What's the point of the Xbone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

As a gamer I like to own all platforms because each platform usually has a exclusive which is worth buying a platform just to pay said exclusive. ie. Uncharted Trilogy/The Last of Us - PS3, Halo/Gears of War - X360, Pokemon - 3DS, PS4 - Bloodborne/Uncharted 4, PC - Everything single multiplatform masterpiece at 60fps beyond 1080p - The Witcher 3/GTA4/5/MGS5 but it leaves us with the last console, Xbone - ?!?!?

All multiplatform games including games like Gears of War UE, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ryse, Dead Rising run and look much better on pc.

That leaves us with a few exclusives, Forza, Halo 5, Gears 4, Sunset overdrive. All of which aren't that spectacular.

Forza - a boring track racing game, its like playing golf/ lawn bowls

Halo 5 - No longer the amazing console fps, now its about the equilivant of a game like "Section 8" (google that if you need)

Gears 4 - Prediction is its gonna be very similiar to Gears Judgement, the gameplay footage looks nothing spectacular unlike Uncharted 4's E3 demos, more or less just another b-grade take like Halo 5. Seriously Microsoft, what do you expect when you hand these franchises to inexperienced devs...

Sunset Overdrive - this is no console seller and can be forgone, its about as good as Red Faction...

No Xbone exclusive are incredible as say Bloodborne/Uncharted 4, its multiplatforms run at inferior resolution to the PC and even the PS4. After all, we buy a platform for games right? But clearly the Xbone isn't up to scratch as its counter part since it lacks a groundbreaking exclusives. If reports are true, the Xbox TWO is gonna be heaps powerful than the PS4, once again if it is anthing like these few years - lack of decent exclusives its gonna lag behind once again. It'll never be as powerful as a high end PC and will never beat the PS in exclusives, whats the point?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

For people to play games.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

It makes the other systems look good.

Gears 4 MP will be good tho.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I ask myself the same question everyday. As a PC/PS4 owner the Xbone offers jackshit for me when it comes to games. All its worthwhile "exclusives" are on PC and it runs all the multiplat games at the worst settings. It really is the most redundant system.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What's the point of the PS4 when the NeO comes out? It will have all the games PS4 has but patch them to look and run better. Also you are spreading lies and misinformation that all multiplats "masterpieces" run at 1080p 60fps on PS4 and then you hide behind the PC. The fact is that the PS4 isn't as powerful you are trying to make it out to be, that's why they're releasing the NeO. And also the fact is that you would need more than one system to experience the best in gaming. So you making it seem that the PS4 alone could fulfill the best in gaming is a lie and misinformation. It's hilarious how cows talk down Microsoft games but say things like they would get them on PC since the PS4 does not have them.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

To make money?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

This topic is almost as redundant as the system itself. I don't disagree with with you, but it's just a subject that's been beaten into the ground.

Also, those are some pretty weak attempts at trying to discredit the few exclusives it does have. Plenty of people still enjoy those games.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

What's the point of this thread?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

If you don't have a gaming PC like me then it's an awesome console to have. And as our stoner friend pointed out that was some weak, fanboy ways to discredit the exclusives it does have. Forza is an amazing racer, SO was great fun, and Halo 5 is multiplayer of the gen. Let's not forget Rare Replay.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I use it to play great games and also for apps like Netflix, Crackle, etc.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

To trick uninformed consumers into buying it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

TBH, I only use my Xbone for Halo. And very seldomly, sadly :?

Since many of the games that release on Xbone also release on PC, I typically opt for the later. So if you want to count my PC as a beefier Xbox model, go right ahead

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I use it to game share and play these shared games at the same time on our own consoles using our own accounts.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I hear that its a nice cup holder

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

As a gamer I like to own all platforms because each platform usually has a exclusive which is worth buying a platform just to pay said exclusive. ie. Uncharted Trilogy/The Last of Us - PS3, Halo/Gears of War - X360, Pokemon - 3DS, PS4 - Bloodborne/Uncharted 4, PC - Everything single multiplatform masterpiece at 60fps beyond 1080p - The Witcher 3/GTA4/5/MGS5 but it leaves us with the last console, Xbone - ?!?!?

All multiplatform games including games like Gears of War UE, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ryse, Dead Rising run and look much better on pc.

That leaves us with a few exclusives, Forza, Halo 5, Gears 4, Sunset overdrive. All of which aren't that spectacular.

Halo 5 - No longer the amazing console fps, now its about the equilivant of a game like "Section 8" (google that if you need)

Gears 4 - Prediction is its gonna be very similiar to Gears Judgement, the gameplay footage looks nothing spectacular unlike Uncharted 4's E3 demos, more or less just another b-grade take like Halo 5. Seriously Microsoft, what do you expect when you hand these franchises to inexperienced devs...

Sunset Overdrive - this is no console seller and can be forgone, its about as good as Red Faction...

No Xbone exclusive are incredible as say Bloodborne/Uncharted 4, its multiplatforms run at inferior resolution to the PC and even the PS4. After all, we buy a platform for games right? But clearly the Xbone isn't up to scratch as its counter part since it lacks a groundbreaking exclusives. If reports are true, the Xbox TWO is gonna be heaps powerful than the PS4, once again if it is anthing like these few years - lack of decent exclusives its gonna lag behind once again. It'll never be as powerful as a high end PC and will never beat the PS in exclusives, whats the point?

Looks like no point FOR YOU. Are you under the impression everyone else is subjected to your tastes? And LOL at "groundbreaking exclusives". I am loving Uncharted 4, but what is so groundbreaking about it or Bloodsoulsborne? Great games, I own both but nothing that hasn't been done before. I think you're in love with critical acclaim these games get.

