Why don't you play fifa ultimate team?

• 79 results
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll Why don't you play fifa ultimate team? (52 votes)

Dude I'm from the usa, you might as well ask me if I'm into figure skating 13%
Dude I'm from the usa, I play madden (ultimate team) 4%
Dude I'm from canada, I play nhl (ultimate team) 2%
Dude, I'm from the usa, I play nba (ultimate team) 0%
I'm not good at it 0%
I'm too old for it 0%
I love it, but I wish had legends, I don't have a xbox 0%
Does it have a waifu? 21%
I'm not into competitive sports games 19%
Yeah of course I play fifa ultimate team, what's your team bro? 4%
Where's baseball? 2%
I play another (competitive) sports game 4%
I do play fifa, but I'm not touching that ultimate team scam 12%
other 19%

I have been an avid fifa player since the early days, still from around 2007 till about 2011, I didn't care much for fifa anymore. But in 2012 I started playing fifa ultimate team and gotten simply addicted to it.

It's just a challenge how you can be better than your opponent partially because how well you made your team and/or how well you traded players. It does cost a bit of money and if you're a a careless trader, it can cost you more to break even. Still, this year they added something like fut champions which gives you the opportunity to win a lot more prizes.

But to cut to the chase, since I started playing this, I haven't been playing much else anymore, everything is just not worth my time besides big hitters like fallout and my unconditional love for magic duels and world of tanks.

So my question is this, why don't you play fifa ultimate team?

• 
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

Only play fifa multiplayer on the same screen with my mates. Single matches or tournaments.

Singleplayer for fifa 17 was fun too.

I never played fifa online or FUT.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Only play fifa multiplayer on the same screen with my mates. Single matches or tournaments.

Singleplayer for fifa 17 was fun too.

I never played fifa online or FUT.

well if you like fifa, you really should. Of course playing with friends on the same screen is a lot of fun as well, I had nothing else before this existed but fut is a great experience.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Don't front bro, you know you're itchin to post these.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 commander

@ConanTheStoner: since someone called me out on it I haven't posted them anymore though Lol

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By commander

@ConanTheStoner: how did you find those anyway, I haven't used that fifa 16 picture in ages

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner

@commander:

Screw that man, that's your thing!

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Nintendo World Cup was the last soccer game I put a lot of time into... yeah it's been a while lol.

Look at these sweet ass graphics! Had the 4 player adapter too, shit was bad ass.

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner

@commander said:

@ConanTheStoner: how did you find those anyway, I haven't used that fifa 16 picture in ages

Google image search > Commander Fifa System Wars.

Master stalker Tormentos taught me how.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Because Fifa is crap.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 commander

@ConanTheStoner: they sure did came a long way since that game lol

I should have a have known tormentos had something to do with, he sure knows how to dig up old posts

and he is of course, the only one :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56191 Posts

Never bother with Fifa so I don't know much about the game itself.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ConanTheStoner
@commander said:

@ConanTheStoner: they sure did came a long way since that game lol

lol yeah, but that shit was fun back in the day.

Honestly though, it's been about 15 years since I played one of these games, can't even remember if it was Fifa or PES.

I'm not really into any sports anymore, so there's not much motivation to play sports games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner said:

I'm not really into any sports anymore, so there's not much motivation to play sports games.

Does that include any Mario Sport games as well? I too don't like playing Sport games but Mario Sport games like Tennis and Golf always have that extra fun factor for me to play then actual sport games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
@davillain- said:

Does that include any Mario Sport games as well? I too don't like playing Sport games but Mario Sport games like Tennis and Golf always have that extra fun factor for me to play then actual sport games.

Yeah I'd be more willing to make an exception for silly over-the-top unrealistic sports games like that, but I don't really play any.

The only thing that remotely resembles a sports game that I'd like try is Rocket League. But I'm afraid of getting sucked in, so I avoid it lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: Rocket League does indeed suck you in the more you play so yeah, avoid it if you can. Unrealistic sports is the only way I'll play any sports nowadays.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I play fifa like a football simulation in the single player career mode, so I want accurate seasons to play in like a real season

I don't have the imagination for the pissing about on ultimate team.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 commander

@thehig1 said:

I play fifa like a football simulation in the single player career mode, so I want accurate seasons to play in like a real season

I don't have the imagination for the pissing about on ultimate team.

there's been a lot of effort but in how players actually behave, and a lot of the players do actually behave like they do in real life. Of course season , transfermarkt are more fantasy that what you find in career mode but nothings beats an online win in ultmate team just because you made such a good team imo.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commander

@davillain- said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

mario tennis and golf are sports games.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 commander

@ConanTheStoner said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah I'd be more willing to make an exception for silly over-the-top unrealistic sports games like that, but I don't really play any.

