Where is The prince of Persia 2008 sequel !

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts

Anyword about it , i just finished it huge but great cliffhanguer but then i played a dlc hoping for something worser ending , the game is great you have to embrace the change to love it .

Anybody knows something about it?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Trying to get to fertile ground. :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

ubisoft focus is on assassin creed brotherhood but i think we're going to hear something about it in 2011

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
probably in limbo. THEY BETTER GET IT OFF THERE AND RELEASE IT :x
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#5 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

I hope it's close and that they don't ruin the story like they did with AC, but they did have The Forgotten Sands come out this year, so probably not till a while into 2011 will we hear anything about it. I hope that they make the combat a lot better the next time through :D

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#6 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Trying to get to fertile ground. :P

DarkLink77

I see what you did there Pictures, Images and Photos

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

▲ Hopefully not gonna happen. PoP 08 was nothing compared to the previous series. Even The Forgotten Sands was better. ▲

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

▲ Hopefully not gonna happen. PoP 08 was nothing compared to the previous series. Even The Forgotten Sands was better. ▲

Loco_Live
i liked the new PoP, i do want a sequel
DiceDatabase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 DiceDatabase
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I really enjoyed PoP 08. Did the DLC add anything to the ending? I'm hoping for a sequel after Ubi's focus on Assassin's Creed is over..they were going to take a two year break weren't they? One year? I don't remember.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I really enjoyed PoP 08. Did the DLC add anything to the ending? I'm hoping for a sequel after Ubi's focus on Assassin's Creed is over..they were going to take a two year break weren't they? One year? I don't remember.DiceDatabase

The DLC just added another cliff hanger. I also want POP 2008 sequel. I really enjoyed it especially the interaction between the characters.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
[QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

Chris_Williams
i liked the new PoP, i do want a sequel

I liked it as well. I would not mind a sequel but I would wait for the price cut like I did originally with the 08 one
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Maybe next year since Assassin's Creed is taking a break next year. I hope they do. PoP 08 was just outstanding for me.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Loco_Live
Clearly I disagree with you sir; Forgotten Sands is the worst one of the series.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I don't think it was good enough to warrent a sequel

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Loco_Live

No it wasn't. Also PoP 2008 wasn't even a bad game far from it. It was just too easy.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

I don't think it was good enough to warrent a sequel

OB-47

Neither was Forgotten Sands. The whole franchise is out staying it's welcome. They need to do something new.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

jasonharris48

No it wasn't. Also PoP 2008 wasn't even a bad game far from it. It was just too easy.

And the fact that the combat just outright sucked compared to the previous PoP games, lack of any enemy variety didn't help either.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

I think PoP 08 was nicely self contained. It could have easily ended right there. Love conquers all, including the greater good. THE END.

Then along came the DLC and transformed it into a cliffhanger "to be continued" scenario.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
at the bottom of the deepest ocean where it belongs....
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jasonharris48

I think PoP 08 was nicely self contained. It could have easily ended right there. Love conquers all, including the greater good. THE END.

Then along came the DLC and transformed it into a cliffhanger "to be continued" scenario.

Filthybastrd

The ending to the DLC episode was bad in general. They should just stuck to the original ending. I still want a PoP 2008 sequel though. Improve on the difficulty, combat system, offer more enemy types.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

Dahaka-UK

And the fact that the combat just outright sucked compared to the previous PoP games, lack of any enemy variety didn't help either.

Forgotten Sands combat wasn't any better IMO.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

Dahaka-UK

the sands of time games had a god awful combat system. i really don't get the fuss about PoP's combat, aside from elika whining about the distance.
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

Slashkice

Huh? The game ended on a cliffhanger before the DLC.

That's one way of interpreting it I guess but I don't see what was so cliffhanger about it. the original ending sure did'nt give me me the impression that I was to expect a sequel.

[spoiler] To me, it seemed like the prince decided that he wanted her to live and as such chose to condemn the world. Sure, it's not your typical happy ending but I never got the impression it was trying to impose a big fat "to be continued" upon itself. Untill the DLC came at least. [/spoiler]

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Call me blasphemous, but I liked PoP 2008 more than any other PoP
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 funsohng
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"] No it wasn't. Also PoP 2008 wasn't even a bad game far from it. It was just too easy.

BrunoBRS

the sands of time games had a god awful combat system. i really don't get the fuss about PoP's combat, aside from elika whining about the distance.

same here. it was elegant, brilliant, and fun but too easy, short and infrequent, which they can definitely work on. Sands of Time combat systems were just clunky as hell and stiff.
IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
The game was good I guess, but the plot was awesome. The ending blew my mind, I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it right now. I would like a sequel to see what happens next, but if there isn't one I wouldn't be TOO angry.
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if that game doesn't get a sequel. It was a huge step down from the Sands of Time trilogy imo, and one of the most repetitive games I've ever played.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

dont think there will be a sequel though i hope there is coz i liked the game. most people didnt like the change so devs went back to old PoP style with forgotten sands which is also great.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

It'll show up in the next year or two.Ubi has too many other projects going right now. Maybe it'll take AC's place in Q4 2011.

