Why is it that we still hear X360 have better library?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Serioussamik
Member since 2010 • 773 Posts

See, I had a 360 and enjoyed many games on it (Halo3,The Darkness,Def Jam Icon,Forza 3,PGR4,Gears 1&2,Fable II, Kameo ,NNN 1&2,ODST,Halo Wars) so I'm not trying to troll.I had to sell it cuz I ran into some financial troubles and when trouble was over decided to get a PS3 in 2010 primarily to play GOW3.

But off late, I saw significant a no. of exclusives like Ratchet and Clank:A Crack in Time,Heavy Rain,LBP2,Infamous2,Resistance 3,Yakuza 4, Motostorm:A ,Killzone 3,Uncharted 3 relesed for the PS3.Also biggies like The Last Guardian,GOW4 are in the pipeline.

I also closely watched the 360 releases in the meantime.I regret selling the 360 (owning two consoles would have been gr8).But must admit,other than Gears 3,Alan Wake,Reach and Crackdown 2 there haven't been many games to make me regret my decision that much.

I can understand the 360 having a bigger library (the console relesed earlier than PS3,it's understandable).But better? I have my doubts on that after seeing releases from both sides since last 2 years.This by no means to say the X360 library is not attractive ot totally devoid of exclusives.

I think Sony have stolen a march when it comes to exclusives in the last few years, even at a time when DMC,Tekken,MGS, and Final Fantasy are not Sony exclusives anymore.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
This place is so damn boring. Same threads all the time. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? You people sure love repeating the same crap over and over again. Nothing is tedious and repetitive to you people, you enjoy monotonousness, why else would you still be here? Even when you can tell from an obvious troll, you still put in the effort to dispel the troll's remarks...every single one of them. I don't understand the point in that, but if it gets you a hardon then godspeed.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

I don't know. Maybe because.... people have opinions? :roll:

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serioussamik

This place is so damn boring. Same threads all the time. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? You people sure love repeating the same crap over and over again. Nothing is tedious and repetitive to you people, you enjoy monotonousness, why else would you still be here? Even when you can tell from an obvious troll, you still put in the effort to dispel the troll's remarks...every single one of them. I don't understand the point in that, but if it gets you a hardon then godspeed. percech

After weeks of "Sony is doomed"/ madness, is it totally unacceptable for someone to logically discuss a point,that too without specifically hating or liking a particular console?

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Because it offers more games overall, more high scoring games overall and more digitally distributed games overall.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

xbox360 definately has more games.

I have a ps3, never play the damn thing.

Silentj0ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silentj0ker
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

Now where Have i seen this thread before....

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I don't know nor care. I only care what's best for me and that is the PS3 without question. The 360 literally only has 3 games for me. Every other games that is on the 360 besides those 3 that I would like to play are either on the PC and /or PS3. I can't justify spending a few hundred dollars just to play 3 games.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Because 2 games a year is hard to explain and defend.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

The 360 has a bigger library, which console has the better library however is entirely subjective.

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serioussamik

Because it offers more games overall, more high scoring games overall and more digitally distributed games overall.

waltefmoney

Agreed.Especially in multiplats so often do we see the PS3 version's score held back due to framerate issues and technical glitches..........but still I feel X360 exclusives has not shown the amount of variety the PS3 ones did.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This place is so damn boring. Same threads all the time. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? You people sure love repeating the same crap over and over again. Nothing is tedious and repetitive to you people, you enjoy monotonousness, why else would you still be here? Even when you can tell from an obvious troll, you still put in the effort to dispel the troll's remarks...every single one of them. I don't understand the point in that, but if it gets you a hardon then godspeed. percech

This is why we need some new consoles. Throw some more fuel onto the fire.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

See, I had a 360 and enjoyed many games on it (Halo3,The Darkness,Def Jam Icon,Forza 3,PGR4,Gears 1&2,Fable II, Kameo ,NNN 1&2,ODST,Halo Wars) so I'm not trying to troll.I had to sell it cuz I ran into some financial troubles and when trouble was over decided to get a PS3 in 2010 primarily to play GOW3.

