When you think about it rationally the 360 is working its way to be the best

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Hear me out before you flame me. This is all hypothetical.

If your not a huge fan of any series and just wanted to play some good games then the 360 is on its way to being thebest. I mean the 360 provides you games from the PC and PS3. Then if you want some party games and mini games then the xbla is for you. The 360 really gives you the best of hardcore and casual. If you could only buy one system and you like PC gaming(WRPG,FPS,RTS), the JRPGs and action games that the PS3 provides, and the casual gaming the wii provides the 360 is on its way to bethe best. The 360 lacks platformers, but if Banjo becomes a huge success then more variety in that genre will come. It is not there yet, but 2008 will be a better year in terms of diversity for the 360 then its past two years combined. The 360 just gives you a choice in choosing what type of gamer you want to be.

I go from playing uno to Halo, from Kameo to Gears, from Dead rising to texas holdem, from Puzzle quest- Eternal Sonata, from Blue Dragon to Oblivion, from Comand and Conquer to small arms, from TMNT to Street of Rage 2, and just so much more. The 360 may not have the best games(yet, or maybe never)in each genre, but it does have good games in each genre, and that is all some people will ask of it. The 360 came along way compared to the xbox. If it wasn't for the RROD I would have said that this is probably the most complete console I ever owned.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
And then the RROD happens and you're returned back to reality.
playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad about the Red Lights. MS might have seen some profit this generation. I think half the sales are us guys selling our refurbs to the masses and getting new machines. "OMG Zephyr", "OMG Falcon", etc. :(
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 too_much_eslim
And then the RROD happens and you're returned back to reality.Zhengi
lol yeah it always does.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

And then the RROD happens and you're returned back to reality.Zhengi
Bahh bahh - pull the wool from you're eyes already.

The 360 has the games and the games fans that matter - nothing you can say will change this ! ;)

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts

360 has great games 8)

Ninpo_Osa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Ninpo_Osa
Member since 2006 • 2140 Posts
Buy a PC instead... You'll get like 90% of the games and you won't have to pay for online service. As a bonus, you'll have a PC that you need anwyays. The 360 is probably the crappiest console ever concieved. All you're doing is letting Microsoft leverage PC gaming into a console and proliferating their DirectX tools into an industry they have no business being in. If the RRoD hasn't taught you your lesson, then you deserve to be tied down to your chair while watching someone install Windows ME onto your computer.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
The only thing the haters can say about the 360 is RROD which is getting fixed. 360 is the only console for all the major game tournaments including Madden games. The most AAA and AA for any of the consoles. Sales are great for hardware and even better for software.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Buy a PC instead... You'll get like 90% of the gamesand you won't have to pay for online service. As a bonus, you'll have a PC that you need anwyays. The 360 is probably the crappiest console ever concieved. All you're doing is letting Microsoft leverage PC gaming into a console and proliferating their DirectX tools into an industry they have no business being in. If the RRoD hasn't taught you your lesson, then you deserve to be tied down to your chair while watching someone install Windows ME onto your computer.Ninpo_Osa
LMAO - Prove it ! :P
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 too_much_eslim
Buy a PC instead... You'll get like 90% of the games and you won't have to pay for online service. As a bonus, you'll have a PC that you need anwyays. The 360 is probably the crappiest console ever concieved. All you're doing is letting Microsoft leverage PC gaming into a console and proliferating their DirectX tools into an industry they have no business being in. If the RRoD hasn't taught you your lesson, then you deserve to be tied down to your chair while watching someone install Windows ME onto your computer.Ninpo_Osa
I am not a PC gamer and never will be. If I became one I would always want to play games at its max settings and resolutions. In order to do that I will need to spend a lot of cash and I do not want to.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts

The only thing the haters can say about the 360 is RROD which is getting fixed. 360 is the only console for all the major game tournaments including Madden games. The most AAA and AA for any of the consoles. Sales are great for hardware and even better for software. Eltroz

