Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69755 Posts

Sometimes you guys take the system wars too seriously as shown above. Most gamers don't care about stuff we talk about on the forum. The gamers that keep MS in business are not trying to find ways to defend their system or are they resilient. They are like all the other gamers, they soley care about the system playing the most popular or trending games and that's about it. They lack loyality that most of the folks here have to any particularly brand. Acting as if MS is suffering is delusional.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Pedro: PS4 games speak for themselves. There are tons of quality exclusives for it. The same cannot be said for the Xbox, and it’s future looks bleak

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Pedro said:

Sometimes you guys take the system wars too seriously as shown above. Most gamers don't care about stuff we talk about on the forum. The gamers that keep MS in business are not trying to find ways to defend their system or are they resilient. They are like all the other gamers, they soley care about the system playing the most popular or trending games and that's about it. They lack loyality that most of the folks here have to any particularly brand. Acting as if MS is suffering is delusional.

Damage control. Xbox is clearly suffering as a result of its lack of games. It's losing NPD every month in a territory that is supposed to be its strongest and it's almost nonexistent in Europe and Asia. You're delusional if you think MS is okay with the Xbox performing this horribly compared to its competition. It's getting its handed to it by not only the PS4 but also the recently released Switch.

Lems can be as "resilient" as they want but if MS finally decides one day they've had enough with the Xbox flopping and close shop there's nothing you guys will be able to do about it. You guys better pray their fortunes get better because as it is MS is running out of reasons to remain in the console business every time an Xbox game flops or they lose in NPD. They can decide to go fully into the Xbox app business and dump their console business tomorrow and no one will fault them.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

MS is going in the direction they want to. A service company.

@lebanese_boy said:

Rumor has it that MS has been looking to purchase new studios which would help them to have more talents and properties. So I'm guessing that's the direction they're going for.

So they can ruin them like Rare? Rumors mean nothing and they are buying cloud storage so studios are not happening.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BluFalconUltra

@Litchie said:

I like how the only people talking about Sea of Thieves is Sony gamers. But I understand, if the only thing I had was a console with a large amount of movie games you complete after just a few hours, never to be played again, I'd probably try to find entertainment elsewhere too..

I didn't know Quantum Break or Ryse were Sony games? People are still playing Uncharted and Bloodorne. Who is still even playing Halo or Gears?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:

I like how the only people talking about Sea of Thieves is Sony gamers. But I understand, if the only thing I had was a console with a large amount of movie games you complete after just a few hours, never to be played again, I'd probably try to find entertainment elsewhere too..

I didn't know Quantum Break or Ryse were Sony games? People are still playing Uncharted and Bloodorne. Who is still even playing Halo or Gears?

Yes, because I was only talking about Quantum Break, Ryse, Uncharted and Bloodborne. Other games don't exist.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@sts106mat: Lol!!! Sure, bud.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58383 Posts

@Gatygun: I've always believed that consoles and PC's will eventually get so close to eachother in terms of interface and hardware that they will become the same thing. I just hope they raise consoles to the standards of PC, and don't lower PC to the standards of consoles.

With that said, I think someone else mentioned that MS needs to create, not buy, an in-house studio and I think that is true....for the most part. They acted as publisher to some great games as well. I miss the old combat flight sims, Allegiance, Mechwarrior 4, and so forth.

I think the main issue is they have been try too hard to make games to fill a void or that they think people want, instead of just letting studio make the game they want to make. There is some sense is doing research and saying "Hmmm the world is short on this genre, let's make a game in this genre" but if you buy a game developer (resentment), and then tell them to make something they don't want to make (resentment) instead of letting them make the game they want to make (passion), it might backfire.

Is Sea of Thieves the game Rare wanted? Maybe, I don't know. But I imagine if Microsoft had provided the resources and a little whip-cracking and let Rare have full creative control, it might have turned out better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#60 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69755 Posts

@quadknight said:

Damage control. Xbox is clearly suffering as a result of its lack of games. It's losing NPD every month in a territory that is supposed to be its strongest and it's almost nonexistent in Europe and Asia. You're delusional if you think MS is okay with the Xbox performing this horribly compared to its competition. It's getting its handed to it by not only the PS4 but also the recently released Switch.

