Why 360 owners should change to PS3

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joeamis
Member since 2003 • 3010 Posts

My 360 just died and I've read so many posts about how people who get replacements also have the replacements die on them. Eventually the 3 year warranty is going to be over soon and then each 360 we send to get repaired is going to require us to pay up. So we might as well get rid of our 360's and get PS3's now so that PS3 overtakes 360 soon and is guaranteed as much 3rd party support as the 360, saving us from paying each time our 360 dies and going many months without a console. It doesn't look like 360 will continue to get as many exclusives in the future as it has already now that MS is losing the companies that provided them.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Did people change from the PS2? No so why should I change. Anyway just send the box in. You might as well. You can't sell a broken console.

demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demonik_360
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
The 360 is a dying console. MS should stick with what they know, PC. There console is horrid. I wish devs wouldnt support it so people can stop throwing away there money to them. i hate Ms as a company. there pc's are fantastic, i dont see why they dropped it.
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
So, you want us to wait, fakeboy!
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

What did you base all that stuff about extra support and less exclusives off of...

And I'm pretty sure when you send it in now, they fix it for good.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I don't see a reason why you should change to the PS3 if you like your 360. I have both so I'm pretty much set. Whichever you like, stick with it.
tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts
Ha thanks for the insight man... I think I'll just go ahead and throw my Xbox out the window now and buy a PS3!:roll:
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

The 360 is getting better 65nm is improving the system. Next year the GPU is going down to 65nm size too so no more problems. :D

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

The 360 is getting better 65nm is improving the system. Next year the GPU is going down to 65nm size too so no more problems.

PS3_3DO

I really hope so.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joeamis

Funny how people can't believe that I do own a 360. Why should we support a console that is just going to die on us repeatedly, making us have to go without the console for months at a time, and end up paying for repairs in the long run? Funnymario I explained the less exclusives, MS has lost exclusivity from losing companies they had partnered with: Bioware, Bungie, Bizarre. They also have strained their relationship with Epic, and MS only has exclusivity in the Gears franchise through Gears of War 2. As PS3 sales increase in 2008, you will see many games go multiplatform, while Sony still owns more internal studios than MS and has exclusives from Rockstar and will likely get more Japan exclusives. Funnymario if the PS3 sales equal or pass 360 that will ensure equal/more 3rd party support.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
I'm not biased on either system, but the most important thing to me with consoles are the games and PS3 just dosent even come close to 360's games.
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

so, what if you xbox dies. everyones xbox dies. i had an elite die 60 days after purchase. and a regular 360 die. it only take 14 days tops to get your xbox back from FREE REPAIR. at least microsoft admits there mistake and there paying for it.

unlike the ps3 and sony. all they do is lie. show you a game then tell you its coming out, but, it never shows up and bye the time it does, the technology on the game has already been surpassed.

the reason the xboxs dies, is because, microsoft did'nt know that there hardware was going to be used beyond normal usage bye its gamers. ps3, has'nt even seen the light of day. maybe two hours a month topps.

just because your xbox died and you feel cheated does'nt mean its better then the ps3. it really has nothing on the ps3 and never will. so, just go call 18004myxbox and in 14 days, you'll get your xbox back ready to go.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
We all know that BUNGIE is now independent but MS hasnt lost them either. Please tell me what corporations that MS is losing.
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joeamis

The 360 is getting better 65nm is improving the system. Next year the GPU is going down to 65nm size too so no more problems. :D

PS3_3DO

That's not going to help those of us who already own a 360. They're going to keep making cheap repairs or sending out refurbished old 360's from their stock of them that they keep receiving. They're not going to replace the 360 with brand new parts, i.e. the new motherboard and chips, unless that absolutely cannot repair your 360 or don't have any stock of 360's with the older parts, and given their rate of failure they likely will have them for many years.

Afrikanxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Afrikanxl
Member since 2006 • 1112 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

The 360 is getting better 65nm is improving the system. Next year the GPU is going down to 65nm size too so no more problems.

dream431ca

I really hope so.

me too......God forbid the immature Live users start logging on to the PSN.......imagine what will happen in KillZone online...when they see my username running around....:shock:

seriously though PS3_3DO.....what are yall going to do if these new chips don't stop the RROD..and the 3 years have passed.....what then......