Agreed

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Yep. Jack of all trades, master of none.
playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 playwithfire17
I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 too_much_eslim
Yep. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Lazy_Boy88
In the business world Jack of all trades are what people want. If you only specialize in one area there is always a chance of your position being obsolete.
Ninpo_Osa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ninpo_Osa
I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.playwithfire17
That's exactly how i feel. If I'm going to buy a console and get milked for online service, it better have some REAL exclusives.. Not "console exclusives" "MS exclusives" and "timed exclusives".. In that respect, the 360 may be the most mediocre gaming console in history, and the RRoD is nothing more than insult to injury.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 too_much_eslim
I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.playwithfire17
If you could only have one console and wasn't a huge fan of any games is what I said the 360 is the way to go. The only reason I will have a wii is for Mario Kart, SSBB, and Zelda. If nintendo stopped ,making those games I would never buy another Nintendo console.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="playwithfire17"]I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.Ninpo_Osa
That's exactly how i feel. If I'm going to buy a console and get milked for online service, it better have some REAL exclusives.. Not "console exclusives" "MS exclusives" and "timed exclusives".. In that respect, the 360 may be the most mediocre gaming console in history, and the RRoD is nothing more than insult to injury.

I don't knoiw why you guys act like the 360 doesn't have any worthwhile exclusives. Also I said if you are going to own one console/system the 360 is the way to go.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]And then the RROD happens and you're returned back to reality.SecretPolice

Bahh bahh - pull the wool from you're eyes already.

The 360 has the games and the games fans that matter - nothing you can say will change this ! ;)

Are you saying that the RROD doesn't really matter? And you're calling me blind? Even the TC admits the RROD is a big problem.

Ninpo_Osa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ninpo_Osa
[QUOTE="playwithfire17"]I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.too_much_eslim
If you could only have one console and wasn't a huge fan of any games is what I said the 360 is the way to go. The only reason I will have a wii is for Mario Kart, SSBB, and Zelda. If nintendo stopped ,making those games I would never buy another Nintendo console.

Do you ever stop to think that that is how Playstation fans feel about their console? After all, the PS2 had over 8000 games and still running.. Just face it, as a gamer, people are going to get the system with the games they want. Most people don't buy into brand loyalty. That is why Nintendo has been in the home console doldrums since the N64.. This console generation is simply WAY too young to say one console is better than the others. If Monster Hunter 3 is anything to judge the idnustry by, the MGS4 and FFXIII could go to the Wii tomorrow and then the 360 AND the PS3 would get buried alive. But hyping the 360 at this point is just silly. It has only proved that it can capture the XBox1 fanbase quickly in the US market.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eltroz
The 360 really is the best console this gen. By far the best games it has the most AAA and AA of any of the other consoles by far.. People can talk about blu-ray but i buy a console for playing games not watching movies.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Could it work its way down to being the same price in Canada?

Rationally Wii>PS3>360.
You habe a good point, it does you give some variety. From First person, to third person to tactical shooter. jks. 360 is a great console.
iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

360 has great games 8)

KillaHalo2o9
really then why is it not selling
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="playwithfire17"]I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.Ninpo_Osa

Do you ever stop to think that that is how Playstation fans feel about their console? After all, the PS2 had over 8000 games and still running.. Just face it, as a gamer, people are going to get the system with the games they want.Most people don't buy into brand loyalty. That is why Nintendo has been in the home console doldrums since the N64.. This console generation is simply WAY too young to say one console is better than the others. If Monster Hunter 3 is anything to judge the idnustry by, the MGS4 and FFXIII could go to the Wii tomorrow and then the 360 AND the PS3 would get buried alive. But hyping the 360 at this point is just silly. It has only proved that it can capture the XBox1 fanbase quickly in the US market.

I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]

360 has great games 8)

iamanoobkillme

Same reason dreamcast didn't then. Dreamcast was abetter sytem from start to finish out of all the consoles last gen. It died out because people just bought the PS2 even when at launch it didn't have games to compete with the Dreamcast.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eltroz
[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]

