Which system has the worst online community? 360, PC, PS3 or Wii?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 The__MCP
Member since 2007 • 757 Posts

I think PS3 and Wii don't win this infamous distinction only because they're so new to the game, but maybe you have experienced otherwise.

I have experienced some pretty awful PC online communities, but I think the ease of kicks and banning built into most PC games, software like Punkbuster, and not as many voice chats as the consoles (still a lot who only communicate through text), have saved it from becoming as awful as.....

On either Xbox 1 or 360.... I don't think I've ever played against so many little kids who won't shut up, potheads who get into the stupidest online verbal arguments, or loud braggarts who suck as I have most Xbox Live enabled games. Handing out headsets like candy to anyone who can utter a syllable or two doesn't help much either.

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts
The WC3 DotA community is really awful for most parts... closely followed by XBOX Live
SaltyZoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SaltyZoidberg
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
xbox live definetly, so many whiny little 10 year old kids...
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
yes the community can be down right horrible on xbox live, heres the arguments youll most likely get in this thread, "with millions of people of course there will be a few **** "the only reason why psn doesnt have a bad online community is because no one has mics" "i dont know what your talking about ive been playing live for years and have never encountered anyone that i found to be annoying" those are the type of things that people will say to you
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
the xbox 360 community is excellent, there are always alot of players on any game you want to play online, not all people are idiots, iv made alot of friends through halo 3 team slayer and double team, its always good to put the little loud mouths in thier place, iv been told one to go and talk to tony blair?? (whatever that means, and all i hear is " oooh mummy tea and crumpets" which is hilarious!!!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

XBL has alot of *****, but it also is home to many funny, cool gamers as well.

And well, that is what the mute function was made for on XBL.

I have not played any online enabled Wii games nor any PS3 games yet, although I will be getting more online games for the PS3 soon. As for the Wii games, I will most likely only play Brawl with friends, so I doubt I will experience the community at large.

That said, IMO, the worst community is the hardcore players on Tom Clancy games, as I get booted from game after game in the lobby because I am not at a high enough rank/etc.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The__MCP

the xbox 360 community is excellent, there are always alot of players on any game you want to play online, not all people are idiots, iv made alot of friends through halo 3 team slayer and double team, its always good to put the little loud mouths in thier place, iv been told one to go and talk to tony blair?? (whatever that means, and all i hear is " oooh mummy tea and crumpets" which is hilarious!!!scottiescott238

Little British kids have to be the most annoying headset players in existence.

"What ya gonna do today mate?" "Oh, I reckon wrestle, chum."

"Dooodley, why were you not at the scrum?" "Me mum bans me from the computer, mate."

:?

VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts
I don't know even you can consider some of them a community. In a large community where everyone can vocally participate, I would imagine you would fine more A holes then the others.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Xboxlive Sometimes I have to turn off my Microphone because some person is listening to Music and we tell him to turn it off and then they never listen so I just turn off my microphone and un-plug it.
The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The__MCP

XBL has alot of *****, but it also is home to many funny, cool gamers as well.

And well, that is what the mute function was made for on XBL.

I have not played any online enabled Wii games nor any PS3 games yet, although I will be getting more online games for the PS3 soon. As for the Wii games, I will most likely only play Brawl with friends, so I doubt I will experience the community at large.

That said, IMO, the worst community is the hardcore players on Tom Clancy games, as I get booted from game after game in the lobby because I am not at a high enough rank/etc.

SpruceCaboose

I haven't played many Tom Clancy games lately but I remember when Rainbow Six was first becoming a big online event on the PC (before Xbox Live really picked up), it had a lot of hardcore Asian players who didn't know much English, and you had to learn their emoticon text style, or suffer the ban.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

[QUOTE="scottiescott238"]the xbox 360 community is excellent, there are always alot of players on any game you want to play online, not all people are idiots, iv made alot of friends through halo 3 team slayer and double team, its always good to put the little loud mouths in thier place, iv been told one to go and talk to tony blair?? (whatever that means, and all i hear is " oooh mummy tea and crumpets" which is hilarious!!!The__MCP

