Which system has best competitive online MP exclusives this gen?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

This generation

360:

• Halo
  • Forza
  • Gears
  • PGR

PS3:

• Killzone
  • Resistance
  • Uncharted
  • Gran Turismo
  • Modnation Racers
  • Wipeout
  • MAG
  • SOCOM
  • Warhawk
  • MGS online

Wii:

• Mario Kart
  • Smash Bro's
  • Goldeneye
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Red Steel
  • Conduit

PC:

• Starcraft 2
  • Crysis
  • League Of Legends
  • HON
  • WOW
  • MOH Heroes
  • Quake Live

I can't think of them all so you'll need to throw in your own choices. This is NOT about the online services and features offered by the system, just the exclusive games.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
PC>>>PS3>360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wii
DCSullyvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DCSullyvan
Member since 2011 • 320 Posts

Toy Soldiers? What's that?

I'd give it to.... PS3... barely though. Halo would've won it for me, but GeoW isnt enough to beat UC2, KZ2, and Mod Nation Racers.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
PS3 has online?
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

PC > PS3 > 360 > other

lender74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lender74
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

Competitive gaming on PC is far bigger than it is on consoles.

BTW you forgot gaming like League of legends, HON and WOW for your PC list

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well Wii has Smash Brothers so...

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Crysis is not a competitive game. Counter Strike is an e-sport. Not to mention things before CS like Quake.

ADD: Herehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_sports

Among all the games listed up there, Xbox has Halo and PS2 has fighter games. The first Halo torunament was hosted in July 2010, the first PS2 tournaments were hosted earlier, and the first PC torunaments were hosted way back in the 90's. PC e-sport tournaments are still prevalent even today.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
counter strike isnt exclusive tho or else it would def have to be on that list
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
o ya SOCOM should be on the ps3 list, thats serious business to some people
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhoX

counter strike isnt exclusive tho or else it would def have to be on that listTH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Heh, the console version of CS is a joke. People only compete on the PC version of CS, with good reasons, ergo it's an exclusive when it comes to exclusive competitive MP experience. You won't ever experience what PC gamers experience in CS playing it on console.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

The PC list is miles longer than the console lists combined and most of the console versions of multiplats are hollow shells of their superior, truebred PC counterpart.

That being said, competetive MP has degenerated into a disease.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tomarlyn

Toy Soldiers? What's that?

I'd give it to.... PS3... barely though. Halo would've won it for me, but GeoW isnt enough to beat UC2, KZ2, and Mod Nation Racers.

DCSullyvan

I just couldn't think of anymore, I like Toy Soldiers too :P

Its on XBLA, its like a real life box of toy soldiers to command.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

The PC. It's not even a contest.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tomarlyn

Crysis is not a competitive game. Counter Strike is an e-sport. Not to mention things before CS like Quake.

Among all the games listed up there, Xbox has Halo and PS2 has fighter games. The first Halo torunament was hosted in July 2010, the first PS2 tournaments were hosted earlier, and the first PC torunaments were hosted way back in the 90's. PC e-sport tournaments are still prevalent even today.

GhoX
I don't think CSS was released in this gen's timeframe though. I do think CSS oozes skill though.
FPSDad1161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FPSDad1161
Member since 2011 • 814 Posts

360 hands down. Nothing can compete with Halo and Gears in terms of exclusive MP games.

Boris_Lion_SLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Boris_Lion_SLO
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

Halo and gears of war for me.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tomarlyn

lender74
Updated What on earth is HON?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
the correct answer is the PC
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
There's a game that is timeless on PC, something that will be more competitive than anything consoles release - and that's Counterstrike.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
There's a game that is timeless on PC, something that will be more competitive than anything consoles release - and that's Counterstrike.Merex760
And here I thought you were going to say Quake III or StarCraft. :(
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GhoX
[QUOTE="GhoX"]

tomarlyn
I don't think CSS was released in this gen's timeframe though. I do think CSS oozes skill though.

Release date is irrelevant when it comes to competitive MP games in the league of e-sport. I'm also not talking about Counter Strike Source. CSS is a very competitive game, but 1.6 is an e-sport.
DCSullyvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DCSullyvan
Member since 2011 • 320 Posts

Oops, did'nt see the PC list, thought this was consoles only. PC has every competitive genre on it, of course it wins.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="GhoX"]

GhoX

Release date is irrelevant when it comes to competitive MP games in the league of e-sport. I'm also not talking about Counter Strike Source. CSS is a very competitive game, but 1.6 is an e-sport.

