When we will start seeing trailers for next gen games in development.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I hope we start to see some trailers for future projects on the next generation of console/pc hardware soon. It doesn't even have to be for a specified platform, or even a launch title. I just want to see what developers are cooking up that will come out within the next 3,4,5 years. If you remember, they were showing off projects like Dark Sector a few years before the xbox 360 and ps3 ever launched. That game may not have turned out so awesome, but I remember the sci fi, futuristic trailer for it was fantastic, and it got me hyped for the ps3/360 generation. Even the vaporware stuff that got cancelled or is still in limbo (Wardevi, Huxley, Possession, Killing Day) all built up my anticipation for the next gen. We can wait patiently, but it's time we started to get a tease about what's around the corner, don't you?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

When the next gen consoles are announced. Wii 2 I guess, though it won't be the biggest leap.

For PC, well games are already a gen ahead, just check recent (TW2) and upcoming (BF3) games for that.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

We've already seen the new Unreal engine, screenshots of ARMA III, TW2, BF3 and other more indie games in the making such as 'Infinity'.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

You start seeing trailers when they system gets announced.

This E3 we will be seeing the trailers for Project Cafe (I'm not calling it Wii 2)

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

I hope we start to see some trailers for future projects on the next generation of console/pc hardware soon. It doesn't even have to be for a specified platform, or even a launch title. I just want to see what developers are cooking up that will come out within the next 3,4,5 years. If you remember, they were showing off projects like Dark Sector a few years before the xbox 360 and ps3 ever launched. That game may not have turned out so awesome, but I remember the sci fi, futuristic trailer for it was fantastic, and it got me hyped for the ps3/360 generation. Even the vaporware stuff that got cancelled or is still in limbo (Wardevi, Huxley, Possession, Killing Day) all built up my anticipation for the next gen. We can wait patiently, but it's time we started to get a tease about what's around the corner, don't you?

ChiefFreeman

We Wont. This gen is doing just fine.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaltyMeatballs

You start seeing trailers when they system gets announced.

This E3 we will be seeing the trailers for Project Cafe (I'm not calling it Wii 2)

Nintendo_Ownes7
Trailers and gameplay, it will be playable at E3 :D
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
For the console next generation it will be at E3 this year. Just hope project cafe gets a release this year, I'll want to pre-order a launch console.
Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gauloisess
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

No, this gen is causing eye cancer with framedrops, screen tearing, the 30 fps standard because the ancient hardware can't keep up and no AA resulting in jaggies all over the place. Also games have **** AI because the processing power is being used for eyecandy ( in wich it fails utterly) and the scoop of games is being limited into narrow paths.

Ye this gen is doing fine...in ruining great franchises and delivering sub par gaming experiences lol

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

No, this gen is causing eye cancer with framedrops, screen tearing, the 30 fps standard because the ancient hardware can't keep up and no AA resulting in jaggies all over the place. Also games have **** AI because the processing power is being used for eyecandy ( in wich it fails utterly) and the scoop of games is being limited into narrow paths.

Ye this gen is doing fine...in ruining great franchises lol

Gauloisess
Best gen ever, too bad you too bitter and angry to enjoy it :(
Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gauloisess

[QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

locopatho

Nah, im already enjoying next gen. Witcher 2 ftw!

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

locopatho

This gen has been great, but it has overstayed it's welcome.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

Gauloisess

You aren't in the next gen unless you have a time machine to get the next console from Sony, MS, or Ninty. Or if you dislike consoles as your o-so-witty sig would suggest then there's no such thing as "next gen" on a PC.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I'm not sure about the next Sony and Microsoft consoles but perhaps at E3 if the Wii 2 is announced.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho

SaltyMeatballs

I disagree. Skyrim, Last Guardian, Bioshock Infinite etc etc etc on the way, years of awesome left 8)
mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mojosodopee
Member since 2010 • 280 Posts

probably around december 2013 or early 2014 for ps4/xbox

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

I don't think you're gonna see the next gen Xbox game or something for awhile.

Who's gonna develop a xbox 3 exclusive when you can make a PS3/360/Cafe multiplat ?? Since Sony won't jump to next gen anytime soon.

