Which in your opinion is the biggest disappointment or flop of the gen so far?

• 188 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Tom Clancy : The Division was literally good for about 2 hours before it turned into "bullet sponge online : grindfest edition."

Edit : BTW I loved Watchdogs.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#152  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I'd have to go with the Wii U as a whole...bad sales, below average first party lineup, and minimal third party support.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#153 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

@zassimick: you didn't like shadow of mordor?oh,c'mon the bosses were challenging,it had good gameplay and the nemesis system was great,story was cool.The only disappointment imo was the ending boss.

Shadow of mordor...good gameplay... go home you are drunk.

Loading Video...

I feel like that video is a little harsh, fighting a mob of easy enemies is too easy... ok. The combat is fun but I wouldn't say its super difficult. And it is easy to manipulate and I think its supposed to be easy. Its difficult once you start taking on harder enemies in swarms. because its not fun to slam the space bar for 30 mins to kill 30 enemies so you'll have to engage them or run.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@Blabadon said:

@casharmy: you mean like this?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/at-this-point-is-there-any-reason-to-own-an-xbox-o-32960754/

riggity rekt

Freaking OWNED.

of course he won't reply.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

@zassimick: you didn't like shadow of mordor?oh,c'mon the bosses were challenging,it had good gameplay and the nemesis system was great,story was cool.The only disappointment imo was the ending boss.

Loading Video...

I feel like that video is a little harsh, fighting a mob of easy enemies is too easy... ok. The combat is fun but I wouldn't say its super difficult. And it is easy to manipulate and I think its supposed to be easy. Its difficult once you start taking on harder enemies in swarms. because its not fun to slam the space bar for 30 mins to kill 30 enemies so you'll have to engage them or run.

Nahh, the entire game is a joke, especially the last bossfight, which is basically just a quick time event.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 waahahah

@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

Loading Video...

Nahh, the entire game is a joke, especially the last bossfight, which is basically just a quick time event.

No, its a fun game, Its not really combat about timing though, even though most people might think it because it feels so good if you time it right. Its just not a super challenging game.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 thepclovingguy

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

Loading Video...

No, its a fun game, Its not really combat about timing though, even though most people might think it because it feels so good if you time it right. Its just not a super challenging game.

its no fun when the game plays itself most of the time, I am better off watching a good movie.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 waahahah

@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Loading Video...

its no fun when the game plays itself most of the time, I am better off watching a good movie.

but it doesn't play it self, the smaller enemies pose no challenge, and ramming the space bar is also not playing. You can survive indefinitely on the hardest difficult of ninja gaiden remake if all you do is dodge. But you don't progress at all.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By thepclovingguy

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:

but it doesn't play it self, the smaller enemies pose no challenge, and ramming the space bar is also not playing. You can survive indefinitely on the hardest difficult of ninja gaiden remake if all you do is dodge. But you don't progress at all.

Even tougher enemies are a joke, the game consist mostly of just pressing a few button with no consideration of anything. Death and failure are things you don't need to worry about in the game and if you die then it only happens when you **** around and simply get tired of this crap. All those, special op abilities makes this game a living joke. Overall, its a casual hack and slash, made for the below average consumer in mind.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 waahahah

@thepclovingguy said:

Even tougher enemies are a joke, the game consist mostly of just pressing a few button with no consideration of anything. Death and failure are things you don't need to worry about in the game and if you die then it only happens when you **** around and simply get tired of this crap. All those, special op abilities makes this game a living joke. Overall, its a casual hack and slash, made for the below average consumer in mind.

There is no game you have to worry about death or failure unless they specifically have an iron man mode, or terrible mechanics like in fallout 4 survival with molotovs. And the game will punish you if you stop paying attention and get into a button mash stylee, especially later in the game. The enemies get more aggressive and more varied with the types of attacks. Playing mindlessly can and will get you killed. Ninja Gaiden for instance has a similar issue stated in the video, the ability to cancel attacks yet it was considered one of the hardest games on xbox.

