Who makes the better game controllers

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EdenProxy
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Sony

Microsoft

Razer

Logitech

Nintendo

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I like logictech mice for my pc and and favorite controller is the 360 controller. Its one of the biggest reason the 360 is my console of choice.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Logitech = favorite KB/M. Using the Wave Pro which comes with the MX1100. Best mouse eva!

Nintendo = new favorite console controller because of Classic Controller Pro. so comfortable and light. Just wish it had a sort of rechargable batteries so I didn't have to attach it to the Wiimote

Sony = used to be favorite until I got a CCP. Favorite for gamepads on PC though. DS3 + Motioninjoy = happy RE4/5 gaming

Microsoft = hate their controller. Uncomfortable, especially the wireless. Wired one is still kewl though but I prefer the DS3 a lot more.

Razer = do not like. Their mice are too slim for me. I prefer Logitech's claw grip instead of the laid-out flat grip Razer has.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
Definitely Microsoft, the 360 controller is the closest thing to a perfect controller. The dualshock should have been replaced after the PS2 era, Sony are just lazy. Not to mention the dualshock 3 is flimsy, ive already cracked one controller which has never happened to me before. Not a fan of the wii mote.
dipsetboy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dipsetboy17
Member since 2009 • 647 Posts

that tried and true dualshock baby! anybody with me lol.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#6 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I like Logitech for my mouse (Razer ones are too light for my tastes, but I do love the Razer keyboards) and the 360 controller for my console gaming.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChubbyGuy40

Definitely Microsoft, the 360 controller is the closest thing to a perfect controller. The dualshock should have been replaced after the PS2 era, Sony are just lazy. Not to mention the dualshock 3 is flimsy, ive already cracked one controller which has never happened to me before. Not a fan of the wii mote.Anjunaddict

How does one crack/break a controller? I've thrown controllers against the wall (Problem? Computers cheat! :P ) but they never broke or even cracked.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I hate a razer mouse and it stopped working and I got mad and swung it around by the cord and hit my desk and it broke into peices. I hated that thing.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Microsoft. I love the 360 controller. And I use a sidewinder x4 with an microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0. Microsoft makes really good accessories imo.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Can't comment on the mice, I just use your typical mouse with my PC. But for console controllers, gotta go with the 360 for being the most ergonomically designed, with its optomized analog sticks, triggers, and face buttons. The d-pad is strike, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Logitech.. probably steelseries if you include all the PC people. I like the 360 controller alot though.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]Definitely Microsoft, the 360 controller is the closest thing to a perfect controller. The dualshock should have been replaced after the PS2 era, Sony are just lazy. Not to mention the dualshock 3 is flimsy, ive already cracked one controller which has never happened to me before. Not a fan of the wii mote.ChubbyGuy40

How does one crack/break a controller? I've thrown controllers against the wall (Problem? Computers cheat! :P ) but they never broke or even cracked.

I accidently dropped it, and a screw at the bottom of the grip cracked open, so now the case is open. I cant force it closed again because the screw is still lodged in there. Not a huge deal, the controller is still usable, but its annoying.
EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EdenProxy

Logitech = favorite KB/M. Using the Wave Pro which comes with the MX1100. Best mouse eva!

Nintendo = new favorite console controller because of Classic Controller Pro. so comfortable and light. Just wish it had a sort of rechargable batteries so I didn't have to attach it to the Wiimote

Sony = used to be favorite until I got a CCP. Favorite for gamepads on PC though. DS3 + Motioninjoy = happy RE4/5 gaming

Microsoft = hate their controller. Uncomfortable, especially the wireless. Wired one is still kewl though but I prefer the DS3 a lot more.

Razer = do not like. Their mice are too slim for me. I prefer Logitech's claw grip instead of the laid-out flat grip Razer has.

ChubbyGuy40

Ive been thinking of trying that but Im scared motionjoy will mess up my standard bluetooth drivers

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Logitech, they have always made great mice

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Logitech for kb/m

360 wired for controllers, ds3's uncomfy, think it's due for a redesign, however it's better component wise imo, since they don't have a clunky battery pack and all have a mini-usb and are wireless.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I have the MX518. But for console controllers, I like the PS3 the most.

GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

Logitech. I don't have a 360 but I have to say Microsoft makes the superior console controller this generation. The battery pack is annoying but it's better suited for human hands than a DS3. I hope Sony went back to the drawing board on that when development of #4 started.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Xbox controller is absolutely perfect. Its like it was designed to conform to my hand size. One of the main reasons I purchase my multiplats on the 360 unless the PS3 version is superior, which is rare.