Halo 5- best MP shooter on consoles imo; Rare Replay; MCC because I don't have to play them separately on a 360 and they work fine now; Sunset Overdrive is pure, outrageous fun and chaos; Forza Horizon 2 because it isn't the exact same game as the 360 version.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Cows again acting like they all have gaming PC's...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Well, you can turn the console On. What other reason to own an Xbone do you want?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Well, until this year it actually had a much better console exclusive line-up than the PS4, for me at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#19 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

When I sold my 360 and all its games in june 2013, I was thinking of getting an Xbone, then I heard about all the stupid Kinect spying, and other consumer hating things they were talking about doing, and I just built my own pc. I cant see myself going back to consoles, but if I was to go back, it would surely be a PS4. Xbone, with all the struggling with 720p, 30fps, and no big exclusives except for Halo and Gears, which were getting seriously tiresome by that point, I just dont see how it's as good as a PS4.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

you should use the quantum mechanics in your ps4 super computer to go back in time and tell MS to add a more power to Xbox One before its launched

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Most all the games I personally want to play are available on it, I love the controller, it was the only way to play Killer Instinct for over 2 years, etc...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cainetao11

@hillelslovak said:

When I sold my 360 and all its games in june 2013, I was thinking of getting an Xbone, then I heard about all the stupid Kinect spying, and other consumer hating things they were talking about doing, and I just built my own pc. I cant see myself going back to consoles, but if I was to go back, it would surely be a PS4. Xbone, with all the struggling with 720p, 30fps, and no big exclusives except for Halo and Gears, which were getting seriously tiresome by that point, I just dont see how it's as good as a PS4.

LMAO I always loved the "Kinect spying" bullshit in a society with video camera's on 90% of people's phones that are accessible by sats.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

For playing all those 360 games I never played, for re-playing games co-op with a friend, for playing the great games that come out every year for it.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Comparing halo 5 to section 8.. lol

Halo 5s Multiplayer is the best it's been since halo reach imo, its miles above halo 4.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#26 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@GhostHawk196: You bought one and you're asking US what the point is? Shouldn't you be telling us?

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Again with this Bloodborn? It's so great but only sold around 2million on a 40 million console base? Apparently most PS4 owners don't agree with you.

How the hell is thread not locked yet? If Xbone was replaced with PS4 in the title, it wouldn't have made it past 3 responses.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

/thread.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

opinions and inb4lock

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Comic Relief.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Simple, I wanna play games with my friends and above all, play games despite I own a PS4/PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

If It's point is to piss off fanboyzz like yourself. It's working gloriously I see. lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

For those few exclusives that MS hasn't given to PC

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

SW has gone stale.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What's the point of the Xbone?

To play games that are not in PoS4, fyi, PoS4 is to play games not in XJ1 if you haven´t figured it out yet.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Comparing halo 5 to section 8.. lol

Halo 5s Multiplayer is the best it's been since halo reach imo, its miles above halo 4.

Best halo mp since 2, the maps could be a shit ton better, but mechanically speaking it's pretty legit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It provides a rather compelling alternative with a brand of exclusives that a substantial portion of the gaming population enjoys. What is the issue?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Wow a thread where a PS fanboy asks what's the point of a MS console...never saw that before.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

Oof! That Engrish, though.

I've sunk several hundred hours into the PS4 and X1 versions of Battlefield 4 and GTAV, but prefer to play these games on the X1 despite the fact that they look marginally better on the PS4. Why? The X1 userbase are overwhelmingly English speaking North Americans. When I play online multiplayer games my preference is to be playing with and against folks who are relatively nearby. The popularily of the Playstation brand abroad means that (in my experience) I run into many more guys from Douchebagistan or wherever when I do online multiplayer on that platform.

Otherwise I enjoy both systems, and each offers it's own unique set of pros and cons. If you can't at least recognize that, then you're probably just a silly fanboy.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#41 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

The point is a great console with great games to play games on and enjoy yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#42 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@hillelslovak said:

LMAO I always loved the "Kinect spying" bullshit in a society with video camera's on 90% of people's phones that are accessible by sats.

Yeah, it was kind of a double standard. It was more about Microsoft being so stupid as to even cinsider it in the first place, and they had the gall to say that was what people wanted. By the time they retracted the nonsense, the damage was done for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

To give people like yourself something to talk about.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cainetao11

@hillelslovak said:
@cainetao11 said:
@hillelslovak said:

Yeah, it was kind of a double standard. It was more about Microsoft being so stupid as to even cinsider it in the first place, and they had the gall to say that was what people wanted. By the time they retracted the nonsense, the damage was done for me.

I hear ya. Going by sales of the first Kinect they had a reason to think so. And had the launched at most, at $400 it might've still moved a smidgen better. But they, like Sony with the PS3, were arrogant and stupid. I'm glad though because it can only be good for consumers when these companies are grounded and cautious of consumer backlash.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

HALO/GEARS/FORZA

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

If you want to play games that are not available on ps4 and you cannot afford entry cost of a PC.

That's the Xbox one.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Its hilarious the people most upset that we own an xbox one are PS4 fanboys. What is wrong with you people?

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Funny thing is you idiots are on here making topics like this instead of playing your precious console. Get a life my friend. Better yet, get a PC which has worthy games and framerates.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@GhostHawk196: What's the point of your post? Your comments tell everyone that you don't own a XB1. Forza 6 boring? lmao!! No. Forza Horizon 2 is just as exciting to play, especially online. Halo 5 is still amazing for gamers who actually play it and not talk shit about it. Please crawl back under your bridge troll. I think everyone has heard this broken record in SW enough times. These threads should be immediately locked when they are posted. Waste of people's time.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#50 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@sukraj said:
@lundy86_4 said: