why are people falling for Square enixs lies about FF13

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3Graphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3Graphix
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

square is well known for its CGI's and cutscene graphics that are better than their in game graphics ever since FF7.

every FF since 7 has tried to fool people with CGI, or doctored cutscene graphics into thinking the whole game will look that way.

So when Square shows a lavish trailer like FF13's i dont see why people are taking it seriously. Most likely we will not see those graphics in game, at most we will see them in UNplayable cutscenes, or worst case scenario they are CGI.

There is no reason we have to trust square enix considering there long history of advertising CGI in their trailers.

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FireXero
Member since 2004 • 1062 Posts
Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some research
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
i don't know about the graphics part,but i do know that final fantasy has alot of long cgi cutscenes.
Avatar image for secretsaiyan007
secretsaiyan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 secretsaiyan007
Member since 2006 • 4508 Posts
Maybe because we have played the previous series unlike others >.>
mistykal5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mistykal5
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts

square is well known for its CGI's and cutscene graphics that are better than their in game graphics ever since FF7.

every FF since 7 has tried to fool people with CGI, or doctored cutscene graphics into thinking the whole game will look that way.

So when Square shows a lavish trailer like FF13's i dont see why people are taking it seriously. Most likely we will not see those graphics in game, at most we will see them in UNplayable cutscenes, or worst case scenario they are CGI.

There is no reason we have to trust square enix considering there long history of advertising CGI in their trailers.

PS3Graphix
The same could be said about Sony's approach to their games console... False truths about "Emotion Engine", "Life-Like Graphics", "World-Wide Launch", "Launch Unit Figures", "The Cell"... Yet many people still believe everything they hear, even when their eyes tell them something different...
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

Look at her shoulders and tell me CGI makes shoulders that blocky.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
does it really matter ? did these tactics stop people from enjoying the games ?

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
You're talking about graphics. GRAPHICS with FFXIII. Wow, stop looking at the games and start playing them. You wanna talk graphics, bring me your 3DMARK score. Until then, stop attaching yourself to the graphics on a machine you didn't even build or tweak yourself.
kyleyochum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kyleyochum
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts

PS3Graphix
arent they all more or less unplayable cutscenes? its not like you are controlling them, moreso than choosing from a menu and watching the result.
stop_loading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stop_loading
Member since 2006 • 5131 Posts
fighting scene = gameplay
mamalaga12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mamalaga12
Member since 2006 • 2175 Posts

Shirley_Temple
those are not gameplay shot no matter how blocky certain bits look...
swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts

PS3Graphix

you mean like Halo 3's trailer right?

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FireXero
[QUOTE="Shirley_Temple"]

mamalaga12

Do you have any proof? or are you just in denial?
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts

PS3Graphix

Quite ironic if you look at his gamertag. Man, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed? That trailer was confirmed as CGI and a little in game showings. Get over it?

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shirley_Temple
[QUOTE="Shirley_Temple"]

mamalaga12

I didn't say they were gameplay, I implied it was ingame because CGI doesn't look that poor.

V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts
thats really funny coming from a guy with a tidus icon... oh and btw it could actually be in game it is after all next gen and the reason people care about what they see is because even if it is cgi they do it way better than everybody else so it actually looks real not really fake
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TekkenMaster606
The new fad this generation is picking apart shadow, lighting, jaggies and other graphical elements. Playing the games is SO last-gen.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chrismunx

The new fad this generation is picking apart shadow, lighting, jaggies and other graphical elements. Playing the games is SO last-gen.TekkenMaster606

Ya know. You may be onto something. Everyone seems more concerned about jaggies and the likes. Always out to try to downgrade a game for what it's worth.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchFireXero
gameplay but judging from the camera angles and everything it looked like they are scripted cutscenes like we saw in the past. looks like the only interaction for those scenes is on a menu.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
does it really matter ? did these tactics stop people from enjoying the games ?

