What's your favorite Sega Saturn game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I know at least one other user on these boards truly appreciates the Sega Saturn. I was just wondering what everyone's favorite games were. If you cannot decide, post more than one. For me, it was Virtua Fighter 2. I remember playing that game for hours and hours when I got my Saturn, and I still play it to this day. It is easily the greatest fighting game ever made in my mind.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
Radiant Silvergun.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SmashBrosLegend
I cannot be the only one that bought a Saturn. 
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SmashBrosLegend
Radiant Silvergun.
Panzer_Zwei
I've never heard of it. Is it available in the US?
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Panzer Dragoon
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SmashBrosLegend
Panzer DragoonPikaPichu
The original, part 2, or Sagas?
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
SmashBrosLegend

No it wasn't sadly. But then again 3/4's of the entire Saturn library wasn't available in the US.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
Panzer_Zwei

No it wasn't sadly. But then again 3/4's of the entire Saturn library wasn't available in the US.

I have mine modded to play imports, but I just hate paying so much for them on eBay.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
Panzer_Zwei

Hell, The Sega Saturn itself was barely available in the US. :(
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
Redmoonxl2

Ain't that the truth. But SEGA of America just like SNK of America, hardly had a clue of what they were doing.

And as far as I can tell, they still don't hold a candle to their Japanese counterpart divisions.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PikaPichu
[QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Panzer DragoonSmashBrosLegend

I've only gotten to play the original. I wish Sega would port the all of them to one of the current gen systems. They'd be huge cash cows for Sega... but no... they're too hard working on flops like Secret Rings. :cry:
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
Panzer_Zwei

Ain't that the truth. But SEGA of America just like SNK of America, hardly had a clue of what they were doing.

And as far as I can tell, they still don't hold a candle to their Japanese counterpart divisions.

The Saturn would have succeeded, had Sega focused on it. Instead of putting all their games and support onto the Saturn, they got side-tracked with so many stupid things. Even though I love my Game Gear, it never should have existed, and the same goes for the Sega CD, Mega Jet, 32x, and Nomad.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
Well since this is about ''favorites'' I'd say Castlevania SOTN, it was a port but still had good extras.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Panzer DragoonPikaPichu

I've only gotten to play the original. I wish Sega would port the all of them to one of the current gen systems. They'd be huge cash cows for Sega... but no... they're too hard working on flops like Secret Rings. :cry:

Panzer Dragoon Orta was a commercial failure.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Panzer DragoonPikaPichu

I have hope for Secret Rings. The series is not in as bad of shape as everyone says. The GC ports weren't great, but they weren't terrible either. Heroes was a decent game from beginning to end. Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow were bad, but the handheld games are awesome and I have hope that Secret Rings will set the series back in the right direction.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="PikaPichu"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Panzer DragoonPanzer_Zwei

Pity, too. It was a great rail shooter and it had a fantastic story.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
SmashBrosLegend

The Saturn would have succeeded, had Sega focused on it. Instead of putting all their games and support onto the Saturn, they got side-tracked with so many stupid things. Even though I love my Game Gear, it never should have existed, and the same goes for the Sega CD, Mega Jet, 32x, and Nomad.

I love the Mega CD, it had a lot of great games till the end. The 32X was so bad, not even I bought it though.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PikaPichu
Panzer_Zwei
argh... that's sad to hear. I love playing it on my Xbox.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Oh yeah Panzer dragon was best.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Radiant Silvergun.
Panzer_Zwei

I love the Mega CD, it had a lot of great games till the end. The 32X was so bad, not even I bought it though.

I'm not questioning the quality of these things, I'm only saying that Sega should have let the Mega Drive die and started focusing on the Saturn.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PikaPichu
Pity, too. It was a great rail shooter and it had a fantastic story.
Redmoonxl2
All we have now are the Starfox games which seemed to have gotten more kiddier with each new entry. :(
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]Pity, too. It was a great rail shooter and it had a fantastic story.
PikaPichu
All we have now are the Starfox games which seemed to have gotten more kiddier with each new entry. :(

Starfox Adventures is a great game, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the series.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]Pity, too. It was a great rail shooter and it had a fantastic story.
PikaPichu

They haven't gotten kiddier. They just got worse...Oh my god, did they get worse...

