Why do people continue to support nintendo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Nintendo represents what many games hate the most when it comes to today's industry.

- They are the king of rehashing, 20+ years of rehashes and this isn't even with all their IPs, it's mainly with mario and zelda. The only people that are as bad are Square Enix. I'm pretty sure there's a mario themed game for every year of this gen and there's a zelda game for 4 out of the 5 years the wii has been on the market, almost yearly releases just like call of duty!

- Their games take ages to drop in price, and are infact too expensive. 40 dollars for a OOT remake on a handheld? Really?

- They have a backward wii ware system that hurts developers and their 3DS shop isn't avaliable worldwide.

- They hold games from their fanbase and this isn't even like namco with the tales games because nintendo plans to make english versions of the game they just aren't releasing it to the biggest video game market for reasons unknown to me. Why should nintendo fans even have to beg for these?

- They refuse to try to gain proper 3rd party support by not dropping their backward ways of doing things.

- They alienate some of their fans by not offering option controller based options for their games. Seriously, I don't want to do air chopping to play skyward sword :|

- They overprice their hardware.

- Also one of the biggest things to me is nintendo's refusal to modernize. I mean the Wii U still has no HDD. Really? Using extremely outdated hardware. Really? Friend Codes? Very basic and limited online system? Why can't nintendo get with the times?

So I must ask myself how can people really support nintendo with all these problems? Sure the other console makers have their problems as well but at least they get 3rd party support and provide us with acceptable online experiences. Does anyone agree?

Avatar image for KevinnButlerNPK
KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KevinnButlerNPK
Member since 2010 • 1145 Posts

Zelda, Metroid and Mario >>>>>>>>> the rest of the industry....

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
People like reliving their childhood?
Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Because despite their problems they still have games I want to play

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

People like reliving their childhood?MFDOOM1983

Spending hundreds of dollars and hours for simple nostalgia effect? Who would do that?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

-Rehash of games people love so much and want to play on their new console or handheld. It is like remaster of a movie, it brings good memories of the past and allows new players to jump into the action as well. At least the game is called the same.

-Their games are expensive because the heavy demand is still rolling. Where else are you going to see a game, after 6 years released, being still sold in heavy amounts at the same price tag? No where.

-Wii ware needs some working, I'll agree. Their online system needs working and we shall see what they come up with on the Wii U.

- Seriously? It's only a few games. Most games from Japan never get released in the West.

- If they are printing money, of course they are going to hurt other publishers and developers. They have super strong first party.

-Then don't buy it, the Wii is made for the Wiimote. Can I use any other controller for other games, on other consoles? Nope

- It is called business and they do it well. - Cheap hardware = better profit margins.

I support them because their games are awesome and I love them. =)

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People like reliving their childhood?Darth_Revan_666

Spending hundreds of dollars and hours for simple nostalgia effect? Who would do that?

I believe they call them nerds.:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Because they make the best games around without any exceptions.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
They make good games...which is by far and away the best reason to support any developer.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18258 Posts

I don't know, perhaps Games? i mean who really knows right...:roll:

Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Tanya_19
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts

Zelda, Metroid and Mario >>>>>>>>> the rest of the industry....

KevinnButlerNPK
Thats one big LOL right there.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GD1551

-Rehash of games people love so much and want to play on their new console or handheld. It is like remaster of a movie, it brings good memories of the past and allows new players to jump into the action as well. At least the game is called the same.

-Their games are expensive because the heavy demand is still rolling. Where else are you going to see a game, after 6 years released, being still sold in heavy amounts at the same price tag? No where.

-Wii ware needs some working, I'll agree. Their online system needs working and we shall see what they come up with on the Wii U.

- Seriously? It's only a few games. Most games from Japan never get released in the West.

- If they are printing money, of course they are going to hurt other publishers and developers. They have super strong first party.

-Then don't buy it, the Wii is made for the Wiimote. Can I use any other controller for other games, on other consoles? Nope

- It is called business and they do it well. - Cheap hardware = better profit margins.

I support them because their games for awesome and I love them. =)

ShadowDeathX

- So why do people complain when Activision and Capcom do it?

- That's not excuse for a game not dropping in price almost a year after release

- That's no excuse for not releasing those games to the west, they are already planning to localize them in english.

- That's no excuse for not having proper 3rd party support, Sony's first party is godly but they still make room for 3rd parties.