This thread isn't about e-sports, its specifically about competitive online MP games released this generation. Since late 2005.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]counter strike isnt exclusive tho or else it would def have to be on that listGhoX

Heh, the console version of CS is a joke. People only compete on the PC version of CS, with good reasons, ergo it's an exclusive when it comes to exclusive competitive MP experience. You won't ever experience what PC gamers experience in CS playing it on console.

lol i knew youd say something like this. i never said the console experiance is the same as the pc. but it aint exclusive thats all there is too it
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GhoX
[QUOTE="Merex760"]There's a game that is timeless on PC, something that will be more competitive than anything consoles release - and that's Counterstrike.tomarlyn
I think its last gen though, I said this gen.

If it's still being competed for actual prizes even nowadays, then I'd say the game is justified to be considered one which survives through multiple generations. You don't see Gears of War being competed for money.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="Merex760"]There's a game that is timeless on PC, something that will be more competitive than anything consoles release - and that's Counterstrike.GhoX

If it's still being competed for actual prizes even nowadays, then I'd say the game is justified to be considered one which survives through multiple generations. You don't see Gears of War being competed for money.

type in gears tournament win money on google theres tons lol basically every somewhat popular game has had a tournamnet at one point where theres money involved
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="Merex760"]There's a game that is timeless on PC, something that will be more competitive than anything consoles release - and that's Counterstrike.GhoX

Look I have respect for e-sports and all that but thats not the question. People still play the NES but that generation is over, money doesn't make a difference.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GhoX
[QUOTE="GhoX"]

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]counter strike isnt exclusive tho or else it would def have to be on that listTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

lol i knew youd say something like this. i never said the console experiance is the same as the pc. but it aint exclusive thats all there is too it

It is an exclusive for the purpose of this thread since only the PC version is considered an e-sport. If the console version is also considered an e-sport, and if there are professional gamers (not just self-proclaimed "pros") who can play Counter Strike on console for money, then I would retract my statement. Besides, even on PC the definition of an e-sport is very restrictive. Only Counter Strike 1.6 is considered a true e-sport. Even Counter Strike Source is considered minor next to 1.6, not to mention the console version of CS.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lawlessx
[QUOTE="GhoX"]

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]counter strike isnt exclusive tho or else it would def have to be on that listTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

neither is team fortress 2,but to even begin to care the PC version to the console versions is ridiculous.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="GhoX"] Heh, the console version of CS is a joke. People only compete on the PC version of CS, with good reasons, ergo it's an exclusive when it comes to exclusive competitive MP experience. You won't ever experience what PC gamers experience in CS playing it on console.

lawlessx

neither is team fortress 2,but to even begin to care the PC version to the console versions is ridiculous.

but its not exclusive?? lol wats ur point

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GhoX

[QUOTE="GhoX"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"] I think its last gen though, I said this gen.TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

type in gears tournament win money on google theres tons lol basically every somewhat popular game has had a tournamnet at one point where theres money involved

You mean something like this? http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=675704

5 pounds is a lot. =/

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="GhoX"] If it's still being competed for actual prizes even nowadays, then I'd say the game is justified to be considered one which survives through multiple generations. You don't see Gears of War being competed for money.GhoX

You mean something like this? http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=675704 5 pounds is a lot. =/

lol see ur wrong there is gears tournaments with money, did you really find the smallest prize one? try 1500$$ http://www.ebash.com/ForumFrameset.asp#http://www.ebash.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=5337
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"] lol i knew youd say something like this. i never said the console experiance is the same as the pc. but it aint exclusive thats all there is too itTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

but its not exclusive?? lol wats ur point

I guess it really depends at what point you consider a game the same. I wouldn't say TF2 on PC is the same game as it is on Consoles. There's been numerous sequels this gen that have added less than TF2 updates have done. Also PC has the single largest cash pots in SC2. SF4 I think has the next largest pots and it's on nearly all systems.
FPSDad1161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FPSDad1161
Member since 2011 • 814 Posts
[QUOTE="Merex760"]There's a game that is timeless on PC, something that will be more competitive than anything consoles release - and that's Counterstrike.DarkLink77
And here I thought you were going to say Quake III or StarCraft. :(

Actually back when I used to PC game before jumping exclusively to console gaming when the original Xbox came out, I enjoyed Quake III and UT more than I ever did CS. Don't get me wrong CS is a good game, but I never understood all the praise it gets. It just didn't play that great in my opinion and I stuck with Quake and UT all the way.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GhoX

