Who said Halo 3 looks bad?

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="LOKI-RA"]killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?Rip870

Show me a Resistance screen that looks better then this beta shot.

Here you go. The pathetic thing is that Halo3 doesent look better then a first gen ps3 game

i played bot, and while i think resistance is great, HALO3 beta has FAAAAAR better textures 

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Please, play the beta first before you judge it. Halo 3 looks stunning...see for yourself:

(Bubble shield lol)

Well that's about it. I might add more...

Just a few things to keep in mind when looking at these pictures:

1: It's a beta

2: It looks MUCH better in motion (lighting is dynamic and textures are much sharper)

3: It's multiplayer

Enjoy.

MADVLAD123

Not to be an a$$ but those pics are not impressive at all, and they look like halo 2 pics. The game does look better and plays well but something that really worries me is will it bring anything new to the table. I know the game will sell well and all but just playing the beta and having the same match making system man, they need to change that. I think it will be fun but there alot more games right now that is stealing alot of halo's glory, such as crysis, uncharted drakes fortune, SC2, lost odyssey, mass effect, ff13, and many other titles. I just think, that the halo franchise is just becoming old news to people who love other games besides halo. I think it will be a great game but not as great as people were hoping it to be. Right now I am enjoying it but when I look at gears of war and compare halo 3 to it, halo 3 looks like rubbish side to side vs gears. I know it aint done yet but even uncharted drakes fortune beta puts halo 3 beta to shame and it doesnt even release till holiday seasons, so I dont think halo 3 will look that much better then what we see now, and it doesnt even come close to the trailer they first showed. I still will buy halo 3 but I will also be playing tons of other amazing games aswell.

WatsonC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 WatsonC
Member since 2003 • 1976 Posts

guys stop fighting .. i think its pretty obvious that they jsut took halo 2's engine and mod it with better lightning, texture, and water effect .. it was nothing revolutionary .. halo was a killer app cuz the graphic was amzing , pistol just fires awesome, but not halo 3 ...

lol yeah i just found out about beta and dled and played it ... i gotta say the graphic is not amazing... better than halo 2 , but thats it ... gameplay-wise its about the same as halo 2 .. match making, slayer, team , runbulpit. ... with more weapons

WatsonC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 WatsonC
Member since 2003 • 1976 Posts

Not to be an a$$ but those pics are not impressive at all, and they look like halo 2 pics. The game does look better and plays well but something that really worries me is will it bring anything new to the table. I know the game will sell well and all but just playing the beta and having the same match making system man, they need to change that. I think it will be fun but there alot more games right now that is stealing alot of halo's glory, such as crysis, uncharted drakes fortune, SC2, lost odyssey, mass effect, ff13, and many other titles. I just think, that the halo franchise is just becoming old news to people who love other games besides halo. I think it will be a great game but not as great as people were hoping it to be. Right now I am enjoying it but when I look at gears of war and compare halo 3 to it, halo 3 looks like rubbish side to side vs gears. I know it aint done yet but even uncharted drakes fortune beta puts halo 3 beta to shame and it doesnt even release till holiday seasons, so I dont think halo 3 will look that much better then what we see now, and it doesnt even come close to the trailer they first showed. I still will buy halo 3 but I will also be playing tons of other amazing games aswell.

squallff8_fan

like i siad its Halo 2 in 720P with slightly better texture, and effects ... sound is also good though, but other than that its pretty much halo 2 , keep in mind though its still beta

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

MADVLAD123

That explosion isn't sweet enough, best I've seen.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
Halo 3 seems a little too bright for my tastes, but fair do's it looks good and no doubt il be getting it, FPS JUNKIE!
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="LOKI-RA"]killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?Rip870

Show me a Resistance screen that looks better then this beta shot.

Here you go. The pathetic thing is that Halo3 doesent look better then a first gen ps3 game

Well you can make any game look amazing by taking a picture of your HD screen. So to be fair, let's add some images of Halo 3 from an HD screen.

AND now, by comparing THESE pictures, I would say Halo 3 looks better than resistance. But let's see what others say as well.

butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts

[QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]Halo 2 on pc looks better than halo 3 shame on bungie.Bansheesdie

Show me one H2V screen that looks better then this.

that screen is out of this world!

OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
i agree w/ TC. i was worried about the graphics wen i saw the screens, but wen the beta was released i was in awe at the furocity of the battles and the graphics are stunning in motion.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Lemmings... your losing your eye for great grafics, it doesn´t look bad, but it isn´t "stunning" as most of say it is, and resistance looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better the H3 judging by the pics in this thread open your eyes.
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts

RFOM (great game)

res1

res2

res3

res4

Halo 3 BETA

halo1

halo2

halo3

halo4

halo IMO

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MADVLAD123

Lemmings... your losing your eye for great grafics, it doesn´t look bad, but it isn´t "stunning" as most of say it is, and resistance looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better the H3 judging by the pics in this thread open your eyes.Eddie-Vedder

Well I'm not a lemming and I think Halo 3 looks better than Resistance. See Unlike you, I've actually played both of these games and I can come up with an unbiased opinion.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
Its just funny to see Half Life 2 looking nearly as good as Halo 3 and the game is 3 years old lol!
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Rip870

And I thought Gears had minimal colors. It is one of the better screens, but that Resistance shot is one of the better ones. The thing is that the Resistance shot is just so bland, there isn't that much going on. Its just a character looking at the sun with a bunch of buildings of the same color. The Halo 3 screen has reflections, many more colors, and the shapes and features are obscured by the bubble shield. 

