Why does XB1 have the best looking games?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

@Murderstyle75: You must be one of the good ones, which isn't the common denominator here. Side note, who still listens to the radio?

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 RealJaysonguy

@xhawk27: About as many as the Xbox One.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

@ProtossX said:

Ryse seems like a graphics king and killer instinct looks amazing

PS4 the graphics i guess should be better but they aren't i dont understand why xbox1 seems like it has the best graphical games out right now while ps4 doesn't even tho it has better tech why is htis?

Because your an idiot...

lol

lmao

such laugh

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@realjaysonguy said:

@Murderstyle75: Well, considering I have both systems, both systems have exclusives the other doesn't. I thought Ryse sucked, but Dead Rising 3 is great fun. And I've seen Ryse and Killzone running on the same television. Both games look outstanding, and if hard pressed I couldn't pick which one looks better.

Xbox One's rumble triggers are awesome. Ps4's controller doesn't need AA batteries.

Xbox One is getting Quantum Break, Halo, Project Spark, etc. Ps4's getting Infamous, the Order, Uncharted, etc.

The systems' hardware is about as close to identical as you can possibly get without being actually identical. Ps4's a little more powerful, but that doesn't mean the Xbox One won't be plenty of fun and have games that look amazing, which it already does, just like the ps4.

This topic was about graphics where the PS4 is clearly superior.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

whelp........ Ryse was rated graphics king of this generation so far.

Im sure PS4 will one day achieve similar graphics, but the question is when??

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RealJaysonguy

@StrongBlackVine: I doubt the best the Xbox One and ps4 have to offer in terms of graphics are going to be all that different. I wouldn't ever recommend playing Ryse, seeing as the game's pretty derivative and boring, but it stacks up against Killzone impeccably well visually.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

All thanks to the power of da cload! Making xbone games super HD, and run at 120fps! With 4k texture's! But even with all that KZ shadow fall still looks better.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@realjaysonguy said:

@StrongBlackVine: I doubt the best the Xbox One and ps4 have to offer in terms of graphics are going to be all that different. I wouldn't ever recommend playing Ryse, seeing as the game's pretty derivative and boring, but it stacks up against Killzone impeccably well visually.

So once nice looking bad exclusive(Ryse) vs one nice looking mediocre exclusive(KZSF) and every multiplat looking AND running better on PS4? That isn't much to brag about, but if you are supporting Microsoft it is pretty much the only retort.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Wtf did i just read?

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@ProtossX said:

PS4 the graphics i guess should be better but they aren't i dont understand why xbox1 seems like it has the best graphical games out right now while ps4 doesn't even tho it has better tech why is htis?

Because Xbox one is actually the better tech. Same thing happened last gen.... cows claiming the Ps3 to be soooo much more powerful then the 360 and low and behold the 360 was the one that ended up with the better looking games. And yes i had a Ps3.....

iMIAHi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By iMIAHi
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ProtossX said:

I have both consoles. PS4 is for my main normal games such as BF4, Ghosts, Lego etc and X1 is just for the exclusive such as Halo, Ryse, DR3, Forza. However I play my games on a 50". I have BF4, Killzone, Ghosts, Lego on PS4. I got my mate to bring his Xbox One games such as BF4, Ghosts. There is difference between PS4 and Xbox One in terms of graphics. The graphics look better on the PS4 and the movement feels better and more fluid to the eye (due to more FPS).

I have even set both these consoles up to a 40" TV and I'm not talking about crappy models. Both TV's I have are Sony (so you know the quality is going to be great). Point I am making here is on a 40" or smaller TV you won't see the difference in graphics that much but if you have a TV bigger than lets says 50" and above you can definitely tell the difference! It depends on the TV and the correct modes that you set it to eg 720 or 1080p.

Certain PS4 games have native 1080p support where as Xbox One games are 720p but upscaled to 1080p. Lets say your TV only supports 720p then how on earth are you meant to see the difference in 1080p which the PS4 supports?

May I know what make and model your TV is and what mode you have set it on?

