Why I think Microsoft is better for the industry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

Recently, SONY professed their commitment to release more new IPs than any other platform holder. Gamers may cheer at this at face value, but no one seems to be concerned about the financial ramifications that will occur if SONY ever succeeds in their vision.

Right now, game development costs have been skyrocketing and studios have been under immense monetary pressure. As a result, many beloved studios have closed. It is only by copying other games and milking franchises that our gaming industry continues to thrive and succeed. Everyone seems to agree with this. Microsoft, Activision, Ubisoft and many others. The only odd one out is SONY, who stubbornly continues to develop amazing AAA exclusive IPs just to attract short-sighted core gamers who care nothing about the industry and only about their own enjoyment. It's sickening.

With the PS4 becoming a juggernaut like the PS2, I feel that we're entering an era where there are only a few big publishers whose power and influence can never be matched. They will stomp on consumer rights, and it is SONY who will bring about this radical change, not Microsoft.

wasted_wlsdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 wasted_wlsdom
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

LMAOOOO You just completely roasted Microsoft and complemented them at the same time. LMAAOOO This thread gets a 7/10. LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

hopefully this alt will be banned soon

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

This a troll, but I hope Sony real goes all out and forces companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft out of their comforts zones the same games every year. Repetitive FPS games like COD and Battlefield losing popularity would be a nice step in this direction. Hopefully games like Destiny and The Division will make them irrelevant in a few years.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

This a troll, but I hope Sony real goes all out and forces companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft out of their comforts zones the same games every year. Repetitive FPS games like COD and Battlefield losing popularity would be a nice step in this direction. Hopefully games like Destiny and The Division will make them irrelevant in a few years.

So you think more studios shutting down is good?

Whether you like it or not, this industry will thrive if more games like CoD were released.

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

So basically you are saying that Sony makes games that are "too good" and it is unfair to their competitors........

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Please,somebody ip ban this troll lol. When he was callofdutyrulez he went on about how MS exclusives are written by 10 year olds.

Don't worry TC, activision will save the industry with another call of duty game. Oh I forgot, the TC is a battlefield fan now. It's EA who will save the industry with another battlefield game releasing next year, because they really care for the health of the industry.

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

yeah, just let the games developers spend ridiculous amounts of money on games development rather than let them learn to control their budgets.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3: Shut. Up.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:
They will stomp on consumer rights, and it is SONY who will bring about this radical change, not Microsoft.

Excuse me. But who was it who first introduced a universal DRM policy to their console but then had to backpedal because of massive consumer outrage?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#12  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

CallofDutyRulez was hilarious

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Atleast we are seeing new titles like Destiny, Watchdogs, Driveclub, Shadow of the Beast, and to even have one more episode of Uncharted is ok but that should be the last in my opinion as is Killzone should be dead after this episode. What we are seeing is great but we need to see more of a variety. Titanfall is proving to be a disaster already with a mandatory internet connection.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Funniest thing I've heard in quite sometime. Microsoft has been nothing but monopolistic and greedy. Not to mention anti-consumer.

But if you like to get milked by MilkingSoft all the power to you. Just remember you need a Gold account to access certain services, you can't even upgrade the hard drive like Sony has let you do for the PS3, and PS4. You have to wait for a future update to enable external hard drives.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

When will BatllefieldFan and his alts will get banned?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3: There's actually NOTHING in your comments that tells us why MICROSOFT is BETTER for the Industry. I think you meant to put SONY in your title, but you were thinking so hard about bashing Microsoft and XB1 in a new thread, that you accidentally put M$'s name in the title. Please stop making threads. ALL OF THEM ARE TERRIBLE GARBAGE!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

This thread sucks. I'm guessing it's not serious.