Why are there still Playstation 3 fanboys?

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

At this point I am simply bewildered. The Xbox360 is now clearly the better console if your looking to play good games. Do people really think that they are buying into potential, or do they just want a Bluray player as well?

• Xbox360
  • Playstation 3

Shouldn't this be good for gamers? It defeats the monopoly and stands in the face of overpriced hardware. Please explain to us why you support the Playstation 3 over the Xbox360.

Discuss.

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Because some people are fanboys. :o
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lilac_Benjie

Because some people are fanboys. :oOGTiago

You can buy a Playstation 3 for less than the cost of an Xbox360 in the UK. Some sellers on Ebay.com (US) are selling PS3's for $400 to England for £200, less than half of the retail price.

People don't want it though. If you look at the links in the first post, you will notice that Playstation 3 games go down to 7.0 on page 1, while Xbox 360 games only reach 7.0 by page 3.

It's a bad investment for a games machine. Playstation 3 actually sucks.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
Because some people are waiting for some of the best games on their old PS2 to come out on the PS3, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter (not too sure about this one) and many more
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts
Playstation fanboys are the kids you grew up with that never admitted that you found them while playing hide & seek, even though you were staring them in the face..... ie: "nuh uh, you didnt find me, because this isn't the real me.... the real me is hiding somewhere else, haha, you lose"....... they also like to change the rules of the game part way through, ie: Last gen = sales are most important, this gen = sales dont count.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
Ps3 is the superior machine!! YOU ARE ALL POWNED B3YOND!!
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts
some ppl grew up playing a playstation..and are now loyal to it...i have friends who dont like halo 3...yeah there is actually ppl out there that dont like it..they would rather play FF, MGS or Gran turismo(when they come out:P)... its good that everyone likes something different without ppl like that we would all get the same type of games over and over again...
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lilac_Benjie

Because some people are waiting for some of the best games on their old PS2 to come out on the PS3, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter (not too sure about this one) and many moresam280992

Many more such as?

None of those games are actually available for the Playstation 3 yet. Just because God of War 2 was awesome, doesn't mean you can't fully appreciate all of the awesome games that are currently available on the Xbox360.

But there are no awesome games currently available for the Playstation 3. I don't understand. Do you?

cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheapness1
Member since 2003 • 883 Posts

welol reasons i like the Ps3:

all features out of the box.....no add ons to buy to get the full experience

big fan of playstation franchises e.g. god of war, wipeout, twisted metal, ico etc.

future titles look awesome e.g. MGS4, FFXIII, uncharted, R & C

potentially more interesting online features once they get it sorted hey live wasn't made in a day!

basically replaces everything in my living room except the TV of course

The only 360 games I've got were from last year (last game was gears, u can check it on my profile)!!! and i'm STILL waiting for Mass Effect....Ps3 is a good way to pass time!

play PSone and Ps2 classics I missed out on....there were just sooooo many!

The Ps3 imo is a very underrated and over hated console hopefully tyhingz change in the future!

ah well thats my 2 cents as they say!

digidrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 digidrive
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
Why are there still xbox 360 fanboys? That thing just keeps breaking because of its poor design.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
people like grills
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lilac_Benjie
all features out of the box.....no add ons to buy to get the full experiencecheapness1

That's what all consoles are like. You still need to buy three additional controllers.

big fan of playstation franchises e.g. god of war, wipeout, twisted metal, ico etc.cheapness1

Can you show me a screenshot of any of these games?

future titles look awesome e.g. MGS4, FFXIII, uncharted, R & Ccheapness1

Do you enjoy playing the waiting game?

basically replaces everything in my living room except the TV of coursecheapness1

What about current games! :|

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sam280992

[QUOTE="sam280992"]Because some people are waiting for some of the best games on their old PS2 to come out on the PS3, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter (not too sure about this one) and many moreLilac_Benjie

Many more such as?

None of those games are actually available for the Playstation 3 yet. Just because God of War 2 was awesome, doesn't mean you can't fully appreciate all of the awesome games that are currently available on the Xbox360.

But there are no awesome games currently available for the Playstation 3. I don't understand. Do you?

Just because its multi-plat doesnt mean it isnt awesome, you seem to forget about Oblivion, Vegas and NGS

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lilac_Benjie

Why are there still xbox 360 fanboys? That thing just keeps breaking because of its poor design.digidrive

It rarely breaks, and is replaced for free if it does.

Just because its multi-plat doesnt mean it isnt awesome, you seem to forget about Oblivion, Vegas and NGSsam280992

Don't you feel as though your missing out?

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sam280992
Missing out on...?
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

[QUOTE="sam280992"]Because some people are waiting for some of the best games on their old PS2 to come out on the PS3, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter (not too sure about this one) and many moreLilac_Benjie

Many more such as?

Simply check one of the hundreds PS3 exclusives lists that pop up here by the week. There's enough.

