Which Assassin's Creed to Pick??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 knuckle
Member since 2002 • 110 Posts

According to the Gamespot review of Assassin's Creed, "PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash." I'm leaning towards the PS3 version but can't decide which version I should go with. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only other issue I can think that might be a factor in favor of the 360 is the Live features and Achievment Points but I don't know if that should be a compelling enough reason.

Any opinions?

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
From what I've heard, the framerate issue is really miniscule but the color and contrast is much better in the 360 version, you can check out GameTrailers' comparison for more on that. It really comes down to which controller you prefer, whether you want achievements, if you want to be still connected to the LIVE experiance, get the 360 one, if not, get the PS3 version.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

The one with the most missions, oh wait they both have FOUR missions, five if you want to count the actual assassination of the boss targets.

Wait for this "AAA" to hit the bargain bin, it won't be long.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Wait for the PC version
flaa2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flaa2000
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts

The one with the most missions, oh wait they both have FOUR missions, five if you want to count the actual assassination of the boss targets.

Riverwolf007

What he said. This game is a waste of money at $60!
mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

flaa2000

What he said. This game is a waste of money at $60!

I disagree, and to TC get the 360 version... less bugs and achievements actually make getting the flags/templars somewhat worthwhile.
billyforde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 billyforde
Member since 2005 • 596 Posts
Watch this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html And then get the version you think looks best. There are no frame rate issues in this game (360) that I have noticed, and if I don't notice them they don't exist.
philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts

Both versions are great, I completed the PS3 version (not 100% though... wouldn't know where to start looking for all my missing flags! So I am glad I don't feel under 'achievement' pressure to actually get them all :)

I enjoyed the story a lot.... it lasted just the right amount of time for me and now I am ready to play my next game COD4 :)

mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mastarifla

Both versions are great, I completed the PS3 version (not 100% though... wouldn't know where to start looking for all my missing flags! So I am glad I don't feel under 'achievement' pressure to actually get them all :)

I enjoyed the story a lot.... it lasted just the right amount of time for me and now I am ready to play my next game COD4 :)

philhilluk
Achievement pressure ftw in Sandbox games!
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
A guy from ubisoft said the gamespot review was wrong, the PS3 version has slightly worse framerate.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Plus the PS3 version crashes often it seems.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts
Played it. I think the game suck, so it does not really matter which one you get you may find yourself equally unimpressed in the long run.
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
get the 360 one, i have encountered no glitches and slowdowns on 360 on my entire playthrough but i have heard that the ps3 version freezes. also, you get achievements with the 360 version
mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mastarifla
Played it. I think the game suck, so it does not really matter which one you get you may find yourself equally unimpressed in the long run.mojito1988
Did you get past the 5th assassination? It kinda gets better after that...