360 has great games 8)

iamanoobkillme

Have you been looking at the sales numbers comming in? Just wait till NPD comes out. It will crush the PS3 even though that is not that it is hard to do. Watch all 3 sony products will be in last place again.
shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts
This is the console age of the 360. The Wii will get its own eventually.
Non-Seq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Non-Seq
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
Trust me, in a couple of months 360 will show its age. What games are coming out for it in 2008? Nothing but multiplats, and no one will want to play the same software over and over. 360 is in trouble after Mass Effect. Once they make some exclusives for PS3 that isn't cripled bybeing a360 port, people will see a big difference.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 too_much_eslim
Trust me, in a couple of months 360 will show its age. What games are coming out for it in 2008? Nothing but multiplats, and no one will want to play the same software over and over. 360 is in trouble after Mass Effect. Non-Seq
You should be more intrigued by the fact you don't know what games are coming out. The funny thing is there are plenty exclusives coming out next year. Youjust have to look them up. You act there are no games coming out.
Non-Seq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Non-Seq

[QUOTE="Non-Seq"]Trust me, in a couple of months 360 will show its age. What games are coming out for it in 2008? Nothing but multiplats, and no one will want to play the same software over and over. 360 is in trouble after Mass Effect. too_much_eslim
You should be more intrigued by the fact you don't know what games are coming out. The funny thing is there are plenty exclusives coming out next year. Youjust have to look them up. You act there are no games coming out.

None of them are special if I don't know about them. 2008 has me excited and not for anything 360 is doing. 360 is looking like a flash in the pan. And it can't afford to be that way with the PS3, because a measly 11 million is nothing to catch up to, Wii proved that.

Ninpo_Osa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ninpo_Osa
I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.too_much_eslim
I look at it as an equal but opposite thing. The 360 may have a bigger mix of titles than the first Xbox did, but compared to the PS2 its just more of the same with shinier graphics. Meanwhile, Sony is breaking ground with entirely new gameplay and genres like LittleBigPlanet and Echochrome. In the software department, the 360 has been eating leftovers from the PS2 and all of the MGS4 campaigning by Lems proves exactly that. Now, trying to directly emulate the most successful platform ever isn't necesarily a bad thing, but Nintendo is throwing a wrench in everything so far. What the Wii proves, essentially, is that more of the same and shinier graphics isn't necessarily where the sweet spot in the market is anymore. To put it bluntly, the 360 is the only system with a decidedly "last gen" mentality behind it. To make matters worse, Microsoft is still showing a propensity for catering to the diehard gamers who made the Xbox1 a mediocre market performer and a commercial flop. Meanwhile, the only data to compare the 360 to is the fact that the Wii has already superceded the 360 as the market leader and the PS3s worlwide sales have only trailed 1.5% behind the 360 before the 40GB SKU and before the superhit lineup comes. So, with all due respect, you will have to envision a world after the Halo3 afterglow wears off and the two other horses in the race start actually playing to their own strengths. Is the 360 the way to go if you aren't looking for anything new? Yes. With no motion controls, a heavy reliance on PC ports, a marketing budget that only goes for guns guns guns, and a propensity for failing hardware it's a chip right off the PS2 block. The real question here is "Does the typical gamer really want that?" and I dont have that answer, but neither do you. I tend to think the Wiis success spells more bad news for the 360 than the PS3, though. If this year tells a story, it's that consumers tastes may be changing.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Non-Seq"]Trust me, in a couple of months 360 will show its age. What games are coming out for it in 2008? Nothing but multiplats, and no one will want to play the same software over and over. 360 is in trouble after Mass Effect. Non-Seq

None of them are special if I don't know about them. 2008 has me excited and not for anything 360 is doing. 360 is looking like a flash in the pan.

Maybe because nobody is really hyping next year games this year. I mean PS3 fans hype next year because this year has been a bust for them. Wii fans hype Brawl because of the delay and then there is mario Kart. The 360 has Ninja Gaien 2, Banjo 3, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, and many more games.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.Ninpo_Osa
I look at it as an equal but opposite thing. The 360 may have a bigger mix of titles than the first Xbox did, but compared to the PS2 its just more of the same with shinier graphics. Meanwhile, Sony is breaking ground with entirely new gameplay and genres like LittleBigPlanet and Echochrome. In the software department, the 360 has been eating leftovers from the PS2 and all of the MGS4 campaigning by Lems proves exactly that. Now, trying to directly emulate the most successful platform ever isn't necesarily a bad thing, but Nintendo is throwing a wrench in everything so far. What the Wii proves, essentially, is that more of the same and shinier graphics isn't necessarily where the sweet spot in the market is anymore. To put it bluntly, the 360 is the only system with a decidedly "last gen" mentality behind it. To make matters worse, Microsoft is still showing a propensity for catering to the diehard gamers who made the Xbox1 a mediocre market performer and a commercial flop. Meanwhile, the only data to compare the 360 to is the fact that the Wii has already superceded the 360 as the market leader and the PS3s worlwide sales have only trailed 1.5% behind the 360 before the 40GB SKU and before the superhit lineup comes. So, with all due respect, you will have to envision a world after the Halo3 afterglow wears off and the two other horses in the race start actually playing to their own strengths. Is the 360 the way to go if you aren't looking for anything new? Yes. With no motion controls, a heavy reliance on PC ports, a marketing budget that only goes for guns guns guns, and a propensity for failing hardware it's a chip right off the PS2 block. The real question here is "Does the typical gamer really want that?" and I dont have that answer, but neither do you. I tend to think the Wiis success spells more bad news for the 360 than the PS3, though. If this year tells a story, it's that consumers tastes may be changing.