BTW Killzone Shadow Fall has to be the best looking game by far and second it has to be Ryse. Killer Instinct meh, graphics are not all that. Wait until Street Fighter is released :)

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RealJaysonguy

@indigenous_euphoria: The reason games typically ran better on 360 isn't because of the hardware, but more because of how the ps3 was designed, which used really unfamiliar technology.

Because of that, most third party games were made on Xbox 360 first and then ported to the ps3, as creating games on ps3 first was very difficult to port over to 360 effectively.

That being said, ps3 exclusives had more graphical oomph than 360 exclusives, especially Naughty Dog's games, but in the end Microsoft's best like Halo 4 and Gears: Judgment (which I never bothered playing) still held up pretty well to ps3.

indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By indigenous_euphoria

@realjaysonguy said:

@indigenous_euphoria: The reason games typically ran better on 360 isn't because of the hardware, but more because of how the ps3 was designed, which used really unfamiliar technology.

Because of that, most third party games were made on Xbox 360 first and then ported to the ps3, as creating games on ps3 first was very difficult to port over to 360 effectively.

That being said, ps3 exclusives had more graphical oomph than 360 exclusives, especially Naughty Dog's games, but in the end Microsoft's best like Halo 4 and Gears: Judgment (which I never bothered playing) still held up pretty well to ps3.

Except no one seems to be talking about the unfamiliar parts of the X1 (the move engines) ext.... which as far as im aware MS drivers aren't taking advantage of yet or at least not unless your a first part dev. And i would have to disagree about the ps3 having more graphical oomph with it's exclusives. Only decent looking exclusive was God Of War 3 IMO....

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Ryse looks pretty good for an xbone game, no doubt about it. That's what happens you get the best graphical developer in the business (Crytek) to create the game with the smallest scale and the least minimal amount of character design possible. Everyone knows Shadowfall is a much better piece of graphical prowess. It's not possible on the xbone.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#65 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Art design goes a long way in terms of graphical quality overall, and I certainly like that aspect of Ryse. Even though the PS4 is more powerful than the X1 in terms of raw power, on some levels anyways, that doesn't mean that someone could not be easily more impressed with an XBox One game than a PS4 game. It's not just about resolutions and framerates.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Ryse graphics are overrated. It looks good, yes. But it also looks boring. Too clean and sterile. Killer Instinct is a last gen fighter with neat particle effects.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 RealJaysonguy

@indigenous_euphoria: The ps3 was an interesting beast. The video card and processor outperformed the Xbox 360, but it also had half the RAM, which is one of the reasons there were so few split screen games on the system.

indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By indigenous_euphoria

@realjaysonguy said:

@indigenous_euphoria:

The ps3 was an interesting beast. The video card and processor outperformed the Xbox 360, but it also had half the RAM, which is one of the reasons there were so few split screen games on the system.

The ps'3 gpu didn't out preform the 360's it was the cpu that did. The 360's unified gpu was way better then the ps'3 everyone knows that lol

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@indigenous_euphoria: Hmm, I did a bit of digging and apparently it is.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@indigenous_euphoria:

Explain this better tech to us.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Lems are scared after the big Xbone leak showed that they have very little to look forward to for the next two years, other than buying another Xbone for the bigger hard drive because you can't replace the meagre piece of shit in current SKUs yourself.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The Trolling is cute TC but everybody knows Xbone can't compete with PS3 let alone PS4

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RealJaysonguy
@Pray_to_me said:

The Trolling is cute TC but everybody knows Xbone can't compete with PS3 let alone PS4

Takes a troll to know a troll, and that my friend is the post of small, wart-covered, bedazzled midget with crazy neon hair. (anybody born closer to 2000 will have no idea what that reference is).

indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 indigenous_euphoria

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems are scared after the big Xbone leak showed that they have very little to look forward to for the next two years, other than buying another Xbone for the bigger hard drive because you can't replace the meagre piece of shit in current SKUs yourself.

