why do american's prefer the 360 over the ps3 ?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
is the FPS genre that apealing ?
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

what genre makes the ps3 so appealing?

oh yeah... movies.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

WRPGs, FPSs, Racers and 'cool' X at the beginning of its name.

What's not to like?

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts
NPD says other wise
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
alot of "american" games are published on the system; halo, gears, ect.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts
i dont think it has anything to do with fps or rpg or being smarter, i think its just that it got more momentum when it came out a year ealier.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
cause it has games..and ps3 doesnt really have a library as good as it. And was over priced to overpriced at launch that got it off to a bad start
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts
Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I dont care where its made. I want reliable hardware if I'm paying over $100 for something.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Appearantly they don't... the PS3 has outsold the 360 in NA for 2 months running. And most gamers I know want one... the 360 just had a head start is all.
Miles0T0Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Miles0T0Prower
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
I dont speak for everyone so I would say for mysolef it was cheaper andhas alot og great games
Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts

Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?stika

I am not european and i prefer the Wii.... so... what was your point again ?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

I dont care where its made. I want reliable hardware if I'm paying over $100 for something.Darthmatt

So the flaimbait FPS comment was shot down so now he's trying the RROD angle. This guy just keeps getting more original. Just give it up man.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

Most Americans are smart enough to realize that it has an better software catalog. It's really that simple. If the PS3 had the games, lik the PS2 did, things would be different.

Oh, BTW: Nice attempt a flamebait with the FPS nonsense.

farrell2k

B.S. The 360 still has a larger library but hardly has a "better software catalog" at this point. If anything, both consoles are on a level playing field when it comes to games now. I definitely spend more time on the PS3... it had more awesome exclusives in the last half of 07, but the 360 had 2 REALLY good ones.

When it comes to the games, the PS3 is definitely percieved to be edging out in front across the globe if its sales are any indication.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Maybe it is the fact it has more games and they tend to be more reasonably priced (often that includes Wii games I might add).
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stika

[QUOTE="stika"]Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?Hadoken_Kid

I am not european and i prefer the Wii.... so... what was your point again ?

i asked you first, what exactly is the point of this generalization?

also i thought the wii wasnt included in this thread

BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrownWalrus
Member since 2005 • 3467 Posts

oh yeah... movies.

TheDarkDisciple

:lol::lol::lol: are people seriously still using that excuse? Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

[QUOTE="stika"]Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?aka_aj03
isn't tea time for you guys yet.....or it over.

massive epic failure achievement unlocked- 0 gamerpoints for aka

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

Most Americans are smart enough to realize that it has an better software catalog. It's really that simple. If the PS3 had the games, lik the PS2 did, things would be different.

Oh, BTW: Nice attempt a flamebait with the FPS nonsense.

haze_blaze

B.S. The 360 still has a larger library but hardly has a "better software catalog" at this point. If anything, both consoles are on a level playing field when it comes to games now. I definitely spend more time on the PS3... it had more awesome exclusives in the last half of 07, but the 360 had 2 REALLY good ones.

When it comes to the games, the PS3 is definitely percieved to be edging out in front across the globe if its sales are any indication.

lets have some examples.....

Uncharted good but inferior to Gears( graphics, character design, story, two player co-op, online , multiplayer)

uncharted is over in eight hours and really only is worth renting.

resistance inferior to halo 3 - online multiplayer for resistance is allready dying and people are still playing halo 2! nuff said!

Bioshock....PS3 has nothing to compare to

Dead Rising....PS3 has nothing to compare to

NG2.....PS3 has nothing to compare to( DMC4 is on both systems)

Mass Effect....PS3 has nothing to compare to

Lost Odyssey...PS3 won't get FF13 until 2009 and even so its rumored as multiplat

honestly 360 hands down has a better library...