- The difference here with the controllers is that their old fanbase is accustom to using standard controllers, the same for MS and sony's. Which is why a change in control scheme with no option is a bad thing on the wii's part

- I don't have shares in nintendo, all the other console makers try to provide some kind of value in the hardware, why does nintendo have to rip people off so badly?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GD1551

Because they make the best games around without any exceptions.charizard1605

That's highly subjective because many people find nintendo games to be trash.

stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

^ The responses above me kinda sum it up. People still like thier games so they will support them. I am still angry at NoA over recent events, but no real reason to completely jump ship. Especially if they continue to be (relatively) inexpensive, then they will definitely warrant a purchase.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the re-hashing argument is an old one that does not work with anyone who actually plays nintendo games. They always mix up their formula, so much so that people say that Twilight Princess is too close for comfort with Ocarina of Time. Those two games have huge similarities but also huge differences. Nintendo is always mixing up their formula with exceptions like direct sequels to specific games like Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 2, but no one would fault Nintendo for making those games close to the originals (and even in those cases there are new elements added). With all the COD games and clones and FPS boredom out there (oh but with different characters! ... lol who cares???) I find it funny that Nintendo is accused of rehashing
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madsnakehhh

GD1551

:lol: Comparing Activision and Crapcom with Nintendo :lol: that was a good one :)

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I tell you why despite Nintendo consoles not being my main console since N64 I have owned every one, and that is because they make games and have franchises which interest me. Mario is the king of platformers, Metroid is an amazing and unique experience, Zelda is amazing, Pokemon is fun, Smash Bros is great local multiplayer. Simple as that. You make some silly points, Zelda SS is designed around Wii M+ so there will be no standard controller option. I'm sorry NOA doesn't want to localise the game but I will be buying Xenoblade when it's released in EU. Wii U is not out yet, FC, basic online for Wii U? Explain, because this is news to me.
People like reliving their childhood?MFDOOM1983
I could pull out the SNES for that, oh wait you're trying to make the same ol' moot point... funny.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#21 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

I support them because their games for awesome and I love them. =)

GD1551

- That's not excuse for a game not dropping in price almost a year after release

- That's no excuse for not releasing those games to the west, they are already planning to localize them in english.

- That's no excuse for not having proper 3rd party support, Sony's first party is godly but they still make room for 3rd parties.

- The difference here with the controllers is that their old fanbase is accustom to using standard controllers, the same for MS and sony's. Which is why a change in control scheme with no option is a bad thing on the wii's part

- I don't have shares in nintendo, all the other console makers try to provide some kind of value in the hardware, why does nintendo have to rip people off so badly?

Maybe because Activision doesn't do too many things new with the likes of Call of Duty?

You realize there are many Nintendo fans who refuse to support third parties (no matter how good a game is), right? That's one of the other reasons why third parties stay away from Nintendo because they are never given a fair chance on there.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Revan_666"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People like reliving their childhood?MFDOOM1983

No doubt son!!! Coolyfett can dig that.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GD1551

the re-hashing argument is an old one that does not work with anyone who actually plays nintendo games. They always mix up their formula, so much so that people say that Twilight Princess is too close for comfort with Ocarina of Time. Those two games have huge similarities but also huge differences. Nintendo is always mixing up their formula with exceptions like direct sequels to specific games like Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 2, but no one would fault Nintendo for making those games close to the originals (and even in those cases there are new elements added). With all the COD games and clones and FPS boredom out there (oh but with different characters! ... lol who cares???) I find it funny that Nintendo is accused of rehashingGunSmith1_basic

Sorry but I don't see the big difference between TP/MM/OOT/WW, the core gameplay is exactly the same, there are normally only one or two major changes. Like sailing in WW, wolf in TP etc.. but outside of that the game's play exactly the same just like COD. COD gets only 1 or two changes that make each different but on a fundamental level they are exactly the same.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

madsnakehhh

:lol: Comparing Activision and Crapcom with Nintendo :lol: that was a good one :)

:lol: they are rehashing the same way as the same people you hate on :lol: :| . It's acceptable for them to rehash I guess. Lmao @ two zelda games in one year.. not mad about that huh?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

:lol: they are rehashing the same way as the same people you hate on :lol: :| . It's acceptable for them to rehash I guess. Lmao @ two zelda games in one year.. not mad about that huh?

2 Zelda games in one year :|

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

Skyward sword and OOT Remake?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Because:

• Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games

And most importantly

• Fun games

It's really simple, how are you not seeing it?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GD1551

Because:

• Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games

And most importantly

• Fun games

WreckEm711

Because the other console makers have fun games and still don't have most of these problems.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

People like what Nintendo do.

Just because you don't doesn't mean anything. You have three other alternatives to choose from.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GD1551

I find it completely hilarious that people defend nintendo's bad practices and say good games. Yet activision is the same way and people flame them, same with capcom and the same way with EA. They all have good games infact they all have games that define this generation yet people flame them if they do stuff like this but nintendo is always left off the hook.

Why is this?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Because:

• Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games

And most importantly

• Fun games

GD1551

Because the other console makers have fun games and still don't have most of these problems.

Did you just start gaming a month ago? MS has been the joke of the generation with the RROD crap losing them millions of dollars, and Sony has completely tanked after being the winner of the last 2 gens topped with a MAJOR security breach. Nintendo simply has lower PROFITS than normal and people are running around screaming for blood, do you not see the ridiculousness of this?