Im a gamer not a Lem. Just because i prefer xbox over ps doesn't make me a lem lol....because i like both! And what does ps have coming out in the next 2 years that is so great? Im getting one eventually because i have to play the new God of War if there is one. There is just nothing on the ps'4 that i want at the moment at least that I've seen I just like xbox exclusives and controller more then the ps exclusives and controller. Oh and i plan on getting another xbox one anyway one for each room. Had 3 360's and 2 ps'3.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 RealJaysonguy

@indigenous_euphoria: I mean we really don't know what any of the systems have coming past the next few months. I have a feeling we'll hear a ton at e3 from everyone.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@realjaysonguy:

Well I certainly listen to the radio still and really like a break from modern technology. Especially when listening to one of the local morning shows here.

Anyways. I've been an Xbox gamer for a very long time and while I am also a regular member of the Playstation community, Xbox had always been my favored platform until the vision changed. Most of the arguements are always cows vs lems however my arguement has always been about pre 2011 Xbox vs Post 2011 Xbox. And unlike a lot of former 360 owners, I didn't just jump on the hate train with the announcement of the Xbox One. While I do dislike what they have done to the platform with the new console, my issues start much earlier. I mean I didn't spend 18 hours in line at Best Buy during below zero wind chills in 2005, expecting the 360 to become what it has over the past few years.

Now I'm getting a next gen console very soon and right now I'm 98% sure its the PS4. It was about 60/40 until it was announced that the dev I've been following for a long time now, Black Tusk (MGS Vancouver) has been downgraded to Gears of War. Part ofvmecwas hoping there would be change for the better however now its pretty apparent that were looking at Same Ole Microsoft. Maybe one day I'll buy one but until the day comes when their AAA in house studios aren't lowered to scab workers, its not going to happen.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pray_to_me

@realjaysonguy said:
@Pray_to_me said:

Takes a troll to know a troll, and that my friend is the post of small, wart-covered, bedazzled midget with crazy neon hair. (anybody born closer to 2000 will have no idea what that reference is).

Sorry my child PS3 games look better:

please feel free to cry

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@Murderstyle75 said:

@realjaysonguy:

Well I certainly listen to the radio still and really like a break from modern technology. Especially when listening to one of the local morning shows here.

Anyways. I've been an Xbox gamer for a very long time and while I am also a regular member of the Playstation community, Xbox had always been my favored platform until the vision changed. Most of the arguements are always cows vs lems however my arguement has always been about pre 2011 Xbox vs Post 2011 Xbox. And unlike a lot of former 360 owners, I didn't just jump on the hate train with the announcement of the Xbox One. While I do dislike what they have done to the platform with the new console, my issues start much earlier. I mean I didn't spend 18 hours in line at Best Buy during below zero wind chills in 2005, expecting the 360 to become what it has over the past few years.

Now I'm getting a next gen console very soon and right now I'm 98% sure its the PS4. It was about 60/40 until it was announced that the dev I've been following for a long time now, Black Tusk (MGS Vancouver) has been downgraded to Gears of War. Part ofvmecwas hoping there would be change for the better however now its pretty apparent that were looking at Same Ole Microsoft. Maybe one day I'll buy one but until the day comes when their AAA in house studios aren't lowered to scab workers, its not going to happen.

I was pretty down on MS post 2011 as well. I agree that it turned into a system that I didn't think I was paying for, specifically the number of exclusive titles that came out. I bought the 360 expecting Rare to make video games. At the same time, while I was reluctant to buy into the One after spending on a ps4, I knew that because my favorite 360 game was Alan Wake, the second Quantum Break came out I was going to splurge on an Xbox anyway, so I pounced.

The one thing I find enticing is Microsoft's insistence they're looking into their library of dead IP and consider bringing some of it back. If there's a new Banjo game, or really anything from Rare's glory days, my Xbox One purchase will be well worth it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@realjaysonguy said:
@Pray_to_me said:

Sorry my child PS3 games look better:

please feel free to cry

at least put some effort into your trolling

indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By indigenous_euphoria

@Murderstyle75 said:

@realjaysonguy:

Hmmm i was super excited that MS acquired the rights to Gears and is intrusting Black Tusk to take on the project. Plus aren't they a pretty big team? it's possible that gears isn't the only thing they are working on lol.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#81 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@I_can_haz said:

I'm guessing you're either in Stage 3 or Stage 4 on the Xbone Cycle of Acceptance. The recent COD and TR scandals disagree with you on everything you just posted.