diggyzoom
depend if you have the expectations of more than the game can provide. that could indeed affect your enjoyment.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TekkenMaster606
People buy JRPGs to interact with cutscenes huh? I am now misinformed. I thought they were there for watching.
kyosukeugc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 kyosukeugc
Member since 2005 • 1407 Posts
do I care? no. Just give me my FFXIII damnit!
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
You're talking about graphics. GRAPHICS with FFXIII. Wow, stop looking at the games and start playing them. You wanna talk graphics, bring me your 3DMARK score. Until then, stop attaching yourself to the graphics on a machine you didn't even build or tweak yourself.TekkenMaster606
3dMark is a useless test.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chrismunx

[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]does it really matter ? did these tactics stop people from enjoying the games ?

Ontain
depend if you have the expectations of more than the game can provide. that could indeed affect your enjoyment.

Ya know. I remember FF12 starting out this sort of way. And look at the end product? 40/40 with Famitsu. Reviewers out there giving it a perfect 10. I think SE is on the right track of breathing new life into the FF series. Let's just hope we don't have to wait for another 4 - 5 years on it :/

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FireXero

[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]does it really matter ? did these tactics stop people from enjoying the games ?

chrismunx

Ya know. I remember FF12 starting out this sort of way. And look at the end product? 40/40 with Famitsu. Reviewers out there giving it a perfect 10. I think SE is on the right track of breathing new life into the FF series. Let's just hope we don't have to wait for another 4 - 5 years on it :/

Europeans like me are still waiting... damn Square, i love em and hate em.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chrismunx
[QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]does it really matter ? did these tactics stop people from enjoying the games ?

FireXero

Europeans like me are still waiting... damn Square, i love em and hate em.

Ouch. How much longer you have to wait on it?

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FireXero
How much longer? hmm... the online store i always shop in says... To be announced -_-
Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jack-Thompson
Member since 2006 • 1028 Posts

Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchFireXero

I don't trust them cause a lot Japanese game developers would say anything to make the PS3 look better then the pile of crap that it really is.

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FireXero

[QUOTE="FireXero"]Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchJack-Thompson

I don't trust them cause a lot Japanese game developers would say anything to make the PS3 look better then the pile of crap that it really is.

*Red lights start flashing*

WARNING! WARNING! We have a fanboy on the topic! Evacuate! Evacuate!
Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ryumoau23
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts
How much longer? hmm... the online store i always shop in says... To be announced -_-FireXero
We gotta wait for Japan to get it first, then add anout 6-8 months for localization (assuming you're in America).
Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jack-Thompson

do I care? no. Just give me my FFXIII damnit!kyosukeugc

Calm down fella its just a video game, I'm not grinding my teeth with anxiety waiting for Halo 3 or any other game for that matter.

chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chrismunx

[QUOTE="FireXero"]Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchJack-Thompson

I don't trust them cause a lot Japanese game developers would say anything to make the PS3 look better then the pile of crap that it really is.

And yet MS is trying to boost their Japanese sales. So who should you trust more?

Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

every FF since 7 has tried to fool people with CGI, or doctored cutscene graphics into thinking the whole game will look that way.PS3Graphix

This is the biggest lie I have heard all month.  Square has always been very open with their games and what they look like, both in game and CGI cutscenes.  Give ONE example of them EVER misleading people.

Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jack-Thompson
[QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="FireXero"]Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchFireXero

I don't trust them cause a lot Japanese game developers would say anything to make the PS3 look better then the pile of crap that it really is.

In your sig it states your a fanboy so don't point a finger at me and say "that's the fanboy" when it looks like your a bigger one than I could ever be when it comes to crappy video games like Final Fantasy.

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shirley_Temple

[QUOTE="FireXero"]How much longer? hmm... the online store i always shop in says... To be announced -_-Ryumoau23
We gotta wait for Japan to get it first, then add anout 6-8 months for localization (assuming you're in America).

First off, its out in Japan and America, 2nd, he's in europe.

Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ryumoau23
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts

[QUOTE="Ryumoau23"][QUOTE="FireXero"]How much longer? hmm... the online store i always shop in says... To be announced -_-Shirley_Temple

First off, its out in Japan and America, 2nd, he's in europe.

Sorry, i just read the post without really knowing what game he was talking about. I thought he was talking about FFXIII.
FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FireXero
[QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

In your sig it states your a fanboy so don't point a finger at me and say "that's the fanboy" when it looks like your a bigger one than I could ever be when it comes to crappy video games like Final Fantasy.

I own a 360 and i plan to buy the Wii and the PS3, how does that make me a fanboy?
BTW, The same people that gave your precious Gears a 9.6 have given all real FF games AAA so stfu.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
Maybe because we have played the previous series unlike others >.>secretsaiyan007
So have i.... And when Sony Said killzone was 'in game' i dont belive anything atm untill i see real game fottage.
lohithbms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 lohithbms
Member since 2005 • 5081 Posts
I thought i'd try FFX and bought it. In approx 8 hrs there was like 5-6 hrs of cutscenes. :?
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chrismunx
[QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

Actually. I think you just made yourself look more of the fanboy with that statement. Back to Congress with you!

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts
Never realy liked the ff games, but I will be getting this one. btw....... chrismunx, that Azumanga Daioh animation sig is great, gave me a good laugh, thanks. 
FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FireXero
[QUOTE="lohithbms"]I thought i'd try FFX and bought it. In approx 8 hrs there was like 5-6 hrs of cutscenes. :?

And after you beat the game theres over 100 hours of gameplay (at least for me) with the arenas and dark aeons. You can always start a NSG (No Sphere Grid) game if you want to make it harder and more interesting.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

Shirley_Temple
The top picture will most likely resemble in game...i think the 'battle' at E3 was also CGI tbh.
Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jack-Thompson
[QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="FireXero"]Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchchrismunx

And yet MS is trying to boost their Japanese sales. So who should you trust more?

I don't remember Microsoft passing off CGI as gameplay. I'm sure you saw the interview thats in the Killzone section over at IGN when the Sony CEO blatantly said Killzone was actual gameplay and that they secretly released the dev kits early.

I believe the reasons MS wants to get Japanese to support the 360 is so that people in the rest of the world that enjoy crappy JRPGs and other Japanese inspired games get to play them on the Xbox 360. I don't really give a damn if they even appear on the 360 and franky I would prefer they didn't. Let Sony realese that garbage on their system the Paperweight 3.

Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jack-Thompson
[QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"][QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="FireXero"]Maybe we beleive them because they confirmed that the intro of the trailer was CGI but the parts where the girls is fighting is gameplay? do some researchchrismunx

Actually. I think you just made yourself look more of the fanboy with that statement. Back to Congress with you!

I'll admit it. I am a fanboy of good video games and other systems like the Wii and PS3 don't have good video games so I'll stick with my 360.

chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chrismunx
[QUOTE="chrismunx"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

I don't remember Microsoft passing off CGI as gameplay. I'm sure you saw the interview thats in the Killzone section over at IGN when the Sony CEO blatantly said Killzone was actual gameplay and that they secretly released the dev kits early.

I believe the reasons MS wants to get Japanese to support the 360 is so that people in the rest of the world that enjoy crappy JRPGs and other Japanese inspired games get to play them on the Xbox 360. I don't really give a damn if they even appear on the 360 and franky I would prefer they didn't. Let Sony realese that garbage on their system the Paperweight 3.

-sighs and just shakes his head- I don't even want to argue anymore cause all it is to you is black or white.

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shirley_Temple
[QUOTE="chrismunx"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"][QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

I'll admit it. I am a fanboy of good video games and other systems like the Wii and PS3 don't have good video games so I'll stick with my 360.

Wow. 

Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jack-Thompson
[QUOTE="Shirley_Temple"]

toxicmog

She looks tired and could probably use a good nap, poor gal(or is it a guy?, can never tell with Final Fantasy games) 

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="chrismunx"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"][QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

Your opinion has been noted.