Who's the worst new character introduced this gen? Last gen Lara and all Wolfenstein reboot can be included (Lara won)

• 93 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Hello, what new character has been the worst this gen?

From checking the nominations it appears Lara has won.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24978 Posts

New BJ blazkowicz

New Lara croft

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yeah, came to say Kage.

Looks fun to play, but that design is pure shit.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Female Chris Tucker in New Colossus.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Your opinions don t count or matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

New BJ blazkowicz

New Lara croft

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:

New BJ blazkowicz

New Lara croft

But he's right, went from a bad ass Indy/Bond hybrid to an easily upset tumblr user.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

All the hipsters from Watch Dogs 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:

New BJ blazkowicz

New Lara croft

But he's right, went from a bad ass Indy/Bond hybrid to an easily upset tumblr user.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15947 Posts

The Blazkowiz twin from Wolfenstein Young Blood.

Also most of Xenoblade 2 characters.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2947 Posts

Lara Croft. Back in the good old PS1 days, she had this tough as nails attitude, and she kicked and killed men's and wolves' asses, but nowadays she just seems scared. Pathetic.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#13 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@sakaixx said:

The Blazkowiz twin from Wolfenstein Young Blood.

Also most of Xenoblade 2 characters.

How I felt about the XB2 characters.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

That main dude from Infamous Second Son was pretty annoying.

As for BJ he was pretty cool in the The new order, but he's a massive fanny in The new Colossus. At least he's not as bad as his offspring, shoulda disowned those two dipshits.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

@i_p_daily: Even pmanden says about Lara Croft isn't the best character introduce this gen. Why give those two posters a hard time just because they said new Lara Croft is the worst character this gen?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

The chick with the goofy face in mass effect andromeda.

Also dad kratos, not a fan

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeezers

@floppydics: BJ was fine imo, but your right his children are degenerates

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@jeezers said:

The chick with the goofy face in mass effect andromeda.

Also dad kratos, not a fan

Not a fan of Kratos or that stupid kid.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 floppydics

@jeezers:There's a terrible part of me inside that wants to play a totally unpatched mass efeect andromeda just to see those 'tired' faces and hilarious bugs (Ryder walking like she shat herself etc) from the youtube videos. As for characters in Mass effect, we went from iconic characters like Shepard, Wrex, Garrus and Tali in original ME to whoever the hell was in ME:Andromeda. What a downfall in character creation.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Tomb Raider 2013 was cross-gen, but I'm gonna say Laura Croft. Yes, I said Laura. Lara was cool.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeezers

@floppydics: I want to say your crazy for talking like that, but i have no room to talk

I played through duke nuke forever for similiar reasons last year lol respect

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 floppydics

@jeezers said:

@floppydics: I want to say your crazy for talking like that, but i have no room to talk

I played through duke nuke forever for similiar reasons last year lol respect

Indeed haha. My condolences.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

Making her so emotional was the dumbest idea ever. Who in their right mind wants to watch James Bond or Indiana Jones cry in the face of adversity. These idiots don't understand adventure.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 uninspiredcup

@ezekiel43 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

Making her so emotional was the dumbest idea ever. Who in their right mind wants to watch James Bond or Indiana Jones cry in the face of adversity. These idiots don't understand adventure.

I wonder who wrote this pap. Guessing it's someone about 20-25 who never actually played the OG Tomb Raider.

Even the sentence of "iconic" isn't true as Lara Croft was at her peak in the PS1 days, now she's far less of a prominent character.

Shit, she was even in non-game commercials over here.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Anyone ghosts or cup likes.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10484 Posts

deacon "deek" st john from days gone. a young marcus fenix looking wannabe with a personality that was all over the show. one minute the level headed voice of reason, the next an irrational and unnecessarily over emotional drama queen. some really cringey dialogue too. bit of a deekhead.

also that dutch guy from rdr2. didn't quite get why he was the head of the gang or why they followed him with such devotion. came across as a bit of an idealistic loser who led the gang from one poorly planned disaster to another. thoroughly bored of him by the fourth act

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts

Blazko twins in Youngblood are the worst, by far

Luckily the game still has some really solid gunplay and the gameplay is overall good. The story and characters, should've been left on the drawing board. They are beyond horrid

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@warmblur said:

All the hipsters from Watch Dogs 2.

This.

I stopped playing the game 30 mins in because they were so obnoxious and I just couldn't take it any more. It's a shame too, because the game was otherwise decent from what little I played. Luckily, I got the game for free... so no real loss.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Ed from Street Fighter V ... he is so generic, not that fun to play and very annoying to fight against ... sure, he has some flashy combos ... but overall, i think he is bland and forgettable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Even pmanden says about Lara Croft isn't the best character introduce this gen. Why give those two posters a hard time just because they said new Lara Croft is the worst character this gen?

Because he posted after me and i'm just returning to this thread since I last posted, but pmanden is an idiot sandwich also.

You may need to re-read the actual OP dav, and then you may see why I posted what I did. Or better yet I will tell you

What is the worst NEWcharacter introduced this gen.

Lara Croft is not a new character even if they change or introduce more emotion into the character.

What you say now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Because he posted after me and i'm just returning to this thread since I last posted, but pmanden is an idiot sandwich also.