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
Is this a serious question? MS hands down. I just bought the new razer onza 360 controller.. have been pumped for it for a year.. it's going on ebay, it's terrible compared to just a regular ole xbox controller.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]Definitely Microsoft, the 360 controller is the closest thing to a perfect controller. The dualshock should have been replaced after the PS2 era, Sony are just lazy. Not to mention the dualshock 3 is flimsy, ive already cracked one controller which has never happened to me before. Not a fan of the wii mote.Anjunaddict

I accidently dropped it, and a screw at the bottom of the grip cracked open, so now the case is open. I cant force it closed again because the screw is still lodged in there. Not a huge deal, the controller is still usable, but its annoying.

i threw my 360 troller almost breaking it in half and it still works lol

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

I like the DS3 the best out of the three console controllers (haven't tried classic controller pro though). The loose analog sticks help my aiming out. I want to try out the Razer Onza Tournament edition for 360 though since analog stick tension can be adjusted.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Is this a serious question? MS hands down. I just bought the new razer onza 360 controller.. have been pumped for it for a year.. it's going on ebay, it's terrible compared to just a regular ole xbox controller. fastr

Really? :( I actually had my eye on the Onza. It looks like an amazing design. What's so bad about?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't know why, but for some reason I dislike dual shoulder buttons. It feels too cluttered and it's difficult to get the right button (if the game involves using both L1 L2 & R1 R2. I think I'm in the minority, but that's how I feel.

EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EdenProxy

[QUOTE="fastr"]Is this a serious question? MS hands down. I just bought the new razer onza 360 controller.. have been pumped for it for a year.. it's going on ebay, it's terrible compared to just a regular ole xbox controller. AdobeArtist

Really? :( I actually had my eye on the Onza. It looks like an amazing design. What's so bad about?

Same, I was going to use if for PC games like super meat boy :o
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

The dualshock should have been replaced after the PS2 era, Sony are just lazy.Anjunaddict

No it definitely shouldn't have, it's a great design, and was one of my reasons for getting a PS3 first.

Don't fix what isn't broken is the saying. I will say they could fix the triggers to curve outwards though, other than that, keep it the same.

Same with the 360's, only reason MS changed design from the original Xbox was because it blew! the 360's controller is great as well. Just not the god-awful D-pad, other than that I wouldn't want them to change theirs either.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Wiimote/nunchuck>all

elm_street_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elm_street_kid
Member since 2003 • 1354 Posts
Between PS3 and 360, they are both flawed. 360 of course has that god awful D-pad which at this point is totally inexcusable almost 6 years in. Yes, the silver controller with transformer D-pad is nice, but that should be the standard instead of having to pay $60 just to get a controller that isn't basically broken. It would be so easy for them to change it... I just don't get it. Also, you still have to buy and charge kit or batteries unlike PS3's USB charging built-in. Then with the PS3, the rear triggers are badly shaped, the should be shaped like 360's so your fingers don't slip. I also hate how Sony's analog pads are convex.instead of concave like 360's. I don't understand Sony's thinking on that... It seems like common sense concave is appropriate. Luckily you can buy those rubber grips that fit over them. One thing I don't like about any analog pads is how loose they are. I wish they all had more resistance to them. So many games feel too sensitive and twitchy to me with the analog aiming/control... and not all games give you the option to change the sensitivity. So I think it's a draw. Both have flaws that would be easily fixed.
Fossil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fossil-
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
Like them all except for the 360 controller. I'm not sure how anyone can say it's perfect with the god awful Dpad it has. Dualshock could probably be given better grips and maybe adjust the triggers a little, but there's a reason it has changed very little since the PSX era.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="fastr"]Is this a serious question? MS hands down. I just bought the new razer onza 360 controller.. have been pumped for it for a year.. it's going on ebay, it's terrible compared to just a regular ole xbox controller. EdenProxy

Same, I was going to use if for PC games like super meat boy :o

well, the feel isn't as nice as holding a regular 360 controller in your hands. They have the extra button on each side up top, right by the shoulder button.. so having 2 shoulder buttons instead of one means they're much smaller, and when your use to hitting just one kinda screws with you) Of course those things you could get use to pretty easily.. but.. I was playing some gears 3 beta with it, using the hammerburst (you need to kinda mash the rt to fire faster) and I can't fire as fast. it's like the controller can't recognize too many button hits together. I found this with the A button as well, I had problems running and taking cover (all using the A button) where it felt like it just misses hits, where I never had a problem with the regular controller. That you can't get use to, thats just the controller holding you back. The buttons have very little give.. which in some cases is great, the lightest touch activate whatever your trying to do, but in like a racing game where the amount of pressure your putting on the rt is important, you have like no leeway. I did love the adjustable tense on the thumbsticks tho.. too bad really :(
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

The CIassic Controller Pro is far and away the most comfortable controller I've ever used. GCN controller a close second, 360 controller a little ways behind it.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

Still the best.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

EdenProxy

Ive been thinking of trying that but Im scared motionjoy will mess up my standard bluetooth drivers

It will override your current bluetooth drivers. I have a mini BT dongle that I have to use with my previous KB/M (Logitech MX5000, worst combo ever) since its BT dongle stopped working. I still had it plugged in when I got a new Wave Pro combo so I never had a problem. When I put the mini dongle and MX5000 on our family computer and installed Motioninjoy (and linking the controller with the BT adapter, which overrode the drivers,) it kicked the MX5000 off the BT dongle and took away any kind of connectivity options. The really awesome thing about it though is that you can swap out the drivers whenever you want. So you could enable it for PS3 wireless then disable it afterward to get your standard BT drivers back. You'd need another mouse that isn't BT to do that though. Might be able to use 2 BT adapters too, but not 100% about that.