He said people are waiting for those games, being obviously aware that those games aren't out yet
Same: Only because Halo 3 is awesome, doesn't mean you won't appreciate some of the awesome games out and still coming out for the PS3.

Simply because you favour one side doesn't mean that there are people with other opinions and tastes.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lilac_Benjie

Simply because you favour one side doesn't mean that there are people with other opinions and tastes.Nightflash28

I don't favour one side. I enjoy the Xbox360, NDS, PC, and Wii. But not Playstation 3. What is there to enjoy?:?

digidrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 digidrive
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

[QUOTE="digidrive"]Why are there still xbox 360 fanboys? That thing just keeps breaking because of its poor design.Lilac_Benjie

It rarely breaks, and is replaced for free if it does.

Yeah, it rarely breaks...seriously.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sam280992
Lol theres a 1/3 chance an X360 will brake and you say rarely...
welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 welltarnation
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

1. I don't like the hardware. I think it's poorly manufactured. My Elite sure was (full refund from Amazon). Xbox 747 when it wasn't freezing.

2. I wish we had Gears of War and Bioshock of what you currently have. But I can play them on my PC (I do with Bioshock atm).

3. What's wrong with having both a great game system and a great bluray/dvd player? They aren't mutually exclusive.

4. I like our current lineup so far. What we have in store is even more amazing.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

[QUOTE="Nightflash28"]Simply because you favour one side doesn't mean that there are people with other opinions and tastes.Lilac_Benjie

I don't favour one side. I enjoy the Xbox360, NDS, PC, and Wii. But not Playstation 3. What is there to enjoy?:?

Okay, you simply dislike the Sony site. What's there to enjoy? Quite a lot if you ask me. Just like Warhawk. The game has me hooked since launch. It may be somewhat shallow, but it simply is a big load of fun. Who doesn't enjoy fun?
We all know the PS3 had a slow start and the game drought lasted for quite a while, but things have finally picked up on pace and good games are kicking in.
Sure the PS3 could use some exclusives AAA titles by now, but as if the AAs aren't any fun at all...

cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cheapness1
Member since 2003 • 883 Posts
[QUOTE="cheapness1"]all features out of the box.....no add ons to buy to get the full experienceLilac_Benjie

That's what all consoles are like. You still need to buy three additional controllers.

ok, wireless out the box, usb chargeable controllers, blu-ray drive, free online...I'm buying a complete package with the Ps3, for my 360 i go out and get wireless adaptor to experience the awesome xbox live that i pay for but then i have to buy a charge kit for the controller and if for some reason i want to watch an HD movie i have to buy the HD-DVD add on...wow I could have just bought a Ps3 for all that money! don't know why ppl complain about its price!

big fan of playstation franchises e.g. god of war, wipeout, twisted metal, ico etc.cheapness1

Can you show me a screenshot of any of these games?

no i anticipate their releases as i am a fan of those franchises! its not likely they'll be released on the 360 is it!

future titles look awesome e.g. MGS4, FFXIII, uncharted, R & Ccheapness1

Do you enjoy playing the waiting game?

well i canplay oblivion, tekken, warhawk, heavenly sword, uncharted, R & C: future, Socom, Wipeout HD whilst I wait...I mean I've been waiting for Mass Effect on the 360 what the heck didI play to pass the time for that!?!nothing

basically replaces everything in my living room except the TV of coursecheapness1

What about current games! :|

see above!

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

i seriously think all 360 gamers have a halo shrine....like if he is our savior...:P

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 welltarnation
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
The TC's entire argument is, "it has no gaems!" He's just mad it stopped working. Better use it while you can though because it continues to get less and less relevant.
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sam280992

i seriously think all 360 gamers have a halo shrine....like if he is our savior...:P

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

devious742

LOL!!! I could really imagine all X360's fanboys climbing up a huge mountain and they enter a cave and you see Master Chief meditating there.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
It bewildered me too until I took a look at the MGS4 trailers. That game is going to be more worth it then the entire 360's library.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Xbox has been out for 2 years. PS3 has been out for 10 months. Are you implying that a 10 month old system should have as many games out the gate as a system that's been out 2 years? That's BS.
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
Lems forget they also had to play the waiting game at first until Gears of War made it a system seller beyond that not many people were buying 360's first year.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#30 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Why are there fanboys at all? If you admit to being one, you might as well just stick a sign above your head saying, "I'm dumb". >_> I can understand why there are fans on the PS3 though. So should everyone...
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I don't have a ps3 yet but there is enough to get started on.28 AA+ games on the system already. I want to play exclusives like Resistance , Warhawk , and Heavenly Sword and that is just as many exclusives for my tastesas any other system right now. Shockingly , the ps3 is going to be cheaper for me in the long run than the 360. :o

And nobody is going to stay in the dark about the franchises that they really want and they are not totally oblivious to what is coming out next. You make an investment based on what you want to play now , what you want to play in the future , and what you want and need out of a console.This year I want to play Uncharted very badly (more than any other exclusive on any system the day of release) and Ratchet and Clank. I know that I want to play MGS4 the day it releases an I want to get in on some Socom Confrontation goodness next year along with a bunch of other things. If I bought a ps3 today , I think it would be difficult for me to keep up with every game that I want to play , and that is the going to be the mark of a great system for someone.