Star Fox Command was probably the only game in my DS library that I regret buying.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Panzer_Zwei

I'm not questioning the quality of these things, I'm only saying that Sega should have let the Mega Drive die and started focusing on the Saturn.SmashBrosLegend
It wasn't that simple. The MegaDrive was 2 years older than the SNES, they had to update sooner. The CD-ROM attachment was a great idea, they just didn't know crap about how to present it to consumers.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Daytona USA
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PikaPichu
[QUOTE="PikaPichu"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]Pity, too. It was a great rail shooter and it had a fantastic story.
SmashBrosLegend

Starfox Adventures is a great game, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the series.

I want less ground battles and more spaceship dogfights. :)
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]
I'm not questioning the quality of these things, I'm only saying that Sega should have let the Mega Drive die and started focusing on the Saturn.Panzer_Zwei
It wasn't that simple. The MegaDrive was 2 years older than the SNES, they had to update sooner. The CD-ROM attachment was a great idea, they just didn't know crap about how to present it to consumers.

That may be, but I, like many other people, was quite reluctant to buy a Saturn so soon after buying two Genesis attachments.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SmashBrosLegend
By the way, do you mind if I use your userbar in your sig, Panzer?
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Man I grew up with the NES.

When the 16 bit era came through half of my boys had SNES and the other had Genesis.

Next up came what I call the N64 era. Everyone had N64 except my one good friend who had this thing called the Sega Saturn.

The system was some what mysterious to me. Games like Virtual Cop, Virtual Fighter 2, Daytona, X-Men (the fighting one) and much more. The games came in these cool gold labled cases that were amazing. But when I went to buy one something crazy happened. It was like they were giving it away? It came with 3 games good games for the same price as the Playstation. Sadly this system went the way of the Dinosaurs before I could even buy one.

I still want one to this day because there are a lot of games that is has that I couldn't find on PS1. And I still want the 2nd and 3rd act of Shining Force III dammit!
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Panzer_Zwei
By the way, do you mind if I use your userbar in your sig, Panzer?SmashBrosLegend
Not at all. few people are already using it.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SmashBrosLegend

When the 16 bit era came through half of my boys had SNES and the other had Genesis.

Next up came what I call the N64 era. Everyone had N64 except my one good friend who had this thing called the Sega Saturn.

The system was some what mysterious to me. Games like Virtual Cop, Virtual Fighter 2, Daytona, X-Men (the fighting one) and much more. The games came in these cool gold labled cases that were amazing. But when I went to buy one something crazy happened. It was like they were giving it away? It came with 3 games good games for the same price as the Playstation. Sadly this system went the way of the Dinosaurs before I could even buy one.

I still want one to this day because there are a lot of games that is has that I couldn't find on PS1. And I still want the 2nd and 3rd act of Shining Force III dammit!
Blackbond
Yeah, my Saturn came with Vitrua FIghter 2, Virtua Cop, Daytona USA, and the Bootleg Sampler disc.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]By the way, do you mind if I use your userbar in your sig, Panzer?Panzer_Zwei
Not at all. few people are already using it.

Thanks.
freshfighter83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freshfighter83
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts
Panzer Dragoon Series, way better than Xbox one. Shining Force & the holy Ark. Exhumed because that is one of my favourite FPS ever, I liked just about every Saturn game I owned, it is my favourite machine ever.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Panzer_Zwei

Blackbond
I hated the tall cases. Tell me how amazing they are when you have 80+ of those taking up the space of  3 or 4 times their worth.
BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
I barely had any games for it, but I played VF, Ultimate MK 3, Sonic R, Panzer Dragoon, and this crazy Bug! game.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]
I'm not questioning the quality of these things, I'm only saying that Sega should have let the Mega Drive die and started focusing on the Saturn.SmashBrosLegend

That may be, but I, like many other people, was quite reluctant to buy a Saturn so soon after buying two Genesis attachments.

Well, that was certainly the case. But the gamers that were in the know, knew what good games the Mega CD was getting, as well as didn't fell for the 32X. Certainly the Mega CD had a lot of crap on it, but that apparently that's what the mayority bough, just really astonish me.
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
Best saturn game??? Shining Force 3!
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

1. Panzer Dragon Saga

2. Dragon Force

3. Guardian Heroes

4.Capcom Generations 2  (Ghosts n' Goblins Trilogy)

5. Layer Section

I hope Sega relaunches these games for the VC or something similar.