Which game do you think is more hyped and going to sell more SSBB or MGS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

i mean come now super smash bro brawl may very well be a good game

but mgs 4 is going to be perfect on all levels

to be honest if eel like smash bro series has been very niche amongst even the n64/cube owners

not many friends i knew who had those consoles even owned the smash bro. series where as people everywhere i talk to say they loved metal gear series an know its just gaming blyss

i feel like smash is super hyped an it will be one of those games that scores really good an gets triple a from critics but not many buy it

whereas i know for a fact mgs4 is going to blowout sales charts for the ps3 an be in super high demand

im sure brawl will be a good game but not nearly s many ppl like that kinda stuff as they love metal gear 4 imo which really pushes next gen stuff on all levels an finishes snakes story

thats just my opinion so i voted for mgs4

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've had way more fun with SSB than any MGS game!
Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts
MGS is being hyped to no end by Cows, and it seems there is no end to how far they can push back the release date.
jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

to be honest if eel like smash bro series has been very niche amongst even the n64/cube owners

not many friends i knew who had those consoles even owned the smash bro. series where as people everywhere i talk to say they loved metal gear series an know its just gaming blyss

i feel like smash is super hyped an it will be one of those games that scores really good an gets triple a from critics but not many buy it

whereas i know for a fact mgs4 is going to blowout sales charts for the ps3 an be in super high demand

im sure brawl will be a good game but not nearly s many ppl like that kinda stuff as they love metal gear 4 imo which really pushes next gen stuff on all levels an finishes snakes story

ProtossRushX

Yeah, Smash Brothers was that one niche title for the N64 and Gamecube. You know, the one that practically everyone that owned the system owned. Kinda like that game for the XBox that was super niche. What was it... Halo maybe? Anyways, they were both totally niche. Never mind that, Super Smash Brothers sells like hotcakes, and everyone who owns the console almost invariably ends up buying it.

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts

Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've had way more fun with SSB than any MGS game!Relys

That doesn't mean SSBB will sell more copies than MGS4.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
SSBB will sell more obviously. MGS4 is being hyped more, at least on the inernet.
k-diddy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 k-diddy66
Member since 2006 • 4242 Posts
Spore anyone?i can either see this going two ways:either flopping immensley and selling well or getting game of the year awards accross all publications and selling well like the sims.Smash bros is selling in a genre which should have been liquidated before the millenium but ninty wont stop beating that dead horse
Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts

ProtossRushX

Best selling game on the Gamecube: Super Smash Brothers Melee (6 million)

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

MGS is being hyped to no end by Cows, and it seems there is no end to how far they can push back the release date. Mythbuster4ever

Yeah your right, its being hyped like mad from cows but thats because they have nothing else to hype about :P

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Relys

[QUOTE="Relys"]Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've had way more fun with SSB than any MGS game!ball_of_air

Yeah, it really does. All my friends will be getting it too!

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

ProtossRushX
...Are you serious? :|
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Well, MGS4 is obviously way more hyped cause alot is riding on the game, and it simply looks awesome. But in terms of wats gonna sell more, its unclear cause there are more Wii owners having SSBM as a primary game to buy while PS3 owners are just waiting for the game that will make it right for the console. In my view MGS4 will sell more cause every PS3 owner wants it and its a good system seller as well.
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

[QUOTE="Relys"]Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've had way more fun with SSB than any MGS game!ball_of_air

um, it will though.

the last MGS only sold 3.5 million on the ps2's massive userbase. smash bros melee sold more than that in america ALONE, on a userbase 1/5 of the size.

honestly, people overestimate how big MGS is. for god sakes mario party 8 will probably end up selling more than mgs4.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

SSBB will sell more obviously. MGS4 is being hyped more, at least on the inernet. nintendofreak_2

dont u think that konami and hideo kojima's team are putting like 1000 times more effort into mgs4 then nintendo is with smash

just look at the graphics look at the story voice acting plot look at how much gameplay there is prolly 40 hours of gameplay thats somethin brawl is not gonna have i mean fightin games are good but come on man mgs4 theres whole studio an teams of ppl workin on it i dont feel that comin from brawl im sorry i dont

i feel like mgs4 is like super block buster an brawl is like prolly on the level of normal action movie

like its just i dont understand nintendo philsophy anymore

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Relys

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]SSBB will sell more obviously. MGS4 is being hyped more, at least on the inernet. ProtossRushX

dont u think that konami and hideo kojima's team are putting like 1000 times more effort into mgs4 then nintendo is with smash

just look at the graphics look at the story voice acting plot look at how much gameplay there is prolly 40 hours of gameplay thats somethin brawl is not gonna have i mean fightin games are good but come on man mgs4 theres whole studio an teams of ppl workin on it i dont feel that comin from brawl im sorry i dont

i feel like mgs4 is like super block buster an brawl is like prolly on the level of normal action movie

Have you ever played a Smash Bros game? I've ranked up 100's of hours, having a blast with my friends on the last two games. SSBB could last me my WHOLE LIFE.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]SSBB will sell more obviously. MGS4 is being hyped more, at least on the inernet. ProtossRushX

1000 Times more effert? :lol: :lol:

Konami don't have a website with updates every day of the week...

