When do you expect the Switch to pass PS4 sales?

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

It's selling so much faster than the PS4 did, it will be at 100 million this holiday.

When do you predict it blows by PS4?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

It will reach 100mil with nothing for you to play but the Bayo3 and Metroid 4 trailers on youtube. You know what the PS4 had while selling? Games.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I dunno, what are both systems at right now?

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Casey-Wegner

PS4 took 8 years and Pro model to reach 115 million where it currently sits.

Switch has been out for 4.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Casey-Wegner
@hardwenzen said:

It will reach 100mil with nothing for you to play but the Bayo3 and Metroid 4 trailers on youtube. You know what the PS4 had while selling? Games.

Playing Dread and SMVT on my Switch this holiday.

What's Sony cooking up?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

On the who-cares day of the month of don't-give-a-shit-ember.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen

@casey-wegner said:
@hardwenzen said:

Playing Dread and SMVT on my Switch this holiday.

What's Sony cooking up?

What the PS4 has already cooked up for year, right? This is what your thread is about, right?

And the Switch won't reach ps4 sales this holday, so you gotta have more than 2 crappy games to keep you busy until it does. You can always play BoTW, the only game sheep are permanently playing for five years.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I have a hard time even really comparing switch to xbox or playstation sales. Two are home consoles while switch is a powerful handheld that can played on TV if chosen to. Hell, even switch lite cant be played on TV and is handheld only but is included in switch lifetime sales. I'm wandering if the switch will outsell the ds though... But on topic, I think switch will surpass Ps4 sometime late next year. (I have 3 switches in my house hold btw)

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Switch will destroy PS4 numbers. That CoD, FIFA, Fortnite box so t got nothing on Switch. I predict March 2022 Switch will be pass 114 million. Take it to the bank.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Who cares? Do you own Nintendo stock?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Of course now that Switch will destroy PS4 in sales, sales don’t matter anymore lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Don't know, don't care! All I know is both consoles are selling well for all gamers around the world.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12952 Posts

What matters to me is that Switch, Xbox and PS are selling gangbusters and we are getting awesome games.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I think it will pass PS4 total sales for sure, but not this holiday.

What really helps the Switch is that it's both Nintendo's handheld and home console for the generation. Two markets in one is a great advantage sales wise.

On the other hand, the PS4 still hasn't had a big price cut. It's still $299 new and the pro is $399! I can't believe we haven't seen a $199 base PS4 yet. I have a feeling the PS4 will get one last boost in sales once this happens.....if it happens

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I expect Nintendo to release at least one more version of the Switch... even if it's just a color difference so that hardcore fans that need one of each with shell out for it. Once that happens, it'll tip itself over the PS4 threshold.

I think Nintendo continues to prove that state-of-the-art graphics and physics are not as important as what's expressed online. Hardcore gamers are the minority. Always have been. Always will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

March 23rd, 2022 at 7:05 pm Eastern Standard Time.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts

The Switch astounding success is definitely the most baffling achievement in gaming history

I seriously cannot comprehend how a console with so very few original "worthwhile" games could sell this much...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@hardwenzen: your takes are amazing as usual. I have a ps4 and switch. You can make a list of games that ps4 has and jt wouldn't be better than the switch library. You can find some of the best titles of the Playstation on the switch, like persona 5, and final fantasy, dragon quest etc. The main difference are the first party titles. God of war and uncharted vs mario, smash, metroid, Zelda. I'd have to give it to nintendo.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Lmao TC lowered his standards from surpassing PS2 to beating PS4 😄

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Telekill: This. Some folks on here keep saying Nintendo fans will buy anything, I keep telling them Switch is so popular because "Normies" like it. Seriously, I know a guy that thought Skyward Sword was a brand new game. Had no idea it came out for Wii. These people exist, and they are millions.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Oooooof.

Sorry I just imagined playing games on a Switch or a PS4. Phew.....

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

You noticed that too? Lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Probably sometime early next year I would imagine. The new OLED model will very likely give it a pretty sizeable boost.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Not until Christmas 2022 because the PS4 will continue to sell units at discount.

