When will Sony's LAST PLACE streak end? 3 platforms in a row PSP, PS3 and Vita

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 indeedmasters
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts
Can Sony pull out of this rut or is this curtains? Sad to see the former king in such a lowly position these days.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Your other topics were slightly amusing, but now it's getting old. So..........

indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 indeedmasters

Your other topics were slightly amusing, but now it's getting old. So..........

Tikeio
I'm only telling the truth.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Does it matter? They make the best consoles on the market, and they make some of the best games.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
A little too early to comment on the Vita
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indeedmasters

Does it matter? They make the best consoles on the market, and they make some of the best games.

charizard1605
360 and DS are both far superior to their products imo
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12393 Posts
PS3 won't end up being in 3rd when the gen ends and there are only 2 handhelds so being in last place in the handheld market doesn't really mean much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

indeedmasters

I said CONSOLES. The DS (and the PSP, which I assume you were comparing it to) aren't consoles, they are handhelds. And no. The 360 is NOT superior to the PS3. The PS3 is the best console on the market, PERIOD. Just like the PS2 was the best console of its time. There are no questions about this. Your personal preferences may lie with the Xbox, but objectively, the PS3 is the best. End of discussion.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

charizard1605
Sony doesn't make the best consoles in the market.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

I said CONSOLES. The DS (and the PSP, which I assume you were comparing it to) aren't consoles, they are handhelds. And no. The 360 is NOT superior to the PS3. The PS3 is the best console on the market, PERIOD. Just like the PS2 was the best console of its time. There are no questions about this. Your personal preferences may lie with the Xbox, but objectively, the PS3 is the best. End of discussion.charizard1605

Actually, handheld consoles are CONSOLES.

And there is no "best" console on the market. It's only a matter of preferences and tastes for different individuals.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]I said CONSOLES. The DS (and the PSP, which I assume you were comparing it to) aren't consoles, they are handhelds. And no. The 360 is NOT superior to the PS3. The PS3 is the best console on the market, PERIOD. Just like the PS2 was the best console of its time. There are no questions about this. Your personal preferences may lie with the Xbox, but objectively, the PS3 is the best. End of discussion.Tikeio

Actually, handheld consoles are CONSOLES.

And there is no "best" console on the market. It's only a matter of preferences and tastes for different individuals.

Okay. I am going by the colloquial usage of the word then, where console=home console, handheld=handheld game console. Is it clearer now? And the PS3 is the best. No questions.
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indeedmasters
PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.NiKva
How was PS3 not a failure when Sony lost billions on it and all of their marketshare? It's one of the most epic fails in gaming history.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

When are you going to stop with your doomsaday predictions TC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="NiKva"]PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.indeedmasters
How was PS3 not a failure when Sony lost billions on it and all of their marketshare? It's one of the most epic fails in gaming history.

Best games. Made a profit. Outsells the Xbox 360 on a year by year basis, in spite of the Xbox's headstart.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12393 Posts
[QUOTE="NiKva"]PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.indeedmasters

business wise, sure but gaming wise ..... not anywhere near a failure.
kneegrowpls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kneegrowpls
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

[QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]

charizard1605

I said CONSOLES. The DS (and the PSP, which I assume you were comparing it to) aren't consoles, they are handhelds. And no. The 360 is NOT superior to the PS3. The PS3 is the best console on the market, PERIOD. Just like the PS2 was the best console of its time. There are no questions about this. Your personal preferences may lie with the Xbox, but objectively, the PS3 is the best. End of discussion.

How is your opinion any more objective than his exactly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"]360 and DS are both far superior to their products imokneegrowpls

How is your opinion any more objective than his exactly?

It's not. However, facts are always more objective than opinions.
kneegrowpls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kneegrowpls

It's not. However, facts are always more objective than opinions.charizard1605

What facts are these exactly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

kneegrowpls

Best library. Best games. Most features. Best value for money. Best hardware quality to power ratio. I could go on.

koryuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 koryuk
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

Who knows ps3 will always be behind xbox 360 as ps3 has inferior multiplats,inferior exclusives,bad online,games sell less copies on ps3 and the console has been making sony losses.Only good thing is bluray.

kneegrowpls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kneegrowpls

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

charizard1605

Best library. Best games. Most features. Best value for money. Best hardware quality to power ratio. I could go on.

