Why does everyone hate COD now?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Camer999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Camer999
Member since 2009 • 1729 Posts

Everyone I have seen loved 4 and people are hating on five, when it is just four but explored differently(WW2). Now people are hating on 6? Also, I never liked COD4 I like halo alot more and can't play cod for more than an hour without getting bored, I am just wondering why people suddenly hate it?

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Well, when something sells well (like 10-15 million plus) it will naturally have unsatisfied consumers. People will actually play COD4, 5 or 6 and NOT like it.

To be fair, it is a good game series, i just hate FPS where all you have to do is stand behind something to recover health and let the red on your screen disappear. I think its stupid and cheap. But thats me.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Well the next modern warfare isnt part of COD anymore.

And the other devs whoi now handle COD were the worse ones anyway 9although COD5 imo was a superb game)

Part of the problem is probably the guns in COD5, not as accurate online and less customisation options?

Plus i think people just generally like the setting of modern times much more.

As for hating on MF2, ive not seen any and I cant wait for it.

Avatar image for Deathtactician8
Deathtactician8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deathtactician8
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts
Its just overrated.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I have always always hated Call of Cuty ever since before 4 was released.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

they dont. its just the small percentage that don't like it are far more vocal than the overwhelming amount that do like it.

13Th_Gray_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 13Th_Gray_Fox
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts

1. Story is stupid

2. Lack of a hero (like Master chief or gordon freeman)

irish4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 irish4eva
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts
they want to stand out
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

i find nothing wrong with the series it can get old though.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@W
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

1. Story is stupid

13Th_Gray_Fox
what do you expect? its a war-based shooter. not fantasy or scifi
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NinjaMunkey01
Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@WWii_Gamer_277
Doesnt stop the fact that if your a fan of online gaming then that game will just be purely awesome. And what shooter series these days isnt a re hash with new guns? Halo, gears, resistance, all of them can be considered rehashes. But all of them are also great games.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@WWii_Gamer_277
Ok so by that definition, how is Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, L4D2, and the countless other rehashes not "milkage"?
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I have noticed the decline in COD praise lately and I have no clue why TBH.

Personally I was never in love with the series but I do thing 3 and 4 were great. Im looking forward to MW2.

CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts

1. Story is stupid

13Th_Gray_Fox
Well when the setting changes from WWII to present you can't really have a hero.
Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@Wh575309
Ok so by that definition, how is Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, L4D2, and the countless other rehashes not "milkage"?

SSBB is not milkage.

The rest, meh, whatever.

best Mario Kart was on the N64.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@Wh575309

I would say L4D2 is milkage since the first hasn't even been out that long to warrant a sequel already.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
because its too linear.... ohh well whatever atleast you dont have to shoot someone 1000000000000 times to die and its very polished without bugs...so scew the haters, infinity ward makes truckloads of money without putting much effort in it, like amazing psychics or ai, ao we will always have cod games, let em hate.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@WxXDrPainXx

I would say L4D2 is milkage since the first hasn't even been out that long to warrant a sequel already.

you want milkage? play the "recycling stalker series"
Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wii_Gamer_277

L4d2 is the only one on your list that I consider a rehash, SSBB and Mario kart dont come every year with minimal improvements. CoD on the other hand is milkage since last gen started there has been a steady pace of CoD games with minimal improvment over the other yet they charge full price for the game :?
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I was actually getting bored of the COD series till COD4. that was a great game. loved that single player campaign.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NinjaMunkey01
[QUOTE="CannedWorms"][QUOTE="13Th_Gray_Fox"]

1. Story is stupid

Well when the setting changes from WWII to present you can't really have a hero.

Surely its better having a faceless person to play, its more immersive as your just yourself playing. Instead of controlling master chief... And how many FPS games have good stories these days??? And does it matter when youve got some great battles and set pieces???
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
I might just rent it for single player, because the first one's SP was pretty epic. Don't know about MP though. Is there going to be vehicles or anything?
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Because knowing CoD4 sold well there going to hop on the "Guitar Hero Milkage" Train and ride it all the way to the bank..

Which is not neccessarly a bad thing. there making money and pumping out games as well, but i swear...if i see Call of Duty 7, i will kill somebody.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Having played them to death may have something to do with it.

Raining__Blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Raining__Blood
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts
COD WAW is not COD5 :? Why people call it 5?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Because it's boring now, despite how well made Call of Duty 4 was, it can be a chore to play. It also doesn't take any skill, and the campaigns really aren't that replayable either.