But Ryse looks way better than tomb raider and CoD on ps4 so why would that matter the best graphics kings on the one ps4 has ports that look worse than exclusives on the one the kings are on the one

Comparing Ryse to CoD and a PS3 game ported to ps4......

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pray_to_me

@lostrib:

Loading Video...

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@lostrib: Yep. I agree. And I'm a bigger Playstation fan, anyway. But while Last of Us looks fantastic, still shots don't truly portray the graphical quality... There's a huge need of anti-aliasing that the ps3 couldn't handle for a game like Last of Us.... But while Last of Us is a superior game to Ryse, there's no denying that Ryse is a very pretty work.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lostrib

@Pray_to_me said:

@lostrib:

Why would I care about xbox one?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Just came in here to remind some cows that it is confirmed..............Ryse is console graphics king. Now kneel!

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 RealJaysonguy

@FoxbatAlpha: If only it was a good game.... But of course that doesn't matter to gamers.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GrenadeLauncher

Kind of sad that lems have to cling to shitfest Ryse to justify their misguided purchase.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Kind of sad that lems have to cling to shitfest Ryse to justify their misguided purchase.

why do you care?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GrenadeLauncher
@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

why do you care?

Because Ryse is everything wrong with modern vidya and the sooner Cevat Yerli stops making games the better.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

why do you care?

Because Ryse is everything wrong with modern vidya and the sooner Cevat Yerli stops making games the better.

They're not talking about the quality of the game, just the graphics. But why do you care so much what other people spend their money on

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Take that 900p, <30fps blur fest of a Ryse out of a graphics king thread please.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@AzatiS said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

*cracks knuckles*. Well, in my eyes the X1 has more sophisticated hardware over the paper spec'd PS and 4. It is not even fully realized yet so these games are just a taste of what is to come.

Keep dreaming.

This is not oldschool console war with totally custom made chips . You can tell who is better hardware wise pretty easily simply because they using PC hardware. Something thats been tested for 25 years every week..no i dare to say everyday.

Multiplatforms to run smoothly on PS4 at 1080p while struggling for X1 on 720p... What sophisticated you talking about !!? Thats totally ownage!

SMH. If Sony, IGN, N4G, NeoGAF and the others have you this brainwashed then I will just leave it at that. There is no saving you now.

Really ? What the heck you talking about !! On papers X1 is way behind. How is possible to catch up when its GPU is way worse ? How is possible to say is all about sophisticated hardware when major multiplatforms playing 1080p on PS4 and 720p on X1 !!

Who is the brainwashed here , are you serious ?! You are the brainwashed sadly and all you doing is daydreaming ! Face the truth and move on.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

God of War 3 actually looks much better than Ryse, graphically. It's already been proven. :-\

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@gpuking said:

Take that 900p, <30fps blur fest of a Ryse out of a graphics king thread please.

obviously you havn't seen or played ryse....GTFO

Played it on my Bravia HX955 65" and it looked noticeably blurrier than killzone, Tomb Raider, AC4 and COD. The game is nowhere near a graphic marvel like some lems are claiming to be.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#97  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

XB1 doesn't have the best looking games.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

On don't worry lems, just like last gen PS3 outmuscled the 360 in graphics, PS3 exclusive games looked incredible.

PS4 is more powerful. Your drinkin too much of that Kool aid they are giving you. Don't forget once the Xflop utilizes the cloud it will be "2-3 times more powerful"

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Just came in here to remind some cows that it is confirmed..............Ryse is console graphics king. Now kneel!

By who Microsoft?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

*cracks knuckles*. Well, in my eyes the X1 has more sophisticated hardware over the paper spec'd PS and 4. It is not even fully realized yet so these games are just a taste of what is to come.

LOL, whatever helps you sleep at night.

To the TS's original premise, we haven't seen anything for the PS4 out of Sony's best development studios yet, so I doubt that Xbox will have the generation's "Graphics King" for too terribly long.