You have maybe (and that's being used very loosely), one legitimate argument there. Otherwise, it's all your opinion and proves nothing still.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

charizard1605

Pretty much I agree with this.

PS3 > 360 > Wii by a light year long shot, it's not even funny.

Like I said before, Sony's biggest thorn on it's side this gen was really the $600 price tag.

Guaranteed, if Sony launches their PS4 at an affordable $300 - $400 price range, Sony will simply make a killing. Hell, from what they learned from the flexibly program friendly VITA, it seems Sony is bound to make an affordable B/C PS4.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

It's too real to jurge on Vita, besides for company sells since lauch not gen are more importent, also sales after gen that no body care about... but companies do

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

charizard1605

this guy is stoned off his witts..

the people have spoken.. wii>360>ps3....anything else is last place loser talk.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

KBFloYd

this guy is stoned off his witts..

the people have spoken.. wii>360>ps3....anything else is last place loser talk.

In terms of sales.. yes.

In terms of games.. no.

Simple as that. People use sales as another means to prove themselves victorious lol.

As a gamer, I support the developer who strives to improve gaming, and not just make money.

Truth.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

In terms of sales.. yes.

In terms of games.. no.

Simple as that. People use sales as another means to prove themselves victorious lol.

As a gamer, I support the developer who strives to improve gaming, and not just make money.

Truth.

g0ddyX

the games are the damn reason the thing sellls in the first place...

da hell you talkin about.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.NiKva
PSP was a market failure? It sold great, just not as much as the DS but it still sold great
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
less than a week... sigh...
MingLeWinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MingLeWinG
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts
Were gamers, not salers. As long as they have enough money to give me games, its all good. It's all about the games.
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 indeedmasters
[QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="NiKva"]PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.charizard1605

Best games. Made a profit. Outsells the Xbox 360 on a year by year basis, in spite of the Xbox's headstart.

It didn't make a profit :lol: They lost so much on the PS3 it wiped out all of the profits they made on the PS2 and PSP for gods sake. It only started profiting in the last 2 years and gas barely scratched the surface of the losses it suffered.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NiKva

It had great games, free online, was a f*cking bluray player for christ's sake. It is physically the best console on the market right now, whether it's generating a profit or not.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
It's been one week...
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 indeedmasters
[QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="NiKva"]PS3 wasn't a failure. PSP was a market failure, but still good. Vita just barely came out, and I'm betting that it'll be more popular than the 3DS.NiKva

It had great games, free online, was a f*cking bluray player for christ's sake. It is physically the best console on the market right now, whether it's generating a profit or not.

Nonsense. In exclusives it has been a near dead even draw with the 360 and in multiplats, which make up 95% of the games on the console the 360 blew it away.
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indeedmasters
It's been one week...Silverbond
Everybody knows the 3DS is going to bury the Vita.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NiKva
[QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="NiKva"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"]How was PS3 not a failure when Sony lost billions on it and all of their marketshare? It's one of the most epic fails in gaming history.

Nonsense. In exclusives it has been a near dead even draw with the 360 and in multiplats, which make up 95% of the games on the console the 360 blew it away.

It's not a draw with exclusives. Gears of Wars is a sh*tty series, leaving only Halo and kinect bullsh*t. PS3 has the best exclusives this generation, second to Nintendo.
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indeedmasters
[QUOTE="NiKva"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="NiKva"] It had great games, free online, was a f*cking bluray player for christ's sake. It is physically the best console on the market right now, whether it's generating a profit or not.

It's not a draw with exclusives. Gears of Wars is a sh*tty series, leaving only Halo and kinect bullsh*t. PS3 has the best exclusives this generation, second to Nintendo.

By Gamespot scores, which is what we go by here, not your opinion, it has been a near dead even heat with the 360... sorry. Multiplats is no contest and they make up 95% of the games on the console.
DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

charizard1605

Best library? 360 has more games, they may not be exclusives, but it has more games. It shares a lot with 360/PC and 360/PS3.

Best Games? Opinion.

Most features? Blu-Ray for Backwards compatibililty? I'd rather have backwards compatibility on my gaming system.

Best value for money? Sure, with Blu-Ray.

Best hardware quality tp power ratio? PS3s don't have anything close to RROD, but there power seems pretty close to me.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

charizard1605

Out of the consoles, yes, it may have the best hardware, quality to power ratio, most features, but that in no way makes it the best console. Personally, If you already have a gaming PC, I see no reason to own a PS3, seeing as their exclusives are lackluster at best, and their multiplats are basically being run on low end PCs rather than consoles. I've only used my PS3 a few times, only to play a few overhyped exclusives.