Lems can be as "resilient" as they want but if MS finally decides one day they've had enough with the Xbox flopping and close shop there's nothing you guys will be able to do about it. You guys better pray their fortunes get better because as it is MS is running out of reasons to remain in the console business every time an Xbox game flops or they lose in NPD. They can decide to go fully into the Xbox app business and dump their console business tomorrow and no one will fault them.

You and the rest of doomsayers can cry doom for the Xbox all day long but it simply doesn't make it true. Thats the reality you have yet to accept.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@champpsz said:
@tryit said:
@champpsz said:

@tryit: First, Xbox as a console isnt going anywhere, Phil has already stated that they're working on the successor to the X.

With that being said, they're most likely going to offer Gamepass on every platform, minus the PS4. That I agree on.

ah well that is disappointing. I think they will regret the direction they are going.

if a game isnt good, what good is a 'gamepass'?

They're making money hand over fist with the Xbox, yes I'm sure Microsoft is going to regret making billions of dollars because an armchair business exec on the internet said so.

What are you talking about? We don't even know what they're developing right now...

Seriously you aren't making a lick of sense, it's like you're just saying random things in an attempt to sound intelligent...it isn't working.

the games they have are garbage

and Valve..a tiny little company is very likely making WAY more then they are (MS Xbox division)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8487 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@quadknight said:

No one knows for sure. It’s tough to say what the problem is. It could be lack of talent, lack of funding or too many suits meddling in the development of these games. Whatever it is, it’s clear that Phil isn’t doing enough or he’s doing the wrong things.

Only time will tell if they can right the ship but it’s clear that whatever they’ve been doing for the past 4 years the Xbone has been out isn’t working, and some drastic changes at MS Studios will need to be made.

The problem is that they don't take chance and allow the product to grow after initial setback like Sony. They want instant hits like Halo and Gears and if a new IP fails to do that they abandon it. On the other hand Sony and Nintendo gives IPs with potential second chance. Sadly, MS can't even rely now on Halo and Gears as they have become stale and lost their charm.

It's baffling to see MS didn't fund Ryse 2, Alan Wake 2, Quantum Break 2 etc. All these IPs had potential, it's just that they couldn't execute it right the first time.

They actually tried to buy Ryse from Crytek and they wouldn't sell it. QB2? The way people here talk its the anti christ, now it had potential? Alan Wake 2 they didn't because they went with QB a new IP. Im not saying you don't have a point because I agree with you, but they simply didn't want to second party Ryse again.They have no excuse when it comes to Sunset Overdrive sequel.

Real xbox gamers actually get responses from Spencer,Ybarra, Greenberg. I have had twitter conversations with them and the fact is everything is hush hush, close to their chest now. It frustrates us but they have been very vocal on twitter since Scalebound that they will not talk about any game well before release anymore. Babybackballbaggers think this means there is absolutely nothing in the works. Thats just being ridiculously stupid.

As for not taking a chance and allow a product to grow, what do you think the plan with Sea of thieves is?

Yup, but Crytek didn't sell the IP, would it hurt if they still fund it as they did the original Ryse or even Sun Set Overdrive? All that means they saw the potential but were waiting for some other opportunity like Crytek going bankrupt or getting it for cheap (Of course I'm making this up but you can understand what I'm getting at). Secondly they could have funded Alan Wake 2, didn't Remedy proposed it to them but going back to my original point they just abandon an IP if it's not successful like Halo and Gears. Same was the case with QB, the combat system was okay and it had neat ideas but it was bogged down with live action show and all that. They could have improved the sequel since now they have the technology and assets in place. Take Sony for example original UC wasn't a runaway hit but they improved upon the foundation the second time and we are all aware of how big UC is today.

As far as Sea of Thieves is concerned, first I'll right away say that this is not my type of game so I wasn't even paying much attention but what little I did know they have no much for progression. Again, Sea of Thieves is a perfect example of little risk and ride on the bandwagon of GaaS as a constant stream of money. Crackdown 3, SoD 2, all games with GaaS philosophy. Now I'm not saying that MP games are a problem but MS seems to not even risk doing any thing apart from that. I also agree that even Sony is very risk averse since they have stick to the formula that works for them and turned all their games around it but in case of MS they don't even have a formula and they are not even trying to branch into anything else.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:

Yes, because I was only talking about Quantum Break, Ryse, Uncharted and Bloodborne. Other games don't exist.

