Why are cows so convinced that the PS3 "will" be the overwhelming grap

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for IDateWhiteChick
IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IDateWhiteChick
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

I keep hearing claims by cows that the PS3 will "eventually" be the overwhelming graphics king, that it will leave the 360 in the dust, etc etc. Basically, they have been spouting off Sony propaganda talking points that Sony has been making since 2005, and almost all of it has been found to be utter rubbish. And when it is pointed out that graphics on the PS3 are either the same or inferior to games on the 360, they either: 1. Blame the devs for being lazy; or 2. Make some comment about "just wait until the Cell is unlocked."

I have yet to be blown away by anything on the PS3. Anything that has been done graphically on the PS3 can be done on the 360. PS3 multiplat versions of games are almost always inferior to the 360 versions; and at best they are exactly the same as the 360 version. Gamespot continually PWNs cows with the game comparison shots articles that they run every few months, with the PS3 being inferior to the 360 in multi-plats almost every time. Cows keep insisting that when the devs "learn" the PS3, game graphics will skyrocket, and make the 360 obsolete- even though the PS3 has now been out for almost 20 months (and devs had been working on PS3 titles for years prior to that). I am not a blind lemming, but I really have seen nothing that has convinced me of the supposed superior power of the PS3, or the fact that developers are going to be able to do any more than they can do on the 360, even in a couple years.

The fact is, the two systems are almost the exact same. Sure the PS3 has blu-ray and standard harddrive (which the 360 definitely should have included with every 360), but other than that, how can any cow claim graphical superiority over the 360? What upcoming graphically impressive games that could NOT be done on the 360 are coming out anytime soon? Do you really think Killzone 2 couldn't be done on the 360? The two systems are almos the exact same, it's just that one is cheaper and has a far superior games library.

Someone please convince me, using real, concrete examples and arguments (that do not involve personally bashing me), that the PS3 really is more powerful than the 360, or ever will be.

Dunkaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dunkaman
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts
killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2U
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

I know very little about the technical details concerning computer hardware, but to my eyes the PS3 handles lighting much more realistically than the 360. In my opinion, lighting is the single-most important element when it comes to visuals.

You're right when you say that the two consoles are relatively close to one another with respect to graphical capabilities, but the PS3 exclusives look better to me than the 360 exclusives for the reason I mentioned above. Just my opinion.

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
"IDateWhiteChick" is totally the most reasonable poster on here. I totally respect his opinion and whenever I see that Cooking Mama avatar, I'm filled with joy. Haha, that's funny. :P
kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
uncharted >the rest
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dewmandew7
Shouldn't Gran Turismo 5 Prologue be the console graphics king?
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

NOW i would have to agree, but unless MGS4 and KZ2 are Red Steels, i doubt it will stay that way

edit:i forgot about GTA5P, which has the best graphics now, but that's one game

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

Shouldn't you be using your supposed education for something better than this?

Can I get a mod in here?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

"IDateWhiteChick" is totally the most reasonable poster on here. I totally respect his opinion and whenever I see that Cooking Mama avatar, I'm filled with joy. Haha, that's funny. :Pdewmandew7

that lost all his credibility.

although i have to agree 100% cows are obsessed with future tenses when talking about uh... everything. apart from uncharted is graphics king... which i never found out why it was, it just "is". seriously apart from the lighting it isn;t even better looking than gears of war

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dewmandew7

[QUOTE="dewmandew7"]"IDateWhiteChick" is totally the most reasonable poster on here. I totally respect his opinion and whenever I see that Cooking Mama avatar, I'm filled with joy. Haha, that's funny. :PcrunchUK

that lost all his credibility.

although i have to agree 100% cows are obsessed with future tenses when talking about uh... everything. apart from uncharted is graphics king... which i never found out why it was, it just "is". seriously apart from the lighting it isn;t even better looking than gears of war

I was being sarcastic. :|

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Why do lemmings think there stuf blows PS3 away? It works both ways.
IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IDateWhiteChick

Can I get a mod in here?

skirlnik

Typical cow response- report a thread that is 100% true to the mods, because you don't like what was written. Afraid of the truth?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Why do lemmings think there stuf blows PS3 away? It works both ways. black_awpN1

that is not what the TC is talking about.

Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
TC is right. But no PS3 fan will admit it...
IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IDateWhiteChick

killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2UDunkaman

Are you trying to say that neither could be done on the 360? ;)

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 black_awpN1

[QUOTE="Dunkaman"]killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2UIDateWhiteChick

THey could, but ethy would be Downgrades becasue ofDisc Space.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
You obvously know alot about the graphics since you own a PS3. :roll:
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="IDateWhiteChick"]

[QUOTE="Dunkaman"]killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2Ublack_awpN1

That's a myth. You'd be surprised how much smaller files get when you compress them. ;)

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="IDateWhiteChick"]

[QUOTE="Dunkaman"]killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2Uxsubtownerx

That's a myth. You'd be surprised how much smaller files get when you compress them. ;)

Theyre would be Ausio compression adn most lieklt Multidiscs, which means a downgrade from the original.