The video and you're explanations as to why the game is brain dead isn't backed up by real evidence. It consists of only pressing a few buttons? So does dark souls, which requires a good idea of when to sprint, attack, blcok.... The only real problem with the game is how much life you have. You're a friggen tank so you can afford a lot of stupid mistakes.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By thepclovingguy

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

There is no game you have to worry about death or failure unless they specifically have an iron man mode, or terrible mechanics like in fallout 4 survival with molotovs. And the game will punish you if you stop paying attention and get into a button mash stylee, especially later in the game. The enemies get more aggressive and more varied with the types of attacks. Playing mindlessly can and will get you killed. Ninja Gaiden for instance has a similar issue stated in the video, the ability to cancel attacks yet it was considered one of the hardest games on xbox.

The video and you're explanations as to why the game is brain dead isn't backed up by real evidence. It consists of only pressing a few buttons? So does dark souls, which requires a good idea of when to sprint, attack, blcok.... The only real problem with the game is how much life you have. You're a friggen tank so you can afford a lot of stupid mistakes.

Well in dark souls, you actually have to pay attention and don't automatically dodge nor block an attack from every fucking direction. The game isn't slightly challenging which makes it incredibly to boring to play. I can't force myself to play the dlcs after I experienced the main game. Life isn't a problem if you barely get hit anywhere. I can be on low health and I still wont die, the only thing capable of actually killing are those spear throwers. The combat in this game is just as garbage as in assassins creed.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By waahahah

@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Well in dark souls, you actually have to pay attention and don't automatically dodge nor block an attack from every fucking direction. The game isn't slightly challenging which makes it incredibly to boring to play. I can't force myself to play the dlcs after I experienced the main game. Life isn't a problem if you barely get hit anywhere. I can be on low health and I still wont die, the only thing capable of actually killing are those spear throwers. The combat in this game is just as garbage as in assassins creed.

Well you're still missing the Ninja Gaiden comparisons, which he also had an omni directional block. Again the mechanics you're complaining about aren't the problem. It has really good combat, they just don't put the player under the gun enough.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#163 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41571 Posts

Super Smash Bros. 4 by FAR.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 thepclovingguy

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Well you're still missing the Ninja Gaiden comparisons, which he also had an omni directional block. Again the mechanics you're complaining about aren't the problem. It has really good combat, they just don't put the player under the gun enough.

Well, we simply have to agree to disagree then, the combat mechanics are garbage, getting an instant block by just pushing a single button without consideration of time and direction is just ridiculous, just as ridiculous as being immune to damage by jumping around like a maniac. Well, at least we agree on that the game isn't challenging enough.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#165 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts

People should learn what a flop is.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#166 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9591 Posts

BF1 no question. I don't care if it isn't out yet. That "beta" told me all I needed to know....

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#167 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6105 Posts

The Division.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

Rut row raggy...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-being-investigated-over-misleading-adv/1100-6443994/

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Rut row raggy...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-being-investigated-over-misleading-adv/1100-6443994/

Nothing will happen, you know it.

Would of if it wasn't for that meddling current gen 8 console leader PS4

awwww yeahhhhhhh

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Rut row raggy...

Nothing will happen, you know it.

Would of if it wasn't for that meddling current gen 8 console leader PS4

awwww yeahhhhhhh

Huh, I figured you're one of them bringing the lawsuit you filthy super lem in a cowhide. lol Yeah baby, Yeah !! :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

NMS is by far the worst flop since it promissed you stuff it never delivered. In many other cases at least the dev didn't lie and promised you stuff that weren't in the game

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#172 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@nathanbats said:

@jg4xchamp: I hated that it was Jason Todd,I mean I like him but make it anyone else not freaking Jason todd!soo generic and they ruined his story!they had the chance to make a new charchter and people would have liked him so much that comic writers would put him in comics just like Harley Quinn,shame.also,it didn't capture the tone of batman,when you talk about batman you don't say tanks.

You're banking on this character being good enough to make the jump into the DC universe because of Harley Quinn?

Allow me to say "Sin Tzu". Created for a game and he went NOWHERE. For every Harley Quinn success story, there are more failures. I understood why it was Todd, and why alterations had to be made. There would be no mystery if they had shown a Red Hood. Now many of us comic fans kinda knew who the Knight was but I had little issue with it or the game.

All these complaints about too much batmobile and such. I didn't use the batmobile as much as my grappling hook and glide so it did not bother me to get in the car sometimes. I think Arkham Knight gets unnecessary hate. But you know how it is. The hate are just opinions like my enjoyment of the game is.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By cainetao11

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

Loading Video...