Well no games exist on Xbox so lol. Don't criticize another platform's games when Xbox has zero.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Litchie
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:

Well no games exist on Xbox so lol. Don't criticize another platform's games when Xbox has zero.

Why not? It's not like Xbox being even worse makes Playstation good.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#66  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Far too late to create studios and develop games

By the time anything worthwhile comes out it will be long dead

They are already in desperate buyout mode to try and fill the gap

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Stay the course. The less consoles with exclusives, the better.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BluFalconUltra

@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:

Because PS4 is great and Xbox One isn't. Your opinion is wrong as 76 million people disagree with you lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11135 Posts
@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:

Yet you went with the worse option anyway. Anyone who's still hanging onto Xbox for this gen is a glutton for punishment.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Litchie

@BenjaminBanklin: I went with the worst option? What? I don't have an Xbox, if that's what you mean. The hell is the matter with you guys? Someone automatically is an Xbox fanboy as soon as he says anything negative about Sony? Unintelligent nerds are the fucking worst..

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Litchie

@blufalconultra: Oh, so that's how it works? Here I thought the 3D animated Barbie movies were bad, but looking at the sales, they must apparently be good. I see now, thanks.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11135 Posts
@Litchie said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I went with the worst option? What? I don't have an Xbox, if that's what you mean. The hell is the matter with you guys? Someone automatically is an Xbox fanboy as soon as he says anything negative about Sony? Unintelligent nerds are the fucking worst..

Don't sleep with dogs if you don't want the fleas.

Champpsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Champpsz
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts
@tryit said:

and Valve..a tiny little company is very likely making WAY more then they are (MS Xbox division)

Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Ori and the Blind Forest, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Gears 4, Cuphead, Rare Replay and soon Ori 2, Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2, Ashen, new Fable by Playground,Yes all garbage games

And Valve, the supposed "tiny" company that owns PC gaming distribution and is worth billions of dollars, hasn't released anything since 2013 when DOTA 2 came out of beta

Can you make a single intelligent comment? Seriously asking....because it seems like all of your comments boil down to "durr xbox is teh suxx hur derp" you don't know what Valve, MS or anyone for that matter are currently developing and are talking out of your ass.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TryIt
@champpsz said:
@tryit said:

Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Ori and the Blind Forest, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Gears 4, Cuphead, soon Ori 2, Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2, Ashen, new Fable by Playground

Yes all garbage games

And Valve hasn't made anything since 2013 when DOTA 2 came out of beta

Can you make a single intelligent comment? Seriously asking....because it seems like all of your comments boil down to "durr xbox is teh suxx hur derp"

not a single game you listed I am interested in.

when I say Valve I am talking about Steam, not Valve as a game developer.

here is a small sample of what I am talking about:

Space Engineers

Medieval Engineers

7 Days to Die

Imperium Galactic Survival

The Forest

Subnautica

Life is Feudal

Stranded Deep

From the Depths

Kerbal Space Program

StarMade

Another Brick in the Mall

Elite Dangerous

Cities Skylines

Planet Coaster

Kenshi

RimWorld

Hospitalize

Kingdoms

Wurm Unlimited

My Summer Car

Banished

Out of Reach

Project Highrise

Champpsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Champpsz
@tryit said:

Then you should of said "games I'm not interested in"

@tryit said:

Yes because they own the largest distribution service on PC for gaming,

But you said and I quote

"and Valve..a tiny little company is very likely making WAY more then they are (MS Xbox division)"

This implies that Valve are the ones making the games.

BTW City Skylines is coming to the Gamepass next month.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TryIt
@champpsz said:
@tryit said:

Then you should of said "games I'm not interested in"

@tryit said:

Yes because they own the largest distribution service on PC for gaming,

But you said and I quote

"and Valve..a tiny little company is very likely making WAY more then they are (MS Xbox division)"

This implies that Valve are the ones making the games.

BTW City Skylines is coming to the Gamepass next month.