The 360 is looking better to me, but it doesn't fit my tastes quite as well and it will be more expensivein the long run. Exclusively , I would have Halo 3and Dead Rising that I want to play. I also don't have as muchfaith that Microsoft is going to stick with it for a long time. It is an important factor to me. That is just the way I seethings right now.

elms1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elms1
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts

Why? Because they/I want to play MGS 4, FF13, FFv13, GT5, Uncharted, Little big planet, UT3 and I know their will be more games that will blow my mind on PS3.

And PS3 is still a only a console, console's only deliver hardware to you. And on that point you get the best console hardware-wise.

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
Because there are games like Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Swords, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma that are fun to play. You wouldn't understand because you are so much into shooters, anything that's not a shooter, you don't like. I like variety on my console, not just shooters.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lilac_Benjie

Because there are games like Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Swords, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma that are fun to play. You wouldn't understand because you are so much into shooters, anything that's not a shooter, you don't like. I like variety on my console, not just shooters.MaximumD

Did you just discriminate against me?

I'm not a fanboy. I like everything EXCEPT the Playstation 3, and for a good reason.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

some ppl grew up playing a playstation..and are now loyal to it...i have friends who dont like halo 3...yeah there is actually ppl out there that dont like it..they would rather play FF, MGS or Gran turismo(when they come out:P)... its good that everyone likes something different without ppl like that we would all get the same type of games over and over again...devious742

Yes I dont like Halo. I have a Xbox (I'm using it as a media center now.) I brought a Halo and try it out because of all the Hype. I didnt like it one bit (not a FPS fan.)

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Why are there fanboys in general?
soni1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soni1982
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
XBOX sucks..................they can nvr make games like sony!!!! sony is and will always be a better machine!!!!!
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lilac_Benjie

XBOX sucks..................they can nvr make games like sony!!!! sony is and will always be a better machine!!!!!soni1982

Did you by any chance purchase 120 million PS2 consoles last generation?

Navy_Sealz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Navy_Sealz
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
Most cows are investing in the future potential of the PS3, but yeah I agree PS3 sucks right now. It won't suck next year though.
GarchomPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GarchomPro
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Because we want all the great games coming to the ps3?
ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZanuffC
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

[QUOTE="MaximumD"]Because there are games like Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Swords, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma that are fun to play. You wouldn't understand because you are so much into shooters, anything that's not a shooter, you don't like. I like variety on my console, not just shooters.Lilac_Benjie

Did you just discriminate against me?

I'm not a fanboy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay.

Well, I was personally mainly a PS2 gamer last gen, I have 5 GC games, and I never needed an XBOX.

I'm mostly hermit now, but I can't find a single game I want on any next-gen console, that I can't ever get on PC, I'm holding out on a PS3 for it to get the same sort of games PS2 got, that I coulden't get on PC, like niche RPGs, which it has quite a few announced already. Its still the only next-gen console I really care for, since PC offers just about everything else, and Wii, I find less I want for the Wii right now then PS3, I'm not into gimmicky party games, and I hated Metroid Prime.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
Because of the Sony franchises.
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#44 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts
Me reason is because of the hardware. After the PS2 I looked forward to an Xbox 360, it has great games and software but after some problems I decided in the long run a PS3 was a better choice for me because the hardware seems to be much more reliable and stable.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
it takes more than good shooters for me to buy a console. when Banjo-Threeie comes out i'll get a 360.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
most probabaly becasue they are waiting for the games to come in the future, which is not a very clever thing to do imo
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Xbox having good games means nothing if the games don't interest the person, PS3 has games that people want --> creating Sony fanboys.

Is that really so hard to understand, it might be for sheep since I didn't add any sales figures to my post.

ArcticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArcticSnake
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts
I have both the 360 and PS3 so no matter what happens (and I am beyond certain that the PS3 will start pumping out great games), I'll be set for this whole gen.
Author_1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Author_1990
Member since 2004 • 1358 Posts
I am a cow at heart really. I loved my PS2, liked my XBOX. I was thinking of getting a 360 actually, then news came that the 360 design is flawed. It would be nice if we are covered by the warranty here, but sadly, we aren't. 
But then again, I own most of the 360 priced games in the PC, and the PS3 games are beggining to take over me. So...
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
the PS3 sukcs right now. the 360 has a great future potenial: NG2, Geow 2 and others. there will be several great games on the 360 which havent been announced yet. i dont like to be a fanboy in general but the only reason i do is because the ps3 fanboys never shut up with teh games will come in teh future. teh cell. teh future games.Â