Death to Call of Deja vu.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 organic_machine

Because it's boring now, despite how well made Call of Duty 4 was, it can be a chore to play. It also doesn't take any skill, and the campaigns really aren't that replayable either.

mitu123

Yep, I agree totally. CoD 4 was well made, no doubt. But it really was, IMO, a total chore to play. 2002 gameplay with totally static enviornments? No thanks, I'll pass.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Because CoD is milkage and the people that buy it are supporting this milkage. CODMW2 is just a rehash with new guns and a new mode (kinda like what 5 was) I wont be buying into activisions milkage this year my last game was W@WWii_Gamer_277

L4d2 is the only one on your list that I consider a rehash, SSBB and Mario kart dont come every year with minimal improvements. CoD on the other hand is milkage since last gen started there has been a steady pace of CoD games with minimal improvment over the other yet they charge full price for the game :?

as far as Im concerned, WaW isnt a true CoD, that is most definitely rehash. But MW2 is IW product, and will be a quality product just like MW. And honestly, SSBB is the most rehashed game I have played this gen, that joke of a single player was horrible. And no it doesnt come out every year, but every gen with minimal improvements. Mario Kart is the definition of milking a franchise, how much has changed since the original? If you sat reggie alone in a room he would admit it. The Mario Kart name sells, its an obvious cash cow.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#30 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

As for myself, it is more that I am just getting sick of so many shooters every year. Modern Warfare 2 is looking good visually. It is just the fact that it is yet another year and yet another usual FPS being mentioned with the holiday season's top shelf games. Do not get me wrong, I still enjoy shooters, they just take a back seat to RPG's and action adventure titles for me.

The only shooters I am hyped for this year are Wolfenstein, Red Dead Redemption and Borderlands, which is actually an RPG/FPS hybrid. Other than those 3,which are more campaign driven, I just do not think I will be able to handle anymore shooters this year. Especially typical war first person shooters that mainly are online frag fest driven.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

organic_machine

Yep, I agree totally. CoD 4 was well made, no doubt. But it really was, IMO, a total chore to play. 2002 gameplay with totally static enviornments? No thanks, I'll pass.

Hey, you're back, I had to force myself to finish it, LOL, well, at least I maxed it out to see the pretty graphics.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

people like to hate things that everyone else likes..they think it gives them individuality...-_-;

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wii_Gamer_277
[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"][QUOTE="h575309"] Ok so by that definition, how is Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, L4D2, and the countless other rehashes not "milkage"?h575309

as far as Im concerned, WaW isnt a true CoD, that is most definitely rehash. But MW2 is IW product, and will be a quality product just like MW. And honestly, SSBB is the most rehashed game I have played this gen, that joke of a single player was horrible. And no it doesnt come out every year, but every gen with minimal improvements. Mario Kart is the definition of milking a franchise, how much has changed since the original? If you sat reggie alone in a room he would admit it. The Mario Kart name sells, its an obvious cash cow.

Ummm W@W is a CoD game stop being a Treyarch hater And your seriosuly calling SSBB a rehash ? :lol: Brawl has a ton more features and gameplay elements then melle and your calling it a rehash :roll: The last Mario kart for consoles was double dash and that came out in 2003 and Mario kart wii came out 5 years later with many imporvments over the formula. So you have no idea what a rehash and milkage is if your calling Mario kart and Brawl rehashes and CoD a "quality product"
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 organic_machine

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

Hey, you're back, I had to force myself to finish it, LOL, well, at least I maxed it out to see the pretty graphics.

Yeah, schools been busy. I had to drop a class just to give myself time to study. So yeah, CoD 4 just had some bad gameplay design. It's AI was terrible, and to make up for it, they just spawned dozens of them with infinite respawns. Yeah, bad game design FTL.

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

It refuses to evolve in any meaningful way beyond what was already present in CoD2.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Fantastic campaign on 4. 5 had an awful campaign. Both had awful multiplayer. Dumbed down to it's simpliest form for mass appeal. Add in yearly sequals and it gets old very fast.

I'll be buying it this year for the campaign but i doubt i'll majorly touch the multiplayer. I'll be heading back to halo this year.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
1. It doesnt deserve to be this popular, it isnt a god sent from the heavens to cleanse the world of all bad games as some might make you believe 2. With popularity comes the most retarded online community I have ever had the displeasure of playing with. 3. It's the same linear highly scripted COD we've been playing for years, just with better graphics and a new setting. 4. There are much, much better games coming out this year that I would rather be playing 5. Activison is run by the devil 6. Highly priced map packs, $70 games(That never drop in price), worthless DLC I think that those are logical reasons to never want to play COD5.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Everyone I have seen loved 4 and people are hating on five, when it is just four but explored differently(WW2). Now people are hating on 6? Also, I never liked COD4 I like halo alot more and can't play cod for more than an hour without getting bored, I am just wondering why people suddenly hate it?

Camer999
People always like to diss the top dog. Just like everyone needs to claim at least once in their lifetime how they hated WoW like its some rite of honour amongst gamers. Or put in any other top and highly successful/critically acclaimed games.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NinjaMunkey01

It refuses to evolve in any meaningful way beyond what was already present in CoD2.