I will say it again.....

when I said Valve I was referring to them as a game distributor company (valve) just like MS doesnt actually make games but sells them.

there is literally nothing you can say that will change what I meant, REGARDLESS of how bad I said it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@pc_rocks: I said they have no excuse with Sunset Overdrive. Would I fund Crytek making another Ryse? Nope. I'd want the IP and get an experienced action, hack/slash dev to make a second. And LOL we're going to call out companies for being companies now?

As I said about AW2, Remedy pitched it and MS said can you do a NEW IP for us, something really different and we'll fund a companion Mini series. Lake was all for it from what I read and they made QB. Funny how when MS does take risks people still shit on them and complain "why didn't they fund another sequel?"

Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things I'd do differently were I in charge of Xbox. But it is a fact that they are fvckin scrutinized a bit too much. A game like Sea of Thieves is another risk. I think it will get better with time as games like these generally do, but the way people are acting you'd be innocent of forgetting its an online only, new IP not an established franchise. But people are acting like it was supposed to come out of the gate blasting away records. LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts

Well they continue moving forward of course by developing/funding potentially great games, pushing consumer friendly services, and creating a great platform to play games and do other things on.

Champpsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Champpsz

@tryit: As long as you admit that you said it badly

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TryIt
@champpsz said:

can we get back on the point of what I said instead of dry humping ad hominem's?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#81  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@eyeboonseyebrow said:

or are their studios just not that great?

Thats pretty much it ^^^

Its always funny to see lems with the "movie games" argument against Sony exclusives when its their brand console that cant pull a good game to save their lives. Turn 10 is the only decent thing in MS portfolio

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:

or are their studios just not that great?

Thats pretty much it ^^^

Its always funny to see lems with the "movie games" argument against Sony exclusives when its their brand console that cant pull a good game to save their lives. Turn 10 is the only decent thing in MS portfolio

Lmao, yeah ok then... let's have a look at gamerankings.com:

Halo 5 - 84%

Gears 4 - 85%

Forza Horizon 3 - 92% (annihilates any racing game on PS4)

FH2 - 86%

Ori & the Blind Forest - 88.5% (which is higher than Horizon Zero Dawn)

Halo Wars 2 - 79%

...just to name a few. So:

Champpsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Champpsz

@tryit said:
@champpsz said:

can we get back on the point of what I said instead of dry humping ad hominem's?

You made several stupid comments, I called you out, you back peddled, end of story

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:
@Litchie said:
@blufalconultra said:

Yet you went with the worse option anyway. Anyone who's still hanging onto Xbox for this gen is a glutton for punishment.

Right lol. People like wasting money. I got a piece of lint to sell him for $500. It's the most power lint on the market rofl.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Ori was a great PC game.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BluFalconUltra

@Archangel3371 said:

Well they continue moving forward of course by developing/funding potentially great games, pushing consumer friendly services, and creating a great platform to play games and do other things on.

They have done none of that. You and other Xbox fans are living in a fantasy world. Consumer friendly does not exist and only Xbox fans use that term. Everything MS does is for their benefit and not the consumer. Same with every company. No one is playing games on their platform, which is why they don't give you sales numbers or Live data anymore.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Archangel3371

@blufalconultra: Wrong again. I have great games already on my Xbox One that say otherwise. Companies can do things that are beneficial to both them and the consumer. Keep grasping at straws troll.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@blufalconultra said:

@lebanese_boy said:

Rumor has it that MS has been looking to purchase new studios which would help them to have more talents and properties. So I'm guessing that's the direction they're going for.

So they can ruin them like Rare? Rumors mean nothing and they are buying cloud storage so studios are not happening.

I guess Sony ruined the devs that made Driveclub. Your logic is stupid.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BluFalconUltra

@xhawk27 said:
@blufalconultra said:

@lebanese_boy said:

I guess Sony ruined the devs that made Driveclub. Your logic is stupid.

What idiot LOL.Evolution actually made good games, but the brexit caused them to get closed. They never had the pedigree of Rare though who had a great legacy until MS ruined them. Yup you made absolutely no sense with the comparison and talking about logic.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BluFalconUltra

@Archangel3371 said:

@blufalconultra: Wrong again. I have great games already on my Xbox One that say otherwise. Companies can do things that are beneficial to both them and the consumer. Keep grasping at straws troll.