LBP is awesome but two games doesn't mean it is breaking ground. The wii is hardly revolutionary. It just gives you a different way to pl;ay games an dit is not always for the better. But whatever man. You missed my point and only want to bash th 360.
Non-Seq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Non-Seq
[QUOTE="Non-Seq"]

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Non-Seq"]Trust me, in a couple of months 360 will show its age. What games are coming out for it in 2008? Nothing but multiplats, and no one will want to play the same software over and over. 360 is in trouble after Mass Effect. too_much_eslim

None of them are special if I don't know about them. 2008 has me excited and not for anything 360 is doing. 360 is looking like a flash in the pan.

Maybe because nobody is really hyping next year games this year. I mean PS3 fans hype next year because this year has been a bust for them. Wii fans hype Brawl because of the delay and then there is mario Kart. The 360 has Ninja Gaien 2, Banjo 3, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, and many more games.

If no one is hyping the games, thats only Xbox fans faults. They hype everything else. Otherwise that is a pretty weak list.

Ninpo_Osa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ninpo_Osa
[QUOTE="Ninpo_Osa"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.too_much_eslim

LBP is awesome but two games doesn't mean it is breaking ground. The wii is hardly revolutionary. It just gives you a different way to pl;ay games an dit is not always for the better. But whatever man. You missed my point and only want to bash th 360.

LBP, WarHawk, Echochrome, Folklore, Rub-a-Dub, Eye of Judgement, Eyedintify, Lair (yes, some people out there actually like it, not me tho), Singstar, UTIII (mods), and who knows what else. Here's the inverse of the operation. What innovation or new genres has the 360 introduced? I mean, there was the Totem Pole game, but then crickets.. So much so, that one cannot justify buying a Live Eye on the basis of gameplay.. What gives? What makes the 360 more than just a PS2 with unified shaders?
darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts
When its best games aren't only shooters or racers, you can try again.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="Ninpo_Osa"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="playwithfire17"]I had windows ME :( lmao. Sure I was 14, but still :(. 360 has great games. The ones I think are worth owning are Gears, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, DDR: Universe, and Fight Night Round 3. Half those games are available on other consoles. Meanwhile, Gears is going to PC and Halo 3 will eventually. I know that my Nintendo games will never leave the Wii, and the PS3 has some great games that I can't play anywhere else. Sure each console has lots of exclusive games, but most exclusives are garbage.too_much_eslim

Do you ever stop to think that that is how Playstation fans feel about their console? After all, the PS2 had over 8000 games and still running.. Just face it, as a gamer, people are going to get the system with the games they want.Most people don't buy into brand loyalty.That is why Nintendo has been in the home console doldrums since the N64.. This console generation is simply WAY too young to say one console is better than the others. If Monster Hunter 3 is anything to judge the idnustry by, the MGS4 and FFXIII could go to the Wii tomorrow and then the 360 AND the PS3 would get buried alive. But hyping the 360 at this point is just silly. It has only proved that it can capture the XBox1 fanbase quickly in the US market.

I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.

I have stated much the same many times both present & past;

Hope you have better luck b/c it seems to me, around here, If you state the obvious strengths of this console ( especially if you are a avid Gamer ) being called a lemming, fanboy... will surely follow. :?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="Non-Seq"]Trust me, in a couple of months 360 will show its age. What games are coming out for it in 2008? Nothing but multiplats, and no one will want to play the same software over and over. 360 is in trouble after Mass Effect. too_much_eslim

Lets clear this up, shall we.