DucksBrains
If youve got gameplay perfect then why change it? The worst thing is when devs feel the need to add something new and end up ruining the gameplay...
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Let see, the game started out with large epic open scale battles in both MP and SP (the smallest map in cod 1 is bigger than the biggest map in cod 4), it now has smaller close quarters battles, the game also had balanced guns and lack of a UAV, so flanking was a very big threat in MP games, again in Cod4 UAV all but nullifies any flanking that you can possibly do and promotes camping and assists in the nade spamming trendously. In shipment I've literally thrown grenades where the red dots were and racked up tons of kills, it was stupid and this noobified MP really turned me off from the series.

13Th_Gray_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 13Th_Gray_Fox
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts

After all it is releasing each year

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mitu123

The multiplayer is more overrated than the campaigns as well, I can never get into it.

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

[QUOTE="DucksBrains"]

NinjaMunkey01

If youve got gameplay perfect then why change it? The worst thing is when devs feel the need to add something new and end up ruining the gameplay...

Gameplay perfect? :lol:

Maybe you're satisfied with stagnation but I certainly am not.

deadesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 deadesa
Member since 2005 • 1706 Posts
I don't like the vocal outcry about COD games being rehashes because i can't disagree more. Each game since COD2 has been vastly different from its predecessor (well as different as a FPS can be), usually adding a new game mode/game mechanic each year. Moreover these games are not meant to be purchased for their single player campaigns, they are all about online experience and each new installment delivers continually each year. Obviously people who dislike the franchise just don't enjoy FPS games or are uber halo fanboys (nothing against halo i just find the game play of COD to be more challenging and deeper). I look forward to modern warfare 2 because i have a lot of faith in infinity ward!
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I don't like the vocal outcry about COD games being rehashes because i can't disagree more. Each game since COD2 has been vastly different from its predecessor (well as different as a FPS can be), usually adding a new game mode/game mechanic each year. Moreover these games are not meant to be purchased for their single player campaigns, they are all about online experience and each new installment delivers continually each year. Obviously people who dislike the franchise just don't enjoy FPS games or are uber halo fanboys (nothing against halo i just find the game play of COD to be more challenging and deeper). I look forward to modern warfare 2 because i have a lot of faith in infinity ward! deadesa

:lol: really man?

deadesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deadesa

[QUOTE="deadesa"]I don't like the vocal outcry about COD games being rehashes because i can't disagree more. Each game since COD2 has been vastly different from its predecessor (well as different as a FPS can be), usually adding a new game mode/game mechanic each year. Moreover these games are not meant to be purchased for their single player campaigns, they are all about online experience and each new installment delivers continually each year. Obviously people who dislike the franchise just don't enjoy FPS games or are uber halo fanboys (nothing against halo i just find the game play of COD to be more challenging and deeper). I look forward to modern warfare 2 because i have a lot of faith in infinity ward! Espada12

:lol: really man?

Seriously, for one i don't play the normal online mods, always hardcore because that where the real fun is. Also about the rehash statements each new year continues to produce GREAT new game modes. Zombies in WaW, the level and prestige system in 4, just the overall "funness" of 2's multiplayer, and i didn't really care for 3 to much lol. But to each his own i guess

in addition compared to halo's online which consists of running at a person shooting then meleeing i find it to be FATHOMS deeper

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mitu123
I don't like the vocal outcry about COD games being rehashes because i can't disagree more. Each game since COD2 has been vastly different from its predecessor (well as different as a FPS can be), usually adding a new game mode/game mechanic each year. Moreover these games are not meant to be purchased for their single player campaigns, they are all about online experience and each new installment delivers continually each year. Obviously people who dislike the franchise just don't enjoy FPS games or are uber halo fanboys (nothing against halo i just find the game play of COD to be more challenging and deeper). I look forward to modern warfare 2 because i have a lot of faith in infinity ward! deadesa
I enjoy a lot of FPSs and found the online in these new COD games to be overrated... And I'm pretty sure people buy games for both SP/MP, you get your money's worth off of that.
deadesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deadesa
I enjoy a lot of FPSs and found the online in these new COD games to be overrated... And I'm pretty sure people buy games for both SP/MP, you get your money's worth off of that.

I have clocked more hours into cod4 multiplayer than any other game i have played (save MMOs).
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mitu123
I enjoy a lot of FPSs and found the online in these new COD games to be overrated... And I'm pretty sure people buy games for both SP/MP, you get your money's worth off of that.deadesa
I have clocked more hours into cod4 multiplayer than any other game i have played (save MMOs).

I can't argue with that, it can be addictive if that's your type of game.
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
People like to hate on whats good Call of duty 4 puts every FPS this generation to bed it's incredible.