I don't understand why a game's combat must be uber difficult to execute in order to be entertaining and enjoyable. I liked my time with Souls games but sometimes I want an Arkham or Shadow of Mordor experience. What is up with having to always prove something with your gaming entertainment?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#174  Edited By PAL360  Online
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Destiny.

It doesn't make sense that the experienced gained from making Halo CE and Halo 3 (two of the best games of all time), took Bungie to make something as limited and boring as that game!

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 thepclovingguy

@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

Loading Video...

I don't understand why a game's combat must be uber difficult to execute in order to be entertaining and enjoyable. I liked my time with Souls games but sometimes I want an Arkham or Shadow of Mordor experience. What is up with having to always prove something with your gaming entertainment?

It doesn't have to be extremely difficult like dark souls, but neither should it be too easy. It doesn't even feel like I am executing all those cool moves, the game mostly plays itself, all I am doing is press a single button from time to time.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 cainetao11

@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@nathanbats said:

Loading Video...

It doesn't have to be extremely difficult like dark souls, but neither should it be too easy. It doesn't even feel like I am executing all those cool moves, the game mostly plays itself, all I am doing is press a single button from time to time.

You play it on KB/M? Because I cant pull off that flipping with a single button press on a controller. It isn't super hard to do but you cant make a video with just your chin pressing the A button and get that result. And a it was said before, why would anyone do that? I never ran into swarms of enemies with the intention of flipping a round for a while. That game does get more challenging as it progresses with a horde of those easy guys and a couple of Nemesis and archers off to the flank.

I get it. Exaggeration equals comedic effect. I don't decide what a game's difficulty should be, the developers do. I decide to buy the one's I hope to be entertained by. That guy in the video is a cry baby with nobody to blame but himself for not doing his homework on what to buy.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By thepclovingguy

@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Loading Video...

You play it on KB/M? Because I cant pull off that flipping with a single button press on a controller. It isn't super hard to do but you cant make a video with just your chin pressing the A button and get that result. And a it was said before, why would anyone do that? I never ran into swarms of enemies with the intention of flipping a round for a while. That game does get more challenging as it progresses with a horde of those easy guys and a couple of Nemesis and archers off to the flank.

I get it. Exaggeration equals comedic effect. I don't decide what a game's difficulty should be, the developers do. I decide to buy the one's I hope to be entertained by. That guy in the video is a cry baby with nobody to blame but himself for not doing his homework on what to buy.

I used mouse and keyboard to begin, but switched to controller later on since in my opinion those games are meant to be played with controller. However, the game didn't become anymore difficult because of that, most enemies are really easy to dispatch, especially with all those op abilities you get later on in the game. Also, the guy isn't a cry baby, he is just pointing out the truth. Also, if ubisoft wants to produce dumb games they should stick to mobile gaming. Games should be somewhat challenge while offering gameplay that doesn't feel like I am playing a telltales game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 cainetao11

@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:

I used mouse and keyboard to begin, but switched to controller later on since in my opinion those games are meant to be played with controller. However, the game didn't become anymore difficult because of that, most enemies are really easy to dispatch, especially with all those op abilities you get later on in the game. Also, the guy isn't a cry baby, he is just pointing out the truth. Also, if ubisoft wants to produce dumb games they should stick to mobile gaming. Games should be somewhat challenge while offering gameplay that doesn't feel like I am playing a telltales game.

There is no further discussion here dude. The game got more challenging for me. You are better at video games than me I guess. I liken it to being a light weight drinker. While some consider it a weakness, those light weights don't have to spend much to get that nice buzz. I get to enjoy the challenge easier than people better than me at games. Works for me. LOL

And the guy is a cry baby. He isn't pointing out a truth. A truth is something we all must accept. Like, if a person submerges there head in water and attempts to inhale, the begin to drown.

He, like you must be better at games than me and others. That doesn't equate to this game being easy is the truth. Its true for you and him, but it wasn't for me. The truth isn't subjective. This topic is.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 thepclovingguy

@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:

There is no further discussion here dude. The game got more challenging for me. You are better at video games than me I guess. I liken it to being a light weight drinker. While some consider it a weakness, those light weights don't have to spend much to get that nice buzz. I get to enjoy the challenge easier than people better than me at games. Works for me. LOL

And the guy is a cry baby. He isn't pointing out a truth. A truth is something we all must accept. Like, if a person submerges there head in water and attempts to inhale, the begin to drown.

