Why cant Sony make Naughty Dog Reboot the Crash Bandicoot and Crash Team Racing?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheBertus57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TheBertus57
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

That would be awesome... they wont but if they did, they could use every idea from crash1 to crash5(twinsanity) none of titans or MoM because then the game would be called CRASH BANDICOOT: Mutant Kart

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
Oh I'm pretty sure Sony let's Naughty Dog do whatever Naughty Dog wants to do. . .
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
Crash wasn't that great. It's all about Spyro 8)
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Except their quality went up, not down.

codezer0
Uh, no it didn't. All they did was release the single most racist game to get past the censors at the ESRB. His snide remarks were so hopelessly cliche and irritating in the demo, I never bothered with the full game.

Such brilliance right here folks.
PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

Well, Sony doesnt own the Crash or Spyro IP, they never have. It was both owned by universal interactive back in the day and they gave insomniac and naughty dog a 3/4 game deal and they just decided to put it on the PS1 exclusively due to its popularity. Thus the spyro and crash games that you see on the playstation 1 are the result of that contract. Both IP's turned out to be the most memorable ever in the late 90's.

The contract was moved to other dev companies while insomniac and naughty dog moved on directly with Sony with newer IPs such as jak and daxter/ ratchet which Sony do own, since it was contracted by Sony.

I think activision owns the rights to these games at this time...the rights were moved around quite a bit from seirra entertainment to some other stuff..but yea. After the original games...the rest are just wtf(mostly).

Sony does on the other hand own the rights to the Medivevil franchise as discussed before and man...if Sony ever revived that IP...I would a**plode.

These are all some of the best platformers that ive experienced back in the day...

John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts
They don't own crash ip i think
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Except their quality went up, not down.

codezer0

Uh, no it didn't. All they did was release the single most racist game to get past the censors at the ESRB. His snide remarks were so hopelessly cliche and irritating in the demo, I never bothered with the full game.

Someone get me Captain Picard stat.

You take Yahtzee seriously? seriously....this has to be one of THE worst troll attempts and using a troll for your base arguement.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

That would be awesome... they wont but if they did, they could use every idea from crash1 to crash5(twinsanity) none of titans or MoM because then the game would be called CRASH BANDICOOT: Mutant Kart

TheBertus57

Way to necro.

---

Locking this thread - Atmanix