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jasonharris48

I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.Parasomniac
But the Sands of Time titles had clunky gameplay too. :?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 funsohng
I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.Parasomniac
compare to Sands of Time clunkiness, it was fluid as hell.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Parasomniac"]I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.funsohng

seriously, would someone just tell me what's so damn clunky about the combat? is it because it requires... TIMING?! :shock:
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

Dahaka-UK

The combat was my favorite part :? I even intentionally lost just to keep battles going longer :P
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Parasomniac"]I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.BrunoBRS

seriously, would someone just tell me what's so damn clunky about the combat? is it because it requires... TIMING?! :shock:

no, the animation was stiff, sometimes controls aren't very responsive (at least to me), hitting motion was very dull, and altogether it just didn't feel satisfying at all.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="funsohng"] compare to Sands of Time clunkiness, it was fluid as hell.

no, the animation was stiff, sometimes controls aren't very responsive (at least to me), hitting motion was very dull, and altogether it just didn't feel satisfying at all.

really? huh. maybe the PC version is better? 'cause back when it was out i didn't have a PS3, so i bought the PC version. never felt stiff to me at all.
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 windsquid9000
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] seriously, would someone just tell me what's so damn clunky about the combat? is it because it requires... TIMING?! :shock:

really? huh. maybe the PC version is better? 'cause back when it was out i didn't have a PS3, so i bought the PC version. never felt stiff to me at all.

Same here. I had no problems with my 360 controller and the animations are among the best I've seen, being smooth and almost completely lacking seams.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I hope there is a sequal i want to know what happens next ,and ubisoft needs to fix the combat because you cant die in this game, also it was very easy and keep the ary style i liked it.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Parasomniac"]I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.jasonharris48

Yeah Sands of Time while less repetitive than PoP 08 was a lot more clunky. Sounds like Forgotten Sands combat was pretty clunky too but I only played the Wii version which was just crap.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 windsquid9000

I hope there is a sequal i want to know what happens next ,and ubisoft needs to fix the combat because you cant die in this game, also it was very easy and keep the ary style i liked it.johny300
Elika intervenes and the boss gets [almost] all of its health back. I think that could be considered a death.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="Parasomniac"]I didn't like it that much. The game was too easy and the combat was kinda clunky.Wanderer5

Yeah Sands of Time while less repetitive than PoP 08 was a lot more clunky. Sounds like Forgotten Sands combat was pretty clunky too but I only played the Wii version which was just crap.

some people said the wii version was the best... well i didn't try any of them, whatever.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

I have no interest at all in Forgotten Sands, that pretty much says everything about my thoughts of them going back to the Sands of Time style(boring as hell).

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel for PoP 2008 either. I wasn't the biggest fan of PoP 2008 and I will agree that I too found the Sands of Time trilogy to be superior in many ways, but I still feel they had the right idea, and there is definitely room for improvement. They simply have to improve the combat on many accounts and the platforming(it was simply horrible-- felt too automatic). What I mean by them having the right idea was that they originally set out to create a system that didn't center so much time on the combat but more on the platforming, where the time centered in combat would be more meaningful--to me that idea was golden.

All they have to do now is actually create a combat system and enemies that provide a more interesting and subtstantial experience, instead of wasting our time with the whole hords of enemies coming our way, which imo gets old pretty fast(one of the reasons why I felt the stealth kill in TT wasn't so bad implemented). This is what they tried to do with PoP 2008 and in some ways they didn't get far from it, but it still needs a hell of a lot of work. To me the shining emblem of the series has always been the platforming, so if they actually center most of their attention towards it, instead of the other elements, I think they could do very well.

My favorite of the series still continues to be the Sands of Time, but the game's pacing was far from perfect. If they commit themselves to creating what they had in mind for PoP 2008, I believe that they might actually come to create an even better game than the Sands of Time for me.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
didn't a new pop come out a few months ago?
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 windsquid9000
didn't a new pop come out a few months ago? imprezawrx500
That was either a re-imagining of SoT, or a sequel to it. I forgit which. It had nothing to do with PoP '08.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

I was thinking the same thing a while ago. I loved PoP 2008. Beautiful game.

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]didn't a new pop come out a few months ago? windsquid9000
That was either a re-imagining of SoT, or a sequel to it. I forgit which. It had nothing to do with PoP '08.

▲ It was a solid sequel to SoT. Set before WW. It was much better than WW. ▲

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Loco_Live
i agree, i really didn't like it at all, they should go back to what made the ps2 ones so great, and forget about PoP 08