"Dooodley, why were you not at the scrum?" "Me mum bans me from the computer, mate."

i think you are one of teh american kids who think its funny to constantly say "tea and crumpets"

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="scottiescott238"]the xbox 360 community is excellent, there are always alot of players on any game you want to play online, not all people are idiots, iv made alot of friends through halo 3 team slayer and double team, its always good to put the little loud mouths in thier place, iv been told one to go and talk to tony blair?? (whatever that means, and all i hear is " oooh mummy tea and crumpets" which is hilarious!!!The__MCP

I prefer English players to most of my American (USA) compatriots. By a huge margin. In almost every way.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The__MCP

Xboxlive Sometimes I have to turn off my Microphone because some person is listening to Music and we tell him to turn it off and then they never listen so I just turn off my microphone and un-plug it.Nintendo_Ownes7

The only music that I find entertaining is when some guy has a cheesy song he plays when someone does something stupid. Usually near the end of the match when everyone is watching. I was playing Counter-Strike last week and some dude kept playing this song http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4465042678765443236 when only newbie campers were left in the match and we all had to impatiently wait for it to finally end. Got annoying after a while, but cracked me up the first few times. :D

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts

I've only played Xbox Live back when i had a 360,it had quite a few whiny kids indeed,and thats from NOT playing popular games at that.

Can't comment on PC,Wii and PS3 though,since i've never played online on those 3 systems.

rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts
xbox live all the way all you here is a little kids screaming into the mic.
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts

i was playing xbox live last night when someone said "suck my pube-less willy"

just thought i would share that with everyone :P

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The__MCP
[QUOTE="The__MCP"]

[QUOTE="scottiescott238"]the xbox 360 community is excellent, there are always alot of players on any game you want to play online, not all people are idiots, iv made alot of friends through halo 3 team slayer and double team, its always good to put the little loud mouths in thier place, iv been told one to go and talk to tony blair?? (whatever that means, and all i hear is " oooh mummy tea and crumpets" which is hilarious!!!SpruceCaboose

I prefer English players to most of my American (USA) compatriots. By a huge margin. In almost every way.

I'm not dogging the English, only the English who haven't experienced a voice change. 8)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose

i was playing xbox live last when and someone said "suck my pube-less willy"

pro-nathan-07

Sorry...I couldn't control my anger... :P

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
Xbox Live is probably the worst statistically. There are more people and you are more likely to find little kids and buttholes. On the contrary, Xbox Live is also the best. Some of the funniest and most awesome people are on Xbox Live.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
I hate XBL...if I wanted to be annoyed by a bunch of 13 - 16 year olds I'd hang out with my sister and her friends...
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
Every time I'm in a game with someone from the UK on XBL, he gets harassed by the American players. It sucks, lol.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
The XBL community is horrible. I also remeber the PS2's Socom 2 community of really being bad.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I have yet to understand why MS has not done anything to mod some of the people using LIVE. If they want to appeal to families then they need to set up a system to start getting after some of the the users.

When my son wants to play I don't even allow him to use the headset but still stuff comes though the TV.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts
xbox live by a mile.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
You know with Fox getting after MS about Mass Effect. I would have expect something to be said about the remarks on LIVE. I have been expecting a news story to come out. Something like "Do you know what your kid is saying" or something like that
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
360, hands down. I've never been exposed to so many moronic 12-year olds in one place, though it does, of course, have its fair share of mature gamers.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I generally don't come across kids on Live. It's mostly adults. I would say Wii has the worst judging from what I hear the community is almost nonexistent.
jetpropilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jetpropilot
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

xbox live

it's like a jungle of foul-mouthed 12 year olds

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
xbox live is the worst, followed by counter strike
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
xbox live by far....so many racists and little kids. I have the best experiences on the PC...maybe because lack of mic usage
Dreams0fChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dreams0fChaos
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

pro-nathan-07
WTF? :|:lol::lol: i never heard that before, ive heard "do you like **** in your mouth?"
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts
[QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

Dreams0fChaos
WTF? :|:lol::lol: i never heard that before, ive heard "do you like **** in your mouth?"