He, like you must be better at games than me and others. That doesn't equate to this game being easy is the truth. Its true for you and him, but it wasn't for me. The truth isn't subjective. This topic is.

This game like most assassins creed games suffer all from the same problem enemies only attack you in turns, you wont see an entire group of enemies attacking you all at once, they just stand there while you perform an attack or kill animation. This is the biggest reason why I dislike the combat system. In many other games enemies usually gang up on you if you are surrounded and this has nothing to do with being good or bad. The combat system simply sucks.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By cainetao11

@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:

This game like most assassins creed games suffer all from the same problem enemies only attack you in turns, you wont see an entire group of enemies attacking you all at once, they just stand there while you perform an attack or kill animation. This is the biggest reason why I dislike the combat system. In many other games enemies usually gang up on you if you are surrounded and this has nothing to do with being good or bad. The combat system simply sucks.

Okeydokey. Your assessment of the game's drawbacks still don't prove it to be a fact because some people like Assassins creed games and the way they play. Not me, but some people. Like I said there is nothing to discuss here. You cant make an opinion on subjective entertainment into a fact. You think the system sucks, I did not. Neither of us are wrong for our preferences because neither is an objective truth.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By thepclovingguy

@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Okeydokey. Your assessment of the game's drawbacks still don't prove it to be a fact because some people like Assassins creed games and the way they play. Not me, but some people. Like I said there is nothing to discuss here. You cant make an opinion on subjective entertainment into a fact. You think the system sucks, I did not. Neither of us are wrong for our preferences because neither is an objective truth.

Maybe, its not garbage, but its far to simplistic compared to many other games.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 waahahah

@thepclovingguy said:

You clearly don't understand the mechanics at all. Calling it simplistic and "dumb" is wrong.

It's not simplistic when you consider it has more variation in melee mechanics than something like darksouls. Dark Souls is a very simplistic combat, you have a single combo, a heavy attack, you can block, you can dodge. Enemies attacking you all at once are also not a fun challenge, its one of the reasons dark souls 2 is considered inferior when they moved to more gang styled mob pulls. It doesn't allow for intelligently approaching a situation or skill full combat when you have an orgy of swinging swords in front of you. It turns the combat into a slog trying to run around in a circle picking one enemy off at a time. Where something like dark souls shines is in the overall strategy for building a character, and the fact that combat is less forgiving so it requires attention or the game will punish you.

Even Ninja Gaiden, the original has many mechanics you are complaining about, you can block anywhere, cancel strikes, dodge indefinitely. You won't get far in the game though dodging indefinitely just like you won't get far in Shadow of Mordor. I think the only real issue with Shadow of mordor is enemies could be slightly more aggressive, and a bit more punishing. Thats it. It allows you the luxury of playing badly but it still allows you to play well and that's where it really shines.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By thepclovingguy

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

You clearly don't understand the mechanics at all. Calling it simplistic and "dumb" is wrong.

It's not simplistic when you consider it has more variation in melee mechanics than something like darksouls. Dark Souls is a very simplistic combat, you have a single combo, a heavy attack, you can block, you can dodge. Enemies attacking you all at once are also not a fun challenge, its one of the reasons dark souls 2 is considered inferior when they moved to more gang styled mob pulls. It doesn't allow for intelligently approaching a situation or skill full combat when you have an orgy of swinging swords in front of you. It turns the combat into a slog trying to run around in a circle picking one enemy off at a time. Where something like dark souls shines is in the overall strategy for building a character, and the fact that combat is less forgiving so it requires attention or the game will punish you.

Even Ninja Gaiden, the original has many mechanics you are complaining about, you can block anywhere, cancel strikes, dodge indefinitely. You won't get far in the game though dodging indefinitely just like you won't get far in Shadow of Mordor. I think the only real issue with Shadow of mordor is enemies could be slightly more aggressive, and a bit more punishing. Thats it. It allows you the luxury of playing badly but it still allows you to play well and that's where it really shines.