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dewmandew7

I'd say probably possible with Killzone 2, but MGS4 would definitely have to be on two or three discs with all of the content in there. I mean, think of how many areas there must be for this game. It's suppose to be thirty hours.

IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IDateWhiteChick

You obvously know alot about the graphics since you own a PS3. :roll:Lionheart08

Actually, I read ign and gamesspot, and like one of my friends owns a PS3 (and everyone else owns 360s). i have played it

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9167 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="IDateWhiteChick"]

[QUOTE="Dunkaman"]killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2Udewmandew7

I'd say probably possible with Killzone 2, but MGS4 would definitely have to be on two or three discs with all of the content in there. I mean, think of how many areas there must be for this game. It's suppose to be thirty hours.

9 of those hours are cut-scenes

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

dewmandew7

30 with the cutscenes. That's not very long. Anyways, we'll never know because those games will never go to the 360.

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
Most editors say MGS4 has the best graphics.. Go read some reviews if you dont believe me. Overall, i cant say which console is better but MGS4 and Uncharted shows what the PS3 has so far as far as graphics is concerned. Next week RFOM will be shown to the world. RFOM2 could be in the mix as well with GEARS 2.
Solid_Tekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solid_Tekken
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts

I agree that PS3 and 360 are roughy equal in terms of graphics but your point on multi-plat titles doesn't hold ground, I mean if the game is created on 360 and ported to PS3 it will look slightly better on 360 and vice-versa. Keep in mind the developers have had much more time on the 360 due to it being out much earlier plus it's familier architecture. PS3 came out later and is harder to develop for yet the games are quite similar amongst the 2 consoles. This kinda shows that despite the problems posed by the PS3 the graphics are still similar to 360 multi-plat wise. Just look at the PS2, a console which like the PS3 was hard to program on yet look how that turned out, PS3 has alot of power and you will gradually see that year after year, like the PS2.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I know very little about the technical details concerning computer hardware, but to my eyes the PS3 handles lighting much more realistically than the 360. In my opinion, lighting is the single-most important element when it comes to visuals.

You're right when you say that the two consoles are relatively close to one another with respect to graphical capabilities, but the PS3 exclusives look better to me than the 360 exclusives for the reason I mentioned above. Just my opinion.

Jared2720

Completely agree.

IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IDateWhiteChick

True. Just another myth that cows like to spout off. Blu ray really has no real advantage for gaming. Why do massive PC games still use dvd, and even cd?

IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IDateWhiteChick

I agree that PS3 and 360 are roughy equal in terms of graphics but your point on multi-plat titles doesn't hold ground, I mean if the game is created on 360 and ported to PS3 it will look slightly better on 360 and vice-versa. Keep in mind the developers have had much more time on the 360 due to it being out much earlier plus it's familier architecture. PS3 came out later and is harder to develop for yet the games are quite similar amongst the 2 consoles. This kinda shows that despite the problems posed by the PS3 the graphics are still similar to 360 multi-plat wise. Just look at the PS2, a console which like the PS3 was hard to program on yet look how that turned out, PS3 has alot of power and you will gradually see that year after year, like the PS2.

Solid_Tekken

Sure, but do you really think that the PS3 will vastly outpace the 360, graphically? What's likely to happen is a game of leap frog between the two consoles, with one getting a "best grraphiks evah" game, and then a couple months later another game is released on the other console with is arguably better. And so on. But the PS3 will never completely outclass the 360, at least not before the next generation.

Also, the PS3 is not the same as the PS2, and never will be.

Solid_Tekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solid_Tekken
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
the PS3 is not the same as the PS2, and never will be.

IDateWhiteChick

Sales-wise it may not but game-wise I reckon it definitely will before this gen is over.

IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IDateWhiteChick
[QUOTE="IDateWhiteChick"]the PS3 is not the same as the PS2, and never will be.

Solid_Tekken

Sales-wise it may not but game-wise I reckon it definitely will before this gen is over.

You can't be serious

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skirlnik
[QUOTE="skirlnik"]

Can I get a mod in here?

IDateWhiteChick

Typical cow response- report a thread that is 100% true to the mods, because you don't like what was written. Afraid of the truth?

Actually, I was messing with you. Like you're messing with people you don't know. I didn't report the thread or anything - why should I care what your opinion is in System Wars? You come on here every day making threads full of assumptions about some supposed "herd" of people that all think the same thing like some gigantic hive-mind. You're the definition of "don't assume, it makes an *ss of you and me," and I only posted to call you out on it.