Cows, get your facts right before you claim things :|

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
well looking at mgs3 sales and the base of the ps2. I'm going to say SSBB will sell more.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendofreak_2

ProtossRushX
Both games are recieving a mass amount of effort from their creators. I couldn't say which team is more dedicated though.
The graphics thing is due to hardware, not the developers. There is no way a Wii game will look like MGS4. :? Brawl is going to have much more than 40 hours of gameplay, I can gaurentee that. Brawl also has the majority of HAL working on it, and is funded by Nintendo, meaning they can basically get almost anything they need for development if needed.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
SSBB obviously
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
SSBB for sure!  
I can say that just by looking at the install base
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ---OkeyDokey---

:| have you been following SSBB?

the game possibly has more content than any other game in existence. the production values are incredibly high, it has a fully orchestrated soundtrack from nearly 50 of the most famous videogame composers ever (including the guys who do the music for mgs) 40 hours of gameplay in brawl :lol: even if that was true, thats probably twice as much gameplayas mgs4 will have (btw SSBB will have hundreds of hours of gameplay)

you obviously don't have a clue what your talking about.

Gimli524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gimli524
Member since 2004 • 1527 Posts

40 hours is pathetic. I racked up over 100 on melee in like a year or two. Still play it to this day, even though I don't own it.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

is this a joke?

MGS4 is on a failing console and doesnt sell well. SSBB is on a successful console and sells very well

it's not rocket science

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts

It's a toss-up, SSBB obviously has something like double the installed base if not more, but MGS4 would definitely be the better-selling game were all things equal.

I'd say probably SSBB.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

ProtossRushX

blatant ignorance discredits your entire post.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendofreak_2

It's a toss-up, SSBB obviously has something like double the installed base if not more, but MGS4 would definitely be the better-selling game were all things equal.

I'd say probably SSBB.

OremLK
Well I wouldn't say MGS4 would outsell Brawl with equal install basses. Melee outsold MGS2 and we all know the difference between the PS2 and GC install base were very large.
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ---OkeyDokey---

I'd say probably SSBB.

OremLK

where do people get this stuff. smash bros melee sold more than MGS2 and MGS3 did, and on userbase 1/5th the size :|

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

Alright guys, truely unbiased opinion here. I LOVE MGS, and I like SSB:B.

No doubt in my mind that almost everyone who owns a Wii will go out and buy SSB on or near the release date. No doubt in my mind.

I believe that more people will buy that game than the amount of people who own PS3's combined. Especially in Japan, flop or not, SSB:B is gonna sell HUGE.

Now, I which would I rather play? MGS, by a lot, lol. However, no way it'll even come close to SSB, it's just not possible.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

where do people get this stuff. smash bros melee sold more than MGS2 and MGS3 did, and on userbase 1/5th the size :|

---OkeyDokey---

just stupidity i guess

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
[QUOTE="OremLK"]

I'd say probably SSBB.

---OkeyDokey---

Didn't know that.

Nevermind then, SSBB all the way.

wraigth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wraigth
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
i dunno what to vote for because MGS is more hyped, but SSBB is going to sell more:?
alia999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 alia999
Member since 2005 • 1353 Posts
oh yeah SSBB was 'niche'. especially when it sold nearly 7 million, and the gc had sold, how many? 25 million? so every one in 3-4 GC owners had SSBM, including me. i think ssbb will sell more simply due to the substantially higher install base on the wii then on the ps3.
adastos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 adastos
Member since 2007 • 465 Posts
SSBB will easily out sell MGS4 mainly because there is more WII than PS3 owners
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

ProtossRushX

There hasn't been a GREAT MGS since the 1st one.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

SSBB will easily out sell MGS4 mainly because there is more WII than PS3 ownersadastos

SSBB will outsell MGS4 because SSB is more popular than MGS.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

No question Super Smash Bros. Brawl will sell more... probably way more.
I'd say MGS4 is hyped more though.

B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#38 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
MGS4 is hyped more, but SSBB is going to sell better
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

1. but mgs 4 is going to be perfect on all levels
  2. to be honest if eel like smash bro series has been very niche amongst even the n64/cube owners
  3. whereas i know for a fact mgs4 is going to blowout sales charts for the ps3 an be in super high demand

ProtossRushX

Further cementing your case as most irritable poster of the week lol.

1. No game is perfect on all levels.
  2. A game that sells as much as Smash isn't niche.
  3. Your opinion isn't fact.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Casualfied button mash'n game for the popular Wii vs. a game /w a storyline that's been continued since the 90's that only fans won't be entirely confused by.

There's no need for debate.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
As much as I love both, SSMB will..
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

ProtossRushX

You are aware that Super Smash Brothers Melee was the best selling game for the gamecube right?

Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
SSBB gets more sales but MGS4 is a WAY better game.
Knuckleball93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Knuckleball93
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

ssbb will, it has a good install base and appeals to both hardcore and !!!TeH Casuals!!! MGS4 will probably be a great game , but it doesnthave the luxury of having a huge install base, and i really dont see it being a system seller

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
SSBB will easily sell more games.
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
SSBB will sell more BY FAR.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts
ssbb will sell more, mgs4 will be better.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
SSBB gets more sales but MGS4 is a WAY better game.Sony_92
Is a better game? They're both out and you've played the two of them?
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I think MGS4 is more hyped but SSBB will sell more
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
SSBB will sell more obviously. MGS4 is being hyped more, at least on the inernet. nintendofreak_2
Very well said, very true. Haven't cows learned not to hype their games lol.