Which 3 publisher conference you are looking forward to most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

Here we are not discussing 3 big that are microsoft, nintendo and sony but we are discussing 3 publishers conference that is going to held on E3.

the EA, Ubisoft and bethesda.

out of those which one you are looking forward to most?

for me its bethesda. i dont like them as developers. i found fallout and elder scrolls boring so dont care about them but they are best publishers atm.

Id software may announce Doom 2 or Rage 2. but Rage 2 has more chance since its too early for Doom 2. but they may throw a teaser for year just like they do with Doom. Rage was technically mess and and has great potential that ruined. Rage 2 will learn alot from Doom 2016.

on Ubisoft side. they are 100% guarentee they will announce new Splinter cell. and if it back to roots i would be interested otherwise not. they may announce new prince of persia since its been on hiatus after that 2008 cartoony easy game.

EA conference will suck as always. yearly DICE shooter, DLC, microtransactions, need for speed, some half games, sports, sports. thats what it will be about

so anyways which one you are looking to? Discuss

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Finally we can agree on something. Don't like Bethesda as a developer, but they are one hell of a publisher :)

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Manticored
Member since 2017 • 217 Posts

I'm looking for Capcom to dip into some older IP and try to reinvigorate something, I hope it happens.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Finally we can agree on something. Don't like Bethesda as a developer, but they are one hell of a publisher :)

They will announce wolfenstein new closus and I hope it will be more like RTCW than new order but that is impossible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Even though Ubisoft are absolutely shits of the highest possible level, they do at least come out of (in concept) interesting games and bizarre (usually disastrous) attempts at entertainment.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

Even though Ubisoft are absolutely shits of the highest possible level, they do at least come out of (in concept) interesting games and bizarre (usually disastrous) attempts at entertainment.

All their games are sold on unreal hype and overblown graphics trailers these days.

People said Ubisoft has fallen but they are back at it now, to me they just keep falling lower and lower.

For Honor = overhyped crap

Ghost Recon Wildlands, The Division = sold on graphics, rinse and repeat mission structure we've seen in so many Ubisoft games now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

They will announce wolfenstein new closus and I hope it will be more like RTCW than new order but that is impossible.

The gunplay in the previous Wolfensteins was ace. I finished those games twice now and will do so again.

Taking that minigun turret off its socket and walking around with it is one of my favourite gaming moments of the gen.

Just wrecking havoc with it

All I need is a proper Multiplayer component akin to RTCW or Enemy Territory. Wolfenstein The New Order was a love letter to Wolf3D, I hope the next one is a love letter to RTCW :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

All their games are sold on unreal hype and overblown graphics trailers these days.

People said Ubisoft has fallen but they are back at it now, to me they just keep falling lower and lower.

For Honor = overhyped crap

Ghost Recon Wildlands, The Division = sold on graphics, rinse and repeat mission structure we've seen in so many Ubisoft games now.

To be clear, not implying they are good.

But For Honor, in concept is interesting. That ski-game last year, although it probably sucks ass, looked interesting.

EA will come out, bla bla bla bla sport, bla bla bla bla Bioware, bla bla bla. Like watching Satan attempt to mimic a human.

Ubisoft are probably going to come out with some lame ass Splinter Cell open world game aping Metal Gear Solid and Far Cry, Would surprise nobody.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Bethesda & Ubisoft are the main ones.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

But For Honor, in concept is interesting. That ski-game last year, although it probably sucks ass, looked interesting.

EA will come out, bla bla bla bla sport, bla bla bla bla Bioware, bla bla bla. Like watching Satan attempt to mimic a human.

Ubisoft are probably going to come out with some lame ass Splinter Cell open world game aping Metal Gear Solid and Far Cry, Would surprise nobody.

So we can agree that Bethesda is the most interesting of the three ?

Yeah all their games are good in concept: Watch_Dogs, Steep, For Honor, Wildlands, The Division, all of those have amazing concepts, brilliant world designs... and let down by mediocre gameplay and Ubisoftitis (filling your open world with crap and repeating that crap until crap comes out of the players ears)

I'm looking forward to seeing EA's Visceral Star Wars Game. Maybe they'll announce Respawn is working on Republic Commando 2 ? :D

Perhaps the next Assassin's Creed will interest me too, I'm a sucker for historical settings.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

I am looking forward to the direct, but I hate the conf. 2 hours of just dull shit with some gold scattered in here and there.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
@Elaisse said:

I am looking forward to the direct, but I hate the conf. 2 hours of just dull shit with some gold scattered in here and there.

Since like 5 years or so every trailer gets uploaded on youtube instantly during or after the press conference.

So it's best to just do something better with your time now, and while you are doing other stuff, read a transcript of the press conference on some gaming website and keep an eye out on youtube :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Bethesda in hopes of a new elder scrolls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Bethesda cuz I want my ES:VI

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Screw all three of them. I can't remember the last time I bought a Bethesda, Ubisoft or EA game.