But off late, I saw significant a no. of exclusives like Ratchet and Clank:A Crack in Time,Heavy Rain,LBP2,Infamous2,Resistance 3,Yakuza 4, Motostorm:A ,Killzone 3,Uncharted 3 relesed for the PS3.Also biggies like The Last Guardian,GOW4 are in the pipeline.

I also closely watched the 360 releases in the meantime.I regret selling the 360 (owning two consoles would have been gr8).But must admit,other than Gears 3,Alan Wake,Reach and Crackdown 2 there haven't been many games to make me regret my decision that much.

I can understand the 360 having a bigger library (the console relesed earlier than PS3,it's understandable).But better? I have my doubts on that after seeing releases from both sides since last 2 years.This by no means to say the X360 library is not attractive ot totally devoid of exclusives.

I think Sony have stolen a march when it comes to exclusives in the last few years, even at a time when DMC,Tekken,MGS, and Final Fantasy are not Sony exclusives anymore.

Serioussamik

360 has better games

Gears is better

Witcher 2 is better

etc

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

IDK but I am still confuse why people kept saying : "PS3 for single player, 360 for online" or "360 if you want to play online cuz it has all the online games"

But well wat online games does 360 have? Halo, Gears............. um.... eh...

Ps3 on the onther has pretty unique online games like LBP, LBP2, Socom, MAG, DCUO, Demon Souls (which is now invalid), Mod Nation Racers, MGO, Portal 2, along with the standard online games like Uncharted, Resistance and Killzone.

IDK why people still say 360 for online, when I dont see really anything different or unique online games that would make me think that 360 is the way to go for online. Just cuz it has alot more people playing COD doesnt mean sh*t

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Numbers dont lie and 360 has indeed a far bigger library of quality games (library = exclusives, 360/PC, 360/PS3 and Xbla).

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Serioussamik

Agreed.Especially in multiplats so often do we see the PS3 version's score held back due to framerate issues and technical glitches..........but still I feel X360 exclusives has not shown the amount of variety the PS3 ones did.

There a lots of good PC/360 games. Just plain exclusives though, the 360 has a powerful back-log. Recently though, the exclusives have been laking the last couple of years. They pretty much have an RPG, (Fable) a FPS, (Halo) a TPS, (Gears of War) and a Racing Sim. (Forza)

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serioussamik

[QUOTE="Serioussamik"]

loosingENDS

360 has better games

Gears is better

Witcher 2 is better

etc

Gears 1 is available for the PC. And so is Witcher 2. Also Witcher 2 looks better on the PC.

FallenAngel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FallenAngel-
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

Because critically speaking, it does.

There are still a few people who perpetuate the "360 has no games" and "360 only had 2 exclusives last year" myths but anyone who knows the real score knows those people are just morons.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I'm sure some like ms better but I like more sony games so I stick with them
Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serioussamik

[QUOTE="Serioussamik"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

DireOwl

There a lots of good PC/360 games. Just plain exclusives though, the 360 has a powerful back-log. Recently though, the exclusives have been laking the last couple of years. They pretty much have an RPG, (Fable) a FPS, (Halo) a TPS, (Gears of War) and a Racing Sim. (Forza)

Absolutely. And yet to release PS3 exclusives also look promising too-The Last Guardian, God of War 4,Tekken Tag tournament 2, The Last of Us,Agent and Final Fantasy versus XIII.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

Well there was that post yesterday talking about how 83% of the multiplats were better on 360. Then there is the AA / AAA list where the 360 was winning that one, then the sales numbers....................God I don't know. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Plus the fact that The Mayans said the end was coming, clearly they were thinking about Sony.

AHugeHugeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AHugeHugeCat
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

Evo_nine
I guess you never play your 360 too then considering PS3 has the same games as it plus exclusives.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
because people have differing opinions?
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

Does anyone buy more exclusives in a year than multiplats?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14422 Posts

XBLA is a massive plus to the 360 library. Toy Soldiers Cold War is something I've been playing lately, not to mention Super Meat Boy, Trials HD, and lots of others.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 onewiththegame

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Because 2 games a year is hard to explain and defend. Heil68

remember when you had a spreadsheet for a sig? is that gone because the 360 and ps3 are tied again for AAE+ games?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AmazonTreeBoa

onewiththegame
Me.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

AmazonTreeBoa

Me.

really? what AAAE did you get this year?