Thanks for using pejorative to ostracize a group of people who don't think like you, though. Everyone really appreciates that.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

Solid_Tekken

Nope, systems that are more powerful tend to be able to display it. On an almost universal basis, Xbox games looked better than their PS2 counterpart FROM DAY 1 and the overwhelming majority were deved on the PS2 and ported to the Xbox. The ones deved for the Xbox and ported to the PS2 undeniably looked better on the Xbox.

What about the PS2, most of its games looked inferior in 2001, and most of its games looked inferior in 2005. EVERY console continues to see improvements year after year(which is why the PS2 never caught the xbox despite getting better over time....the xbox wasn't a stationary target).

Cows have to learn to realize Sony machines are what they are. For 3 generations in a row we've heard claims of hardware superiority and unlocked potential to propel it past other machines, and they have NEVER met those claims, as their competition has always improved over time as well.

The PS3 and the 360 are pretty much equivilent in power...the specs suggested that in 2005, and 2006-2008 continue to display exactly that.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Steppy_76
Why do lemmings think there stuf blows PS3 away? It works both ways. black_awpN1
The 360 was never supposed to "blow away" the PS3 and claims weren't made that it would. Cows to this very day continue to make these claims and still have no evidence to actually support it(and no merely saying "but the cell!!!!" isn't supporting evidence...the cell NEVER appeared to be an ideal match for running games, and so far it is showing htat it is exactly that.)
IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IDateWhiteChick
[QUOTE="IDateWhiteChick"][QUOTE="skirlnik"]

Can I get a mod in here?

skirlnik

Actually, I was messing with you. Like you're messing with people you don't know. I didn't report the thread or anything - why should I care what your opinion is in System Wars? You come on here every day making threads full of assumptions about some supposed "herd" of people that all think the same thing like some gigantic hive-mind. You're the definition of "don't assume, it makes an *ss of you and me," and I only posted to call you out on it.

Thanks for using pejorative to ostracize a group of people who don't think like you, though. Everyone really appreciates that.

you're just afraid of the truth

what does pejorative mean

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

[QUOTE="Dunkaman"]killzone 2 and mgs4 say OMGHI2UIDateWhiteChick

I can't speak for Killzone 2, but everybody and their mother knows MGS4 can't be done on the 360. The media format (DVD) is the issue.
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Why don't you quit making threads based on opinion and generalizations.

I have not seen any PS3 owner make the claims you say they do in your first paragraph. So, to me, I think you're taking a small few and pointing at all PS3 owners across the board. Very lame and very self-defeating.

"I have yet to be blown away by anythng on the PS3." Really? What a surprise :roll: My guess is, NOTHING EVER WILL. Get over it.

Seriously, you are on the short account life path here. I'm willing to bet you'll be permanently banned within a few months.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
The PS3 will be the console graphics king at the end of this generation we've elready seen alittle glimpse of it. That being said it won't leaps and bounds ahead of the 360 just slightly and this only applies to exclusives.
IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IDateWhiteChick
[QUOTE="Solid_Tekken"]

Steppy_76

Nope, systems that are more powerful tend to be able to display it. On an almost universal basis, Xbox games looked better than their PS2 counterpart FROM DAY 1 and the overwhelming majority were deved on the PS2 and ported to the Xbox. The ones deved for the Xbox and ported to the PS2 undeniably looked better on the Xbox.

What about the PS2, most of its games looked inferior in 2001, and most of its games looked inferior in 2005. EVERY console continues to see improvements year after year(which is why the PS2 never caught the xbox despite getting better over time....the xbox wasn't a stationary target).

Cows have to learn to realize Sony machines are what they are. For 3 generations in a row we've heard claims of hardware superiority and unlocked potential to propel it past other machines, and they have NEVER met those claims, as their competition has always improved over time as well.

The PS3 and the 360 are pretty much equivilent in power...the specs suggested that in 2005, and 2006-2008 continue to display exactly that.

Lots of excellent points here. Cows would be benefitted by heeding these words. There is simply zero evidence that the PS3 is somehow vastly more powerful than the 360. It's a good thing we can use other measures of a console's worth, like game libaries and AAAEs.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
uncharted >the rest kaangonultas
No, Assasins Creed is better looking imo
IDateWhiteChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IDateWhiteChick

The PS3 will be the console graphics king at the end of this generation we've elready seen alittle glimpse of it. That being said won't leaps and bounds ahead ahead of the 360 just slightly and this only applies to exclusives.Flamestos

Thank you for responding to my OP. But what "gimpse" are you talking about? I see nothing that couldn't be done on the 360.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I have not seen any PS3 owner make the claims you say they do in your first paragraph. So, to me, I think you're taking a small few and pointing at all PS3 owners across the board. Very lame and very self-defeating.