lol kids these days :P
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
I'd put CSS up there to, especially on zombie mod servers, though not as bad.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
imo psn, boring, ppl aren't competitive enough and when they are they are asses about it. On psn you have lil to no body...not really just an exaggeration, but i mean like there is only the ppl that compliment each other or the ones that complain all the time or the huge d****s, thats why i like xbl...seem like stero typing yeah, but its so impersonel on psn, xbl seems like it has more ppl with character and with pc, pc wins easy, it has the browser to have website and clans and then all the games and guilds and etc.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I have my issues with every single one; Live: Lots of frat boys or otherwise making animal noises and generally being a pain. PSN: Bunch of non-competitive people who compliment you way too much. Makes you feel violated. Wii: ? What? Online community? For what game? PC: For the most part, I haven't raelly had as many problems here, primarly due to the idiot blocks the other platforms don't have.
The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The__MCP

xbox live is the worst, followed by counter strikemistervengeance

I wondered if I was the only one who immediately thinks of Counter-Strike when thinking of worst PC online community. :P

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Wii: ? What? Online community? For what game?.Vandalvideo

My thoughts exactly.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

I'd put CSS up there to, especially on zombie mod servers, though not as bad.Spartan8907

Yeah, I usually have to mute a bunch of people when I play on zombie servers. The game is so fun though.

evilbanshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 evilbanshee
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

I'd put CSS up there to, especially on zombie mod servers, though not as bad.Spartan8907

Yes, zombie mod is one of the most annoying ever, although I don't know how it compares to Xbox Live. For some reason, that's where you'll find the little kids. I'm guessing regular CS:S is too hardcore for them.

Punjabiking101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Punjabiking101
Member since 2008 • 1577 Posts
wii then xbox then ps3 and computer is the best i would say (not fanboy own 360)
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

I have yet to understand why MS has not done anything to mod some of the people using LIVE. If they want to appeal to families then they need to set up a system to start getting after some of the the users.

When my son wants to play I don't even allow him to use the headset but still stuff comes though the TV.

HarlockJC

You can turn off the voice chat coming through your tv.

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
The wii online community, seeing as the wii doesnt have that much of an online setup
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

360: A large amount of little 10 year old kids screaming "Hannah Montana is hot". Thats pretty self-explanatory and yes this has happened on CoD4 twice in one day.

PS3: Everyone is a little too friendly. They compliment you on every little thing and then want to send you a friend request after 2 minutes of talking to you.

Wii: Online Community doesn't exist.

PC: I have no opinion here because the games I do play online not much talking (or typing).

NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
all the consoles online communitys combined dont make up one percent of the total PC online community.
the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts
XbL but I like it more then PC because nearly every single player has a mike which helps finding enemys but for the comunity itself Pc>>>>>XBL. Only played PSN a few times so I won't judge.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
It sure is easy to point fingers and make sweeping generalizations isn't it.
skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

"Xbox Live is probably the worst statistically. There are more people and you are more likely to find little kids and buttholes. On the contrary, Xbox Live is also the best. Some of the funniest and most awesome people are on Xbox Live."

Yeah, Live's got the monopoly on those people. /sarcasm.

Are people really saying the friendly, open atmosphere on PSN is a bad thing? Keep paying for online, chums - apparently we want nothing to do with each other.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Does wii even have Online Multiplayer?
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts

for PC it really depends on the game, but most of the time when you're playing tf2, cod4, crysis, sins of a solar empire, theres plenty of mature people. the PC hands down has the best community out there for many of its games.

xbox live it doesnt matter what the hell the game is, i always encounter kids with the worst vocabulary in the world.

PSN isnt too bad, i run into idiots in Burnout with music constantly blaring out of their mics, but for the most part, some nice people on PSN who gladly add you as a friend after a game.

wii i dont know.

alot of pc gamers dont welcome Multiplatform games, which is understandable, but there is one advantage to having say..cod4 on consoles and on PC. all the kids stay on the consoles while all the mature people play on PC.

it may sound like gross generalisation, but seriously, that's the case.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
mute is your friend.