why did you choosed your current console ???

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

why did you choosed your current console, over the other one ??? ( 360/PS3 only )

exclusives maybe ??? multiplats better on ( instert console name ).

if the game looks/plays the same... why that one?

did some of the games you were waiting for or the games that made you get your system...met the hype ??

-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
i didn't choosed anything I chose the PS3 and 360 though
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I chose the 360 because I wanted something to play sport games on because I knew they wouldn't be good on the Wii plus it was the cheapest I might have bought a PS3 if I knew about the stupid RRoD
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I chose the PS3, 360 and the Wii because I like gaming, and wanted the option to get any console game I wanted to play, regardless of platform.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50638 Posts
I first chose Ps3 because there was just so much more in the actual system compared to 360, also with the lack of reliability with 360. I then got the Wii because Wii Sports is more than enough for me to enjoy it. And recently got 360 because I love traditinal rpgs and can't wait for LO. I still feel like I got ripped though because the lack of features on 360.
elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts
My big youknowhat HDTV demanded I get something that could play HD content, while my PC is jealous and only wants FPS games to be played on it.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

My big youknowhat HDTV demanded I get something that could play HD content, while my PC is jealous and only wants FPS games to be played on it.elbow2k

PCs play HD content...

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

[QUOTE="elbow2k"]My big youknowhat HDTV demanded I get something that could play HD content, while my PC is jealous and only wants FPS games to be played on it.SpruceCaboose

PCs play HD content...

I know that; but when it comes to PC gaming it's a chore to have to set it up, you know, move my mouse and keyboard, then switching all of my display settings.

Even though it's awesome playing COD4 on it, when it comes to PC gaming I'm too used to playing multiplayer on a 19" screen two feet in front of me.

Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts

I chose the Wii as my primary console for games like SMG, MP3 and SSBB. There are also some third party games I want, but on every Nintendo console I owned (all of them apart from the GBC and that console they released before the NES) my favorite game was a Nintendo game. Purely because Nintendo's big games always have extremely high quality. Sure the GCs first party games didnt get much competitionfrom third party games. But still, games like Metroid Prime and Wind Waker are considered to be some of the best games ever made.

Just because I prefer Nintendo's games, doesnt mean Im not planning on buying another console though. As soon as I have enough money, I'm buying a 360.

Oh, and I just realised, my favorite SNES game isnt a Nintendo game. Its Chrono Trigger.

EDIT: And I just noticed this thread was about 360 vs PS3... Ah well, perhaps I should read more than just the topic title next time.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I chose the DS, Wii, PSP, and PC combo because I believe that if offers me the greatest variety of gaming experiences for the best possible price. I'll be upgrading my PC and buying a 360 some time this year, and a PS3 when the price falls to the 300 dollar range.
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
I was always on the fence on whether or not i should get a 360. i found one at a gamestop for $350 and it came with 2 games. seemed like a good deal so i went with it.
sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts

i choose the wii because im a fan of Nintendo they have the best reliable hardware ever an won't break down on you like the 360 i would never play a game on a sony console i like nintendo the best im not a fan of the ps3/360 my opinion.

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts
becuase of the games
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I picked up a 360 because I knew it had a solid selection of FPSs, racers and WRPGs (probably my 3 favourite genres) and great online play. I got my Wii for its unique controller (great for playing with friends) and the solid 1st party games. I got a new laptop because my old one sucks hard.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Xbox Live, ppl on my friendslist. And Gears of War really.
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Unreal_393
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

Halo + Gears + Xboxlive + Controller + Friends = 360

pokemon = DS

best thing EVAAA = Maaa PEA SEE *hugs*

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I own a 360 and a Wii.

I bought my 360 because it has almost all the same games that a PS3 has plus many more quality exclusives and it was much cheaper at the time. Graphics are almost identical as well.

I bought the Wii mostly because my Girlfriend wanted one, but I've enjoyed it a lot since buying it. It seemed very inovative and fun,and has proven to be a such. I also LOVE the VC.

SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
ps360pc for me
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

i didn't choosed anything I chose the PS3 and 360 though -D3MO-

I came in hoping somone did it and then there was you. Bravo sir. I lol'd.

BTW, I "choosed" the PS3 for a myriad of reasons.

-Xeno-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 -Xeno-
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

A combination of exclusive and superior multiplats. Plus I couldn't be bothered waiting for the PS3.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I wanted it.
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="elbow2k"]My big youknowhat HDTV demanded I get something that could play HD content, while my PC is jealous and only wants FPS games to be played on it.elbow2k

PCs play HD content...

I know that; but when it comes to PC gaming it's a chore to have to set it up, you know, move my mouse and keyboard, then switching all of my display settings.

Even though it's awesome playing COD4 on it, when it comes to PC gaming I'm too used to playing multiplayer on a 19" screen two feet in front of me.

You do know that your 19" screen is probably running at a higher resolution than your "HD" television right?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts
Exclusives and price.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

PS3 for exclusives particularly MGS4

Wii for exclusives and party purposes

X360 (will get soon hopefully) for my sister :P

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts

i chose the 360 because of games like mass effect, RARE´s games and because of strong third party support

i chose the PSP because of reasons i´m not allowed to discuss here on gamespot

i chose the PC because i´d have to be an idiot not to

GastaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GastaS
Member since 2004 • 245 Posts
I Choose Xbox360 to PLAY NOW!
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I chose the Wii because of Mario and Zelda games as well as Smash Bros and Mario Kart
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
My friend already has a 360, 2 actually since the 1st broke, so I bought a ps3. Why would I buy the same system when I could play Gears and Mass Effect on his?
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

It has the games I want,plain and simple.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I chose a Wii because Nintendo makes great games, I got a 360 because my brother chose it, and I will get a PS3 because it has more games I'm interested in then the 360 does.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Can a say that i got a PC because its gto the best games line-up! :D
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

PS3

Partly because I want to play FFXIII/FFVsXIII and partly because I didn't like what M$ did with the Xbox360...

When I was a kid, I had a BBC 'B' and my mate had a BBC 'A'. After the first year, there was loads of games that my mate just couldn't play because he had the inferior machine.

When M$ released a version of the Xbox that didn't have a hard drive as standard, to me they made a mistake as developers are forced to develop games without using the HDDor you will end up with 'core' players not being able to play all the games.

This is why I am a console gamer and not a PC gamer. I want people to write games for the system that I have, not have a look at what additional equipment I need to purchase to play the games I want.

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts

PS3

Partly because I want to play FFXIII/FFVsXIII and partly because I didn't like what M$ did with the Xbox360...

When I was a kid, I had a BBC 'B' and my mate had a BBC 'A'. After the first year, there was loads of games that my mate just couldn't play because he had the inferior machine.

When M$ released a version of the Xbox that didn't have a hard drive as standard, to me they made a mistake as developers are forced to develop games without using the HDDor you will end up with 'core' players not being able to play all the games.

This is why I am a console gamer and not a PC gamer. I want people to write games for the system that I have, not have a look at what additional equipment I need to purchase to play the games I want.

-Grieves-

you mean like the lack of B/C on the 40gig PS3 ?

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
I chose the 360 to play great games, I chose the PS3 to play blu ray movies.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

i've chosen the PS3 becausemy favorite console games last gen were:

Final Fantasy X & XII

Metal Gear 2 & 3

Tekken Tag, 4 & 5

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus

Disgaea 1 & 2

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Gran Turismo 3 & 4

Jak & Daxter 1 & 2 (never played 3)

Ratchet & Clank (i only played up your arsenal, now i've just finished Future Tools of Destruction)

God of War 1& 2

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Zone of the Enders 1 & 2

Katamari Damacy 1 & 2

Okami

As you can see, almost every game up there is exclusive to the PS brand (exceptmaybe katamari and okami), and it looks likethey'll continue that way, so choosing the PS3 was a no brainer. Also, the Blu-ray is a great feature, i'm enjoying it a lot.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Wii. Nintendo exclusives always appealed to me, especially the main franchise games. Plus motion sensing is definatly starting to work out no matter what ignorant and dumb fanboys say.
Xbox 360. Because online is the best, graphics, controller, exclusives and multiplats are the best. And it was cheaper then the PS3, which has stuff that I don't care for at all (stuff that hasn't gotshyt to do with gaming).