Zam_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zam_basic
Member since 2002 • 5246 Posts

Did people change from the PS2? No so why should I change. Anyway just send the box in. You might as well. You can't sell a broken console.

too_much_eslim

the 360 redlight problem is far far worse than the ps2 problem not even close

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Why are people getting the Xbox 360? Because it HAS the games. So how can I convince them to switch to my side? Make sure it no longer has the great library. Now all I gotta do is make the owners themselves show the devs that there isn't a user base worth supporting.

So get the users to want to treat it as a system with no software support before it has no software support by creating that state themselves... yeah... there's a winning strategy :roll: :roll: :roll:

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
My 360 has held up fine for the last year, and I enjoy the games much more than the ones that are out for the PS3 (the only game I own for it is Resistance, with Stranglehold coming at the end of this month). And even if my 360 did break, the CPUs right now would ensure the problem probably won't happen again.
Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts

For gods sake... NOT ALL 360'S BREAK! You just hear a few reports, and suddenly believe that 90% of the 360's have broken.I have a ps3 and 360. My ps3 has had problems as well. It's gotten bugs where if I try to make an internal memory card, it sits there loading and does not work. Trivial? Yes, but notheless a problem.

I have a solution for everyone. Get a job, and buy both.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 F1sTDaCuffS

For gods sake... NOT ALL 360'S BREAK! You just hear a few reports, and suddenly believe that 90% of the 360's have broken.I have a ps3 and 360. My ps3 has had problems as well. It's gotten bugs where if I try to make an internal memory card, it sits there loading and does not work. Trivial? Yes, but notheless a problem.

I have a solution for everyone. Get a job, and buy both.

instantdeath999

not all is correct. but, for microsoft to anny up 1 billion dollars for the problems to fix it. well do the math. 7million units divdied bye 1 billion. i think that covers almost all and then some.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 joeamis

so, what if you xbox dies. everyones xbox dies. i had an elite die 60 days after purchase. and a regular 360 die. it only take 14 days tops to get your xbox back from FREE REPAIR. at least microsoft admits there mistake and there paying for it.

unlike the ps3 and sony. all they do is lie. show you a game then tell you its coming out, but, it never shows up and bye the time it does, the technology on the game has already been surpassed.

the reason the xboxs dies, is because, microsoft did'nt know that there hardware was going to be used beyond normal usage bye its gamers. ps3, has'nt even seen the light of day. maybe two hours a month topps.

just because your xbox died and you feel cheated does'nt mean its better then the ps3. it really has nothing on the ps3 and never will. so, just go call 18004myxbox and in 14 days, you'll get your xbox back ready to go.

F1sTDaCuffS

14 days tops omg that is beyond fanboy, 14 days would be the best case scenario. I've read all over the net and I've seen very little say about 2 weeks, and the far majority say 4 weeks or more. MS told me it would take 4 weeks too. They did not pay for it until they realized how pissed people were and the lawsuits they received. And its only for 3 years, once thats over your going to be paying when your 360 keeps dying. Yes the reason the 360 dies is "because MS did not expect it to get played beyond normal usage" LOL you own yourself there so hard. And yes everyone only plays PS3 2 hrs a month. I don't feel cheated, I'm saying we will all feel cheated when the 3 years is up and MS starts collecting all our money in the end.

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
If my 360 fails on me more than twice (never happened to me yet) i will use the money to upgrade my computer.
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 joeamis
Over 30% have broken and that figure is old. Mine is a launch 360 that just broke and I've read of others with launch 360s that recently broke, so that number is going up.
Afrikanxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Afrikanxl
Member since 2006 • 1112 Posts

My 360 has held up fine for the last year, and I enjoy the games much more than the ones that are out for the PS3 (the only game I own for it is Resistance, with Stranglehold coming at the end of this month). And even if my 360 did break, the CPUs right now would ensure the problem probably won't happen again.SeanBond

u should get Warhawk....its $40 at stores now without the bluetooth headset.......just the disk.....

