Which is the better game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Which is the better game? (16 votes)

Titanfall 63%
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare 38%

Which double-jump FPS is superior?

I own both for the Xbox One.

Each one has their strengths and their weaknesses but overall I would say I prefer Advanced Warfare. The FPS mechanics are just a bit tighter and more fine tuned. I also like the low-health game modes like Hardcore Search and Destroy which Titanfall has no equivalent. And there is no way to alter health which I have enjoyed doing since Perfect Dark released. Advanced Warfare has terrible spawn points though.

I will say though I love Titanfall and it was hard to make the decision. The double-jump mechanics are better in Titanfall though since you can climb way higher as the maps are much bigger and their are just more places to climb. The mechanics of the "Titan" are enough to justify its existence as is has contributed to the genre. I also think Titanfall is the superior game visually. I appreciate the game for it's passion but the limited guns hinder it.

And you?

• 
Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#1 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

Titanfall by far. Advanced Warfare was a bit of an improvement over the last four to five years of CoD games, but it still suffers from many of the problems of the CoD formula. Not to mention the movement is very restrictive and the map size is still too small. On the other hand, Titanfall has a lot of freedom of movement and a lot more variety to its gameplay. I also felt that Titanfall's movement system was better than AW's. AW felt kind of awkward, but that was probably partly because of its restrictive maps.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Titanfall was more satisfying to play. The movement is all around better in Titanfall, you can gain momentum quicker, and the maps themselves are brilliantly designed to showcase what makes Titanfall so enjoyable. Advanced Warfare is just more content in rich in terms of game modes, but it isn't nearly as satisfying to play. The limited guns also frankly helped the games cause as each gun actually came off more useful and reasonable for a playstyle. AW's guns feel like filler at times, and in general the toned down crazy aspects of Titanfall are why that game is fun in the first place. Not that it is supremely balanced (the smart pistol his horse shit), but it's far more balanced than that shit they did with MW2 and later CoD games.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Call of Duty wins by default because it actually has a campaign.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Titanfall

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

CoD easily. Titanfail is too barebones and not worth my time. Single player will always beat multiplayer.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

As sad as i am to say it, cod is better, my friends and i got bored of "teh titanfall" two weeks after release.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Titanfall by far. The freedom the movement gives you in amazing. Its like CoD on speed. CoD had more guns but none of them were very fun to use. Plus, Titanfall makes CoD feel so fucking slow by comparison

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Titanfall by far. The freedom the movement gives you in amazing. Its like CoD on speed. CoD had more guns but none of them were very fun to use. Plus, Titanfall makes CoD feel so fucking slow by comparison

Truth...May not agree with you on Kanye haha but you hit the nail on the head right there. Titanfall by a mile. Hell, I'd say Titanfall was/still is the best NEW IP multiplayer game to come out in years.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Both are great and Titanfall surely introduced the concept recently but I like AW more