No !

Ninja Gaiden 2-Action (E)

Fable 2-RPG (E)

Banjo Threeie-platformer (E)

Alan Wake-Survival Horror (PC/360)

Splinter Cell Conviction-Stealth Action (PC/360)

Infinite Undiscovery-RPG (E)

Halo Wars-RTS (E)

Too Human-Action (E)

Lost Odyssey-Rpg (E)

Cry On-RPG (E) I think lol

Marvel Universe Online -MMO (E)

Huxley-MMO (PC/360 )

Add these for good measure:

January 8, 2007 Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom Microsoft Action
RPG

Q1 2008 Culdcept Saga Namco Bandai Strategy

Q1 2008 World in Conflict Sierra Strategy

March 2008 Fallout 3 Bethesda Softworks RPG

Q1 2008 Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements Ubisoft Action
RPG

TBA 2008 APB Webzen Action

TBA 2008 Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Electronic Arts RPG

You wont be playing any ofthese on the PS3 ! :P

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

ninja gaiden 2

alan wake

dead or alive cronus

elveon

fable 2

halo wars

lost odyssey

postal 3

too human

infinite undiscovery

castle wolfenstein

they haven't even announced gears 2 which will probably be out in 08'

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Ninpo_Osa"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.Ninpo_Osa

LBP, WarHawk, Echochrome, Folklore, Rub-a-Dub, Eye of Judgement, Eyedintify, Lair (yes, some people out there actually like it, not me tho), Singstar, UTIII (mods), and who knows what else. Here's the inverse of the operation. What innovation or new genres has the 360 introduced? I mean, there was the Totem Pole game, but then crickets.. So much so, that one cannot justify buying a Live Eye on the basis of gameplay.. What gives? What makes the 360 more than just a PS2 with unified shaders?

Ok tell me what genre does all those game introduce. I mean did you just list warhawk and try to telll me that it is innovative. The only two games I'll give is Eyedentify and Eye of judgement even though those are not really innovative since it has been done before.
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

and huxley

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.Ninpo_Osa

You hit the nail right on the head. I agree

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="Ninpo_Osa"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] I agree, but you missed the point of what I was saying. If you just like certain types of games and didn't have an attachment to any franchise the 360 would be the best because it provides many games from all genres that are good to great. I not saying evrybody should just buy a 360 because some may just like platformers and that is where the wi dominates, but if somebody wanted pc gaming, PS3 gaming, and the casual wii gaming then the 360 offer all of that and a low price.abdelmessih101

Depends..Others prospective might lead them to think;

He hit his head on a nail :D

Jhung207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jhung207
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts

Cows are just bittered that the xbox 360 has outperformed the ps3 in every aspect of gaming. If you don't agree then you must be a bias and blind fanboy.

Cows always talk in future tense but why don't they just give credit to where it is due. The xbox 360 is doing marveless and it will continue to be

Non-Seq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Non-Seq

Cows are just bittered that the xbox 360 has outperformed the ps3 in every aspect of gaming. If you don't agree then you must be a bias and blind fanboy.

Cows always talk in future tense but why don't they just give credit to where it is due. The xbox 360 is doing marveless and it will continue to be

Jhung207

People speak in future tense because that is all that matters. 360 future is bleak. Halo is done, Bioware is with EA. There are not many spectacular games in 2008. PS3 on the other hand, has big titles, a lower price, and is constantly evolving.

nextgenCurious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nextgenCurious
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

Hear me out before you flame me. This is all hypothetical.

If your not a huge fan of any series and just wanted to play some good games then the 360 is on its way to being thebest. I mean the 360 provides you games from the PC and PS3. Then if you want some party games and mini games then the xbla is for you. The 360 really gives you the best of hardcore and casual. If you could only buy one system and you like PC gaming(WRPG,FPS,RTS), the JRPGs and action games that the PS3 provides, and the casual gaming the wii provides the 360 is on its way to bethe best. The 360 lacks platformers, but if Banjo becomes a huge success then more variety in that genre will come. It is not there yet, but 2008 will be a better year in terms of diversity for the 360 then its past two years combined. The 360 just gives you a choice in choosing what type of gamer you want to be.