1. MS is actually dependent on Sony lol, they have to team up and release their successors simultaneously 1.5-2 years after Cafe releases in order to render it a second Wii.

OR

2. MS releases a system on par with Cafe hardware wise, so that it also recieves current gen multiplats meanwhile Cafe/Xbox 3 multiplats.

Why? It is very expensive to develop high end games, why release the next iteration of CoD or AC on systems that just launched which leads to lesser sales rather than on Cafe/360/PS3 ??

The situation is very complicated and this is just my analysis on the matter lol

Edit: Yeah I'm assuming you don't consider Cafe "next gen" because that is confirmed to be shown at E3, in playable form, which means there's a prototype game for it, probably StarFox from Retro or so.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Best gen ever, too bad you too bitter and angry to enjoy it :(

I disagree. Skyrim, Last Guardian, Bioshock Infinite etc etc etc on the way, years of awesome left 8)

I am sure those will be great. I am also sure they will look blurry and jaggy, with a lot of framerate dips, low res textures and we will be lucky if they are 720p on consoles. Maybe not LG, looks simplistic enough to deal with it. It's fine if you have just a console, but once you have played some PC games and see what is capable, you can't help but feel that consoles are gimped as they struggle to maintain 720p noAA (2x equivalent if you're lucky) at 30fps.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

hopefully in 2- 3 years, no point in next gen too soon

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 carlisledavid79
Next gen Playstation and Xbox will debut in mid or late 2012
Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gauloisess

[QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Best gen ever, too bad you too bitter and angry to enjoy it :(locopatho

You aren't in the next gen unless you have a time machine to get the next console from Sony, MS, or Ninty. Or if you dislike consoles as your o-so-witty sig would suggest then there's no such thing as "next gen" on a PC.

U jelly? The gap will even widen more this year.

mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mojosodopee
Member since 2010 • 280 Posts

Next gen Playstation and Xbox will debut in mid or late 2012carlisledavid79
didn't both companys said they wont be coming out with a new system until 2014 or 2015? or is that a rumor?

2012 is way too soon for next gen consoles imo

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 locopatho
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] This gen has been great, but it has overstayed it's welcome.

I am sure those will be great. I am also sure they will look blurry and jaggy, with a lot of framerate dips, low res textures and we will be lucky if they are 720p on consoles. Maybe not LG, looks simplistic enough to deal with it. It's fine if you have just a console, but once you have played some PC games and see what is capable, you can't help but feel that consoles are gimped as they struggle to maintain 720p noAA (2x equivalent if you're lucky) at 30fps.

Have a PC, I'm still honestly happy with current consoles graphic levels. Just about everything looks great to me. They'd look better with more res and AA sure but its not a major issue. I'm not bothered paying for another round of consoles just to make things look prettier, and I don't trust em to use the extra power for anything other then graphics :P
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperFlakeman

Gauloisess

Gens aren't defined by the hardware power.

Wii is actually a current gen system :)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho

Gauloisess

No, I'm not jelly that you use buzz words like "next gen" without knowing what they mean.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Ye this gen is doing fine...in ruining great franchises and delivering sub par gaming experiences lol

Gauloisess

talk bout being over dramatic and idiotic.

Might do you some good to pick up LA Noire right now to prove your last point extremely wrong.Aswell as Halo Reach's ai being pretty good when it comes down to it aswell.

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 carlisledavid79

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Next gen Playstation and Xbox will debut in mid or late 2012mojosodopee

didn't both companys said they wont be coming out with a new system until 2014 or 2015? or is that a rumor?

I don't know. But in my opinion it's just about right. fits the usual console release time frame as well. But I may well be wrong
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Next gen Playstation and Xbox will debut in mid or late 2012mojosodopee

MS released 360 in 2005...

Usually a gen lasts 5 years, after that there is at least 1 next gen console released. 2012 way too early? Hmmm

PeterDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#28 PeterDuck
Member since 2005 • 1048 Posts

We won't see them anytime soon because the next generation gaming is being held back by console gaming for the past 5 years or so

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I'm guessing at E3.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points