Whats with the sudden rise of Wii hate?

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Whats with the sudden rise of Wii hate on this board? More and more topics about "Are you selling your wii" or "Does you Wii collect dust" and just alot of posts in other topics directed negativly at Wii. So my question is, why?
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts
it's not as bad as after E3
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

I laughed when I saw "rise" and "wii" in the same sentence.

I feel like a little kid... :cry:

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

many fanboys starting to realise that the Wii will sell the most this gen, so they need damage control

cannot only imagine how things will be when the PS3 overtakes the 360 in sales next year

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
because if you think about it after the price cut of the 360 the Wii is a big rip off and has barely any upcomeing good games at the moment
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
Two words...

Buyer's remorse.
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

many fanboys starting to realise that the Wii will sell the most this gen, so they need damage control

cannot only imagine how things will be when the PS3 overtakes the 360 in sales next year

Nintendo_Man

agreed

more and more people are being forced to accept the fact that the wii is going to sell the most this gen

there are 5 stages of acceptance, as shown by this video

for the past couple of years, the posters of system wars have been in stage one. it seems that recently they have progressed into stage 2.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

"sudden rise"? Insecure people have always hated on the Wii here.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Happens with everything. The more popular it becomes the more it gets hated on. I believe it's called jealousy
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Because we are all sooooo jealous of its amazing collection of games.
payaso56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 payaso56
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts
i do have to say that the Wii has lost a lot of its luster. i cant think of one huge exclusive blockbuster title scheduled for release. i know they will make sequels to their big name games (zelda,mario,star fox, etc.) but those probably won't be done for at least two years.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Nintendo_Man

True there is a lot of damage control from non wii owners. There is also a lot of wii disappointment threads from wii owners like myself that see the wii sell amazing month after month but those sales never seem to translate into good games and frankly there is not a lot of promising wii games in the near future (2008 not announced 2009+ games that we know nothing about).
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

I will hate it until I get mine
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

Bigboi500

Riiight, "insecure", most of this board dislikes the Wii, and they're not all insecure people. if you bash the Wii on every chance you get then yes, you are insecure, but its library is obviously lacking compared to other 2 consoles...that's the reason people dislike it here.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

qewrewq

Riiight, "insecure", most of this board dislikes the Wii, and they're not all insecure people. if you bash the Wii on every chance you get then yes, you are insecure, but its library is obviously lacking compared to other 2 consoles...that's the reason people dislike it here.

Not liking the Wii is one thing, but bashing it just proves that the people doing it are insecure. Why else would anyone not interested in it or its games bother to talk about it?

Dislike and hate are two different things. Discussing things they dislike about it is one thing, hating on it is insecurity. All that hate and ignorance is spawned from insecurity.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
[QUOTE="qewrewq"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

Not liking the Wii is one thing, but bashing it just proves that the people doing it are insecure. Why else would anyone not interested in it or its games bother to talk about it?

Dislike and hate are two different things. Discussing things they dislike about it is one thing, hating on it is insecurity. All that hate and ignorance is spawned from insecurity.

Well said. Why else would a game like Wii music be treated with such vehemence?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Nintendo_Man

Who cares if it sells more? It still gets the crappiest games.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

Meh. It's not new.

But it got worse after E3.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Ragnarok1051

I prefer its line-up over the PS3.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Nintendo_Man

Well I can't help your opinion.

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Nintendo_Man

If Metal Gear, didn't exist, I'd agree with you.

flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

JB730

agreed

more and more people are being forced to accept the fact that the wii is going to sell the most this gen

there are 5 stages of acceptance, as shown by this video

for the past couple of years, the posters of system wars have been in stage one. it seems that recently they have progressed into stage 2.

Off topic: Anderson Silva is flippin' amazing :D
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
It's actually a scale. The amount of hate is scaled in proportion to the amount of time without an AAE or an AAA game, seriously. Look at the bashing Cows got until MGS4 came out, Wii had not much hate against it early in the year because it got like 2 AAAE's in 3 months when every other console had nothing really. Then after E3 people were bashing the lineup, now there hasn't been anything good since Okami, so the hate will rise and rise until a great game comes out and shuts everyone up who's going "LUL WII got NOM games 4 rest of da yea!!!"
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Ragnarok1051

Still gets some of the best games
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

because if you think about it after the price cut of the 360 the Wii is a big rip off nd has barely any upcomeing good games at the momentJangoWuzHere

OMG, the Wii has no good games coming. WTF OMG LOL. Yeah, ok.. opinion stated, thank you come again. the wii has plenty of good games coming and has an abundance of good games out ..

JonasJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JonasJuice
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
It's stems from insecurities of their own consoles and gaming habits. Why do bullys pick on the weak?
vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts

Whats with the sudden rise of Wii hate on this board? More and more topics about "Are you selling your wii" or "Does you Wii collect dust" and just alot of posts in other topics directed negativly at Wii. So my question is, why?radicalplace

Because the Wii is in the worst state its been in since launch with a poor selection of upcoming Wii games so stupid anti-Wii fanboys saw the oppurtunity to bash the crap out of it and walk around laughing with a sense of accomplishment. Kind of like the horrible PS3 launch.

MacaroniMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MacaroniMoses
Member since 2003 • 682 Posts
People are realising that it actually sucks finally.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

Meh. It's not new.

But it got worse after E3.

angelkimne

agreed.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

Why? Let's see, no games good enough to hype this holiday season. Then the games that are releasing end up being so bad it's embarassing. For instance, hyping the Wii version of Force Unleashed as the best version.....Sheep kind of walked into that one. heck you sheep even convinced me that maybe it might grade out as high as the PS3/X360 version.....then they get a 6.5.

The Wii is hated for good reason....unless you are like the millions that use it for WiiFitt or group party games. Core games, Wii = sucks.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]because if you think about it after the price cut of the 360 the Wii is a big rip off nd has barely any upcomeing good games at the momentdotWithShoes

OMG, the Wii has no good games coming. WTF OMG LOL. Yeah, ok.. opinion stated, thank you come again. the wii has plenty of good games coming and has an abundance of good games out ..

So good infact you listed by saying ...........

I think it's funny when someone defends the Wii saying it has an ABUNDANCE of GOOD games coming out but list none......what's even funnier is when people actually try to list some lol.

Of course you could just list games that are going to come out late next year or in 2010 (like the new Zelda, Mario, Metriod, Pikman, ect...) but that is exactly why people are hating the Wii right now.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I have two guesses:

1) Single system owners are trying to make themselves feel better for picking the wrong system this gen.

or

2) Sometimes I think that all the trolls get released from suspension all at once, release all their anti-Wii venom, and then simultaneously get suspended all at once, how else do you explain the periodic waves of anti-Wii trolls?

TBH, even if it is not your favorite system there is no reason not to have one.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
The negitive backlash had to come sooner or later. All these millions of Wii owners are finally realising the Wii is a piece of crap. Just look at the awesome 3rd party support...look at NHL'09, look at Star Wars Force Unleashed....look at the awesome first party game coming soon: Wii Music...yah. This system is just a waste of everyones time.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

JLF1

True there is a lot of damage control from non wii owners. There is also a lot of wii disappointment threads from wii owners like myself that see the wii sell amazing month after month but those sales never seem to translate into good games and frankly there is not a lot of promising wii games in the near future (2008 not announced 2009+ games that we know nothing about).

agreed.

The wii had a great late 2007-early 2008 with Galaxy, brawl, No more heroes, mario kart. But the future looks bear.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
SW:FU? My crap is better than your crap? ok.. anyway, the reasons given were crap anyway.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Two words...

Buyer's remorse.strudel420

That's not the Wii's fault, though. It's the idiots' fault for buying it. :?

Blaming inanimate objects for one's own folly...:lol:

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="strudel420"]Two words...

Buyer's remorse.Hexagon_777

Broken promices just like Sony.

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
[QUOTE="qewrewq"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

What does insecurity have to do with videogames?
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts
[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Shinobishyguy

agreed.

The wii had a great late 2007-early 2008 with Galaxy, brawl, No more heroes, mario kart. But the future looks bear.

Nope, the Bear ( Banjo N&B ) is on 360.

PS: I know you meant bare, just couldn't help myself. :oops:

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Why the hate?

Because many gamers who grew up on Nintendo or supported them for years, are beginning to realize (and after 2008 E3) that the Wii isn't exactly what they expected it to be, after 2 years.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I'm just glad I own another system. If I still had a wii as my primary console, I probably would have stopped gaming for the first time in my life.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
People are mad that its selling so well. They also seem to think it has no games. So therefore, no games+selling well = WTF to them.
phlynhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 phlynhy
Member since 2004 • 790 Posts

I have all three systems.

Wii hasn't been turned on in MONTHS.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

Buyer's remorse.Ragnarok1051

Then I understand. Can you name the promises, please?

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
People are mad that its selling so well. They also seem to think it has no games. So therefore, no games+selling well = WTF to them.Haziqonfire
Wii had good games for the first year. Now I dont see anything worth spending the money on, at lest when I could buy a PS3 game that may give me more use. I'm still playing COD4 because it has online. After seeing what the other two systems can do, I just dont see much in the wii anymore. I've been a life long nintendo fan, and this is the first gen where I've been totally disapointed in where they are taking their games.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Whats with the sudden rise of Wii hate on this board? More and more topics about "Are you selling your wii" or "Does you Wii collect dust" and just alot of posts in other topics directed negativly at Wii. So my question is, why?radicalplace

That would be due to the decline of good games coming out for the Wii... There's been nothing new for months now.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]People are mad that its selling so well. They also seem to think it has no games. So therefore, no games+selling well = WTF to them.Darthmatt
Wii had good games for the first year. Now I dont see anything worth spending the money on, at lest when I could buy a PS3 game that may give me more use. I'm still playing COD4 because it has online. After seeing what the other two systems can do, I just dont see much in the wii anymore. I've been a life long nintendo fan, and this is the first gen where I've been totally disapointed in where they are taking their games.

And Wii games don't have online? A lot of people are still playing Mario Kart online, is a blast.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

Buyer's remorse.Hexagon_777

Then I understand. Can you name the promises, please?

We were promised new ways of playing, but all we got was a replacement for button mashing.