And it will pass PS2 at Christmas 2024, assuming there is another h/w revision a year from now (but not Switch2).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: your takes are amazing as usual. I have a ps4 and switch. You can make a list of games that ps4 has and jt wouldn't be better than the switch library. You can find some of the best titles of the Playstation on the switch, like persona 5, and final fantasy, dragon quest etc. The main difference are the first party titles. God of war and uncharted vs mario, smash, metroid, Zelda. I'd have to give it to nintendo.

You might have the ps4, but like many other sheep, you're still a sheep with a ps4. And you're actually funny. You mention Mario, Smash, metroid and zelda. Firstly, when was the last time you got a proper Mario game? That was Odyssey, which was years ago. Not only was it years ago, its the only Mario game you got this generation that is even worth mentioning. Then there's Smash, a laggy unplayable game that every sheep loves to mention, but knows that with welfare servers Nintendo uses, that shit is unplayable. Then you mention Metroid knowing damn well there's no Metroid on your system🤭. In five years, your only Zelda game is a last gen port lol.

You mention big Nintendo franchises, but the system doesn't have anything from them or its old games that came out half a decade ago. Let me guess, you're like all the other sheep that play BOTW daily because you have nothing else to play on your system? Stuck with 1 WiiU port of a singlelplayer game that came out five years ago as your main entertainment for this whole generation. Now that is just sad to hear.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@hardwenzen: I have to say, I find you very impressive. Someone who is wrong so consistently is rare in this world. You and your buddy ghosts make monthly threads bashing the RE series, worst of all attacking one of the best games of all time, RE4. You may be more moderate, but ghosts takes it to another level. Even re8 which is considered by most parties a decent game. Metacritic rating of 83% which btw is a pretty good score. I haven't even played it yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it at the least. Your hatred of it has gone beyond common sense. Well at least it's funny even though it's irrational.

The switch has tons of games besides just Mario, and Zelda. Metroid is coming out in 2 months. Hades was last year goty and you know what it's well deserving, a truly fantastic game. Now you're even slandering smash brothers. I normally play it locally with my brothers and it's buttery smooth. The few times I've played it online, it went well. Yes there were a few games that lagged hard, but many games went without any lag at all. The switch is still getting started. BOTW2 will be out soon, and there should be news of a 3d metroid also. Putting all that aside, the switch has also been a great place for indie gaming. Cave story plus, ori, hades subnautica are all fantastic games. Indie devs game through for the switch, they might even be carrying it second only to nintendo.

Oh yeah, I'm not a sheep with a ps4, I lean more to lemming.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Depends on Nintendo. I don't think they will but who knows.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hardwenzen
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: I have to say, I find you very impressive. Someone who is wrong so consistently is rare in this world. You and your buddy ghosts make monthly threads bashing the RE series, worst of all attacking one of the best games of all time, RE4. You may be more moderate, but ghosts takes it to another level. Even re8 which is considered by most parties a decent game. Metacritic rating of 83% which btw is a pretty good score. I haven't even played it yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it at the least. Your hatred of it has gone beyond common sense. Well at least it's funny even though it's irrational.

The switch has tons of games besides just Mario, and Zelda. Metroid is coming out in 2 months. Hades was last year goty and you know what it's well deserving, a truly fantastic game. Now you're even slandering smash brothers. I normally play it locally with my brothers and it's buttery smooth. The few times I've played it online, it went well. Yes there were a few games that lagged hard, but many games went without any lag at all. The switch is still getting started. BOTW2 will be out soon, and there should be news of a 3d metroid also. Putting all that aside, the switch has also been a great place for indie gaming. Cave story plus, ori, hades subnautica are all fantastic games. Indie devs game through for the switch, they might even be carrying it second only to nintendo.

You keep saying that ghost and i hate on RE, when i am the one telling Ghost since the first week of RE8 that the game sucks. There's a difference between hating on RE1/RE2/RE2R/RE4 (the good ones) and the garbage ones such as RE3, RE3R, RE5, RE6, RE7 and RE8... RE3R, RE8 and RE6 being the worse of them all. And i don't need your meta score to know how RE8 is. I own the game since day one and fully beat it, it was a boring abomination of a game that felt like call of duty by the end. If this is what you want from your RE games, then that's on you. I want slow paced survival horror game, exactly what RE2R was. Nowhere did i hate on RE4, nub.