Try harder, this is really about a 1.5/10 attempt :P

Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]the re-hashing argument is an old one that does not work with anyone who actually plays nintendo games. They always mix up their formula, so much so that people say that Twilight Princess is too close for comfort with Ocarina of Time. Those two games have huge similarities but also huge differences. Nintendo is always mixing up their formula with exceptions like direct sequels to specific games like Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 2, but no one would fault Nintendo for making those games close to the originals (and even in those cases there are new elements added). With all the COD games and clones and FPS boredom out there (oh but with different characters! ... lol who cares???) I find it funny that Nintendo is accused of rehashingGD1551

Sorry but I don't see the big difference between TP/MM/OOT/WW, the core gameplay is exactly the same, there are normally only one or two major changes. Like sailing in WW, wolf in TP etc.. but outside of that the game's play exactly the same just like COD. COD gets only 1 or two changes that make each different but on a fundamental level they are exactly the same.

Have you actually played any of these games? They all have the same core gameplay because they are the same genre in the same series but they all have very different feels aside from TP and OoT, heck I could even see how you could list WW as beeing pretty similar (even though I wouldn't agree). However, MM is very different from the standard Zelda mold, and if we're going to go ahead and play System Wars then even the GS review confirms this.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Skyward sword and OOT Remake?

OoT

SS

Yep, the same game, how could i be so blind...

Honestly, haters are getting really desperate.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

They don't tho. They re-release their old games because people demand them and while that; they also create new games. Unlike other publishers who all they do is rehash the same thing over and over again and call it a brand new game.

starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 starwarsgeek112

I find it completely hilarious that people defend nintendo's bad practices and say good games. Yet activision is the same way and people flame them, same with capcom and the same way with EA. They all have good games infact they all have games that define this generation yet people flame them if they do stuff like this but nintendo is always left off the hook.

Why is this?

GD1551

Because every new entry in one of Nintendo's core franchises is always extremely good and often time set new standards for what can be done in a genre. Have you played Metroid Prime or even Mario Galaxy 1 and 2? I'll agree that Nintendo milks their franchises in spin off titles, but not for the main series. We generally get one new entry each generation and if we're lucky sometimes two.. not a new one every year with little change.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Because:

• Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games
  • Fun games

And most importantly

• Fun games

GD1551

Really? Every console maker has problems, including nintendo. What I like about nintendo for the wii is the low price point and the accessibility for casual gamers. EVERYONE has played with a wii, be they young or old, male or female, etc. That makes it the ultimate party machine. There's no stigma with it and people like it. Also, the first party games are killer!

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Because every single gen they've made at least one game that can be considered the best (of the gen).
Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Haters are just getting desperate now, about time you get off Nintendo's balls and find something better to do then just grasping at straws for an argument.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendoboy16  Online

Because every single gen they've made at least one game that can be considered the best (of the gen).IronBass
They didn't in the Gamecube era. Though Metroid Prime and Wind Waker scored high, I don't think any of them were considered the best of the gen.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Because every single gen they've made at least one game that can be considered the best (of the gen).nintendoboy16
They didn't in the Gamecube era.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Metroid Prime come into mind. lol.
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 starwarsgeek112

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Because every single gen they've made at least one game that can be considered the best (of the gen).nintendoboy16

They didn't in the Gamecube era. Though Metroid Prime and Wind Waker scored high, I don't think any of them were considered the best of the gen.

Metroid Prime.. just the 7th best game ever made (according to gamerankings), definitely not the best of that gen. The only other game that was as highly praised as Metroid Prime that I can think of in the Gamecube/PS2/xbox gen is Resident Evil 4.

flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

Only people that likes Nintendo are kids. I'd rather play mature games like Little Big Planet and Catherine.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Revan_666"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People like reliving their childhood?MFDOOM1983

*raises hand*

I am proud to announce: I am a nerd.

I still support Nintendo because they still make games I WANT to play. It's just that simple.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nintendoboy16  Online

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Because every single gen they've made at least one game that can be considered the best (of the gen).starwarsgeek112

Metroid Prime.. just the 7th best game ever made (according to gamerankings), definitely not the best of that gen.

I believe it was like either Halo or Half-Life 2 considered the best of the gen, but I could be wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-63f6895020e66

They didn't in the Gamecube era. Though Metroid Prime and Wind Waker scored high, I don't think any of them were considered the best of the gen.nintendoboy16

Metroid Prime hasthe highestMetascore and GR of any game last gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63f6895020e66

Metroid Prime.. just the 7th best game ever made (according to gamerankings), definitely not the best of that gen.starwarsgeek112

If you checked that Gamerankings chart, you should have noted that none of the other 6 games came out that same gen.

And there again, being the seventh highest scoring game of all time doesn't exactly fit with a "just". It's a terrific achievement.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 haziqonfire

Only people that likes Nintendo are kids. I'd rather play mature games like Little Big Planet and Catherine.

flipdc5

I like Nintendo and I'm 20.

...I mean I'm 10.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

They have some of the few big mainstream developers left who actually believe in selling you a complete product instead of cutting pieces out of it to be sold as DLC, selling you unlocks for things already on the disk, doing things like online passes, etc.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I ask the same question but regarding Microsoft.