The only thing that remotely resembles a sports game that I'd like try is Rocket League. But I'm afraid of getting sucked in, so I avoid it lol.

I don't get it, so you won't try rocket league because you're affraid you might like it?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I don't play Fifa because Scott Sterling isn't in it,

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

"I love it, but I wish had legends, I don't have a xbox"

"Where is baseball". <---

Gotta love arguing about exclusives.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

No waifu = no buy.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 commander

@i_p_daily said:

I don't play Fifa because Scott Sterling isn't in it,

lol I actually looked for him

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Because sport games are boring.

I am also bad at them, but that is unrelated issue.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shewgenja

Rocket League and Hot Shots Golf are the only sports games I like.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@commander said:

well if you like fifa, you really should. Of course playing with friends on the same screen is a lot of fun as well, I had nothing else before this existed but fut is a great experience.

It seems like a free to play element to the game where you can spend real money to get better players in your team ?

I don't know, haven't played the mode :p

but it doesn't sound very enticing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50584 Posts

Sports game suck.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Cause its Fifa, really nobody cares

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5266 Posts

Why is this question being asked?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By commander

@R4gn4r0k said:
@commander said:

It seems like a free to play element to the game where you can spend real money to get better players in your team ?

I don't know, haven't played the mode :p

but it doesn't sound very enticing.

one of the richest player in the game hasn't spend a dime and he's not a really good player either, but he's a good trader. Of course, spending real money is the easiest way to get money in the game. You can make some good money with playing too though, it's pretty much how I make half my in game money.

However, more expensive players don't necessarily mean a win. you can get owned by someone that has a cheap team, and not necessarily because he's so much better at playing the game but the way you set up your team and which players you choose can have a major effect on how well your team performs.

For instance I'm not that good with skills in the game, but I'm extremely good at making teams, I don't use the most expensive players either, yet I can easily hold myself in div 3, div 2 is doable and div 1 is reachable. That's because I know what my strengts are and I exploit them by choosing the players that fit my playstyle. I'm for instance pretty good at the countergame and defending. So I have players who are good at that, and a formation that fits that. Still I had more money, I would have more options, I have some money in the game, but i'm far from rich, it's also because I test a lot of players and buying and selling players quickly is always something that drains money.

I do have to add that you don't have to be scared for the difficulty level, you start in div 10, and players in div 10 are not very good, and you make money from every match you play, the higher the division, the more money you make. The best prizes are found in the tournaments though and you don't have to win everything to get some nice prizes there.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I like sports games, but I'd rather play other genres than sports

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@commander said:

one of the richest player in the game hasn't spend a dime and he's not a really good player either, but he's a good trader. Of course, spending real money is the easiest way to get money in the game. You can make some good money with playing too though, it's pretty much how I make half my in game money.

However, more expensive players don't necessarily mean a win. you can get owned by someone that has a cheap team, and not necessarily because he's so much better at playing the game but the way you set up your team and which players you choose can have a major effect on how well your team performs.

For instance I'm not that good with skills in the game, but I'm extremely good at making teams, I don't use the most expensive players either, yet I can easily hold myself in div 3, div 2 is doable and div 1 is reachable. That's because I know what my strengts are and I exploit them by choosing the players that fit my playstyle. I'm for instance pretty good at the countergame and defending. So I have players who are good at that, and a formation that fits that. Still I had more money, I would have more options, I have some money in the game, but i'm far from rich, it's also because I test a lot of players and buying and selling players quickly is always something that drains money.

I do have to add that you don't have to be scared for the difficulty level, you start in div 10, and players in div 10 are not very good, and you make money from every match you play, the higher the division, the more money you make. The best prizes are found in the tournaments though and you don't have to win everything to get some nice prizes there.

But when Fifa 18 releases your FUT carries over from Fifa 17 or not ?

What was your opinion on story mode in Fifa 17 by the way :)

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Because I'm an American, and the sports I'm into are football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and tennis. Oh, and I actually do like figure skating too. I used to be a fan of Kristi Yamaguchi and Scott Hamilton back in the 90's.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 commander

@R4gn4r0k said:
@commander said:

But when Fifa 18 releases your FUT carries over from Fifa 17 or not ?

What was your opinion on story mode in Fifa 17 by the way :)

no your fut doesn't carry over to fifa 18 allthough the higher your fifa level , the more coin boost you have in the beginning of the next game. The servers don't shut down when fifa 18 releases as well, there are still people that play fifa 14 ultimate team.