"I have yet to be blown away by anythng on the PS3." Really? What a surprise :roll: My guess is, NOTHING EVER WILL. Get over it.

Seriously, you are on the short account life path here. I'm willing to bet you'll be permanently banned within a few months.

The_Crucible

if you havent seen cows make any of the claims the TC mentioned..you must not come around here much.

Avatar image for T3h_M3tal_Biggz
T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 T3h_M3tal_Biggz
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

I keep hearing claims by cows that the PS3 will "eventually" be the overwhelming graphics king, that it will leave the 360 in the dust, etc etc. Basically, they have been spouting off Sony propaganda talking points that Sony has been making since 2005, and almost all of it has been found to be utter rubbish. And when it is pointed out that graphics on the PS3 are either the same or inferior to games on the 360, they either: 1. Blame the devs for being lazy; or 2. Make some comment about "just wait until the Cell is unlocked."

I have yet to be blown away by anything on the PS3. Anything that has been done graphically on the PS3 can be done on the 360. PS3 multiplat versions of games are almost always inferior to the 360 versions; and at best they are exactly the same as the 360 version. Gamespot continually PWNs cows with the game comparison shots articles that they run every few months, with the PS3 being inferior to the 360 in multi-plats almost every time. Cows keep insisting that when the devs "learn" the PS3, game graphics will skyrocket, and make the 360 obsolete- even though the PS3 has now been out for almost 20 months (and devs had been working on PS3 titles for years prior to that). I am not a blind lemming, but I really have seen nothing that has convinced me of the supposed superior power of the PS3, or the fact that developers are going to be able to do any more than they can do on the 360, even in a couple years.

The fact is, the two systems are almost the exact same. Sure the PS3 has blu-ray and standard harddrive (which the 360 definitely should have included with every 360), but other than that, how can any cow claim graphical superiority over the 360? What upcoming graphically impressive games that could NOT be done on the 360 are coming out anytime soon? Do you really think Killzone 2 couldn't be done on the 360? The two systems are almos the exact same, it's just that one is cheaper and has a far superior games library.

Someone please convince me, using real, concrete examples and arguments (that do not involve personally bashing me), that the PS3 really is more powerful than the 360, or ever will be.

IDateWhiteChick

Hey WhiteChick, The GFX On Oblivions world Detail look so much better on PS3..

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 skirlnik

you're just afraid of the truth

what does pejorative mean

I hereby resolve to never read another one of your posts. Thanks for helping me on that.

megaton3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 megaton3k
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

IDateWhiteChick

That statement destroyed all your credibility from this point on.

By the way....MGS4/Thread

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]The PS3 will be the console graphics king at the end of this generation we've elready seen alittle glimpse of it. That being said won't leaps and bounds ahead ahead of the 360 just slightly and this only applies to exclusives.IDateWhiteChick

Thank you for responding to my OP. But what "gimpse" are you talking about? I see nothing that couldn't be done on the 360.

Did I say anything currently couldn't be done on the 360? No, comparing the two best graphical games at the moment Gears Of War(360)/Uncharted(PS3) it has a slight edge whether that's because Gears is color and lighting restricted is another issue.

By the end of this generation the PS3 will have slighty better visuals but it won't be a dominating victory. Ic ould care less about Cows potential unlocking if they want to believe that then hey let them.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Steppy_76

The_Crucible
Burying your head in the sand certainly doesn't make problems go away. The overwhelming opinion among cows was that the PS3 would destroy the 360. All throughout 2005 and 2006 when 360 games were shown cows would laugh at how bad the graphics were("Just wait until we see PS3 gameplay screens, look at how awesome the Killzone 2 trailer was!!"). When actual PS3 gameplay and not CGI was shown they were saying "Just wait, it's early yet, the game will blow away the 360 when the PS3 releases....those graphics only look like 360 graphics". Then the machine came out and the mantra was "Just wait, once devs figure out how to use the cell games will blow away 360 games...2007 is gonna show how powerful the PS3 really is!". Now, in 2008 when the multiplats finally look pretty much identical(when the PS3 is the lead platform, and more time and/or people and/or money) cows go "see the PS3 is already as good as the 360, surely it will blow by it now!!". Of course fewer and fewer continue saying that stuff as the evidence increases that it just won't happen, but just like every other generation, we're going to see some cows claiming that the untapped potential will be released "very soon" until the generation is over.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="kaangonultas"]uncharted >the rest angelkimne
No, Assasins Creed is better looking imo

o_o no... Just No... Have you actually played uncharted?

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
[QUOTE="IDateWhiteChick"]

T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Hey WhiteChick, The GFX On Oblivions world Detail look so much better on PS3..

Maybe becasue it was released a year later. Just making a point.