How many of those games are exclusive? Name them. I am not a troll, just a gamer who does not have his head stuck up M$ a$$ like you do.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Archangel3371

@blufalconultra: Bullshit, you’re a troll and now you’re moving the goalposts to “exclusives”. Sorry chump but they have developed/funded some great games and I’m playing/enjoying them. Suck it hater.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@Archangel3371 said:

@blufalconultra: Bullshit, you’re a troll and now you’re moving the goalposts to “exclusives”. Sorry chump but they have developed/funded some great games and I’m playing/enjoying them. Suck it hater.

Yeah they funded timed exclusives, which they don't own lol. Thanks MS for funding games that the rest of us can play without an Xbox. I guess you are playing the BC games? Xbox fans know all about moving goal posts LOL.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Archangel3371

@blufalconultra: ??? Such a sad angry troll you must be. They have their own games and you damn well know but, “hurr hurr hurr Xbox One has no games”. Keep being a troll I’ll just keep enjoying my Xbox One and it’s many games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@creepywelps said:

@hrt_rulz01: Ori was a great PC game.

It is a great game in general, whether it's on Xbox or PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Another day another cow alt, what else is new?

Some of the cows responses in this thread just re-affirms that they are indeed the most cancerous faction in gaming.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@Archangel3371 said:

@blufalconultra: ??? Such a sad angry troll you must be. They have their own games and you damn well know but, “hurr hurr hurr Xbox One has no games”. Keep being a troll I’ll just keep enjoying my Xbox One and it’s many games.

They have Halo, Gears and Forza as the only decent games. Nothing else is relevant. Not trolling, just facts. Sea of Flops proves this lol. Why would I be angry when I have "good" games to play? I am having fun clowning you fools while I'm doing my classwork. About to finish and go play Ni No Kuni II.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Archangel3371

@blufalconultra: So basically you’re just admitting that you’re trolling and shitposting then. Like I said they have developed/funded games so don’t try to pass that bs that you tried to pass off earlier saying that they never have then move the goalposts to be “exclusive” and now you’re trying to go with whatever you feel is relevant. That is not presenting “facts”, that is trolling and now backpedaling.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BluFalconUltra

Still no games posted

Avatar image for reaperinthyname
reaperinthyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 reaperinthyname
Member since 2018 • 273 Posts

All digital as they originally planned.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8487 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@pc_rocks: I said they have no excuse with Sunset Overdrive. Would I fund Crytek making another Ryse? Nope. I'd want the IP and get an experienced action, hack/slash dev to make a second. And LOL we're going to call out companies for being companies now?

What happened with Ryse was entirely MS's fault. Ryse wen't from Kinect Only 360 title, to 360 game with kinect features and then finally retrofit to be a launch X1 game. Crytek had very little time to polish or evolve the mechanics. If they buy the IP and give it to other devs, these devs would have to again start from scratch with little technology and no assets. Were they stuck with Crytek they wouldn't have this problem. The gameplay portion could be reworked, in fact Crytek at one point hired ex GoW director but he left when Crytek gone into financial difficulties.

As I said about AW2, Remedy pitched it and MS said can you do a NEW IP for us, something really different and we'll fund a companion Mini series. Lake was all for it from what I read and they made QB. Funny how when MS does take risks people still shit on them and complain "why didn't they fund another sequel?"

Where did I say they don't take risks. I infact praised Quantum Break. But in both cases the problem is they want instant hits and don't allow the IP to grow. Both AW and QB were a victim of that thinking.

Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things I'd do differently were I in charge of Xbox. But it is a fact that they are fvckin scrutinized a bit too much. A game like Sea of Thieves is another risk. I think it will get better with time as games like these generally do, but the way people are acting you'd be innocent of forgetting its an online only, new IP not an established franchise. But people are acting like it was supposed to come out of the gate blasting away records. LOL

Oh I know, especially the whole PlayAnywhere thing. To me as a gamer they are doing the right thing but the problem is they don't have compelling games to go along with it. To you SoT looks like a risk but from my perspective it seems like a low investment and somewhat safe to get easy return using GaaS model.