My best guesses would be...Fallout 4 (awful), Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (bland), and...Dragon Age 2?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@Planeforger: LOL at can't remembering the last games you bought from each company then listing your last purchases immediately after.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Bethesda i guess.. im mostly interested in seeing the next Wolfenstein

EA and Ubisoft's conferences are always garbage..

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So we can agree that Bethesda is the most interesting of the three ?

Yeah all their games are good in concept: Watch_Dogs, Steep, For Honor, Wildlands, The Division, all of those have amazing concepts, brilliant world designs... and let down by mediocre gameplay and Ubisoftitis (filling your open world with crap and repeating that crap until crap comes out of the players ears)

I'm looking forward to seeing EA's Visceral Star Wars Game. Maybe they'll announce Respawn is working on Republic Commando 2 ? :D

Perhaps the next Assassin's Creed will interest me too, I'm a sucker for historical settings.

Not sure about interesting. When it comes to single player shooters though (shit that isn't 4 hours long) they are sort of keeping that afloat, it would seem.

Ubisoft seems like it's full of enthusiastic arty people hobbled like James Caan in Misery.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: They don't just publish shooters though.

Are you telling me you never played Dishonored 1 or 2?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever
@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup: They don't just publish shooters though.

Are you telling me you never played Dishonored 1 or 2?

i still have yet to play dishonored 2 because of technical problems i cant pay money to the game that run like crap. and i will wait for more price drop.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Ubisoft because they always put on an entertaining show at E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Out of those: Bethesda

Why? Mainly because of DOOM 2 and hopefully The Evil Within 2. Some TES VI also, why not, even though I'm not really that big of a fan of Bethesda RPGs like Fallout or TES but I do enjoy them to an extent. Rage 2 would be cool too but I know it wont happen since Id will be all over DOOMs (deserved) success from now on

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever

@Vatusus said:

Out of those: Bethesda

Why? Mainly because of DOOM 2 and hopefully The Evil Within 2. Some TES VI also, why not, even though I'm not really that big of a fan of Bethesda RPGs like Fallout or TES but I do enjoy them to an extent. Rage 2 would be cool too but I know it wont happen since Id will be all over DOOMs (deserved) success from now on

Its too soon for Doom 2. so Rage 2 chances are better plus they should make a good Rage game that improve over 7 year old game on id tech 6 and Doom 2016 gameplay.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

To me it's Ubisoft. Their conferences are usually pretty funny. Cringe yes, but also with heart. I like several of their franchises like Prince Of Persia (presumed dead sadly), Splinter Cell, FarCry and Assassin's Creed (which gameplay wise has been shit, but I'm a sucker for exploring historical settings). With a new AC rumored to come out this year and set in the location I've always wanted the most (Egypt) I'm pretty excited for that.

Bethesda have some stuff I'm interested in and I guess they will show off a new Wolfenstein? Last one was pretty cool. Todd Howard is a fun character.

EA is def the least interesting. Very boring IPs in general and the loooong sports game segment always kills off any pacing the conference had.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

ubisoft for the cringe

ea is far and away the worst. their shows are always so stiff and business like which is somewhat understandable because the conferences are really for investors but it still doesn't stop them from being boring as hell. oh and sports games. gross.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

Bethesda tease with image. Doom 2 is possibility.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Ubisoft for sure

where else can I get such quality entertainment

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I just want to see gameplay of BL3, the new fromsoft's game and at least something about cyberpunk2077. That's all i need.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Out of those three probably Bethesda for Elder Scrolls VI and The Evil Within 2 although I am hopeful about EA for Battlefront 2.

Overall though I'm probably most looking forward to what Capcom may show.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Even though Ubisoft are absolutely shits of the highest possible level

Wow, you all must have a lot in common.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup

With the Morrowind expansion on the horizon it would be surprising if Bethesda announced Elder Scrolls (whatever roman numeral).

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Bethesda as I tend to find their games more interesting in general. I doubt we're going to see a TES:VI announcement but I think I've read somewhere that Bethesda Game Studios are also planning or already working on another entirely new title alongside TES:VI so I'd welcome some news on that. EA only interests me because of Bioware - the studio that created the Mass Effect trilogy are supposedly working on a new game.

Ubisoft hasn't released any game that interested me in a long while but I'll watch their conference for the lulz.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I'm also really hoping to see what might be next for the Dragon Age franchise at this year's E3.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

bethesda

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61483 Posts
  1. Bethesda (both as pub and dev)
  2. EA (Bioware duh)
  3. Capcom
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

For the 3rd party conferences, Ubisoft is always the most anticipated for me. They have a tendency of producing new, interesting IPs at a regular rate and there is always the chance that Michel Ancel will show up with something.

Applebeatspcv4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38 Applebeatspcv4
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Anything that's to do with Doom