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

too_much_eslim

why woudl they. Dre wasn't as bad a rrod. rrod is like aids.

wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
thank you fakeboy,i've taken your advise
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

ff7isnumbaone

oh, since we're throwing around random metaphors with no sound reasoning behind it, I'll toss mine into the hat: DRE is like Ebola Virus.

butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

ff7isnumbaone

Had my 360 for over a year, no problems. Had to open up my PS2 and clean the lense my self. Pathetic.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 joeamis
fakeboy?
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1sTDaCuffS
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

joeamis

14 days tops omg that is beyond fanboy, 14 days would be the best case scenario. I've read all over the net and I've seen very little say about 2 weeks, and the far majority say 4 weeks or more. MS told me it would take 4 weeks too. They did not pay for it until they realized how pissed people were and the lawsuits they received. And its only for 3 years, once thats over your going to be paying when your 360 keeps dying. Yes the reason the 360 dies is "because MS did not expect it to get played beyond normal usage" LOL you own yourself there so hard. And yes everyone only plays PS3 2 hrs a month. I don't feel cheated, I'm saying we will all feel cheated when the 3 years is up and MS starts collecting all our money in the end.

tell me something that is covered for 3 years out the door??? how am i pwning myself with a true statement, honestly, do you think you'd be covered beyond the 30 days from store purchase. they ask you right up front, do you want to buy the extra coverage for your xbox. the point i was making, sure go ahead buy a ps3, what are going to play. i own one for over 8 months. theres nothing on there. no ingame private voice chat, no voice msging in game. no msging in game. psn is nightmarish, region free so you can play with a host from japan... have fun. your serious overreaction is comical, the list is endless for ps3. for a owner of a xbox, who i assume does not own a ps3. how can you claim this??? just because your heated.

"ive read all over the net" you owned yourself so hard. so, what your saying, you never sent in a xbox yourself for repairs, just what you've read. ok!!!. you can go to my channel www.youtube.com/f2st it will show you that ive sent in my xbox's , and yes, i was hyped into believing that it was'nt coming back no less then a month. but, each time i got back exactly 14 days to the send in. so, unless you've tired it and only read about it. you really dont know what your talking about.

conclusion: a first timer, with a dead xbox whos over reacting. but, yet wants to convince everyone to buy a ps3. because of there misfortune.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

AdobeArtist

oh, since we're throwing around random metaphors with no sound reasoning behind it, I'll toss mine into the hat: DRE is like Ebola Virus.

i swear you lemmings have no brain. The is no cure for the rrod just like aids. They keep getting.

butteater86

Had my 360 for over a year, no problems. Had to open up my PS2 and clean the lense my self. Pathetic.

ok i would rather do that instead of watching the 360 collect dust because of some dumb lights.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joeamis
[QUOTE="joeamis"][QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

F1sTDaCuffS

tell me something that is covered for 3 years out the door??? how am i pwning myself with a true statement, honestly, do you think you'd be covered beyond the 30 days from store purchase. they ask you right up front, do you want to buy the extra coverage for your xbox. the point i was making, sure go ahead buy a ps3, what are going to play. i own one for over 8 months. theres nothing on there. no ingame private voice chat, no voice msging in game. no msging in game. psn is nightmarish, region free so you can play with a host from japan... have fun. your serious overreaction is comical, the list is endless for ps3. for a owner of a xbox, who i assume does not own a ps3. how can you claim this??? just because your heated.

"ive read all over the net" you owned yourself so hard. so, what your saying, you never sent in a xbox yourself for repairs, just what you've read. ok!!!. you can go to my channel www.youtube.com/f2st it will show you that ive sent in my xbox's , and yes, i was hyped into believing that it was'nt coming back no less then a month. but, each time i got back exactly 14 days to the send in. so, unless you've tired it and only read about it. you really dont know what your talking about.

conclusion: a first timer, with a dead xbox whos over reacting. but, yet wants to convince everyone to buy a ps3. because of there misfortune.