I haven't played story mode, but I let my nephew play it sometimes when he comes over. Can be nice for those young dreamers, or whoever likes that sort of thing. It's quite well done btw and it does give you prizes for ultimate team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I generally only play quick exhibitions in FIFA

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 commander

@charizard1605 said:

you actually play fifa, who would have known, what's your favourite team?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@commander said:
@charizard1605 said:

I play as Arsenal or Chelsea usually. I'd play as United, but my brother always plays as them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Also, yes, FIFA doesn't have a waifu so it can't hold my interest for very long

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja

@Renegade_Fury said:

Because I'm an American, and the sports I'm into are football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and tennis. Oh, and I actually do like figure skating too. I used to be a fan of Kristi Yamaguchi and Scott Hamilton back in the 90's.

I met Kristi Yamaguchi at a Cowboys game back in the 90s.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

I met Kristi Yamaguchi at a Cowboys game back in the 90s.

That's cool. Was she as nice as she seemed on TV?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By commander

@charizard1605 said:
@commander said:
@charizard1605 said:

I play as Arsenal or Chelsea usually. I'd play as United, but my brother always plays as them.

shame united isn't what they used to be , I will never forget when they came back in the last minutes in the 1999 champions league final.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Soccer is stupid. That's why. The real life sport has pretty much ruined it all around for me. There is so much faking injuries and theatrics its amazing.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By commander

@goldenelementxl said:

Soccer is stupid. That's why. The real life sport has pretty much ruined it all around for me. There is so much faking injuries and theatrics its amazing.

in fifa you can't fake, but you're right about the real sport though. Still some referees are able to see through all that.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#43 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Never started it, never felt like it.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
@commander said:
@goldenelementxl said:

in fifa you can't fake, but you're right about the real sport though. Still some referees are able to see through all that.

Refs are usually pretty good at ignoring dives and simulating fouls. Basketball and hockey is even more blatant in terms of diving/flopping/embellishment. Heck, even NFL football is starting to get flopping to draw flags from receivers and kickers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@hiphops_savior said:
@commander said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Refs are usually pretty good at ignoring dives and simulating fouls. Basketball and hockey is even more blatant in terms of diving/flopping/embellishment. Heck, even NFL football is starting to get flopping to draw flags from receivers and kickers.

Um, no.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@commander:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Nintendo World Cup was the last soccer game I put a lot of time into... yeah it's been a while lol.

Look at these sweet ass graphics! Had the 4 player adapter too, shit was bad ass.

Loading Video...

Haha that's the one and only soccer game I've ever played as well.

Can't get into watching soccer, playing it, or playing a video game based on it.

When you're accustomed to NHL players having to be forcibly removed from the ice because they are bleeding from the ear, watching these faeries roll around on the grass like they've been shot is just too much.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By commander

@appariti0n said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@commander:

Haha that's the one and only soccer game I've ever played as well.

Can't get into watching soccer, playing it, or playing a video game based on it.

When you're accustomed to NHL players having to be forcibly removed from the ice because they are bleeding from the ear, watching these faeries roll around on the grass like they've been shot is just too much.

well If want to see blood, I watch boxing or ufc. Football (or soccer or how you like to call it) is not about fights it's about dexterity and skill, scoring a goal from 40 yards is so awesome because it's so difficult to pull off. Dribbling 3 defenders is so awesome because it's close to impossible. It's an experience that a sport like nhl can never give you.

and if you really want to talk how hard the sport is, in football they don't wear protection and those shoes have spikes.

but again that's not what the sport is about, fouls like these you're getting send off. And yeah a lot players do pretend they're getting hurt but if you would know what these guys make and/or the stress they're under to win it's understandable some fake injury to stall the game when they're ahead. The pressure from supporters is bigger than you would expect, it has gone as far as a supporter shooting a player because the didn't play well enough.

I don't see any nhl games with 80 000 supporters.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@commander: Of course not, Soccer is only popular because it's one of the few sports that every dirt poor country can afford to play.

It could be a good sport, but the diving/acting is so out of control, it's completely unwatchable for me. Well, that and the fact that 90% of matches are 90+ minutes of boredom.

Oh, and just rofl at the skill and dexterity comment. As if NHL doesn't require it also.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#49 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

Because I don't like it,soccer is boring IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@commander said:

shame united isn't what they used to be , I will never forget when they came back in the last minutes in the 1999 champions league final.

They are on FIFA though... That team is insane, with a lot of potential