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Because the 360 has hundreds more games and more games with higher ratings on metacritic. Not sure why it's so hard for ps3 fans to grasp this. Just because the ps3 has had a few more exclusives recently that doesn't change anything.
BlackAceII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BlackAceII
Member since 2012 • 49 Posts
Because it does. Best library of this gen. PC/Wii/PS3's library is just bad.
Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#33 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

[QUOTE="DireOwl"]

[QUOTE="Serioussamik"]

Serioussamik

Absolutely. And yet to release PS3 exclusives also look promising too-The Last Guardian, God of War 4,Tekken Tag tournament 2, The Last of Us,Agent and Final Fantasy versus XIII.

Actually, at this point, FF versus will probably be on 360.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
To answer the original question, you still hear it because originally it was true. Now it is not the case, but people always live in the past.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14838 Posts

There is quite a difference between bigger and better.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

onewiththegame

Me.

I picked Up Infamous, Infamous 2, God of War Collection, and Uncharted 2 when I got my kids their PS3 this past Christmas.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

onewiththegame

Me.

You asked him exclusives, not AAAE. Overall I have about as many exclusives as multiplatform games. Some years I buy more exclusives, some less. This year I bought 1 or 2 more multiplats. My exclusives were Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Killzone 3, Socom 4, and Motorstorm Apocalypse.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

Better is subjective. 360 simply has a larger library of games. There's nothing wrong with that, and the option is there to choose either console.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

I think it's because it literally has a bigger game library. I'm not sure about the meta game for the quality department as of now.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
It used to be we would hear this because 360 had more highly regarded exclusives. Now its people trying to convince everyone that multiplatform games are better on 360 and adding in Kinect games that most people dont really care about.
brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

Evo_nine

Yup. And every time I try to give the PS3 a chance it pisses me off. Either the game itself is crap (overhyped exclusive) or the updates/installs take too long or the stupid controller needs charging with my 2 ft usb cable. I can't be bothered with such crap.

When I turn my PS3 on it's to watch a DVD or Blu-ray because that is the ONLY thing I found it's good at.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

It used to be we would hear this because 360 had more highly regarded exclusives. Now its people trying to convince everyone that multiplatform games are better on 360 and adding in Kinect games that most people dont really care about.-ArchAngeL-777-

better than saying they don't count.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts
Then why are you posting here?
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
All these copypasta threads remind me of the So Cash meme from the Chan where it draws out all the new**** and many laughs to be had.
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

AHugeHugeCat

I guess you never play your 360 too then considering PS3 has the same games as it plus exclusives.

No, that's forgetting all the PC/360 shared games that the PS3 doesn't have. They have their shared multiplats, they each have the roughly the same number of exclusives, then you have a good portion of games that the 360 and PC share. That's where the library disparity comes between the two systems, and cows always focus on exclusives in their debate because it intentionally leaves out a lot of games a 360 owner can play that a PS3 owner can't(at least not without having another system). You want this debate to end, you list every available game for all systems and see who has the bigger number. It's not a hard concept, but it is one that kills cows "360 has no games" arguement.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Me.AmazonTreeBoa

I picked Up Infamous, Infamous 2, God of War Collection, and Uncharted 2 when I got my kids their PS3 this past Christmas.

sorry I mean exclusives that came out this year vs how many multiplats that came out this year

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Some people prefer the 360 library.Nothing wrong with that.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Me.-ArchAngeL-777-

You asked him exclusives, not AAAE. Overall I have about as many exclusives as multiplatform games. Some years I buy more exclusives, some less. This year I bought 1 or 2 more multiplats. My exclusives were Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Killzone 3, Socom 4, and Motorstorm Apocalypse.

your right my bad so how many mulitplats did you get this year?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Serioussamik

people probably say that because of the 200 or so more games on it. derp.

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Because the Xbox 360 library is better than the PS3's?

First we take into account the exclusives. There's an equal amount of high scoring ones to the PS3.

Then we take into account XBLA. It's far better than PSN with plenty more high quality games.

And lastly we take into account the PC/360 multiplats it receives. There's many more than the PS3 receives.

So overall it does have the better library on paper, but everyone has their bias, so it's possible to hate the 360 for no reason. It's really up to each person on an individual basis.