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="stika"]Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?JiveT

they do drink a lot of tea...
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stika
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="stika"]Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?aka_aj03

well thank you for that wonderfull generalization of 48 different contrys and 48 diferent cultures :roll:

so by saying that we drink a lot of tea i assume that means that in the USA tea is a hard drink to obtain only to be used on special ocasions like the turn of the milenium? :roll:

not to mention i fail to see what does that have to do with my original post

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

It came out first.

Xbox Live has a great community. Communication with people is made very easy and trouble free. Xbox Live features such as Live Arcade and the movies and television downloads are a nice feature not matched by PSN.

The games have been incredible ( and there is a lot more variety than fps...try Lost Oddessy, Katamari, Blue Dragon, Ace Combat 4, Forza 2, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata, and a ton of others ) and the system has delivered on its promises and hype.

PS3 is a nice system and people are starting to appreciate some of its qualities, but its still rather week in many areas.

But sales for the last few months dont tell the whole story...there is a system shortage at retail of the 360 and the Wii....ps3 is just winning by default for the moment.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

IMHO, most Americans wouldn't know bad quality, even if it bit them on the ass. The X360 is the most hyped, has the most games people want, as far as consoles go. Consoles in general don't require much of a brain to use.

Now a smart American would do a little modding on his X360, or get one that is ready to go.

Bottom line is, a lot of Americans are cheap, they want something that doesn't cost a lot. Americans can also be manipulated into which ever way the glass is tipped, aka, hype.

I'm sure I'm going to get modded for this post... but yeah... thats my opinion...

HostileEffect

After seeing how bad most American cars are, I don't think I'll ever have much faith in their construction abilities.

Build a car that can frikkin take corners!!!

TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheDarkDisciple
[QUOTE="TheDarkDisciple"]

oh yeah... movies.

BrownWalrus

:lol::lol::lol: are people seriously still using that excuse? Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

then why don't you tell me what it is? because it's not an excuse. the commercials where they advertise blu-ray movies with the ps3 kinda proves it.

the Americans prefering the 360 because of FPS thing has already been proven wrong. everything sells better on a 360.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 donwoogie
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="stika"]Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?stika

well thanks for that wonderfull generalization of 48 different countrys :roll:

so by saying that we drink a lot of tea i assume that means that in the USA tea is a hard drink to obtain only to be used on special ocasions like the turn of the milenium? :roll:

I like tea. In fact most of my mates also love tea. I have at least one cup a day, usually more. It's just a British thing, like how all people from New York are somehow Italian and all drink coffee constantly.

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

1. It's cheaper

2. It has more games

3. MANY people have Xbox LIVE

Need I say more?

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts
Halo.
shivaskunk9mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shivaskunk9mm
Member since 2004 • 582 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="stika"]Im european and i prefer the 360.... so... what was your point again?aka_aj03

Capitol quip my dicky old chum! We euro's love us a snippet of tea and crumpets! I would like to know how many Americans actually do believe europe is a single country.
_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 _KenKittyragi_
[QUOTE="HostileEffect"]

IMHO, most Americans wouldn't know bad quality, even if it bit them on the ass. The X360 is the most hyped, has the most games people want, as far as consoles go. Consoles in general don't require much of a brain to use.

Now a smart American would do a little modding on his X360, or get one that is ready to go.

Bottom line is, a lot of Americans are cheap, they want something that doesn't cost a lot. Americans can also be manipulated into which ever way the glass is tipped, aka, hype.

I'm sure I'm going to get modded for this post... but yeah... thats my opinion...

donwoogie

After seeing how bad most American cars are, I don't think I'll ever have much faith in their construction abilities.

What's wrong with Ford and Chevy?! They have some great cars.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 donwoogie
[QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

stop crying cause we are stealing your women... you know European women diggs guys from USA... and they adore American accent.

Really? I heard chicks in America digg the British accent......... Apparently we sound really sophisticated. Though this stereotype that we all have bad teeth is unfounded. In fact, George Washington, the guy on your money who did something famous apparently, had wooden teeth so stop critisizing us!