Again, you are talking nonsense. Fancy abilities are not going to make the game more advanced if the core combat is already too shallow. In games like dark souls you can not allow yourself to be swarmed ike in shadow of mordor or assassins creed, you will have to think strategically. While in this game you simply run up to a horde of enemy and easily kill them one after one with no problem whatsoever since the ai is incapable of attacking you all at once. They just stand there like idiot until you have finish your fancy killanimation or whatever. Being able to block and dodge no matter the condition is just stupid.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Hardware Wise = Wii U

Software Wise = Alot of games like The order , No mans sky etc

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By waahahah

@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Again, you are talking nonsense. Fancy abilities are not going to make the game more advanced if the core combat is already too shallow. In games like dark souls you can not allow yourself to be swarmed ike in shadow of mordor or assassins creed, you will have to think strategically. While in this game you simply run up to a horde of enemy and easily kill them one after one with no problem whatsoever since the ai is incapable of attacking you all at once. They just stand there like idiot until you have finish your fancy killanimation or whatever. Being able to block and dodge no matter the condition is just stupid.

Your misinterpreting easy forgiving gameplay with bad mechanics. Shadows of mordor has good mechanics for attacking large groups of enemies. Something like dark souls explicitly DOES NOT. The only strategy to combat you need to consider is not accidentally pulling too many enemies. There are differences is preparation that again goes into the over all gameplay for dark souls and not directly combat. Certain weapons make the game a lot easier to play... The combat itself is quantifiably more shallow than shadows of mordor. You don't have as many attacks, you don't have as much maneuverability, you don't have as many options. The combat itself generally boils down to wait for an enemy to attack and then try to attack while he's recovering. Dark Souls has shallow combat but the games enemy positions, map layout, and punishes mistakes is the reason why its generally so good. And its why dark souls 2 is seen as inferior since the enemy positions and map layout were bad and the combat suffered whenever the game forced you to pull too many enemies. It literally stopped being tactical at that point. Shadows of mordor actually has complexity and tactical choices you can make in combat, the problem is is you generally don't need to exploit them to win on a regular basis.

Also kill animations are in dark souls, you back stab (or riposte) someone and you're invulnerable for the duration... You clearly don't understand the difference between good mechanics and fun gameplay and punishing gameplay vs easy gameplay.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 thepclovingguy

@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@waahahah said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Your misinterpreting easy forgiving gameplay with bad mechanics. Shadows of mordor has good mechanics for attacking large groups of enemies. Something like dark souls explicitly DOES NOT. The only strategy to combat you need to consider is not accidentally pulling too many enemies. There are differences is preparation that again goes into the over all gameplay for dark souls and not directly combat. Certain weapons make the game a lot easier to play... The combat itself is quantifiably more shallow than shadows of mordor. You don't have as many attacks, you don't have as much maneuverability, you don't have as many options. The combat itself generally boils down to wait for an enemy to attack and then try to attack while he's recovering. Dark Souls has shallow combat but the games enemy positions, map layout, and punishes mistakes is the reason why its generally so good. And its why dark souls 2 is seen as inferior since the enemy positions and map layout were bad and the combat suffered whenever the game forced you to pull too many enemies. It literally stopped being tactical at that point. Shadows of mordor actually has complexity and tactical choices you can make in combat, the problem is is you generally don't need to exploit them to win on a regular basis.

Also kill animations are in dark souls, you back stab (or riposte) someone and you're invulnerable for the duration... You clearly don't understand the difference between good mechanics and fun gameplay and punishing gameplay vs easy gameplay.

Again, I repeat, cheap combat abilities like an ultimate that gives you a bunch of free kill doesn't make the gameplay anymore advanced. Secondly, attacking a group of enemy doesn't matter much in shadow of mordor as enemies are incapable of attacking you at the same time. While in dark souls you have to rely on strategy rather than running around like a complete noob and instant blocking and dodging every attack like you do in shadow of mordor. I can't believe I am having this ridiculous discussion. Its just beyond me how someone can claim that shadow of mordor has a better combat system than dark souls. Those op abilities in shadow of mordor wont hide the fact that the core gameplay is incredibly shallow. I take quality over quantity anytime. Where is Mbirdy88 when you need him?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1c32e0b8cc8
deactivated-5c1c32e0b8cc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 deactivated-5c1c32e0b8cc8
Member since 2014 • 1258 Posts

This whole generation has practically been a flop for me. We started off with consoles so outdated that we're already getting new ones. The game selection mainly consists of crap sequels, remasters of games I've already played for hours and hours that I don't wanna play again, and little indie titles that are mostly garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#188 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Zen_Light: I have played The Order and guess what? Surprise! I actually enjoyed it! Go figure