[QUOTE="GhoX"][QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"] type in gears tournament win money on google theres tons lol basically every somewhat popular game has had a tournamnet at one point where theres money involvedTH1Sx1SxSPARTA
You mean something like this? http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=675704 5 pounds is a lot. =/

lol see ur wrong there is gears tournaments with money, did you really find the smallest prize one? try 1500$$

Your link does not work.

lender74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lender74
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="lender74"]

tomarlyn
Updated What on earth is HON?

heroes of newerth
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="GhoX"] You mean something like this? http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=675704 5 pounds is a lot. =/GhoX

lol see ur wrong there is gears tournaments with money, did you really find the smallest prize one? try 1500$$

Your link does not work.

just copy and paste it into the url http://www.ebash.com/ForumFrameset.asp#http://www.ebash.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=5337
MacGyver2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MacGyver2188
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts
360 by a land slide, Halo 3 is one of the best console fps's ever !
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="GhoX"][QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"] type in gears tournament win money on google theres tons lol basically every somewhat popular game has had a tournamnet at one point where theres money involvedTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

lol see ur wrong there is gears tournaments with money, did you really find the smallest prize one? try 1500$$ http://www.ebash.com/ForumFrameset.asp#http://www.ebash.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=5337

Dang that's slightly more than an Arcana hearts 3 pot that was on 2 weekends back. Truly a huge tournament.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GhoX
That link still doesn't work for me. Maybe it has something to do with country. Nonetheless, a prize of only 1,500 is small. Here is the thing though, what makes a tournament a tournament is that it also brings recognition. You can have a soccer match in some primary school and nobody would care, yet for the same sport you can have the World Cup. Most console competitive MP do not have organised and frequent tournaments. There may be one-off or extremely occassional events where prize money is available, and the ones with bigger prizes tend to be funded by the developer/publisher of the said game as an attempt to boost its popularity. Such events are different from organised tournaments which allow gamers to compete professionally because those games are recognised as e-sports, and those gamers are recognised as professionals. For example: You may be the best Halo/GeoW player in the world. You tell people about it, and they may say: "huh, that's cool I guess." Now a top Starcraft gamer may walk the streets of Seoul, and people will start asking for autographs and taking photos.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
That link still doesn't work for me. Maybe it has something to do with country. Nonetheless, a prize of only 1,500 is small. Here is the thing though, what makes a tournament a tournament is that it also brings recognition. You can have a soccer match in some primary school and nobody would care, yet for the same sport you can have the World Cup. Most console competitive MP do not have organised and frequent tournaments. There may be one-off or extremely occassional events where prize money is available, and the ones with bigger prizes tend to be funded by the developer/publisher of the said game as an attempt to boost its popularity. Such events are different from organised tournaments which allow gamers to compete professionally because those games are recognised as e-sports, and those gamers are recognised as professionals. For example: You may be the best Halo/GeoW player in the world. You tell people about it, and they may say: "huh, that's cool I guess." Now a top Starcraft gamer may walk the streets of Seoul, and people will start asking for autographs and taking photos.GhoX
wat r u blabbin about. u simply said theres no gears tournaments where u win money, and there is. done an done
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GhoX

wat r u blabbin about. u simply said theres no gears tournaments where u win money, and there is. done an doneTH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Here is a proper tournament for you. It's not some cheap shot created to promote the games, but to promote the gamers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cyber_Games

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

DarkLink77

This, also where is TF2 on that list? The console version is a joke, to get the true experience you need to play it on pc.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tomarlyn
Wow I thought sheep would have given the Wii at least one vote for Smash.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"] wat r u blabbin about. u simply said theres no gears tournaments where u win money, and there is. done an doneGhoX

Here is a proper tournament for you. It's not some cheap shot created to promote the games, but to promote the gamers:

and you can still win money at gears tournaments lol iv known about e sports for a long time your not showing me anything new haha
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lawlessx

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Former_Slacker

This, also where is TF2 on that list? The console version is a joke, to get the true experience you need to play it on pc.

apparently because the console versions exist it doesn't count
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Your title mentioned "competitive" games, and yet the game lists you chose are full of random games that shouldn't be there.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GhoX

[QUOTE="GhoX"]

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"] wat r u blabbin about. u simply said theres no gears tournaments where u win money, and there is. done an doneTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

and you can still win money at gears tournaments lol iv known about e sports for a long time your not showing me anything new haha

For how long? It's the world's largest tournament, as such they gave many games a single try. Hell, they even gave CnC3 a try. Of course, they realised that those games are not tournament material after one year, just like CSS and CS Condition Zero.

The only games which have stayed in the tournament and been known for years as e-sport on that chart were Unreal Tournament, Starcraft 1, CS/CS1.6 and Warcraft 3.