You may need to re-read the actual OP dav, and then you may see why I posted what I did. Or better yet I will tell you

Lara Croft is not a new character even if they change or introduce more emotion into the character.

What you say now?

So, tell me, are the new Lara and the old one the same woman? Do you believe the woman from the reboot goes back in time to the nineties? If you can't prove they are the same woman and her adventures are all connected, then they're different characters. One is newer and drastically different.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sleepnsurf: I wasn't a fan until I started playing the game, they're like peanut butter and choc now. I thought the kid would be annoying but he's a really fun gameplay mechanic and whoever voiced him did a great job. Kratos is still Kratos, kicking ass but a bit wiser this time around.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Lucky Chloe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

What you say now?

So, tell me, are the new Lara and the old one the same woman? Do you believe the woman from the reboot goes back in time to the nineties? If you can't prove they are the same woman and her adventures are all connected, then they're different characters. One is newer and drastically different.

Fucking hell the stupidity is off the charts.

So if a characters creators decide to give its creation more/less feelings, bigger/smaller breasts etc then its a new character lol.

Its you who has to prove that Lara Croft is a new character, the burden of proof falls on you as you're making the claim that they are 2 different people, and thus the new Lara is a doppelganger of sorts LMFAO.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

Not sure given "new" criteria, but Adam Jensen takes the crown for worst character of two consecutive generations.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Ghost4ever imo...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@djoffer said:

Ghost4ever imo...

Yeah, worst new character alt this gen.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Artyom

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

My least favorite new character this gen is Bowser from Super Mario Odyssey. He's wearing a wedding dress in that game so it's pretty much like he's a new character even though he's been around for a long time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@i_p_daily said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

What you say now?

So if a characters creators decide to give its creation more/less feelings, bigger/smaller breasts etc then its a new character lol.

Its you who has to prove that Lara Croft is a new character, the burden of proof falls on you as you're making the claim that they are 2 different people, and thus the new Lara is a doppelganger of sorts LMFAO.

Uh, how does the burden of proof fall on me? They are two different characters from two different versions of Tomb Raider. It's pretty obvious if you play the games. Similarly, there have been six different James Bonds in cinema. Nobody believes he has been young for fifty years and gone through five cosmetic surgeries.

I find it so pathetic that they made her use two pistols at the end of the 2013 game, as if to imply she would become the star we know, only to then never have her dual wield again. They don't even pretend anymore.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jaydan

@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

What you say now?

Uh, how does the burden of proof fall on me? They are two different characters from two different versions of Tomb Raider. It's pretty obvious if you play the games. Similarly, there have been six different James Bonds in cinema. Nobody believes he has been young for fifty years and gone through five cosmetic surgeries.

I find it so pathetic that they made her use two pistols at the end of the 2013 game, as if to imply she would become the star we know, only to then never have her dual wield again. They don't even pretend anymore.

Lara Croft is not a new character no matter how hard you guys try to spin it, just as much as James Bond is not a new character no matter how many times they recast the actors that play the role.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jaydan said:

Lara Croft is not a new character no matter how hard you guys try to spin it, just as much as James Bond is not a new character no matter how many times they recast the actors that play the role.

They are the same character in name only. We can use terms like "different interpretations", but in no way shape or form is Roger Moore the same character Timothy Dalton as much as George Lazenby is Sean Connery, nor the tone of the movies themselves.

Likewise this Lara resembles absolutely nothing with the original 90's version beyond details and aesthetics.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15947 Posts

Is Kratos in God of War a different character from God of War?

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AcidTango  Online
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

I would say D'Vorah from Mortal Kombat X. I hate this character a lot.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jaydan

@uninspiredcup: they all share the same name because they are the same character. They are all based on the creation of Ian Fleming. The error of continuity is something the movies clearly don't care about, and the movies are majorly self- contained adventures - they can get by this generational franchise by recasting the actors every so often and audiences for generations have accepted it - but different characters make them not because by name and adaptation, they're all 007.

Lara Croft, no matter what is said she is 'like' a different character; regardless, Tomb Raider reboots off the originals and regardless of Croft's adaptation, it's an adaptation nonetheless and it's by definition not a new character.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 uninspiredcup

@jaydan said:

@uninspiredcup: they all share the same name because they are the same character. They are all based on the creation of Ian Fleming.

They have very little to do with Ian Fleming's work by and large, in fact, he was retroactively influenced by the movies.

The only movie that very closely follow the books is OHMM and Casino Royal.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jaydan

@uninspiredcup: regardless they all based on the same character created by Ian Fleming. If we were to argue I'd say the generational recasting is more a continuity flaw that serves no significance other than Bond being a generation franchise.

I don't look at Batman as a different character every time they recast him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#48 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Death Stranding has several easy candidates for top spot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jaydan: As previously stated you can call it interpretation or whatever you please, at a fundamental level they are not the same character, it's effectively soft-reboots using the licence to appeal to a certain audience.

I would extend this to stuff like Star Trek, movie Picard is a completely different character from the show, that was effectively a soft-reboot before the 2009 pap and this new show, that should be cancelled.

We do generally think of "Bales batman", "Keaton batman" "Batfleck etc... as separate entities. Not one all encompassing Batman.

And i'm not against that when it's done right, for the most part the different Bonds have kept it relevant.

Lara Crofts change in character is not appealing to me at all.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Yah really don't need to play that dense.