IMO, the only real console this gen was the Wii. The traditional plug and play console, no mandatory installs or any of that other tedious PC exclusive perks.

And it may be the last.

indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 indeedmasters

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="kneegrowpls"]

DireOwl

Best library? 360 has more games, they may not be exclusives, but it has more games. It shares a lot with 360/PC and 360/PS3.

Best Games? Opinion.

Most features? Blu-Ray for Backwards compatibililty? I'd rather have backwards compatibility on my gaming system.

Best value for money? Sure, with Blu-Ray.

Best hardware quality tp power ratio? PS3s don't have anything close to RROD, but there power seems pretty close to me.

No contest. This gen has been all about the multiplat and not only is the 360 much cheaper, but nearly all of the multiplats were superior on it.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NiKva
[QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="NiKva"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"]Nonsense. In exclusives it has been a near dead even draw with the 360 and in multiplats, which make up 95% of the games on the console the 360 blew it away.

By Gamespot scores, which is what we go by here, not your opinion, it has been a near dead even heat with the 360... sorry. Multiplats is no contest and they make up 95% of the games on the console.

>Go by Gamespot scores Your opinion now means nothing.
321orez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 321orez
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
[QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"]How was PS3 not a failure when Sony lost billions on it and all of their marketshare? It's one of the most epic fails in gaming history.

It didn't make a profit :lol: They lost so much on the PS3 it wiped out all of the profits they made on the PS2 and PSP for gods sake. It only started profiting in the last 2 years and gas barely scratched the surface of the losses it suffered.

Making a profit on a console doesn't mean a company is in "last place". I imagine most people who buy a PS3 buy at least 5 games over time. At least 1 other controller. Maybe they bought Move. Online games? The point is that even though they were losing profit on the PS3, they weren't losing profit as SCEA. Also, how would you know if it wiped the profit from the PS2 and PSP? That sounds highly unlikely in my opinion
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#43 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

They're getting profit off of the PS3 right now.
indeedmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 indeedmasters
[QUOTE="321orez"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Best games. Made a profit. Outsells the Xbox 360 on a year by year basis, in spite of the Xbox's headstart.

Making a profit on a console doesn't mean a company is in "last place". I imagine most people who buy a PS3 buy at least 5 games over time. At least 1 other controller. Maybe they bought Move. Online games? The point is that even though they were losing profit on the PS3, they weren't losing profit as SCEA. Also, how would you know if it wiped the profit from the PS2 and PSP? That sounds highly unlikely in my opinion

Uhh... it's last in sales. This is common knowledge.
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#45 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Last in sales = Number of Sales Not how much they're actually making.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#46 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

indeedmasters

ok, get in touch with reality. I prefer the 360, but come on. Far superior?
Jray0705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jray0705
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts

I don't see how PS3 is a market failure. Yes they reported a loss in profits, but it's now making a profit on its console. Sony plans on having a 10 year cycle, so they have time to be able to make anything back plus more. Yes they did lose on market share, but MS was very good with marketing. I still see Sony being on top of the 360 in all sales after the next consoles come out, but thats my opinion. Also, the Vita just came out. Honestly I don't think it will top the 3ds, but with every console cycle, No one knows who will win in the beginning. No one though MS would of done so well before the 360 came out. I still think Vita will do very well and be successful, and turn a profit. I just think it won't beat 3ds in overall units sold. But who knows?
Jray0705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jray0705
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="indeedmasters"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]

ok, get in touch with reality. I prefer the 360, but come on. Far superior?

Also how can you say the 360 is far superior. I know it's an opinion, but a highly discriminated one. The PS3 & 360 are both good. Going by facts of superior, the PS3 has a way lower failure rate, bluray, great games just like 360, perfect variety, and much more. I know you have opinions, but they're just not really valid when you say things like that
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
[QUOTE="indeedmasters"]Can Sony pull out of this rut or is this curtains? Sad to see the former king in such a lowly position these days.

Indeed. Dead last and support so much their products when others...... dying. Isnt funny?
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#50 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

man Vita is BARELY out of the Gate, just give it time. Who knows it may end up being better than the iPhone and 3DS.

Although it is a shame for the PSP and PS3.

Especially the PS3 that price tag did no favors.