We've already gone over this... It was NOT covered for 3 years out the door, they only did it after a failure rate over 30%, so many were pissed, and class action lawsuits. It's only covered that long because its so unreliable and that way they can avoid recalls. I said you owned yourself because you think 360's are breaking"because MS did not expect it to get played beyond normal usage". 1 that is completely false, they do accelerated testing on the hardware. 2 Even if in some bizzaro world that was true, which it is NOT, that would still place MS completely at fault. So no matter which way you slice it you're wrong. If I get a PS3 I'll play any of its current and coming soon great games like Warhawk, HS, Motorstorm, Resistance, Haze, MGS4, CoD4, Rockband, AC, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted, R&C:FToD, Dirt, ES:O, GTA4, Orange Box, Little Big Planet, NG:S, UT3, etc. I did buy the extra coverage for my 360, and guess what I got screwed by MS for not extending the warranty I purchased for or refunding me after they decided it was 3 years free for all. PSN is getting better and soon it will have those features too, but even so I could care very little about those voice chat features. Yes, you must be right we live in a world where the experience of 1 360 owner should outweigh theexperience from all the other 360 owners... conclusion: you keep on showing you're wrong and stating whatever you can think of even though it's false, overruled by better information.

Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts
My 360 died and I was thinking of getting a PS3 to play while I waited for it to get repaired. However there isn't many games I want on the system. Your idea sounds good in theory but when you look at the games available on PS3 and try to decide what games to buy with the console the idea doesn't seem so great anymore.
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 F1sTDaCuffS
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"][QUOTE="joeamis"][QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

joeamis

We've already gone over this... It was NOT covered for 3 years out the door, they only did it after a failure rate over 30%, so many were pissed, and class action lawsuits. It's only covered that long because its so unreliable and that way they can avoid recalls. I said you owned yourself because you think 360's are breaking"because MS did not expect it to get played beyond normal usage". 1 that is completely false, they do accelerated testing on the hardware. 2 Even if in some bizzaro world that was true, which it is NOT, that would still place MS completely at fault. So no matter which way you slice it you're wrong. If I get a PS3 I'll play any of its current and coming soon great games like Warhawk, HS, Motorstorm, Resistance, Haze, MGS4, CoD4, Rockband, AC, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted, R&C:FToD, Dirt, ES:O, GTA4, Orange Box, Little Big Planet, NG:S, UT3, etc. I did buy the extra coverage for my 360, and guess what I got screwed by MS for not extending the warranty I purchased for or refunding me after they decided it was 3 years free for all. PSN is getting better and soon it will have those features too, but even so I could care very little about those voice chat features. Yes, you must be right we live in a world where the experience of 1 360 owner should outweigh theexperience from all the other 360 owners... conclusion: you keep on showing you're wrong and stating whatever you can think of even though it's false, overruled by better information.

guess what. gamespot owns you. when your laying in your bed tonight. think about it.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"][QUOTE="joeamis"][QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

joeamis

Joeamis I think you need to read this: READ ME!

Your posts hurt my eyes. Stay in school. English 101 is your friend.

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SeanBond

Joeamis I think you need to read this: READ ME!

Your posts hurt my eyes. Stay in school. English 101 is your friend.

Just_Osmo

U of I? Excellent school; I graduated from there in 2005. Apparently Gamespot is in good hands. ;)

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
I knew there was going to be something about RROD.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SeanBond

I knew there was going to be something about RROD.WeAreToast

While RROD is a valid thing to criticize Microsoft and the 360 for, I can't help feeling that most of the fanboys who bring it up as the reason to not buy a 360 are just trying to convince themselves that they made the right choice. Here's the deal guys: Go to Best Buy, pick up a 360 for $350, buy the replacement plan (I think it's $40 for the $350 one?), and then you're not only covered for 3 years, but in the first two, you can switch the damn thing out for a newer model instantly. For those of us who did this when the system was HDMI-less and had a 90nm CPU, it's essentially an "upgrade layaway" plan. 8)

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Oh I thought you were gonna say something like I would be able to play the games I play on my 360 on the PS3 or something like that.
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

ff7isnumbaone

i swear you lemmings have no brain. The is no cure for the rrod just like aids. They keep getting.

butteater86

ok i would rather do that instead of watching the 360 collect dust because of some dumb lights.

