuporous rabble-rousers who create some spineless, pseudo-psychological profile of me to discredit my opinions. Evil prevails when good people do nothing. But there's the rub; Microsoft's stratagems are malicious. They're unnecessary. They're counterproductive. Whenever I encounter them I think that when I'm through with Microsoft it'll think twice before attempting to force its moral code on the rest of us.

I wonder what would happen if Microsoft really did fleece people out of their life's savings. There's a spooky thought. Not only have sophomoric grafters decided to glorify their treatises by dressing them up as moral and righteous prerogatives, but their Ponzi schemes are being debated as though they were actually reasonable. We've tolerated Microsoft's infernal platitudes long enough. It's time to lose our patience and chill our kindness. It's time to speak up and speak out against Microsoft. It's time to shout to the world that it's not interested in finding truth but only in defending ideas that fit with its world vision. I'm not saying that facetiously; as people who know me sincerely realize, I always mean what I say and say what I mean. They also realize that Microsoft has a talent for inventing fantasy worlds in which it is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. Then again, just because Microsoft is a prolific fantasist doesn't mean that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. I hope I haven't bored you by writing an entire letter about Microsoft. Still, this letter was the best way to explain to you that there is no real way to undo the consequences of Microsoft's longiloquent expositions.

Comduter

See many of your points man. Very interesting what you saying.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
I have started to think that lately with what appears to be a full shift toward kinect games.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Um....what? Seriously TC Microsoft is just a company that wants to make a profit. They are no more greedy that Nintendo (3 year old Mario Kart...still $49.99) or Sony ($599 launch console, everybody will get two jobs to pay for one, etc.).

After reading your eloquently written manifesto. It sounds like your only option would be a plan to blow up Parliament....er Microsoft on the 5th of November with a tube train loaded with explosives..... Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ;)

Fight the power my brother !!!

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

cainetao11

And other companies would keep it up and losing? If any company is losing money on something, and dont wish to try a different strategy they close up production of the losing entity. I understand how many dont like MS' strategy, but the fact is it is earning money. Some how all these financial geiuses who put it down are missing this?

I don't think other companies would keep it up if they were losing.

I'm just saying why mention Word and Windows OS when those are completely different divisions of Microsoft that have nothing to do with Microsoft Games Studios.

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

/

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44690 Posts
I don't see a problem paying for XBL Gold fees, it's $60/year, that's $5/month on average, $1.25 per week, 18 cents per day, but I make the sacrifices (if you can even call it that), frankly I barely notice it, I mean look at rent, $600 a month for a crap apartment, electric bill about $25 a month on average, Cable television with high speed internet bundle was like $150 per month, my health and dental insurance I pay for now costs $200 a month, my car insurance is another $100 a month, I haven't figured in gas and food costs but they're big... anyhow, bills responsibility, life, it's all stressful, I like to play my games and enjoy them when I can, great escapism which we need in this day and age, forget the stresses of life, I enjoy myself most on my Xbox 360 and I don't mind paying the $60 a year for that piece of mind it gives me, it entertains me, I can skip going to the theaters like I used to do, a night at the movies now is costly, $11 tickets, $8 popcorn, $7 soda, that's $26, I can buy one of those greatest hits classic video games I've never played for $20 or less, play it for days, weeks, and it's mine to keep, heck if you just wait you can buy the movie you were going to see on Blu-Ray for that much. It's really not that big of deal paying for XBL if you use it.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Interesting.SaltyMeatballs
Not really.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

I would not be surpised if the other companies start charging for online. They got to pay for those servers somehow...Jak-25

Exactly. Servers, etc., don't come for very cheap. That's why PSN+ was step one to try to make money for that.

Avatar image for TheAcountantMan
TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheAcountantMan
Member since 2011 • 1281 Posts
No they are not.
drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts
MS isnt going downhill. They have the highest selling exclusive on a yearly basis... its called XBL
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

tl;dr

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

microsoft has slipped from the top of everest and have been rolling down for a long time now with windows and pretty much everything els they do .

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Comduter

ugh, i bet you are one of those guys that is all into nietzsche right?

anyway whaaaa, corporations are being all corporation-y boo hoo, why don't you focus that razor sharp perception and pocket thesaurus on monsanto or union carbide or any one of the hundreds of other companies that are evil to the core as opposed to just slightly evil?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

TC, you should be a politician. You have mastered the art of long, elegant tirades that manage to say nothing of any relevance. Congratulations.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Uhm...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cainetao11
First, I believe that OP is plagiarised, with MS substituted for whatever that was first written about. It doesnt fit, imo. Second, what world vision are you supposedly talking about? Whose vision? Yours? Or the actual authors, pertaining to what that is truly written about.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

TC, you should be a politician. You have mastered the art of long, elegant tirades that manage to say nothing of any relevance. Congratulations.

DarkLink77

Lol, so true

I have a good summary: "MS is evil"

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

JuarN18

Lol, so true

That part that got me was when he claimed the post was "extemporaneous and unedited." :lol:
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Um....what? Seriously TC Microsoft is just a company that wants to make a profit. They are no more greedy that Nintendo (3 year old Mario Kart...still $49.99) or Sony ($599 launch console, everybody will get two jobs to pay for one, etc.).

After reading your eloquently written manifesto. It sounds like your only option would be a plan to blow up Parliament....er Microsoft on the 5th of November with a tube train loaded with explosives..... Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ;)

coasterguy65

The only problem is SONY was losing +$250 on each PS3 sold back then still I;m not saying they are not greedy :P.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Lol, so true

JuarN18

That part that got me was when he claimed the post was "extemporaneous and unedited." :lol:

" We've tolerated Microsoft's infernal platitudes long enough. It's time to lose our patience and chill our kindness. It's time to speak up and speak out against Microsoft."TC
LOL

Because nobody talked bad about MS ever! thanks neo-Moses! to show us the way!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

Kashiwaba

The only problem is SONY was losing +$250 on each PS3 sold back then still I;m not saying they are not greedy :P.

better example osf Sony's greed is no more PS2 BC in PS3 so they can sell "Collections" of last gen games for more income.
tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Lol, so true

translation: it's unorganized and has no real plausible argument.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="JuarN18"] Lol, so true

JuarN18

" We've tolerated Microsoft's infernal platitudes long enough. It's time to lose our patience and chill our kindness. It's time to speak up and speak out against Microsoft." LOLBecause nobody talked bad about MS ever! thanks neo-Moses! to show us the way!

That's what I am saying dude. It doesnt fit. It's plagiarsed with Microsoft substituted for the original subject.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That part that got me was when he claimed the post was "extemporaneous and unedited." :lol:cainetao11

" We've tolerated Microsoft's infernal platitudes long enough. It's time to lose our patience and chill our kindness. It's time to speak up and speak out against Microsoft." LOLBecause nobody talked bad about MS ever! thanks neo-Moses! to show us the way!

That's what I am saying dude. It doesnt fit. It's plagiarsed with Microsoft substituted for the original subject.

What was the original subject?
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

what the hell are you on about? they fell down the hill a long time ago. :P

It's true.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
What the hell did I just read?
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

The hell did I just read?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DarkLink77
What the hell did I just read? Karnage108
A tale told by a man with a dictionary, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.