You could also just use a USB cable and avoid connecting it wirelessly.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#33 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I like both the 360 and ps3 controller but I prefer the ps3 controller over the 360s.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChubbyGuy40

Still the best.

pills4louis

EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EdenProxy

[QUOTE="EdenProxy"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

It will override your current bluetooth drivers. I have a mini BT dongle that I have to use with my previous KB/M (Logitech MX5000, worst combo ever) since its BT dongle stopped working. I still had it plugged in when I got a new Wave Pro combo so I never had a problem. When I put the mini dongle and MX5000 on our family computer and installed Motioninjoy (and linking the controller with the BT adapter, which overrode the drivers,) it kicked the MX5000 off the BT dongle and took away any kind of connectivity options. The really awesome thing about it though is that you can swap out the drivers whenever you want. So you could enable it for PS3 wireless then disable it afterward to get your standard BT drivers back. You'd need another mouse that isn't BT to do that though. Might be able to use 2 BT adapters too, but not 100% about that.

Thats what Ive been thinking however Ive heard that motionjoy will still install bluetooth drives. I understand the need for controller drives but I really dont want the bluetooth drives to sneak in.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AmazonTreeBoa

Still the best.

pills4louis

This is what I use on my PC. It has 6 buttons on the front also.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="EdenProxy"]

EdenProxy

Thats what Ive been thinking whoever Ive heard that motionjoy will still install bluetooth drives. I understand the need for controller drives but I really dont want the bluetooth drives to sneak in.

On our family computer it works perfectly fine. My MX5000 still works and bluetooth options are still there. Just plug in the controller with the usb cable and it picks it up automatically. Sometimes you have to open up Motioninjoy and hit the enable button though.

You have to manually enable the bluetooth drivers. It installs them, but does not activate them unless you do. Theres a chance your BT dongle might not be compatible anyway but you'd have to have something really old.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChubbyGuy40

Saitek 6 button dual analog controller

AmazonTreeBoa

Omg I have one of those! First controller for PC that I bought.

Amount of success with getting it working until Windows 7? 1.05%

Until I got W7 it never, ever wanted to work. Which is very odd considering I got it back in 2004 I think. 2005 I got a wired 360 controller :D

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
I have the exact same mouse in the 2nd picture. M/kb>everything else.
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Gamecube > All.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#41 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Razer has some pretty good mice that I like such as the Naga,the Mamba and the Deathadder,and great keyboards such as the Lycosa,the Marauder and the Anasi,though I recently found that the Roccat Kone is in alot of ways better than any razer mouse I´ve ever used.

Logitech is great as well but not so much for mice to me,I prefer their keyboards.

As far as the controllers go,the 360 one is the best.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

Still the best.

ChubbyGuy40

Problem?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]

Saitek 6 button dual analog controller

ChubbyGuy40

Omg I have one of those! First controller for PC that I bought.

Amount of success with getting it working until Windows 7? 1.05%

Until I got W7 it never, ever wanted to work. Which is very odd considering I got it back in 2004 I think. 2005 I got a wired 360 controller :D

I am on Windows Vista and it has always worked fine for me. I also plan on getting a wired 360 controller.

Forza4Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Forza4Champion
Member since 2011 • 722 Posts
I like em all equally
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

definetly microsoft

Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

*sarcasm* Madcatz.*sarcasm*

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
The DualShock is the only gamepad that I can't stand. The placement of the analog sticks is awful IMO. I don't like the Wii classic controller for the same reason...
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Firebird-5
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts

logitech 4 sure

love my G19 + G9

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

The DualShock is the only gamepad that I can't stand. The placement of the analog sticks is awful IMO. I don't like the Wii classic controller for the same reason...22Toothpicks

Yeah I know what you mean. But atleast the clas-ssic controller is setup with the dpad in that positoin so it fits nicely with older games too. I would prefer a slightly awkward analog layout (when playing 3D games)compared to an awkward dpad layout (when playing 2D games). So I give the cla-ssic controller some points for this consideration for different generations of gaming.

Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

I feel like the DS3 was made for tiny hands and I don't care for the stick placement (although I've gotten used to it). On the flip side, whenever I play my 360 it's like taking a breath of fresh air and telling my hands I love them. I definitely prefer the 360 controller-- the design fits my hands perfectly.