And no need to pretend that the Switch has games. BOTW2, Metroid4 and Bayo3 were announced how many years ago? Where are they at? Well, i will tell you where... years away from launching. Sorry to break it to you, but announcing games five plus years in advance of their release date is not your yearly library for you to enjoy in 2021. You have nothing, so much so that every Nintendo fan keeps saying that they're permanently playing BOTW since 2017, which is turning into a meme at this point. Like imagine a Sony fan permanently playing Horizon. No such thing, because on MS/Sony systems, there's something called variety, and not just varied shoveware/low effort hd ports, but actual good new games. You're only stuck playing years old games with no multiplayer if you have nothing to play. This is the Nintendo situation we're in, and you better get used to it, because until Switch 2 comes out in 2023, you will have nothing, just like in 2021 and the year prior.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You can't reason with Hardwenzen. He said the Switch had no games, a literal month after Monster Hunter Rise released for it. No matter what, the Switch will always be in a drought for him.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You can't reason with Hardwenzen. He said the Switch had no games, a literal month after Monster Hunter Rise released for it. No matter what, the Switch will always be in a drought for him.

Nice try. MH Rise is a multiplat that isn't only better played on pc when that version releases, but the Switch version and its sub 30fps gameplay feels like a pre alpha. Thanks for testing🙃

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sagemode87  Online
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Juub1990: No, it's because Switch is a handheld while PS4 is a home console.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Sagemode87: It’s both and is priced similarly to home consoles. Quit making excuses.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts
@theam0g said:

Who cares? Do you own Nintendo stock?

I bought 7 shares for the hell of it at $56 dip last week

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Thought it already did.

To answer the thread though, I don't care.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

The tears will flow like milk from a cows titties the day ps fanboys lose the only damage control they have left.

But it won't be one of the resident regular sales obsessed cows who puts the news up,you see it's hard typing when you're blubbering

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Of course now that Switch will destroy PS4 in sales, sales don’t matter anymore lol.

Nah, sales can still matter because the ps4 destroyed Nintendo competing console of it’s generation: the Wii-U. I know that sheep’s love to forget this abomination, but it happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@ermacness said:
@Juub1990 said:

Nah, sales can still matter because the ps4 destroyed Nintendo competing console of it’s generation: the Wii-U. I know that sheep’s love to forget this abomination, but it happened.

A sales fool will call Wii U an "abomination" but a real gamer will call it an amazing system. Funny how that works.

I have both last gen systems hooked up and Wii U gets way more play time these days. PS4 is essentially a door stop because of the inevitable cbomb issue.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:
@ermacness said:
@Juub1990 said:

A sales fool will call Wii U an "abomination" but a real gamer will call it an amazing system. Funny how that works.

I have both last gen systems hooked up and Wii U gets way more play time these days. PS4 is essentially a door stop because of the inevitable cbomb issue.

Referencing sales, the Wii U was an abomination, especially coming off of the highly successful wii. The quality of the system was never for a debate as far as software goes, but in the mentioning of sales, the Wii U was pretty laughable.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Crazy the amount of people who are still buying the switch. The performance of that thing is very outdated people must really want to play on the go. I have a switch lite and that's all I need for what it does they can go close to the PS4 with the switch oled.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

SWITCH will beat the hell outa the ps4 first than kick ps5/x-series ass's too

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Casey-Wegner

@SolidGame_basic said:

No.

It's just going to be enjoyable to watch each of Cows favourite consoles get lapped one by one.

Why settle for just the PS2 when we can do a victory lap passing by all the top selling Sony consoles?😄

Avatar image for Amin_and_Azizah
Amin_and_Azizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Amin_and_Azizah
Member since 2011 • 143 Posts

I think this year the system will surpass the Wii and the PS1. Then by the end of next year the system should tie or surpass the PS4. Then it's a matter of how long Nintendo plans to keep the system on the market that will determine if it passes the DS and the PS2. So the ball is really in Nintendo's court no matter how much the Sony Fanboys argue against it. It's all a matter of whether or not Nintendo feel like keeping the system on the market longer

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

When do you think Bait & Switch will pass smartphone and tablet sales for mobile gaming?

Because let's be honest, if Switch was a home console it would be failing worse than the Wii U. :P