I go from playing uno to Halo, from Kameo to Gears, from Dead rising to texas holdem, from Puzzle quest- Eternal Sonata, from Blue Dragon to Oblivion, from Comand and Conquer to small arms, from TMNT to Street of Rage 2, and just so much more. The 360 may not have the best games(yet, or maybe never)in each genre, but it does have good games in each genre, and that is all some people will ask of it. The 360 came along way compared to the xbox. If it wasn't for the RROD I would have said that this is probably the most complete console I ever owned.

too_much_eslim

you opinion will make the 360 the winner in your mind, but lets leave the winner to sales. honestly all the games you have mentioned i have no interest in. and what is diversity if 30 million people around the world will buy a console for one game, say GT5 or Mario Galaxy.

playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 playwithfire17

I honestly believe that 360 fanboys have become the worst on the site. They are the new cows, their console is on top (gamewise) so they randomly bash everything else. Everyone can admit that the 360 has a pretty solid game lineup right now. What lemmings need to admit is that our cool white box has big issues. The majority of good games on it are available elsewhere, and no console... *ever*... has had the issues with unreliability that the 360 has, not even the PS2 DRE.

Lemmings also need to admit that when PS3 and Wii get an exclusive, it's a *real* exclusive the majority of the time. When 360 gets an exclusive, it's usually a timed one, or "Microsoft" exclusive, which means any of us on the forum could play it because we all use pc's. Finally, cows should be allowed to look forward to what's coming, like FF13 and MGS4, because lemmings have had 3 (THREE) years to say "omg wait 'til Halo 3 comes out!" "Halo 3 will be the bee's knees!" "Halo 3 is the be-all and end-all of gaming"... etc.

If the 360 has so many great games, lemmings should shut up and play them and spend less time on here claiming godliness. Personally, I stay pretty entertained by my half-dozen 360 games, but I'm definitely glad to have the other 2 consoles also.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 too_much_eslim

I honestly believe that 360 fanboys have become the worst on the site. They are the new cows, their console is on top (gamewise) so they randomly bash everything else. Everyone can admit that the 360 has a pretty solid game lineup right now. What lemmings need to admit is that our cool white box has big issues. The majority of good games on it are available elsewhere, and no console... *ever*... has had the issues with unreliability that the 360 has, not even the PS2 DRE.

Lemmings also need to admit that when PS3 and Wii get an exclusive, it's a *real* exclusive the majority of the time. When 360 gets an exclusive, it's usually a timed one, or "Microsoft" exclusive, which means any of us on the forum could play it because we all use pc's. Finally, cows should be allowed to look forward to what's coming, like FF13 and MGS4, because lemmings have had 3 (THREE) years to say "omg wait 'til Halo 3 comes out!" "Halo 3 will be the bee's knees!" "Halo 3 is the be-all and end-all of gaming"... etc.

If the 360 has so many great games, lemmings should shut up and play them and spend less time on here claiming godliness. Personally, I stay pretty entertained by my half-dozen 360 games, but I'm definitely glad to have the other 2 consoles also.

playwithfire17
Wow you missed the point of my thread. I wasn't being fanboyish or claiming that the other systems suck. Also I only play games during the weekend and i am not a lemming.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Just wanna point out to SecretPolice...

Fallout 3 is coming to PS3 as well...so yes, I will be playing that on my PS3 8)

madterps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 madterps
Member since 2003 • 3152 Posts

Buy a PC instead... You'll get like 90% of the games and you won't have to pay for online service. As a bonus, you'll have a PC that you need anwyays. The 360 is probably the crappiest console ever concieved. All you're doing is letting Microsoft leverage PC gaming into a console and proliferating their DirectX tools into an industry they have no business being in. If the RRoD hasn't taught you your lesson, then you deserve to be tied down to your chair while watching someone install Windows ME onto your computer.Ninpo_Osa

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Windows ME! I'll choose Windows Vista instead! D'oh! Seriously though X-Box 360 is a poorly made piece of hardware. I wonder how many are no longer functional already? Maybe around 3 millions? Microsoft lied when they said 12 million sold, they forgot to mention how many are already dead or returned....