First, there's no cure for Ebola either. Second, why would you watch your 360 collect dust when you can send it off to be repaired for free? Finally, both the NES and PS2 had major widespread hardware issues. It didn't stop either of them from being the number one console in their respective gens. If the new chipsets and heatsinks fix the RROD issue then the average consumer won't even remember the problem in a year. People will put up with a lot of problems if something brings them enough enjoyment.
dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

My 360 just died and I've read so many posts about how people who get replacements also have the replacements die on them. Eventually the 3 year warranty is going to be over soon and then each 360 we send to get repaired is going to require us to pay up. So we might as well get rid of our 360's and get PS3's now so that PS3 overtakes 360 soon and is guaranteed as much 3rd party support as the 360, saving us from paying each time our 360 dies and going many months without a console. It doesn't look like 360 will continue to get as many exclusives in the future as it has already now that MS is losing the companies that provided them.

joeamis

Seeing as how I know many people (myself included) that went trough 3-4 PS2's and had to pay for them brand new each time until SONY got caught up in it with that lawsuit, I guess you can say the 360 is the PS2 of this generation eh?

And plus you give us no concrete reason that we havn't heard from other PS fanboys that ramble on the same thing cause they can't find any other flaw with the 360 to knock on.

So before you start saying we need to do something, get your facts strait and try again.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

F1sTDaCuffS

My PS3 is "ON" about 12 hours a day. Between gaming, someone watching movies, listening to music, or browsing the web it's on constantly. And zero problems. Your making excuses for MS and that's sad. The fact is you shouldn't have to send it back. And guess what when Sony had PS2 problems they did the same. From wikipedia "... Sony agreed to provide free repair or replacement for the faulty consoles and continued to do so until February 2005."

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

EmperorSupreme

My PS3 is "ON" about 12 hours a day. Between gaming, someone watching movies, listening to music, or browsing the web it's on constantly. And zero problems. Your making excuses for MS and that's sad. The fact is you shouldn't have to send it back. And guess what when Sony had PS2 problems they did the same. From wikipedia "... Sony agreed to provide free repair or replacement for the faulty consoles and continued to do so until February 2005."

You quoted Wiki instead of an actual news source, FAIL

sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
my brother in law 's 360 died out on him last month due to the redring.had it for a bit over a year. he's on his 2nd oneandit'snow called thebreakbox360.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

joeamis

we know you are trying to help but...if you are not satisfied with the 360...you should change to a PS3...many people incluiding myself have experienced the RRoD...and some have changed...some hasnt ( like me..but i have thought about change ) ...we are loyal, so do what its better for you

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
unless I have to start replaceing my 360 monthly I am never getting rid of it. I have had a 360 from day one, and I think its my favorite console of all time. My launch console did die on me after about eleven months, but my second one seems perfect. I also have a ps3, but I actually dont even own a game on it right now. I use my ps3 exclusively as a blue ray player.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

EmperorSupreme

My PS3 froze 3 times the other day during boot up, my 360 hasnt froze during anything for months .....

See what i did there ..... just because you dont experience problems doesnt mean everyone else doesnt and vice versa.

_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

I am about to be really real with you.

At this point, even with hardware failures, people will prefer 360. PS3 at this point is getting it's multiplats late and often of a lessor or same quality. Why do I want to wait 3 months to play a game. Oh yeah, i don't. The last system to get super late multiplats was Gamecube.

360 right now has bigger exclusives. Now of course this will change when Metal Gear comes out, but as of now, Halo 3 and Mass Effect say otherwise. Sure the games will likely land on a PC, A YEAR from now. How long has it taken for Gears?? I'm pretty sure I played Gears this time last year.

People don't buy a system for it's hardware, they buy it for games (a lesson i hadto learn from buying an original Xbox launch day). I ended up being Manticore last gen because while Xbox and GC had better graphics/hardware, PS2 had all the games.