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 nVidiaGaMer
Its not fair comparing a first generation launch game (Resistance) to a third generation Xbox 360 game (Halo 3) wait until Killzone 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4 come out.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Lemmings... your losing your eye for great grafics, it doesn´t look bad, but it isn´t "stunning" as most of say it is, and resistance looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better the H3 judging by the pics in this thread open your eyes.MADVLAD123

Well I'm not a lemming and I think Halo 3 looks better than Resistance. See Unlike you, I've actually played both of these games and I can come up with an unbiased opinion.

I never said I played both I stated "judging buy the pics in this thread",  those hd pics of both games resistance look much better, you guys have plenty of games on the 360 that look better then halo atm, I´m not saying it won´t look better at the end, Im talking about what I´ve seen in this thread, halo look good, that´s it it isn´t amazing accept it, I´m sure the gameplay is great, the grafics are not where they should be.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

i think you people in this thread have turned absolutley fuc**** moronic. NO other PS3 game has as good AI, NO other PS3 game has as good physics OR textures. and in the texture department they never will because of the 360s advantage IN textures. and NO Half-life two doesnt look good at ALL. you take a picture of a wall congrats. why dont you walk up to it and see how disgustingly low res it is.

and third resistance doesnt even come close. not in polys, AI , physics OR textures. so get off your pathetic high-horses and accept it. Fourth to the kids saying it looksl iek halo 2 and then posting your xbox live gamer tag to pretend like you have some sort of credibility, dont even bother. it doesnt look anything like halo 2 in ANY WAY shape or form. you are just a trolling fool.

are we done? i think so. damn trolls

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
oh and not to mention the 13 year olds that come in and then agree with one on your trolling posts going "yep yep yep, this is the truth" and giving you guys some sort of fuel to think you actually made a damn point.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Eddie-Vedder

i think you people in this thread have turned absolutley fuc**** moronic. NO other PS3 game has as good AI, NO other PS3 game has as good physics OR textures. and in the texture department they never will because of the 360s advantage IN textures. and NO Half-life two doesnt look good at ALL. you take a picture of a wall congrats. why dont you walk up to it and see how disgustingly low res it is.

and third resistance doesnt even come close. not in polys, AI , physics OR textures. so get off your pathetic high-horses and accept it. Fourth to the kids saying it looksl iek halo 2 and then posting your xbox live gamer tag to pretend like you have some sort of credibility, dont even bother. it doesnt look anything like halo 2 in ANY WAY shape or form. you are just a trolling fool.

are we done? i think so. damn trolls

A-LEGEND

yah man teh 360 is so much better at everything man it´s like totaly the best console ever made it´s beats the ps3 in everything like totaly... Give me a break. 

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 nVidiaGaMer
Assasins Creed will have better graphics but will it even be a good game?
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 nVidiaGaMer

Here it is:

BTW watch a video in real time and it looks so much better

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
GEOW looks 3x better than H3. And don't give me any "bububu teh art style!" BS.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MADVLAD123

Here it is:

BTW watch a video in real time and it looks so much better

nVidiaGaMer

Why are you talking about Assassin's Creed? We're talking about Halo 3. Attention Deficit Much?

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5LawLo_O

Actually, lower resolution shots usually look jaggier. 

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Bansheesdie

GEOW looks 3x better than H3. And don't give me any "bububu teh art style!" BS.Timstuff

Plain graphically yes, but there are things in Halo that dwarf Gears. Such as lighting.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
The funniest thing about the beta was that SW convinced me that it looked bad... But when I played the beta I knew I was very wrong. The game follows it's art style gracefully with many graphical upgrades.
Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 Killer2401
Member since 2006 • 3431 Posts
They people saying they wont play it because the graphics suck are just mad because they didn't buy a 360.
Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Hot_Potato

Every game has jaggies of some sort. Nothing can be done about them so just get use to them.

icy1007

16x AA FTW 

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Hot_Potato
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .HoldThePhone

Do you not know what a beta is? It's a stage in development. There's Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Pre-Beta, Beta, and then there's Gold (where the game is finished). Might wanna change that signiature before more people see it and laugh at you.

Bungie pretty much already confirmed that the Beta is what you are getting in the full version save for watever glitches need to be worked out (and new weapons, maps etc..) Graphics are pretty much final.

No they actually pretty much confirmed the Beta WON'T be a representation of the final graphics.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="icy1007"]

Every game has jaggies of some sort. Nothing can be done about them so just get use to them.

Hot_Potato

16x AA FTW 

What did HL2 run?

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .Hot_Potato

Do you not know what a beta is? It's a stage in development. There's Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Pre-Beta, Beta, and then there's Gold (where the game is finished). Might wanna change that signiature before more people see it and laugh at you.

Bungie pretty much already confirmed that the Beta is what you are getting in the full version save for watever glitches need to be worked out (and new weapons, maps etc..) Graphics are pretty much final.

No they actually pretty much confirmed the Beta WON'T be a representation of the final graphics.

Yeah they said that Vidoc we saw before and the Beta test won't be what the final game looks like. 

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
this reminds me of the GeOW downgrade thing for some reason. Maybe its because the people who played it claimed it looks great and the people who havent claim it looks like crap with no support
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
Jeff from Game head said it looks like a high rez Halo2.:(  link http://www.spiketv.com/index.html#shows/ss/scid=44/sid=5/t=ss    they play the beta in the Pirates Episode.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 nVidiaGaMer

One game that will be amazing is................................Bioshock here it is................................................terrifying
But now heres Crysis...

oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
looks beutiful
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 nVidiaGaMer
Woot Woot!
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nVidiaGaMer
Some more eye candy
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 MADVLAD123
nvidiagamer...is there a point to your spamming? We are talking about Halo 3. Please go to the Crysis forums and worship Crysis there.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 nVidiaGaMer
Halo 3 has some of the worst graphics I have ever seen... Its not eye candy... its just a money maker that will cause microsoft to profit millions if not billions of dollars from it come September.