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stika
[QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"] isn't tea time for you guys yet.....or it over.aka_aj03

stop crying cause we are stealing your women... you know European women diggs guys from USA... and they adore American accent.

i hope you are aware of the ignorance in your post

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 donwoogie
[QUOTE="donwoogie"][QUOTE="HostileEffect"]

_KenKittyragi_

:|

Your only half decent cars were the Crossfire, Ford GT mustang. And, tbf, the mustang couldn't corner well either. Apparently it's because you Americans all drive on wide massive roads.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
It's more the "American Product" thing personally :|
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
u must have no reflexs or an american wanting to be asian one of those two.... Its not just americans taht like the 360, really other countries go by whats famous there, like in japan sony is famous it has lots of loyallty and lots of media, xbox is new and so is MS to the gaming market for them, in europe, ppl play computers games more so then anything, they prefer windows for that too, they like consoles for racers like gt5, so thats why the get a ps3, but latelty pgr and forza have been picking up over there, as well they are liking more titles from NA, but really same situation brand loyalty, americans truly have no loyalties unless they are rapid fanboys, and to tell the truth most 360 owners i know are totally the opposite of a fanboy, they just researched which to buy and since they are gamers that have limited funds and can't buy or know how to build a pc (even tho i said i would help them) they went with the 360 and don't really plan on buying anything for a few years. There are fanboys everywhere, some who says they are more lemmings for instacne is a cow, some one who says there is more cows is a lemming, because really its about the same amount of fanboyS! like u...
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

HostileEffect
Your opinion would be fine if what actually transpired supported it. The 360 was a followup to the distant 2nd place console last gen. It had to survive on games, NOT reputation. The PS3 was the followup to the runaway leader of 2 generations in a row. It sold when it HAD no games and pretty much relied SOLELY on reputation. Somehow you think going against the norm and trying out a new gaming machine because of games is indicative of falling for hype, yet blindly getting the next machine from the leaders of the past 10 years even when it was known its library was worse and it displayed no real world benefits and the ONLY thing used to show its power was the HYPE made before it launched is somehow being "insucceptable" to hype? Give me a break. Americans like the 360 because it has games they want to play, nothing more and nothing less.
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheDarkDisciple
[QUOTE="donwoogie"]aka_aj03

Really? I heard chicks in America digg the British accent......... Apparently we sound really sophisticated. Though this stereotype that we all have bad teeth is unfounded. In fact, George Washington, the guy on your money who did something famous apparently, had wooden teeth so stop critisizing us!

Maybe just the fat chicks digg your accent... well Europe can have the fat chicks... we don't want them here...

lol.

ok when is this thread going to get locked.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="_KenKittyragi_"][QUOTE="donwoogie"][QUOTE="HostileEffect"]

donwoogie

Your only half decent cars were the Crossfire, Ford GT mustang. And, tbf, the mustang couldn't corner well either. Apparently it's because you Americans all drive on wide massive roads.

Great. Us Americans are stupid dumb asses who like cheap, poor quality items and make wide roads to handle our crappy turning cars. Anything else you superior , PS3 owning, expensive car driving Europeans want to add to that list tonight ?

BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

Because it's a good console.

Most likely because it came out first and people just kind of "know" the name.

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 stika

Great. Us Americans are stupid dumb asses who like cheap, poor quality items and make wide roads to handle our crappy turning cars. Anything else you superior , PS3 owning, expensive car driving Europeans want to add to that list tonight ?

Videodogg

indeed, i am european and i think this thread is getting out of hand, with both sides needlessly insulting each other

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _KenKittyragi_
[QUOTE="_KenKittyragi_"][QUOTE="donwoogie"][QUOTE="HostileEffect"]

donwoogie

I assume you liker really small,tiny, slow cars?

The chevy Impala and Malibu are great cars too btw