Screamteam411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Screamteam411
Member since 2003 • 1087 Posts
I chose the 360 because, actually, I first wanted to get the 360 for GH3 and Rock Band, but the developers were (and still are) being jackasses about guitar controllers, so I decided to wait for Rock Band single peripherals and get a Wii instead. However, they weren't available so I settled on a 360 and decided for now to just play all the 06/07 games I missed and then in the future get a Wii and then GH3 and Rock Band. I'm quite happy with my decision, even though it wasn't my first choice.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I chose my GC originally just because it had SSBM...
Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
I've chosen all three, and I'm buying them sequentially based upon a number of factors. I currently only own the 360. Given it's early release, there are far more accomplished games available, and the price was perfect with the bundle (I've lived on GT for years, and Forza will easily get me through 2008-2009 until GT5 is released). As the price of the PS3 drops and games begin to be released, I will purchase the PS3, this will probably happen whatever day MGS4 happens to drop. I've told myself that I will wait until next December when I can get a discounted price on the PS3 with a possible bundle, but I've grown accustomed to picking up MGS on the day of release since the release of the first MGS for the PSX, so I can't imagine myself having the patience to wait 8 months for MGS4. I'll probably have to call off work without telling my GF and have it set up before she gets home, or she'll complain. So be it, it's Metal Gear Solid. The Wii will wait until the inevitable Zelda gold package, which has not been acknowledged by Nintendo, though we all know that it will eventually happen. Prioritize.
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

Wii, because I love Zelda, Metroid and Mario. Plus, nowadays I feel more like a casual gamer than I did a few years ago and Wii's got lots of games that you can play just for 20 minutes or so, and I love it.

NDS, same reason.

(c:

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts
[QUOTE="-Grieves-"]

PS3

stika

you mean like the lack of B/C on the 40gig PS3 ?

I have a 60GB PS3 and I agree that getting rid of B/C was a bad move by Sony...but what does B/C have to do with PS3 games? Lack of HDD does effect Xbox360 games and now M$ has lifted the ban on developing games with HDD in mind, it means that core users will now have to buy a HDD to play games. It was because I don't like the idea of buying a system then having to buy additional equipment to play stuff on it that made me a console gamer rather than a PC gamer.

I didn't mean to bash the Xbox 360, just trying to say why it isn't the console for me.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I would have to say exclusives....IMO no game company can make has many great games has Nintendo

I am not saying companies like Bioware, Capcom and others can't make great games. I am saying that Nintendo has more great games that come out a year then most other companies expect maybe square.

I bought the 360 because of the free Halo 3 game that they were going to send you in the mail. But just like MS I never got it and now the only thing my 360 does is sit there with a copy of Orange Box in it.

Yeah I say Zelda and SMG did meet the hype at least in my eyes

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I decided to buy them all so I wouldnt miss any games.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
I got a Wii for Brawl. :D
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

Metal gear solid 4 Guns of the patriots

The main reasson,

the others were free online and blu ray :D

PS3 FTW

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#47 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Reliability...I couldn't stomach sending my system in to M$ to get fixed every two months...
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

because of splinter cell (multiplayer) Which i guess i chose the right one since the next splinter cell is exclusive :)

And that's just why i picked up the console when i did, not the only reason i bought it...

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Metal gear solid 4 Guns of the patriots

The main reasson,

the others were free online and blu ray :D

PS3 FTW

big_boss4life

That is a good reason to get a PS3 but for me I would add FF.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts
PS3, cause I thought it would have an upscaler out of the box for PS1/PS2 since I switched to HDTV and my old PS2 stoped reading disks (and for some PS3 games that I knew wouldn't come out for awhile). Boy, was I disappointed, I had to wait for almost a year until they added an upscaler.